(shouting)

COMING UP NEXT now w/ BUCKET.TXT

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
ano0maly
Discord User

Re: COMING UP NEXT

Post by ano0maly »

So would it mean that there would be one pool of games where the next game can be assigned to the next available slot (either morning or evening), rather than two separate pools? That sounds interesting because you don't know which slot a game is going to get.
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

don't usually like to post stuff from the spotzone, but since your question was basically asked there already
Annotation 2019-08-21 223412.png
Annotation 2019-08-21 223412.png (54.03 KiB) Viewed 5044 times
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

That leaves ATS in a weird place, though.

Is it going to be worked around, treated as its own thing, adapted, backburnered?
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

No it doesn't
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

c-side stays c-side
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

ok

the "only two slots" bit confused me
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

SAJewers wrote: 4 years ago don't usually like to post stuff from the spotzone, but since your question was basically asked there already
The frequency at which we peons ask questions that have already been addressed on the Patreon Discord suggests to me that answered questions should be posted publicly more often, not less

I feel like this is the fifth or sixth time I have rattled this particular saber but it keeps getting no reaction so I'll keep shaking it
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
raocow
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily

Post by raocow »

in this case I just kinda suggested the idea in the spotzone just get some vibe, and then basically posted here when I was more certain about the idea. My goal isn't to make y'all here feel left out or anything but I can kinda see how it can come through this way :( It's just that on discord feed-back is a bit faster, so...
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer

Post by Kilgamayan »

I'm not angry at you or anything, I'm just frustrated with thinking from behind the paywall that so much of what gets discussed behind the paywall should stay behind the paywall.

Like, I get that there are (and arguably should be) some benefits to being a Patreon, sure. Exclusive access to basic operation/administrative info simply shouldn't ever be on that list of benefits. Originally having ideas there is totally fine; making an active decision to keep those ideas sequestered away there so the rest of us don't see them is a dick move.

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

I'm not sure what to say about this topic yet. But maybe a factor is the fact that raocow is in the official Patreon Discord server but not in the official Discord server for talkhaus.
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

Kilgamayan wrote: 4 years ago I'm not angry at you or anything, I'm just frustrated with thinking from behind the paywall that so much of what gets discussed behind the paywall should stay behind the paywall.

Like, I get that there are (and arguably should be) some benefits to being a Patreon, sure. Exclusive access to basic operation/administrative info simply shouldn't ever be on that list of benefits. Originally having ideas there is totally fine; making an active decision to keep those ideas sequestered away there so the rest of us don't see them is a dick move.
+1ing this, the whole "administrative updates stay for backers' eyes only" nonsense is complete bullshit
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
raocow

Post by raocow »

but, like, there's less then 24 hours between me posting the idea there and making it more official here. I didn't even really make it official over there. there's no real 'administrative discussion' it's just me saying something and then saying it again here. of course I'll answer questions when they come my way.

I really don't understand what I'm doing wrong here.
raocow

Post by raocow »

:(
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

raocow wrote: 4 years ago but, like, there's less then 24 hours between me posting the idea there and making it more official here. I didn't even really make it official over there. there's no real 'administrative discussion' it's just me saying something and then saying it again here. of course I'll answer questions when they come my way.

I really don't understand what I'm doing wrong here.
raocow wrote::(
it's less you (you're fine, you just should be more public about this i feel. you are loved and valid) and more the whole aura of "the spotzone is sacred grounds, nothing must ever leave it. please come to the spotzone" that comes from some people in there
Image Image
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer

Post by Kilgamayan »

Koba's got it. If you don't think important admin info should be kept private behind the Patreon paywall, then you're not part of the problem.

EDIT: Like, information not being posted immediately after it first appears, or information that simply slips the mind, those are fine. It's actively choosing to deny the public information that should be public that's not fine.

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Leet

Post by Leet »

My personal problem is just that sajewers in particular mentions it in almost every post. It's always something like "you should consider that these questions have already been answered somewhere that you had no way of knowing". IMO that's not even relevant info to bring up. If I can't read the answers to the question anyway, then it's not useful to inform me of this.
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Leet wrote: 4 years ago My personal problem is just that sajewers in particular mentions it in almost every post. It's always something like "you should consider that these questions have already been answered somewhere that you had no way of knowing". IMO that's not even relevant info to bring up. If I can't read the answers to the question anyway, then it's not useful to inform me of this.
Is the issue here the fact that he mentioned "spotzone" (tbh I don't know the origin of that name) or the way he presented it?

