(shouting)

COMING UP NEXT now w/ BUCKET.TXT

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3
First name: Matt

Re: COMING UP NEXT

Post by YelseyKing »

...but can't fans of *anything* hyped up say that same exact thing? That it's "well-deserved"? I'm not saying it's *bad* (I'm not familiar with Celeste in the slightest), just... I've heard that one before. Many, many times. :P
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

it's just a really good platformer, guys, geez
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
kitikami

Post by kitikami »

I don't really mind which order raocow decides to play the games in, but I don't think there is any real tension to counting down the list of games. I think most people either already know the full list from the Patapon vote or don't even think about it being an ordered list at all (especially since it takes so long to follow the list from start to finish), so there's not really any sense of build up worth preserving from what I can tell.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

YelseyKing wrote: 6 years ago ...but can't fans of *anything* hyped up say that same exact thing? That it's "well-deserved"?
yep it's called "liking something" and i don't see why it's so controversial
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
YelseyKing

Post by YelseyKing »

I'm not a "patapon", but my two cents on this subject is essentially... people voted those games up for a reason. While I get the whole "building excitement and anticipation", but if you keep delaying the games people *want* to see for months at a time, they may well lose interest, as was seen with Aquaria. Strike while the iron is hot, I'd say.

Leet wrote: 6 years ago
YelseyKing wrote: 6 years ago ...but can't fans of *anything* hyped up say that same exact thing? That it's "well-deserved"?
yep it's called "liking something" and i don't see why it's so controversial
It's not "controversial" to like something. I am *not* bashing this or any game.

What I *am* saying, however, is that "it totally lives up to the hype", or any variation of that phrase, is essentially meaningless. To you, of course it does. You're already a fan. But that "reassurance" alone is not going to sway someone who's sick of the hype, because fans of that thing *would* say just that, no matter what its actual quality may be.

Moists:

Leet

Post by Leet »

I disagree that there is any such thing as "actual quality". The various different opinions are all there is. (That said, I do wish our culture chose to promote other values rather than a nebulous "goodness". Saying "Celeste is really good" isn't helpful; saying "Celeste contains these things which you might like" is.)

And by 'controversial' I was referring to not you exactly, but other people in general who complain about things because people like them too much, because that's silly and dumb.
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
YelseyKing

Post by YelseyKing »

Leet wrote: 6 years ago (That said, I do wish our culture chose to promote other values rather than a nebulous "goodness". Saying "Celeste is really good" isn't helpful; saying "Celeste contains these things which you might like" is.)
Now *that* is something I can fully agree with. :P

Moists:

AlchemistHohenheim

Post by AlchemistHohenheim »

Oh hey the C-side list has been posted. Guess ZX + Advent is on the docket after all. ...Plus Mighty No. 9, for some reason.

If you're seriously going to include that, you might as well take a look at these as well:

Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Wait, Mighty No.9? That game is genuinely awful! And it doesn't have the luxury of being 'old' and 'retro' to have its failings forgiven.

It's not even a Megaman game. Even if it was made by it's creator, it just shows the only thing going for him was his name.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

I'll allow Mighty No. 9 simply as long as it establishes precedent that YES, the WiiU and capture card are go and available for other games, i.e. Wii titles like New Super Mario Bros. Wii.
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

...it's out on steam?
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

yeah I have it on steam

also, it totally counts. Back before the game was released, everyone was hailing it as the spiritual continuation of megaman. just because the game sucks that part of history still exists. There's an alternate universe somewhere where people would look at it on the list and go 'well yeah of course'
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

raocow wrote: 6 years ago also, it totally counts. Back before the game was released, everyone was hailing it as the spiritual continuation of megaman. just because the game sucks that part of history still exists. There's an alternate universe somewhere where people would look at it on the list and go 'well yeah of course'
So why aren't Gunvolt games on there yet
raocow
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily

