(shouting)

COMING UP NEXT now w/ BUCKET.TXT

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
gbreeze

Re: COMING UP NEXT

Post by gbreeze »

I wouldn't call any of the levels highly creative, even on the high end. They are just pretty decent in my opinion, but definitely not anything to get wowed at. Especially when compared to the creativity that we are starting to see with asm and "chocolate" resources, like the levels in the cldc.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

raocow wrote: 6 years ago A-Side:*BOOSTING IN- cldc 2018, *BOOSTING IN- Vip4 redo, Betterified II, Wario Land 3, Mario and Luigi's Delightful Adventure, Mario 64 Last Impact, Fishing Season 2, 8 Powers (full version), Chocolate Island 6, Super Mario Bros 3Mix, stick mice in my head and then beat my head in witha hammer and let them back out, Donkey Kong Country, P-Switch: The Legendary P-Switch, Virtual Boy Wario Land, Bros, Donkey Kong Country 2, butt.smc, Super Mario 63, Donkey Kong Country 3, Super "Mario" World 2, Mario 64 hack to be determined, Donkey Kong Land, one of 30-something the Super SIG Worlds, New Super Marisa Land, Donkey Kong Land 2, Vip6? , Yoshi's Archipelago, Donkey Kong Land 3, ascetic mario 3, ??, DK64

** note: any of these games may be pushed aside in the case of the release of a major project, including but not limited to: jumphalf, maglx3, vip6, production2**

B-side: B-side: Hollow Knight (DELAYED UNTIL DLC), Celeste, JIGGLY ZONE, Rosenkeuzstilette (&Freudenstachel), Necrosphere, Rayman Origins, La-Mulana, Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, Distorted Travesty 3: Epilogue, Henry Hatsworth in the Puzzling Adventure, 1000 Amps, Iconoclasts, A Rose in the Twilight, Crash Bandicoot Classic Triolgy, Kirby 64, A Hat in Time, Copy Kitty FINAL

note -- some games may get delayed for technology reasons

gonna try to keep this updated as things progress, clear up, and games get played.
I can't believe I haven't done something like this until now, in 2017

C-side: should make the list public, honestly

2001 MegaMan Xtreme 2
2001 MegaMan X6
2002 MegaMan Zero
2003 Rockman.exe WS
2003 Network Transmission
2003 MegaMan Zero 2
2003 MegaMan X7
2004 MegaMan Zero 3
2004 MegaMan X8
2005 MegaMan Zero 4
2006 Powered-Up
2006 ZX
2007 ZX Advent
2008 MegaMan 9
2010 MegaMan 10
2016 Mighty Number 9
2018 (tentative) Megaman 11
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

what is the meaning of this
strongbadman

Post by strongbadman »

Vip6?
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

I meant to edit and I quoted instead
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

You're not very good at the forum thing, are you?

I think I've heard you've accidently banned people while using your higher powers once.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

I can't help but notice that the once giant C-side list is now considerably smaller, shorter than how humongous the A-side list got.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

ready to start planning for the next c-side series, obviously
i vote all the kirbies
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Slit08

Post by Slit08 »

Question regarding the LP of Hollow Knight: When you say DLC you mean the free Gods and Glory DLC that will be released very soon right? Because there will be another DLC in the future (which is not free) but that one may just take over a year to develop.

If that's the case maybe Hollow Knight will still be the next LP? I mean Celeste will probably take some time to complete - it's going to become very hard very soon - and I am not sure when Gods and Glory will be released... it could be very soon, in a matter of weeks.

However Celeste is a long game, a big project and so is Hollow Knight which will be around 100 parts (okay, maybe that's a bit much but it could very well be). How long is JIGGLY ZONE (what a weird name)?

The DLC for Hollow Knight is late game content and given the length of the game the DLC will be released by the time you're in the late or end game of Hollow Knight so maybe it'll come right after Celeste? Sorry for asking, I am a HUUUUGE fan of Hollow Knight. :)
[ img ]http://www.loadthegame.com/wp-content/u ... 4jun14.jpg[/ img ]

Night comes and with it terrible horrors.

