(shouting)

COMING UP NEXT now w/ BUCKET.TXT

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Re: COMING UP NEXT

Post by Crow »

mibibli ba dee ba do do
deee ba debe dooo

roughly how long will it take anyways i need to play rabi ribi before cowrao starts it but I probably won't finish it in time
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

one single episode, apparently.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

So... that's the actual order huh...
raocow wrote:the plan is to wait for Jump to be released and then replacing the graphics without telling anyone involved with Jump.
Crow

Post by Crow »

Grounder wrote: 6 years ago one single episode, apparently.
welppppp
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

So I picked up Rabi-Ribi yesterday to get ahead of the videos (I'd been meaning to play it for a while) and it's a lot of fun but seems to have lots of slowdown issues? Changing the resolution didn't seem to help at all. A cursory glance at Google suggests I'm not alone in these. Have whatever Pat-a-Pans are in charge of all this offered any advice for how to avoid this for video purposes that might be applicable to the rest of us?
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
strongbadman

Post by strongbadman »

I'm glad I'm not the only one experiencing slowdown issues. That potentially means there's a fix I can easily make happen as opposed to my garbage computer being garbage
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

it wasn't an issue for the little bit I played today, but I'm aware this information is meanginless
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

I just realized Hollow Knight is on the list. That's going to be an extremely long lp at raocow's typical episode length if Iso's lp is anything to go by. 28 episodes so far and a total of 29 hours of video time. (About 34 hours of playtime according to the beginning of his latest video which is an hour and half long and has a handful of edit points.)
Crow

Post by Crow »

It depends on how deep raocow wants to go, I don't feel 100% is worth going for in an LP but at least seeing the true ending should be required as well as fighting every boss/doing all the dlc areas etc. All the core stuff, just not like, hunting down every last charm or upgrade if it's not needed since the game doesn't have a great system for tracking completion
bbbrrr_it_cold
Always ambivalent, always lurking...
First name: Quagsire

Post by bbbrrr_it_cold »

While I would agree that 100% isn't necessary for LP purposes, I would disagree that the game doesn't have a good system for tracking things. All in all, while it could be better, it certainly isn't bad. In my opinion, there are only three things that are really worth worrying about when it comes to tracking things down, and all three should be easy enough for raocow.

Beating a certain boss will put all the grub locations on your map, and that's really the biggest one.
Pale Ore might seem obnoxious at first, but there's only six in the game and one of us could easily track that for him.
And the charms are all unique and in specific spots, so if he decides he wants to get all of them, it would be easy enough for someone who knows the game to tell him the areas/rooms where he's missing charms. Or stuff in general, if the Megaman thread is anything to go off of.

Other than those three things, I feel like you stumble across everything on your own without too much issue, so long as you actually utilize the map to see where you haven't been. Than again, this might also be the sort of game where we see how the first few episodes go and we go from there. I know I mostly lurk here, but I'm certainly going to try to be active and helpful in the thread when we get there.
I have a twitch (where I try to stream most Tuesday and Friday nights): (Don't watch it)
I have a youtube (currently only with stream highlights): (Don't watch it)
I have a twitter (where I say just about nothing): (Don't follow it)
Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Voltgloss »

My question re: Hollow Knight for those who know (and with no spoilers please): how integrated is the DLC with the base game? Like, is the DLC so interweaved that it makes most sense for raocow to play the full package from the start? Or is the DLC more of a discrete add-on that raocow could play separately (potentially at a future date), like the Shovel Knight alternate stories?
bbbrrr_it_cold

Post by bbbrrr_it_cold »

It is (mostly) woven in. I don't know much about the newest DLC, since it is only in beta and I'm waiting for the full release of it, but the first two are decently well woven in. It could be the sort of thing that someone comes back to for a few episodes, but raocow is very likely to stumble upon it through regular play. I've done two playthroughs and the first was before the DLC came out, so I simply revisited it afterwards. But during my second playthrough, I just did the DLC when it felt natural to do it in the game.
I did say mostly though and that's because, for most of it, you can sort of tell it wasn't in the base game. Regardless, it's all still in the same story, same file, same world (etc).

I think the newest DLC has an entirely new mode, but raocow almost certainly won't be playing that anyway.

I have a twitch (where I try to stream most Tuesday and Friday nights): (Don't watch it)
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

bbbrrr_it_cold wrote: 6 years ago

And the charms are all unique and in specific spots, so if he decides he wants to get all of them, it would be easy enough for someone who knows the game to tell him the areas/rooms where he's missing charms. Or stuff in general, if the Megaman thread is anything to go off of.

While I agree with your other points, this one not so much.

