(shouting)

COMING UP NEXT now w/ BUCKET.TXT

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Darkonius64
Dreams of a forgotten reality
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: COMING UP NEXT

Post by Darkonius64 »

We (and mostly me) deeply apologise for all this ruckus, the Remastering process has taken way longer than we initially expected, so yes it is a good call to remove it till it's properly done, progress should start to be a lot smoother now that the team is back;

Again, sorry about the ruckus, really
:bi_pride:
My latest SMBX episode
https://talkhaus.raocow.com/viewtopic.p ... 70#p473070

My media links:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Darkonius64

Support my indie game Dormiveglia!
https://dormivegliagame.com/
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

I just had my friend asking me when he should play Iconoclasts so he'd be done with it before raocow starts. I did some napkin maths, and insofar as my guesswork goes, the current B-side list will see us to the end of 2019 - past it depending on a few factors of completionism in La-Mulana, Superstar Saga and Crash. I placed Iconoclasts somewhere around September-October.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

Even with a guide La-mulana would be a several months game because it's just that big. Without one I expect it will at least double, if the LP completes at all :lol:
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Just play now

I started ZX some time before Powered Up ended, and then I realized he's playing more Powered Up, but that hasn't stopped me from continuing ZX
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

Parama wrote: 5 years ago Even with a guide La-mulana would be a several months game because it's just that big. Without one I expect it will at least double, if the LP completes at all :lol:
think it'll break the record for longest raocow lp (not including atmm)?
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Crow

Post by Crow »

no, Distorted Travesty 3 and MaGLX2 exist
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

gotta say i dont know why rao is going through with it when everyone except volt thinks its a terrible idea
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Crow

Post by Crow »

the worst ideas make for the best entertainment and/or screen screaming
Awoo
~wan~wan

Re: COMING UP NEXT BUT LATER

Post by Awoo »

At the end of the day, raocow will play what he wants to play. I look forward to watching it either way :3
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

SAJewers wrote: 5 years agothink it'll break the record for longest raocow lp (not including atmm)?
I seriously doubt it'll break even 150 episodes. I'm not so sure it'd break 100 actually. I can see 80-90 but I don't think it'd go much longer than that.
Crow

Post by Crow »

i mean, one of my friends who played without a guide spent 90 HOURS beating the game for the first time
i basically size an episode at an average of a 20 minute play session for raocow so that'd be a ridiculous amount of episodes but i also really don't expect a completely unspoiled playthrough but even still, even with using a guide more than a few times the game took me upwards of 40 hours because it's just that big of a game (la-mulana 2 without a guide except for like literally two points took me about 50 hours, in comparison)

80-90 episodes does not really sound likely to me, is all i'll say.
Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.

Post by Voltgloss »

Grounder wrote: 5 years ago gotta say i dont know why rao is going through with it when everyone except volt thinks its a terrible idea
raoocow apparently wants to LP it. He put it on his own list. He wasn't asked to do so. He can think for himself in making that decision. I, personally, think his decisions should be respected.

also, everyone != you
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

BobisOnlyBob wrote: 5 years ago I just had my friend asking me when he should play Iconoclasts so he'd be done with it before raocow starts. I did some napkin maths, and insofar as my guesswork goes, the current B-side list will see us to the end of 2019 - past it depending on a few factors of completionism in La-Mulana, Superstar Saga and Crash. I placed Iconoclasts somewhere around September-October.
Tell him to play it now, it's so good

He can play it again around August or so

(Also I can't wait for my Rabi-Ribi ass to be bitter about La Mulana taking a long time <_<)
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Voltgloss wrote: 5 years ago
Grounder wrote: 5 years ago gotta say i dont know why rao is going through with it when everyone except volt thinks its a terrible idea
raoocow apparently wants to LP it. He put it on his own list. He wasn't asked to do so. He can think for himself in making that decision. I, personally, think his decisions should be respected.

also, everyone != you
except you are the only person off the top of my head that doesnt think itll be so bad its good at best
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Voltgloss

Post by Voltgloss »

Grounder wrote: 5 years ago except you are the only person off the top of my head that doesnt think itll be so bad its good at best
Fair enough. I can't change what you are thinking, any more than you can change what I am thinking.

