(shouting)

COMING UP NEXT now w/ BUCKET.TXT

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
This Eye o' Mine
Pronouns: Nah, I'm good

Re: COMING UP NEXT

Post by This Eye o' Mine »

Sebby19 wrote: 5 years ago
This Eye o' Mine wrote:ping
We should introduce you to lady called Horikawa Otane. She has translated a couple hacks for raocow in the past (she IS a professional translator, afterall), and we all like her. She has taken a step away from the forums/internet for a while, is probably watching from afar. But a PM wouldn't hurt? She'll definitely know how to put the translations into the SMW hacks (if you don't already know), even if she doesn't want to collab at this moment in time.
I've been watching raocow for five years, so I know all about her. I wouldn't mind meeting her (internet-wise), but I've understood that some stuff happened, so I'd kind of prefer not... risking giving the wrong impression by contacting her directly? I wasn't browsing the talkhaus whenever it happened so I feel like I don't really have enough information to confidently make a call on this myself. No matter how I try phrasing that, it doesn't come out right.
SAJewers wrote: 5 years ago Someone had an archive link somewhere, but i don't have it on hand. Found it on the patreon discord
I can't seem to get that patch to work. I've tried it on headered rom, unheadered, Japanese, USA, Snes9x, zsnes, and it's always just a black screen. Anything obvious I'm missing?
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

try pinging SuperMaks64, they might be able to help.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

did you try both the bps and the isp ? both use different programs to patch (flips for the former, lips for the latter)
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
This Eye o' Mine

Thanks! I was only trying the IPS, turns out the BPS works perfectly.
I guess the IPS is busted or something?

So I guess I'll be hearing what you want me to do? I don't want to step on somebody else's projects or anything; if anything I think it'd be nice if there was some kind of collaboration going that I could join in on. But this is probably not the thread for that at this point.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Was Vip4 translation completed yet? If not that would be welcome.
Ryrir
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Ryrir »

ano0maly wrote: 5 years ago Was Vip4 translation completed yet? If not that would be welcome.
SuperMaks & me are currently working on inserting lion‘s vip4 translation into the hack „Horikawa-style“.
(As well as making the hack playable on accurate emulators, if everything goes smoothly.)
this is getting laundromatic
raocow
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily

Post by raocow »

I mean nobody is working on 8 Powers so just having a .txt translation would be fine. Just get a list in level order of the name and any text within.
This Eye o' Mine

Had a talk with Ryrir, and it looks like it won't be that difficult to make it a full on translated hack, if that's what you'd prefer.
raocow

Post by raocow »

I mean, I'm okay with a text translation but a full on adaptation is always fun. If it's not too much work naturally I'd love that
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

This Eye o' Mine wrote: 5 years agoThanks! I was only trying the IPS, turns out the BPS works perfectly.
Were you simply patching the game with the ips? Because to my knowledge a lot of romhacks will fail unless you use Lunar Expand which I'm assuming isn't necessary with a bps patcher. This isn't something really mentioned basically anywhere to my knowledge but finding out about that fixed a lot of the issues I was having getting ips patches to work.
The Doctor

Post by The Doctor »

This Eye o' Mine

Alice wrote: 5 years ago
This Eye o' Mine wrote: 5 years agoThanks! I was only trying the IPS, turns out the BPS works perfectly.
Were you simply patching the game with the ips? Because to my knowledge a lot of romhacks will fail unless you use Lunar Expand which I'm assuming isn't necessary with a bps patcher. This isn't something really mentioned basically anywhere to my knowledge but finding out about that fixed a lot of the issues I was having getting ips patches to work.
Just figured out yesterday (or was it two days ago, what is time even) that the problem was that the original ROM was a .sfc, and apparently the IPS expects a .smc, even though besides the header convention there's literally no difference between the two formats. You know, if you still cared at all. Let this be a cautionary tale I guess.

Also oh man Cuphead DLC
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

They also showed more stuff about the new Ori game (which I think was announced last year?).I'm assuming this is an auto-play, or will it need to be part of the next patapon poll?

Plus this cute thing that totally looks raocow's Jive, on the topic of E3.

ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
raocow

Post by raocow »

anything that is dlc for a game I've already played, if I have had any level of fun to it you can expect them to be auto-plays
LatexHydra

Post by LatexHydra »

VIP 4 redos gonna be nostalgic for me. That was the first video I watched from the rao, discovered it in 2011
Giik

Post by Giik »

So this is mostly because I'm overhyped for Celeste but is raocow gonna start uploading that tomorrow, or is there more Rabi-Robi to go through? I wanna snag the threadmake cause i love that game
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Just make it in advance so that we can start the hypetalk
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

please make the thread so i can overhype about it too
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
Super Maks 64
Just your usual SMW hacker
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Super Maks 64 »

Ivy wrote: 5 years ago https://www.smwcentral.net/?p=section&a ... s&id=17706

shoving this in the A-side maybe?
No, it's just 90 levels (113 exits) of mostly the most basic and boring vanilla.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

Boring Level Design Contest
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Sugar
Pronouns: fae/faer

Post by Sugar »

Perhaps top 10, but I sorta feel like the entire thing would be too boring.
raocow

Post by raocow »

yeah I don't know about a contest where being *too creative* could get you dq'd.
TRS

Post by TRS »

Nobody got DQ'd for being too creative. That wasn't a thing. One level got DQ'd for unintended behavior (interactive layer 2 that doesn't scroll with the level) but that's it. The levels actually get really creative, especially towards the high end.

That said I still don't really recommend it unless you like long LPs. Worst world and best world is 16 levels altogether and could make a neat short run, but the whole contest is too much.
FPzero
Resident SMW Central Admin

Post by FPzero »

I judged it and overall thought the contest and entries went pretty well, but speaking from an LP standpoint yeah it might not be the most interesting to play for an audience.