The hunt begins!
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Slit08 wrote: 5 years ago Question regarding the LP of Hollow Knight: When you say DLC you mean the free Gods and Glory DLC that will be released very soon right? Because there will be another DLC in the future (which is not free) but that one may just take over a year to develop.
Given the pattern with Copy Kitty, Cuphead, Mibibli and the like, that sounds like a good "returning B-side" candidate.
Sebby19 wrote: 5 years ago You're not very good at the forum thing, are you?
raocow is the best at forums, much like he is the best at video games :D
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

Slit08 wrote: 5 years ago However Celeste is a long game, a big project and so is Hollow Knight which will be around 100 parts (okay, maybe that's a bit much but it could very well be). How long is JIGGLY ZONE (what a weird name)?
I suspect JIGGLY ZONE to not take more than maybe 5 episodes (I played it shortly after finding out about it), and I don't expect Celeste to go longer than Rabi-Ribi, at least.
Slit08

Post by Slit08 »

Chirei wrote: 5 years ago
Slit08 wrote: 5 years ago However Celeste is a long game, a big project and so is Hollow Knight which will be around 100 parts (okay, maybe that's a bit much but it could very well be). How long is JIGGLY ZONE (what a weird name)?
I suspect JIGGLY ZONE to not take more than maybe 5 episodes (I played it shortly after finding out about it), and I don't expect Celeste to go longer than Rabi-Ribi, at least.
Thanks for the answer. I hope the DLC will be out once raocow finishes with JIGLLY ZONE since playing both Rosenkreuzstilette games in succession is quite large so I'd prefer to see Hollow Knight before that. Man, Team Cherry needs to hurry up. :P

On another note nobody mentioned Rayman Origins yet. I love this game. It will be great to see raocow play it.

Also wow "Rayman Origins, La-Mulana, Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga" These three games will all be fairly long LPs, especially La Mulana. Oof!

The hunt begins!
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

Slit08 wrote: 5 years ago Thanks for the answer. I hope the DLC will be out once raocow finishes with JIGLLY ZONE since playing both Rosenkreuzstilette games in succession is quite large so I'd prefer to see Hollow Knight before that. Man, Team Cherry needs to hurry up. :P
If it makes you feel any better, I personally don't see the value in playing the extra modes for both RKS/F for the sake of an LP (save for one level each), though going by the MegaMens format it'll still be in the neighborhood of a month for both games, barring complications.
Slit08

Post by Slit08 »

Slit08 wrote: 5 years ago Thanks for the answer. I hope the DLC will be out once raocow finishes with JIGLLY ZONE since playing both Rosenkreuzstilette games in succession is quite large so I'd prefer to see Hollow Knight before that. Man, Team Cherry needs to hurry up. :P
If it makes you feel any better, I personally don't see the value in playing the extra modes for both RKS/F for the sake of an LP (save for one level each), though going by the MegaMens format it'll still be in the neighborhood of a month for both games, barring complications.
Oh, I don't mind a lengthy LP myself, especially if it's a good game such as Rosenkreuzstilette (though seeing the exact same levels two times just with another character is a bit repetitive - your suggestion with one video with the new character works best in that situation)... it's just that Hollow Knight is so great and I'm looking forward to that game so much that I'm really impatient (and it's been voted 1st by the Patreons for a reason ;) ).

The hunt begins!
Super Maks 64
Just your usual SMW hacker
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Super Maks 64 »

Slit08 wrote: 5 years ago (and it's been voted 1st by the Patreons for a reason ;) ).
Rabi Ribi won 1st place
Slit08

Post by Slit08 »

Super Maks 64 wrote:
Slit08 wrote: 5 years ago (and it's been voted 1st by the Patreons for a reason ;) ).
Rabi Ribi won 1st place
Oh it's been of the same voting cycle? Didn't know that. So Hollow Knight placed 2nd and Celeste 3rd?

The hunt begins!
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

Slit08 wrote: 5 years ago Oh, I don't mind a lengthy LP myself, especially if it's a good game such as Rosenkreuzstilette (though seeing the exact same levels two times just with another character is a bit repetitive - your suggestion with one video with the new character works best in that situation)... it's just that Hollow Knight is so great and I'm looking forward to that game so much that I'm really impatient (and it's been voted 1st by the Patreons for a reason ;) ).
Yeah, and what makes it worse is that they never get new abilities or anything, and they have unnecessary frustrations added onto their modes, so I think just seeing the extra bosses would suffice.

I admit that I've never been into the whole dark-souls kind of vibe games, but I have heard a lot of good things about Hollow Knight. I originally wasn't going to stick around for it, but I might give it a look once its turn comes.

