(shouting)

Mega Man - We're Here Forever!

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Dustinvgmaster
Great Time Champion
First name: Dustin
Pronouns: obj_dustin.id

Re: Mega Man 5 - Light vs. Dark

Post by Dustinvgmaster »

So wait, you mean to tell me that the villain was actually Wily once again?!?! Next, you're gonna tell me that Doppler was helping Sigma all along!
Truhan
Lord of the Waifus
Pronouns: Waifulord

Post by Truhan »

Am I literally the only person alive that knows so little about the Megamans that I didn't see the twist of Breakman actually being Darkman all along coming? I thought it was gonna be something like Dr. Willy was holding his sister hostage.
Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.
BurntTenda
defeat four ducks
Pronouns: she/they

Post by BurntTenda »

Truhan wrote: 6 years ago Am I literally the only person alive that knows so little about the Megamans that I didn't see the twist of Breakman actually being Darkman all along coming?
I also didn't see it coming for some reason
Even after seeing the Darkman that could copy Mega Man
Something goes here sometime.
Oh yeah, I have a Youtube channel
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

Don't forget to use your Mega Tank and then leave and return to the starting screen at the beginnings of the next video.
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Truhan wrote: 6 years ago Am I literally the only person alive that knows so little about the Megamans that I didn't see the twist of Breakman actually being Darkman all along coming? I thought it was gonna be something like Dr. Willy was holding his sister hostage.
It's one of those things when you play the games back to back to back where the big twist gets more laughable every time it happens.

Now the Proto Man being Dark Man thing is definitely a bit different, but Proto's never really been shown to be evil in the games. Even in MM3, it was more like testing Mega Man than anything. In MM4, Wily is stunned that he was betrayed when Proto Man rescued Dr. Cossack's daughter. MM5 is just Proto being framed by Wily as revenge while the doc is trying to get the money to fund his world domination efforts.
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

I kind of want to see a Mega Man game where they have a "fake villain" and the twist turns out to be that Dr. Wily wasn't actually involved in the scheme in any way, but he figured you'd be distracted by what they were doing and built a fortress anyways.

(and stole the plans for the Robot Masters so he could make you refight them because of course he did)
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!
Mandew
d'yo
First name: Marc
Pronouns: a person
https://fishingseasontraversal.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mandew »

Dragon Fogel wrote: 6 years ago I kind of want to see a Mega Man game where they have a "fake villain" and the twist turns out to be that Dr. Wily wasn't actually involved in the scheme in any way, but he figured you'd be distracted by what they were doing and built a fortress anyways.

(and stole the plans for the Robot Masters so he could make you refight them because of course he did)
Megaman be like "Welp, that was an adventure. Let's go beat up Dr.Wily now!"

and then Dr.Wily is like "What I did do this time?!"
video games
Truhan
Lord of the Waifus

Post by Truhan »

Bean wrote: 6 years ago
Truhan wrote: 6 years ago Am I literally the only person alive that knows so little about the Megamans that I didn't see the twist of Breakman actually being Darkman all along coming? I thought it was gonna be something like Dr. Willy was holding his sister hostage.
It's one of those things when you play the games back to back to back where the big twist gets more laughable every time it happens.

Now the Proto Man being Dark Man thing is definitely a bit different, but Proto's never really been shown to be evil in the games. Even in MM3, it was more like testing Mega Man than anything. In MM4, Wily is stunned that he was betrayed when Proto Man rescued Dr. Cossack's daughter. MM5 is just Proto being framed by Wily as revenge while the doc is trying to get the money to fund his world domination efforts.
That actually has a lot more thought and consistency than I expected.
Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer

Post by Kilgamayan »

Dragon Fogel wrote: 6 years ago I kind of want to see a Mega Man game where they have a "fake villain" and the twist turns out to be that Dr. Wily wasn't actually involved in the scheme in any way, but he figured you'd be distracted by what they were doing and built a fortress anyways.

This is more or less Wily's involvement in MMV, actually.

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Compared to all the other fortress bosses in the game, I'd say Circring Q9 is the hardest by far. I also have no clue what the Q9 stands for.
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

I kind of wonder if they made that water section before they decided not to include Rush Marine. It feels weird that this is the only place with water in the whole game.
Mineyl

Post by Mineyl »

The metool babies always get me there, too. The sheer repetition with all the snorkeling metools in the underwater portion create the perfect storm to forget that the normal metools in MM5 are one of the only variants in the entire series that aren't permanently dealt with after a single shot.

Also, just wanna' say that this is my most favorite Wily fortress song in the series and I think it's pretty underrated. That might not be saying much, though, since nearly all of the fortress themes in the series are excellent.
raocow wrote:I don't know what it means, but you're screaming at me and I'm used to that.
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

Oh yeah, it was also kind of funny that right in the middle of raocow rambling about people personifying inanimate objects, he says "hello there head" when a 1-Up drops.
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer

Post by Kilgamayan »

Bean wrote: 6 years ago I also have no clue what the Q9 stands for.
It probably doesn't actually have any significance beyond being pronounced "kyukyu" in Japanese.

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

I see. That's interesting.

