(shouting)

Mega Man - We're Here Forever!

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Chirei

Re: Mega Man 11 - Gearing Up for the Finale

Post by Chirei »

kitikami wrote: 5 years ago Wait, Dr. Wily invented something in college that is so powerful that Dr. Light basically just gives up against it, and he just never used it because he forgot about it?
Damaged pride. That's probably the only explanation.

Wily could have very easily have Light killed at this point, but never has. He only does what he does to prove that his way was the superior method all along, even after death.

Why would anyone like him want to remember something that was attached to such a shameful moment?
Classtoise
First name: June
Pronouns: she/her/it/its

Post by Classtoise »

Hearing raocow gush about this game feels really good. It's legitimately one of the best Classic Mega Man games (and, arguably, one of the best period).

Also a note about Acid Barrier: Power Gear makes it tougher and spit 3 globules of acid when struck. Normal just absorbs shots and gives you the gun.
:bi_pride: :trans_pride:
Shard1697

Post by Shard1697 »

As a followup to that, if you use it while power gear is active it has the power gear effect even after you turn off power gear, which is why you could still do contact damage to that enemy in the tutorial screen.
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

Super Llama wrote: 5 years agoall that stuff about the Double Gear system being dangerous indeed never gets brought up again
I don't think that's a spoiler, it's just a reference to the gameplay mechanics. It's dangerous because as we saw in today's video, bosses have access to it and the game would be harder without you having one. Additionally, if you use it improperly it can overload the robot and weaken them for a bit. That's all it's talking about really. I guess it could tie into the story that having a bunch of overcharged robots running around would be dangerous.
Super Llama wrote: 5 years ago Also, a very important thing to note: There are TWO methods to quick select weapons: Either with the L and R buttons, or via the right stick (just point it in the direction of the bosses' place in the stage select screen and you immediately switch to it.
This second method is one of my favorite QOL improvements and nobody ever talks about it. It's so ingenious, once I discovered it I switched weapons a few times and intuitively though "and I guess since Mega Man is in the middle you click the joystick in to switch back to regular mode" and I was right!
Arctangent
squawky
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Arctangent »

Considering the amount of time Light took to install it, it's probable that he also implemented a safeguard in the form of the gear meter ( or at least, what's represented as the gear meter via game mechanics ) and removing the ability to use both gears at once.

Hence why overusing a single gear just results in the Double Gear system being locked out for a bit, while going full Double Gear actually has a negative effect on Mega Man - the safeguard is only calibrated to prevent damage to him if he "overgears" with no simultaneous gear use, but when he overrides the Double Gear lock ( likely through sheer determination and / or desperation ), he strains his systems because the same lock-out time is used, but he also isn't ... just using a single gear.
Zummorr
Bug Catcher

Post by Zummorr »

kitikami wrote: 5 years ago Wait, Dr. Wily invented something in college that is so powerful that Dr. Light basically just gives up against it, and he just never used it because he forgot about it? And the only reason MegaMan is even allowed to intervene is because Light kept a prototype of Wily's college project lying around for decades, despite knowing it was so dangerous that he had to warn the Council of Robot Science to never let it go into production, just in case he ever invented a robot that would talk him into installing it anyway?
You'd be surprised how many areas of science basically languish in obscurity for years because of other scientific pursuits. Phage Therapy research basically dropped off completely because of how initially successful antibiotics were in the 1930s.
Super Llama
Love is stored in the robot

Post by Super Llama »

There's also certain implied, spoilery reasons for why Light kept the Double Gear prototype around:

As a reminder of his part in causing Wily to be the way he is now.

Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

That's an interesting stage to start with. It pretty much plays out like it did there anyway though since special weapons aren't going to help much against those claustrophobic spike jumps. Glad you're not against using the Double Gear dealio since there's no penalty for using it. Just remember to switch it back off before it overheats or you're stuck in cooldown mode for a bit.
Super Llama
Love is stored in the robot

Post by Super Llama »

Bean wrote: 5 years ago That's an interesting stage to start with. It pretty much plays out like it did there anyway though since special weapons aren't going to help much against those claustrophobic spike jumps. Glad you're not against using the Double Gear dealio since there's no penalty for using it. Just remember to switch it back off before it overheats or you're stuck in cooldown mode for a bit.
Actually, there is ONE weapon that would help immensely for most of those underwater bits:

Pile Driver, since using it while jumping functions exactly the same as an air dash. Aside from that hallway with the long jumps, it trivializes a lot of the trickier parts of the level.

