(shouting)

COMING UP NEXT now w/ BUCKET.TXT

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Grounder

Re: COMING UP NEXT

Post by Grounder »

TiKi wrote: 3 years ago
Grounder wrote: 3 years ago the original version is a bad game

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP
hey there everyone this is raocow playing sonic 06

and while you say "raocow only plays the BEST VERSIONS of games" i'll be waiting for you when he gets to sonic the hedgehog genesis (gba)!
die once in la mulana classix after saving once and imagine it a thousand times :aliceko: :sanaeko: :reimuko:
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

i think the la-mulana remake changes so much that it's almost like its own game. OTOH a lot of these ps4 remakes are the same underlying game but with the graphics replaced with random different graphics, and all of this done by some new third party studio (unlike la-mulana which was made by the same people both times). there's a huge difference in how much "value" they confer as works, at least the way i see it
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
thatguyif
Pronouns: We Are The 99%

Post by thatguyif »

SAJewers wrote: 3 years ago👀
Any idea what the other Royal Suggestions were that Spyro beat?
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

thatguyif wrote: 3 years ago
Screenshot 2021-04-24 202429.png
Screenshot 2021-04-24 202429.png (8.8 KiB) Viewed 3254 times
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

honestly it was a close decision
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

yeah i was hoping you were gonna pick panzer dragoon when i saw the list. we need more lps of shooters.
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

raocow wrote: 3 years ago honestly it was a close decision
SAJewers wrote: 3 years ago yeah i was hoping you were gonna pick panzer dragoon when i saw the list. we need more lps of shooters.
panzer dragoon saga is an rpg with a rail shooter inspired battle system tho?????????
it's like under 20 hours and has basically zero padding or grinding whatsoever by design but. maybe after zwei's over yeah?

im down with spironolactone the dragon

(pd1, pd zwei, pd mini and pd orta are all rail shooters though)
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

oh i'm confusing it with the first one
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

panzer dragoon saga rules and i'm definitely starting it soon, shiroki majo and virtual hydlide being my only saturn rpg experiences is disrespectful on my end despite the half-ironic fun i had with vh

it had a really troubled, tragic development despite all the love put in it and a lot of it came from how sega pushed to make a game that could beat ff7 and bring people towards the saturn, but their ambitions were such that it could barely be done on psx and saturn - it's almost entirely 3d, has like 2 hours of cg clips and its voice acted, coming in 4 discs, ff7 was still doing models on pre-rendered backgrounds - and the terrible mishandling of the saturn outside of japan causing there to be minimal copies available in english despite the love and care put into the localization by sega employees who very much adored the game
Image Image
thatguyif

Post by thatguyif »

SAJewers wrote: 3 years ago
thatguyif wrote: 3 years ago
Screenshot 2021-04-24 202429.png

😞
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

So the source material for this information is lost, but there are preferred versions for each Spyro game:

Spyro 1 (Spyro the Dragon): PAL
Spyro 2 (Ripto's Rage): Either NTSC or PAL works.
Spyro 3 (Year of the Dragon): NTSC Revision 1, as tcrf.net calls it. The version update there is very important, as it fixes a serious bug that was present in the original release.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

Why would a version with a sped up framerate/gamespeed be preferred? (Pal was wack back then)
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

I'm basing this from what I remember in a former LP thread. The PAL version of the first game was preferred simply because it had one more music track, where NTSC reused a music track from another level. Not a big deal though.

The third game has a greater difference in that the NTSC has several more music tracks than PAL, which needed to sacrifice some in order to have space to support various language options for European release. But more crucial is making sure that you have that fix, with whichever region you chose, and not play the original release that has an easily triggered glitch preventing 100%.
Sugar
Pronouns: fae/faer

Post by Sugar »

It's generally a good idea to avoid PAL releases for home video game consoles before 7th generation. Some 6th generation games did support PAL 60, but that's on game by game basis.