Post by raocow »

because I know nothing about them. are they organised the same way as a megaman? do they involve a past capcom staff member? (even if inafune's presence in the old megaman is accidental more than anything, he still symbolised a tacit passing of the torch)
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

What is the level of donation necessary to get the two RosenKreuzStilette games on there
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Leet

Post by Leet »

raocow wrote: 6 years ago because I know nothing about them. are they organised the same way as a megaman? do they involve a past capcom staff member? (even if inafune's presence in the old megaman is accidental more than anything, he still symbolised a tacit passing of the torch)
I'm not super-familiar but I believe they are similar to Mega Man Zero. They're developed by the developers of Zero and ZX, and Inafune is involved. They were also received much better than MN9.

I think it would be cool for you to play them, but I don't think they should be part of the All The MegaMen series, as there are a ton of "megaman-adjacent" games, and I don't really see the need to include every single one in this one numbering scheme? MN9 seems like an exception (due to its historical view as you said), and not the rule. But TLDR yes, the Gunvolt series is similar to Mega Man and shares developers.
strongbadman

Post by strongbadman »

Oh, did someone find a way to get Doomsday working?
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

strongbadman wrote:Oh, did someone find a way to get Doomsday working?
You didn't watch his birthday video
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
raocow

Post by raocow »

I'm not gonna blame someone for skipping out on a 45 minute long two-parter, haha
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

To elaborate on what Leet said, Azure Striker Gunvolt is by Inti Creates, which also co-created Mighty No. 9 with Inafune's Comcept. It looks like Inafune was in a producer role for Gunvolt as well as those Megaman titles Inti Creates developed.

Mighty Gunvolt is closer to retro Megaman games and features characters from some Inti Creates games: Azure Striker Gunvolt, Mighty No. 9, and kawaii desu ne Gal*Gun.

Both of these have a sequel each, but the sequels are not out on Windows platform at this time.

Edit: I should add that I don't think they necessarily need to be in the giant list per se but I think they're worth playing. I was speaking mainly in terms of consistency.
Kilgamayan wrote: 6 years ago What is the level of donation necessary to get the two RosenKreuzStilette games on there
I've been playing them lately (they came out on Steam with official English translations last year, and apparently there's another compilation of the two games planned), and I think they're very fun action to play and have amusing things to see with immersive story too. They're pretty hard but I think someone that's been playing Megaman constantly for half a year now would handle them all right.

I don't recommend him LPing

Grolla/Pamela

modes, though.
Grolla, at least, is not newcomer LP-friendly. The biggest problem is that boss of the first of the Zeppelin four-stage marathon is very difficult for her. And then, as far as I can tell, she can't get the e-tank at the last of those four stages. So if you run out in that stage, you have to either miraculously defeat the boss of that stage without any e-tanks or give up and try the marathon again, which means dealing with that first boss again.
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer

Post by Kilgamayan »

I really do hope Schwesternschaft does see the light of day some day. I have actually heard some of the English VA works for it and I'd hate to see all that work be for naught (as much as the joke "outtakes" I got to hear were worth the price of admission alone).

I wouldn't be too worried about the difficulty level given raocow already went through MegaMari, the RKS games aren't as unforgiving as MegaMari is.
ano0maly wrote: 6 years ago I don't recommend him LPing

Grolla/Pamela

modes, though.
first of all how dare you

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

Kilgamayan wrote: 6 years ago What is the level of donation necessary to get the two RosenKreuzStilette games on there
pledge $1 to patreon and vote for it in the next poll (raocow's taking suggestions right now)
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer

Post by Kilgamayan »

Is the poll for suggestions for the B-side or the All the MegaMen C-side? I was asking about the latter in particular. (Looking back on it, I realize that wasn't too clear from my original post, for which I apologize.)

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

Both A-Side & B-Side.
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer

Post by Kilgamayan »

Ah, okay. In that case, my original question still stands in regards to the C-Side list. Hell, I'll Steam gift 'em myself.

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image