Heavy Sigh

Post by Heavy Sigh »

Fun Fact, only the double charged Power Gear Mega Buster has recoil, so the upgrade raocow bought today doesn't really do much!

ROBOT MASTER FACTS! BLAST MAN

"Explosion...is ART!!!"

Blast Man (ブラストマン Burasutoman) is a Robot Master built for pyrotechnic work (described as Explosion Artistry by Blast Man himself). He is a volatile robot with a flair for the theatrics and a taste for explosions, manufactured by B.B. Bomb Company to use his bombs to provide explosive special effects for movie studios and theme parks. While under maintenance by Dr. Light, Blast Man was captured and reprogrammed by Dr. Wily to help him conquer the world and fight against Mega Man. Prior to being captured, Blast Man was creating an explosion-themed attraction for the theme park Flower Land.

Blast Man's stage is set in the ruined remains of a theme park and movie studio hybrid that he has shaped into his personal playground. He's added several personal touches, including a number of signs featuring himself as the star of “Blast Man Adventure.”

Dangerous, volatile, and a bit short-tempered, Blast Man is fond of explosives and he uses his bombs to create them for his own enjoyment. He also has an egotistical and narcissistic side, as he places images of himself all over his stage. While not creating explosions, Blast Man fancies himself a journalist, writing a column every month for his favorite magazine, Boom Monthly (月刊発破時代 Gekkan happa jidai).

In Superhero difficulty, Blast Man can activate his Power Gear much earlier in the fight, as well as being able to execute his aerial attack twice during the same jump.

Pre-battle taunts:
"Time to begin the countdown!"
"I've got a pretty short fuse!"
"Retaliate or detonate!"
“Explosion...is ART!!!”
"What's wrong? Don't be a dud!"
Attack shouts:
"Yahahahaha!"
"Boom! Bam!"
"Blow you sky-high!”
"Here you go, catch!"
"Come on, explode!"
"Yragh!"
"Air Raid!"
"Yergh!"
"Heads up!"
"Hup!"
"Hehe..."
"Hyup!"
"Byagh!"
"Nrugh!"
Activating Power Gear:
"Power Gear!"
"I'm ready to blow!"
"This'll be dynamite!"
Death cries:
"FLASH IN THE PAN!"
"MY LAST... BLAST!"
"BIG BANG!"

Trivia
Blast Man has the same name as the NetNavi BlastMan, making him the first Robot Master to share his name with a NetNavi who was created before him.
Blast Man's weakness to Blazing Torch is a reference to explosives having the tendency to detonate when exposed to high temperatures, much like Bomb Man's weakness to Fire Storm.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

michael bay man, sonic blast man, i'm outta jokes
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Isrieri
Creatively Bankrupt
Pronouns: Male

Post by Isrieri »

What I adore must about this game and it's new gear system, is that the game absolutely wants you to use it.

But it also wants you to not use it. Like you should, but its just as much fun to go through normally. Whether you have more or less fun depends on what you derive the most fun from.

Acid Man is the best boss because he's an ace with his acid shots and his speedy bit is deceptively simple to dodge but very very intimidating. Plus I adore his design.
LunarRainbowShyGuy

Post by LunarRainbowShyGuy »

Following my own suggestion from yesterday, I've decided to go for a no damage run as I play along with raocow. Of course, I first went and replayed Acid Man's stage, which while it can be tricky, most of the danger comes from the abundance of instant death spikes. Having played this stage several times now maneuvering around the spikes wasn't an issue and I got through the stage in just a few attempts. The Acid Barrier is a pretty good weapon, though for now I've been seeing if I can do things with just the Mega Buster (and the gear system, which I've been making good use of).

Blast Man's stage is a bit more difficult in terms of a no damage run. Some of the enemy setups are rather difficult to get by unscathed. Blast Man himself is mostly pretty easy, except for when he leaves his timed mines in the air. Once I figured out how to dodge those though he didn't give me any more problems (and fortunately all the times that I got hit by him were attempts where I already got hit in the stage and went on just to get some practice).

