(shouting)

Mega Man - We're Here Forever!

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Slimeman01
Minecraft Lore Creationist
First name: Matt
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Mega Man 7 - Mega Man & Bass

Post by Slimeman01 »

My name is Megaman and I'm here to say that my name is Megaman and I'm here to say that
My name is Megaman and I'm here to say that my name is Megaman and I'm here to say that
My name is Megaman and I'm here to say that my name is Megaman.
:iris: :demo:
raocow wrote:To answer your question Slimeman yes that is super fine
raocow wrote:alright guys what are the weirdest levels of world 4 ?! Make sure to pay attention to tomorrow's video as this may alter your answer!!
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

You can also drop Danger Wrap without the bubble by holding down while using it. I think that's what works on the ground Spine enemies.
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

Burst Man gave me trouble at first because I was shooting the trap bubbles instead of dodging them, so I kept getting caught, floating up to the ceiling, and dying.

Then when I shifted focus to actually dodging (and firing charge shots), he went down pretty easily. Amazingly enough, bosses are easier when you try to dodge their attacks, who would have ever guessed?
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

I like MM7 quite a lot and I'm happy that you share that enthusiasm, raocow. It's simply a Good Game with many neat touches and nice visuals and it plays well, it has a decent challenge to it but isn't unreasonable, and the weapons are great. Obviously it's not as mindblowingly fantastic/shiny and new as MMX, but it doesn't really have to be. It's imho the perfect showcase for why Classic games do have a "right" to exist next to the other series', and it's a little weird to me that it still kind of failed to fulfil that role back when it was "necessary".

I freely admit that for once, I might be a little nostalgic for the game, though. I have to this date never seen an NES in real life, but I did see MM7 as my first Mega Man being played by a friend and it was insane to 10-ish year old me. He was playing Freeze Man's stage and the polar bear sprite already wowed me, like he moves and roars and icicles fall and he makes ice cubes from his breath??? And the boss itself, I couldn't comprehend how you'd ever be skilled enough to beat such a maniac. My friend did do it, but it seemed like something I could never hope to achieve, you'd have to jump and shoot and dodge all that stuff on the screen and how would you even react fast enough? At that point, one should add, I either didn't own a video game console myself yet, and/or had only been exposed to slow and deliberate platformers like Yoshi's Island, or something exploratory like LttP, and I was very...impressionable to anything less low-key. Like that buddy also had Lufia II and the intro fight against the giant enemy sprites? Crazy shit.

Anyway, that was my impression of MM7: super hard, super fast, super cool and then you go that splash screen of Mega Man with new colors and my friend told me that you could now use the boss's OWN WEAPON? Like holy darn how cool is that? He had a password for more stuff unlocked and I just fucked around with the weapon on some stage's first screen, maybe that did set the stage for my obsession with them far later, haha.

To close that story: me and the friend kinda drifted apart after a few months as can easily happen at that age, and I actually never played any more of MM7, and indeed, ANY other Mega Man game until I discovered the videogame-related internet at least 10 years later. I sampled all the NES games because everyone was making constant "Mega Man" references and I never understood them, but they had to be good, and they were, and it took me until I did finally play MM7 myself to realize that it was this game that way back then had left such a lasting impression. And that is my relationship with MM7, thanks for reading!
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

Code: Select all

Z D I
O A
N N L
E G O
. E V
. R E
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

Hey raoguy don't forget to activate the special music in the special music stage
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

Wow, I don't think I ever sat around in this stage long enough to know the music did stuff past the Guts Man part. I thought it was just a Guts Man remix.
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

...did I hear right, and you just claimed to have a telepathetic link to your computer?
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

look I'm not proud of this power
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
MonkeyShrapnel
Poke a Man
First name: Brian

Post by MonkeyShrapnel »

It's probably not on purpose but I can't see that purple robot as anything other than a robot version of Waluigi
Uh...Do I just sign here? What do you mean it should be obvious? There are people in this world...well...a whole lot of people that can't follow basic instructions!

My silly "Collab" Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Theguyswho ... s/featured
(That means I'm the only person using it nowadays.)
YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3

Post by YelseyKing »

The Robot Museum theme samples Gutsman, Heatman, and Snakeman's themes. It's a really long and elaborate song for a stage you spend about 30 seconds in before reaching the boss.

I actually had trouble with that silly clown robot the first time I played MM7. Oh, I laugh.
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

It's not that easy. If you use charge shots, it's even worse since Mash's head flies off way faster and at angles that make it tougher to dodge both it and the body. Thunder Bolt is its weakness if I remember right.
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

Bean wrote: 6 years ago It's not that easy. If you use charge shots, it's even worse since Mash's head flies off way faster and at angles that make it tougher to dodge both it and the body. Thunder Bolt is its weakness if I remember right.
It is, until the head is on the floor. Then it's Danger Wrap.
Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.

Post by Voltgloss »

I know for sure I beat this game in the past, but man I have zero recollection of this clown boss fight.
Truckeeben

Post by Truckeeben »

Sisi Truck is SO WEIRD. I have no idea why he exists but he's the best. Shoutouts to Sisi Truck.
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

Does sliding towards Turbo Man work for dodging the Scorch Wheel, or does it track you? I did buster duel him after beating the game, but I don't remember how I handled that particular attack.

*checks Roahm's video*

Okay, Scorch Wheel *does* track you, but you can also slide under it if you're at the wall and wait until it actually locks in on you. Then you just back away to avoid the follow-up flames.

Or, of course, you can use his weakness and he'll just counter with car form, so you jump over it and hit him again for an easy loop.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Slide under Scorch Wheel when you're near the wall. If you're close, that attack is very tough to get over. You still did at the very end which was kind of amazing to be honest! You actually did miss something in that level, but it can be put off until the eventual backtracking anyway.
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer

Post by Kilgamayan »

I don't know what everyone's talking about TurboMan is super e-z

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Kilgamayan wrote: 6 years ago

I don't know what everyone's talking about TurboMan is super e-z
"lol bye u fuckin bitch"
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

504.jpg
504.jpg (52.12 KiB) Viewed 4606 times
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3

Post by YelseyKing »

I like how the one stage that has an alternate hidden music track is the one stage that you pretty much *have* to do at least twice if you want 100% completion. Probably wasn't *intentional*, but I do like how it worked out.
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

Well, mark that down on the list of "bosses whose grab attacks you can mash out of that give no visible feedback for", because I never knew you could mash out of it, and consequentially beat him without ever doing so.

This happened to me recently with Draygon in Super Metroid too, but in that case, I looked up that you could while I was fighting it.
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Another way to avoid that dive attack is to stay almost underneath Shade Man in the center of the room and slide away as that dive arc won't be as wild. The further you are away from him, the harder it is to avoid getting caught. It does heal him, but it takes a moment to start up.

Noise Crush is pretty cool. There's the way where it bounces off the wall, but if you're quick, you can slide into a shot you just fired for an instant charge shot. This is a viable technique on one boss. It also causes a funny glitch that can OHKO two specific bosses if you do it right, but it's tough to time.
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer

Post by Kilgamayan »

I'll probably repeat this later when it's more immediately relevant, but don't forget to try Noise Crush against Shade Man in the refights.

(Also don't forget to try Thunder Bolt against Spring Man in the next video!)

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
xnamkcor

Post by xnamkcor »

Did raocow just mention Sh*dman? High five!
You cannot add yourself to the friends list.
You cannot add yourself to the foes list.