I look forward to seeing whose expectations are met by raocow's LP.
Ditocoaf
Haustone Tournament Finalist
https://ditocoaf.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ditocoaf »

I think it'll be good. Ideally he'll play as much as he can on his own, and eventually speed things up by picking and choosing hints from the mountain of hints people will offer to give him. Even if he gets frustrated or it goes slowly, it'll be interesting and pretty fun.

Worst case scenario, people force so many untagged hints on him that they add up to a detailed walkthrough, and he'll just be following instructions. But then in that case it will be over the soonest.
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

The more people discuss it, the more i'm starting to dread it.
Ditocoaf wrote: Worst case scenario, people force so many untagged hints on him that they add up to a detailed walkthrough, and he'll just be following instructions. But then in that case it will be over the soonest.
If it hits that point, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him just drop the LP entirely because it. That, or disable Youtube comments and close the lp thread/never look at it again.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Crow

Post by Crow »

yeah i think at the very least never ever reading the youtube comments needs to be a part of the experience
Voltgloss

Post by Voltgloss »

Parama wrote: 5 years ago yeah i think at the very least never ever reading the youtube comments needs to be a part of the experience
I agree with this 100%.
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Parama wrote: 5 years agoi mean, one of my friends who played without a guide spent 90 HOURS beating the game for the first time
i basically size an episode at an average of a 20 minute play session for raocow so that'd be a ridiculous amount of episodes but i also really don't expect a completely unspoiled playthrough but even still, even with using a guide more than a few times the game took me upwards of 40 hours because it's just that big of a game (la-mulana 2 without a guide except for like literally two points took me about 50 hours, in comparison)

80-90 episodes does not really sound likely to me, is all i'll say.
I don't know that the later videos will actually end up being only 20 minutes though really. There's a lot of travel in the endgame which will probably get jumpcuts and thus longer play sessions to make up for it. Also Iso's lp largely has videos between 25 and 35 minutes in length (though a few are longer like episode 38 which is over an hour) and it's only 45 episodes despite 100%ing the game including 6 in

Hell Temple

which raocow may not end up doing.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

I mentioned this in the Spoiler discussion thread, but I nominate Voltgloss to be the only Hint Giver for the La-Mulana thread.

As a less serious idea, maybe Voltgloss should go ahead with making that thread now, since there has been discussion regarding the upcoming LP for quite a few days, in various places.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Awoo
~wan~wan

Re: COMING UP NEXT BUT MAYBE NOT TOO SOON

Post by Awoo »

Sebby19 wrote: 5 years ago I mentioned this in the Spoiler discussion thread, but I nominate Voltgloss to be the only Hint Giver for the La-Mulana thread.

As a less serious idea, maybe Voltgloss should go ahead with making that thread now, since there has been discussion regarding the upcoming LP for quite a few days, in various places.
Seems a bit pre-emptive, but, maybe it'd be better to have it sooner rather than later?

From what I understand there's still quite a bit of Rayman left for raocow to play

ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

That's why I said it was a less serious idea. I'm aware there is still half of Rayman Origins to go, which raocow already figured out.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Ditocoaf
Haustone Tournament Finalist
https://ditocoaf.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ditocoaf »

The thing is, despite the extreme lack of curiosity sometimes brought out by LP blindness and stubbornness, raocow is relatively smart. He'll figure it out if people let him.

He'll figure it out quickly enough to be entertaining, if he has a smorgasbord of hints available to choose from as he deems neccesary, in the format "hint about X:

blah blah blah

" and "really general strategy tip:[isoiler]pay attention to blah whenever it happens[/isoiler]"

My only fear is about the lack of self-control in the audience, not raocow himself.
Voltgloss

Post by Voltgloss »

Ditocoaf wrote: 5 years ago He'll figure it out quickly enough to be entertaining, if he has a smorgasbord of hints available to choose from as he deems neccesary, in the format "hint about X:

blah blah blah

" and "really general strategy tip:[isoiler]pay attention to blah whenever it happens[/isoiler]"
Thank you for this object lesson in "use the ispoiler buttons when making a post, rather than typing tags by hand" ;)