The issue is the frame rate: PAL has 50 Hz refresh rate as opposed to NTSC's 60 Hz. Many games weren't designed with it in mind, and even when they were modified to work with PAL, it often broke physics. Not to mention, many LCD displays pretty much always render 60 Hz image which means that rendering 50 Hz games on it will be janky with repeating frames every 12 frames or so.
TiKi

Post by TiKi »

KobaBeach wrote: 3 years ago panzer dragoon saga rules and i'm definitely starting it soon, shiroki majo and virtual hydlide being my only saturn rpg experiences is disrespectful on my end despite the half-ironic fun i had with vh

it had a really troubled, tragic development despite all the love put in it and a lot of it came from how sega pushed to make a game that could beat ff7 and bring people towards the saturn, but their ambitions were such that it could barely be done on psx and saturn - it's almost entirely 3d, has like 2 hours of cg clips and its voice acted, coming in 4 discs, ff7 was still doing models on pre-rendered backgrounds - and the terrible mishandling of the saturn outside of japan causing there to be minimal copies available in english despite the love and care put into the localization by sega employees who very much adored the game
I find the idea of 8 random dungeons out of a big pool in each game to be a neat idea. It's a randomizer on a whole 'nother level that I've only seen that concept be used in Zelda Classic, roguelikes, and not any commercial games outside of, again, roguelikes

I do wonder how the Saturn's English situation could have been improved, even without the CD/32X and the E3 launch disaster/$299. Not only was Sony using their console as a loss leader, but they were really VICIOUS in showing off its 3D capabilities in an ironically similar way to SEGA's Genesis marketing, such that people were getting conditioned with this pathological hatred of 2D games - and if you've seen those infamous MM8 or SOTN vs. C64 game magazine comments you know that wasn't limited to the Saturn's 2D library.
thatguyif

Post by thatguyif »

Small heads-up (also to raocow if he has it in Canada): Amazon Games will be offering Yoku's Island Express free starting May 3 for those with Amazon Prime
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

lol what
well okay then
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

not sure if you've ever claimed a free game from prime gaming, but if you haven't, you can do so at https://gaming.amazon.com/home (or go to twitch and click the crown icon on the top right)

also note amazon has it's own games launcher now you need to use for these games. you used to be able to use the twitch app, but they removed that in favour of the standalone amazon launcher

other games dropping may 3 as well if you're curious
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

TiKi wrote: 3 years ago
KobaBeach wrote: 3 years ago panzer dragoon saga rules and i'm definitely starting it soon, shiroki majo and virtual hydlide being my only saturn rpg experiences is disrespectful on my end despite the half-ironic fun i had with vh

I find the idea of 8 random dungeons out of a big pool in each game to be a neat idea. It's a randomizer on a whole 'nother level that I've only seen that concept be used in Zelda Classic, roguelikes, and not any commercial games outside of, again, roguelikes

I do wonder how the Saturn's English situation could have been improved, even without the CD/32X and the E3 launch disaster/$299. Not only was Sony using their console as a loss leader, but they were really VICIOUS in showing off its 3D capabilities in an ironically similar way to SEGA's Genesis marketing, such that people were getting conditioned with this pathological hatred of 2D games - and if you've seen those infamous MM8 or SOTN vs. C64 game magazine comments you know that wasn't limited to the Saturn's 2D library.
The dungeons are kind of the same, the only thing that changes is the placements. Not as drastic, but.

Anyway yeah it's shit like that that resulted in us not getting Arc the Lad 1-3 until 2002 and outright never getting the PS1 PoPoLoCrois games (neither the PS2 ones which are 3D?????????!?!?!?!?!?), instead we got, Beyond the Beyond????? I respect what C64 tried to do, but I've actually seen people call Battle Arena Toshinden 1 GOTY level, better than Virtua Fighter, purely because of its graphics. Just. Just play Battle Arena Toshinden for like 10 minutes and you'll see why this is bullshit (heard 3 is actually alright though).
Image Image
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

welp
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

The beginning of AA-side ??
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

ano0maly wrote: 2 years ago The beginning of AA-side ??
phoenix wright and raocow would be a beautiful disaster
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Sugar
Pronouns: fae/faer

Post by Sugar »

Grounder wrote: 2 years ago
Honestly, it's a trainwreck I would love to see.
thatguyif

Post by thatguyif »

xfix wrote: 2 years ago
Grounder wrote: 2 years ago
Honestly, it's a trainwreck I would love to see.
It would be fun for about 10 videos...and then just sad for 20 more
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Rednaxela
Maker of Shenanigans
Pronouns: they/them
https://rednaxela.talkhaus.com

Post by Rednaxela »

If nothing else, I feel that's a notion that would lead to many hilarious voices assigned to characters. Question is, who in Phoenix Wright would earn the bowsermarisa voice.