Some charm slots have multiple charms that can go there. There's the Fragile X charms which can be later upgraded to Unbreakable X charms and then there's apparently at least one other that has multiple possible charms. The Grimmchild one, or whatever its name was, has multiple levels as well as one charm that replaces it if you do some other thing that prevents the Grimm Troupe from coming or something like that. Those are not things that can be easily tracked in the game.

Voltgloss wrote: 6 years agoMy question re: Hollow Knight for those who know (and with no spoilers please): how integrated is the DLC with the base game? Like, is the DLC so interweaved that it makes most sense for raocow to play the full package from the start? Or is the DLC more of a discrete add-on that raocow could play separately (potentially at a future date), like the Shovel Knight alternate stories?
It's quite integrated with the base game. It's less DLC and more content expansions. I know there have been multiple DLC for the game but I can only tell you where the base game ends and the DLC begin in a single case. And if I didn't know it was DLC already then I wouldn't even be able to tell there either.
Crow

Post by Crow »

It's a bit absurd how huge the game is for a $15 title, tbh

Not that I am complaining
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

Between Rabi-Ribi and especially Hollow Knight, looks like I'll be missing out on the B-side for some months based on "games i want to play eventually but am in no hurry to do so yet". Still undecided on Celeste.
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

Leet wrote: 6 years ago Between Rabi-Ribi and especially Hollow Knight, looks like I'll be missing out on the B-side for some months based on "games i want to play eventually but am in no hurry to do so yet". Still undecided on Celeste.
That's how I feel about Hollow Knight and Celeste. Probably won't be watching Rabi for other reasons though lol
raocow wrote:the plan is to wait for Jump to be released and then replacing the graphics without telling anyone involved with Jump.
bbbrrr_it_cold

Post by bbbrrr_it_cold »

Alice wrote: 6 years ago While I agree with your other points, this one not so much.

Some charm slots have multiple charms that can go there. There's the Fragile X charms which can be later upgraded to Unbreakable X charms and then there's apparently at least one other that has multiple possible charms. The Grimmchild one, or whatever its name was, has multiple levels as well as one charm that replaces it if you do some other thing that prevents the Grimm Troupe from coming or something like that. Those are not things that can be easily tracked in the game.

Honestly, (again, having played the game twice) I'd disagree.

All of the fragile charms are gotten in one place and then upgraded another place. It might not be immediately obvious where they're upgraded, but you also don't need to upgrade them for completion (and, knowing how raocow plays, he'd need to seriously grind money to get enough). As for the Grimmchild charm, the game explicitly tells you exactly how it works and, so long as you have it equipped, the means to upgrade it appear on your map. And it changing is also something that first appears on your map and then is told to you exactly where to go. The only other charm that has multiple pieces/forms is, essentially, plot.
Though, now that I say that, I think the newest DLC might change some of that?

In any case, part of my point is that, if raocow wants to go for this stuff and doesn't know where to look, we can at least give him locations for where to start looking. And that holds true for all of the stuff spoilered there.
Last edited by bbbrrr_it_cold 6 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
strongbadman

Post by strongbadman »

I'm just hoping the latest expansion comes out before Rabi Ribi is over, just for simplicity's sake.
Crow

Post by Crow »

yeah i will genuinely say "hey don't you dare play hollow knight until the last dlc is out" especially since rabi-ribi will probably be long enough to fill the time before it does come out
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer

Post by Kilgamayan »

Given the outpouring of "one double-playthrough was enough" from the All the MegaMen thread, I'm suddenly really nervous about whether or not RKS and RKS:F are going to get double playthroughs. <_<;

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Kilgamayan wrote: 6 years ago Given the outpouring of "one double-playthrough was enough" from the All the MegaMen thread, I'm suddenly really nervous about whether or not RKS and RKS:F are going to get double playthroughs. <_<;
oh please, the yt comments are super down for all the mega men to last literally forever another double dip
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer

Post by Kilgamayan »

Oh, are they? I tend to not pay attention to the YouTube comments. :V

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
raocow
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily

Post by raocow »

- IMPORTANT NEWS-
If I get my hand on all the submissions for the latest chocolate contest, I will probably skip it ahead of list. ALSO, I have been told that vip6 is basically finished except for the last level. I might consider doing this to, but I'm less sure.

note that doomsday remains to be the next project, I'm talking like after that
BuzzNBen
First name: Ben

Post by BuzzNBen »

raocow wrote: 6 years ago note that doomsday remains to be the next project, I'm talking like after that
Have you tested Super Mario Bros Doomsday and the Virtual Machine yet to make sure the game runs with no issues?
raocow

Post by raocow »

yup, I made it past skipping the beginning cutscenes so I can at least make it that far