And yes, HN was 2nd, Celeste was 3rd.
Slit08

Post by Slit08 »

Slit08 wrote: 5 years ago Oh, I don't mind a lengthy LP myself, especially if it's a good game such as Rosenkreuzstilette (though seeing the exact same levels two times just with another character is a bit repetitive - your suggestion with one video with the new character works best in that situation)... it's just that Hollow Knight is so great and I'm looking forward to that game so much that I'm really impatient (and it's been voted 1st by the Patreons for a reason ;) ).
Yeah, and what makes it worse is that they never get new abilities or anything, and they have unnecessary frustrations added onto their modes, so I think just seeing the extra bosses would suffice.

I admit that I've never been into the whole dark-souls kind of vibe games, but I have heard a lot of good things about Hollow Knight. I originally wasn't going to stick around for it, but I might give it a look once its turn comes.

And yes, HN was 2nd, Celeste was 3rd.
Yeah, Hollow Knight has a Dark Souls vibe, yet also creates its own wonderful atmosphere. And it is atmosphere that really makes this game one of the best games of modern times. Before Hollow Knight Smphony of the Night was my personal favorite Metroidvania but Hollow Knight accomplished what I never thought any game could do: It dethroned Symphony of the Night and is my new number 1 of its genre. Obviously it's my personal oppinion but this game truely is one of the best I've played in my entire life and it's not often that I feel this way nowadays: Dark Souls accomplished this same feeling of joy and fun in me before.

The hunt begins!
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

RKS/F won't require any collection episodes so it'll be 34 episodes tops

Rabi-Ribi was 57 episodes and it sounds like both Celeste and Hollow Knight will be substential treks as well, so RKS/F will be pretty short by comparison
Chirei wrote: 5 years ago Yeah, and what makes it worse is that they never get new abilities or anything, and they have unnecessary frustrations added onto their modes, so I think just seeing the extra bosses would suffice.
How dare you speak ill of

the great and wonderful darling Pamela Arwig

like this I will stab you in the elbows with a pen
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

I played Hollow Knight for six hours now and am really confused why people compare it to Dark Souls so much, and I say that as someone who quite likes Dark Souls. HK is very, very much a platformer first, Metroidvania second* and combat game third, the only things linking it to Dark Souls are "lose money when you die, can get it back if you don't die on the way" and "respawn at 'Bonfire'". Interconnected map, I guess, but it's 2D and Dark Souls doesn't have a map. And every Metroidvania has an interconnected map.

It's also quite wonderful and I'm enjoying myself a lot, but in very different ways than Dark Souls. It also compares badly in another key aspect: it took me quite a while to die the first time (it's happening plenty now so that's not much of a brag), so it has a rather gentle difficulty curve and I so far don't feel like it truly aims to be uncaring and unforgiving.

*why second? Because I only got two movement abilities and one key item so far and the game is milking the former for all it's got instead of giving me "slide for low passages, then ability to push blocks, then double jump..." within the first three hours of progression.
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

Kilgamayan wrote: 5 years ago How dare you speak ill of

the great and wonderful darling Pamela Arwig

like this I will stab you in the elbows with a pen
I wish she didn't randomly take double damage just for being a playable. A pen stab really would kill her.
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

She's so much better than everyone else* that she obviously needs to give her enemies a handicap just to make things interesting.

*Zorne excepted
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

the hollow knight delay is for gods and glory yeah, unfortunately we don't have an exact date for it but the celeste LP probably isn't even halfway done yet so there's a bit of time
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Slit08

Post by Slit08 »

Paragraph wrote: I played Hollow Knight for six hours now and am really confused why people compare it to Dark Souls so much, and I say that as someone who quite likes Dark Souls. HK is very, very much a platformer first, Metroidvania second* and combat game third, the only things linking it to Dark Souls are "lose money when you die, can get it back if you don't die on the way" and "respawn at 'Bonfire'". Interconnected map, I guess, but it's 2D and Dark Souls doesn't have a map. And every Metroidvania has an interconnected map.
It's not the gameplay that is reminiscent of Dark Souls, it's the atmosphere and the story of the game: a mostly dead kingdom that has seen its glory and is now fading, death coming through a disease much like the Dark Sign in Dark Souls and other stuff that I am not going to reveal here. But in terms of background story and atmosphere it is very much Souls like. Not so much in terms of difficulty though it gets really hard later on.

The hunt begins!
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

Also, I'd say that dark souls itself has the metroidvania philosophy at its core in the first place, even though it doesn't have "new powers" per se. It has the same kind of exploration that I like to see out of metroidvanias that I think are good (well, I'm basing this more on bloodborne than ds because that's what i have more experience with)
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.