And yeah, they just transport you back to the old boss rooms in this one. Don't think they do that in any other classic series game.
MonkeyShrapnel
Poke a Man
First name: Brian
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by MonkeyShrapnel »

It seems like the focused more on the weaknesses in this game being effective against their attack pattern rather than an elemental weakness.

Star Crash let's you fall next to Gravity Man or shoot it as he flips.

Charge Kick let's you go straight through Wave Man's waves and hit him, I remember it also letting you go through his spear shot.

Napalm Bomb can either be shot under Stone Man to hit him as he lands, or onto him as he gets back up.

Gravity Hold can always hits Gyro Man even while he's in the clouds.

Water Wave goes through Star Man's shield, and renders him fairly harmless since he'll rarely get a chance to shoot you in the air.

Gyro Attack can be easily guided up to or below to Crystal Man, since he loves jumping around and stopping in mid-air.

Crystal Eye can easily hit Napalm man even if he jumps over it because it'll split upon hitting the side and bounce back at him.

And finally, Power Stone despite its limited usage has an easier time hitting Charge Man over other enemies,
since he walks around pretty fast and is likely to get hit by it.

...ahem, sorry about the big post, just felt like it was interesting.
Uh...Do I just sign here? What do you mean it should be obvious? There are people in this world...well...a whole lot of people that can't follow basic instructions!

My silly "Collab" Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Theguyswho ... s/featured
(That means I'm the only person using it nowadays.)
Slimeman01
Minecraft Lore Creationist
First name: Matt

Post by Slimeman01 »

In today's episode, Dr. Wily pilots a giant rumba!
:iris: :demo:
raocow wrote:To answer your question Slimeman yes that is super fine
raocow wrote:alright guys what are the weirdest levels of world 4 ?! Make sure to pay attention to tomorrow's video as this may alter your answer!!
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

I found the most effective way to hit Charge Man with Power Stone was to face away from him and use it as he approached. Also, if you pause, the stones despawn and you can use it again. Silly, but that's probably the fastest option.

Even weirder, I think Crystal Eye doesn't work that way and if it splits you can't pause until the shots despawn?
strongbadman

Post by strongbadman »

So now that the naming scheme has been spelled out, what's the logic for finding a name for the boss refight episodes?
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

Most boss refight stages have an additional boss afterwards.

The one exception so far is MM3, where the title is [hidden track]. I guess that represents there being no "real" boss.
Truhan
Lord of the Waifus

Post by Truhan »

raocow, it wasn't the floor that was rising during the willy fight 5, it was the saucer and camera that were falling.
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

So when I was fighting this boss a while back, I realized what causes Beat to seek Wily out when he's invisible. I'm pretty sure it's a glitch.

Essentially, Beat's pattern works like this: Beat locks onto a target - Beat pursues that target and attacks - Beat returns to you - Beat locks onto a target again.

What happens in the Wily Capsule fight is that Beat locks onto Wily, then he vanishes while Beat is still locked onto him, so Beat pursues him while he's invisible, including after he teleports. However, if Wily has already disappeared by the time Beat returns to you, he's not a valid lock-on target so Beat doesn't seek him out until he's actually reappeared.

To take full advantage of this, you need to be close enough that Beat will get back to you quickly after hitting Wily, but not so close that he actually gets a second hit in. It's pretty tricky to do it consistently, but if you can it makes it a lot easier to avoid damage.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

That was an okay game. Just can't get over the weak weapons and how simplistic the Dark Man fortress bosses are, but it still has its good moments. It's just that in almost the same time span, Mario's gone from SMB1 to SMB3 and World while Mega Man's formula has pretty much been set in stone. Definitely can see why the series was really losing its luster at this point. There just wasn't enough change between games for it to make a difference along with staying on the NES well past when it should've moved on.

Anyway, it's funny how you'll be moving on from one of the easiest Mega Mans to one of the hardest tomorrow. Seriously, for two games released a week apart, they couldn't be much more different on the difficulty scale.
Le Neveu de Rameau
I'm a hoobsie roller; I got robots in my life
First name: Rameau's Nephew

Post by Le Neveu de Rameau »

Yeah, I'll freely admit I'm one of those people who tends to forget about Mega Man 5. It was, along with 1, one of the two I never played as a child, though I did once read the back of the box, which I suppose still gives me more contact with it than 1. And yet 1 sticks in to my head to a far greater degree somehow. Not just the Robot Masters (of which I could recall...Star Man, Gyro Man, and that's about it...Wave Man I didn't really even remember after seeing him) which have sort of seeped in to the video game culture, but also the stages themselves. Honestly, I barely remember a thing about this game. And yet...it does show some signs of improvements. The backgrounds (especially the moving one in Charge Man's stage) look better than ever, for instance, and some of that lovely late-NES tricky definitely shows. But we get a bit more of that in 6. As it stands, five sort of stands between the sweet spots of the decidedly complete Mega Man 4 and the late-NES extravaganza of Mega Man 6, and feels sort of unremarkable compared to either of them. Like a Dark Man Fortress Boss. Dark Man, dark horse, horses for courses.
Bluster Kerfuffle
Master of Windy Import

Post by Bluster Kerfuffle »

Yeah as a watcher (never played the mega men past 3) this definitely felt like the most "there" of the nes games so far.