I want to say that I don't think just citing the source of the information is a problem in itself. If in a particular case like this one where the info just hasn't arrived here yet and communication was quicker in a chat room, it's valid to share the info from another place and identify the place.
Leet

Post by Leet »

He usually doesn't actually post info.
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer

Post by Kilgamayan »

Yeah usually the posts are more like what I responded to here three months ago. (Granted a link was posted later, though whether or not my post had any influence on that decision is unknown.)

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

KobaBeach wrote: 4 years ago it's less you (you're fine, you just should be more public about this i feel. you are loved and valid) and more the whole aura of "the spotzone is sacred grounds, nothing must ever leave it. please come to the spotzone" that comes from some people in there
It's moreso most people in the patapon spotzone consider it to be completely separate from the talkhaus, and wish to keep it that way for various reasons that I don't want to get into right now (at least, that's the vibe i've always gotten), even though there is some overlap between members of the spotzone and people who use the talkhaus.

That's why i'm usually quite hesitant to cross post anything not said by me from the spotzone to here; people would like the spotzone to generally be at arms length from the talkhaus, and i'll respect those wishes.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

That sounds like there's an issue with the reputation of the community, which... doesn't sound good? For people in here/Discordhaus and Patapon to feel alienated by each other?

It's one thing if patrons want a privilege for contributors, but the way you describe it sounds like they don't want to associate with us.
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

sorry we're dirty peasants i guess
Image Image
Leet

Post by Leet »

weird how there's some overlap between the raocow community and the raocow community
YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3
First name: Matt

Post by YelseyKing »

Maybe this isn't the right place to address this, but as it's relevant, I'm going to, anyhow.

Now, I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt, and assume you don't even realize you're coming across this way, but... SAJewers, you are doing a *fantastic* job of painting the "spotzone" as a group of elitist snobs who see themselves as "above" the rest of the community.

With lines like "It's moreso most people in the patapon spotzone consider it to be completely separate from the talkhaus, and wish to keep it that way for various reasons that I don't want to get into right now" and "...people would like the spotzone to generally be at arms length from the talkhaus, and i'll respect those wishes." you make it sound abundantly clear that at least some of the "patapons" think they're too good to interact with the rest of us.

Moreover, you *constantly* shill the place; nearly every one of your posts these days mentions just how awesome the place is, and how "it's only $1 a month" to access it. All right, that's admittedly not much money, but not everyone can or is willing to pay to access a place that, frankly, comes across as so hostile to/standoffish from the rest of the community. The fact that you have, on several occasions, attempted to shut down discussion here by saying it was "already discussed on the spotzone" only exacerbates the issue; my understanding is that you view that place as the "definitive" raocow fandom community, and that anything that goes on there is the "last word", of which we non-paying peons have no grounds to argue with.

In other words, It'd be awesome if you could just cool it with pushing the "spotzone" and using it to either keep the non-paying members in the dark, or to shut down discussion *here*. Even if you were absolutely right about it being the "last word", it doesn't mean *we're* not allowed to give our two cents worth, either.

Granted, I'm probably being a bit unfair here. I doubt the majority of "spotzone" members feel this way, and hell, as I said, I'm hoping I'm wrong about *you*, too, but these are the impressions I get, which does suggest that if nothing else, the "spotzone" needs an image adjustment.

Also, raocow, I don't blame you for any of this; I don't think anyone *does*, either. You've done nothing wrong.
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

YelseyKing wrote: 4 years agoyou make it sound abundantly clear that at least some of the "patapons" think they're too good to interact with the rest of us.
It's not that, rather, patapons in the spotzone consider it a much more welcoming place than the talkhaus, and take issue with some of the people and things here.

At least, that's the way i'm interpreting things from a discussion 3 months ago regarding something that happened here (that I really don't want to get into at all because it affected someone negatively)

EDIT: OK, I'm just gonna leave it at that. If you think i'm shilling too much, then I apologize. However, there are people who are not or longer part of talkhaus and have no desire to be, and previous interactions were not positive, which has largely ended up leaving the spotzone as a place separate from the talkhaus, rather than an extension of the talkhaus for patreons. That's why i try not to post spotzone stuff here, not because i'm an eliteist, but because i want to respect people's spaces.