Since I started doing a no damage run I noticed that this game makes doing so really convenient, which is nice. You can load your save file right from the pause menu, and if you do the stage select cursor will be at the stage you were just at, letting you get back to it right away.

Awoo
~wan~wan
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Mega Man 11 - Gearing Up for the Gears

Post by Awoo »

It's pretty neat to watch cartoons with raocow again, via the intro video
Really digging 11 so far :rao:
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

Have you recorded Bounce Man yet

If not could you do it with the Japanese voices

(Also could you do Fuse Man with Japanese voices because Todd Haberkorn is a sexual predator and doesn't deserve the attention)
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

Kilgamayan wrote: 5 years ago (Also could you do Fuse Man with Japanese voices because Todd Haberkorn is a sexual predator and doesn't deserve the attention)
shit, thanks for the heads up
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

No Japanese voices please, although agreed on the one VA being a total loser part.

Anyway, Blast Man's stage is fun. I love the whole ruined amusement park deal at the end, too. Fight's pretty fun, but I wasn't as lucky at dodging those bomb tosses. Pretty sure the idea is to get the heck out of dodge once one of them latches on to you to be able to break free, but I've only gone through this game once thanks to life and everything!
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

Fuse Man can be done in any language other than English, I don't really care. I think weeby nonsense is preferable to a literal sexual predator, though.
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Awoo
~wan~wan
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Mega Man 11 - Gearing Up for the Finally

Post by Awoo »

Is there a French dub?
Then it'd really be like Mighty #9 but actually good!
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
thatguyif
Pronouns: We Are The 99%

Post by thatguyif »

I think raocow's done enough VA changes after my (and many others') ridiculous request. I say we leave it be.

Besides,

the VA's presence is already in the product, and won't change regardless of whether or not raocow decides to play it. If you're that upset about his presence, you should be taking this up with Capcom with a request to replace or remove Fuse Man's voice clips in a patch.

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

Kilgamayan wrote: 5 years ago (Also could you do Fuse Man with Japanese voices because Todd Haberkorn is a sexual predator and doesn't deserve the attention)
oh damn he's korekiyo in danganronpa, that explains way too much

+1 to switching VAs for fuse man tho
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Arctangent
squawky

Post by Arctangent »

thatguyif wrote: 5 years ago Besides,

the VA's presence is already in the product, and won't change regardless of whether or not raocow decides to play it. If you're that upset about his presence, you should be taking this up with Capcom with a request to replace or remove Fuse Man's voice clips in a patch.

Consider, however:

the guy's voice isn't already in a rao vid, and rao does have the decision to not include it in one.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

If it was that important for the VA to be taken out, then the publisher itself would have done so. Casual viewers would just think of his voice as "the voice of Fuse Man" and nothing more. It wouldn't cause a problem if it doesn't get further brought up.

I wonder if there could be an option to just not have any voice dubs and only play raw sound effects
Arctangent
squawky

Post by Arctangent »

ano0maly wrote: 5 years ago If it was that important for the VA to be taken out, then the publisher itself would have done so. Casual viewers would just think of his voice as "the voice of Fuse Man" and nothing more. It wouldn't cause a problem if it doesn't get further brought up.
See, you can thatguy are inserting that "taking out" part. I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if Kilgamayan would prefer that, but they're only asking ( and specifically asking ) for rao to not feature his work in his own video.

It's not even a request to literally remove it from his game via modding, either, just using the setting the game itself offers. It's basically the same thing as asking for the game volume or brightness setting to be adjusted, because one level has poor audio balancing or would be eye-straining or migraine-inducing that would make the video uncomfortable if not tweaked.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

ano0maly wrote: 5 years ago If it was that important for the VA to be taken out, then the publisher itself would have done so. Casual viewers would just think of his voice as "the voice of Fuse Man" and nothing more. It wouldn't cause a problem if it doesn't get further brought up.

I wonder if there could be an option to just not have any voice dubs and only play raw sound effects
While I agree with you, this all didn't happen until January/February-ish while the game came out last October. They weren't going to take a VA out months after release for a game that's probably not going to have DLC of any kind.

In any case, I'd say to keep the discussion on the game itself and we'll see what, if anything happens, when that episode is uploaded.