(shouting)

Mega Man - We're Here Forever!

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
AuraLancer
AKA Uncle Aura

Re: Mega Man 5 - Light vs. Dark

Post by AuraLancer »

Yeah, it's super awkward
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

Another level/boss I think is really fun! I know the space physics are basically just water physics (although maybe they're more floaty? Can't be sure) but they actually make you do a little bit of challenging platforming around spikes, which most water sections don't really require of you from what I recall.

Also I don't think this is the first level they appeared in, but this game's instance of "enemy that jumps out from pits" will always make me think of Coneheads with Dan Aykroyd.
YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3
First name: Matt

Post by YelseyKing »

Obligatory "oh man raocow made an Earthbound reference" comment.

I always start with Starman, too. Easy stage, easy boss, and the Super Arrow is a handy utility item.
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.
T-A-C

Post by T-A-C »

somebody try and convince me that Super Arrow doesn't just exist because they had the code left over from Darkwing Duck
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

hah
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

GOAT NetNavi
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

tonight: empoleon

tomorrow night:

THE RETURN
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Is it really lanq or is it lang? I think the latter is what wave is in Chinese. I blame Germany (or Wikipedia) for this one since I was looking up why you called tonight's video what it is.

Anyway, won't be able to watch this one until tomorrow, but this is my favorite song of the main eight in the game. Honestly, this soundtrack's better than I remembered it being. We just didn't rent this one much when I was a kid, and when I played through it on the PS2, I went with the remixed music. It's also pretty sweet.
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

I had a lot of trouble with the jet bike section. Mostly that was because I wasn't very good at fighting the miniboss.

I remember the letter gave me some trouble, too, so you're not alone there.
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!
YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3
First name: Matt

Post by YelseyKing »

You know, you don't hear many people talking about it, but Megaman 5 has some pretty catchy music. Gyroman, Starman, Stoneman, Chargeman, and Waveman, as well as the first fortress theme, are actually some of my favorite songs in the series.
T-A-C wrote: 6 years ago somebody try and convince me that Super Arrow doesn't just exist because they had the code left over from Darkwing Duck
I thought Darkwing Duck used MM5's engine... or was that engine created for that game as a sort of "dry run" for MM5?
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.
Truhan
Lord of the Waifus
Pronouns: Waifulord

Post by Truhan »

Did somebody say "cosplaying as Neptune."

https://orig00.deviantart.net/8153/f/20 ... 6at9vv.jpg
Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

So when Wave Man lands from a jump, stop moving. The idea is that the waves will never pop up right on you unless you're in motion. This includes the very first wave when the battle starts. Next bot is one of the two in MM5 that gives me a bit of trouble along with Crystal Man.
xnamkcor

Post by xnamkcor »

As someone who took an Astrology class in college, I'm obligated to remind you that gravity is one of the weakest forces in the universe.
You cannot add yourself to the friends list.
You cannot add yourself to the foes list.
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

xnamkcor wrote: 6 years agoAs someone who took an Astrology class in college
I uh... Think you got the wrong word there, lol.

Also gravity is one of the least understood forces. It seems to be weak on a small scale yet on a larger scale it seems to be quite strong.
xnamkcor

Post by xnamkcor »

Alice wrote: 6 years ago
xnamkcor wrote: 6 years agoAs someone who took an Astrology class in college
I uh... Think you got the wrong word there, lol.

Also gravity is one of the least understood forces. It seems to be weak on a small scale yet on a larger scale it seems to be quite strong.
How large does the scale need to be for gravity to be stronger than a magnet of the same size?
You cannot add yourself to the friends list.
You cannot add yourself to the foes list.
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

xnamkcor wrote: 6 years agoHow large does the scale need to be for gravity to be stronger than a magnet of the same size?
I don't know since I'm not an expert on the subject. But you only need to look as far as black holes and the fact galaxies actually stay together to see what I mean about how it seems to be inconsistent.
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

The way the potato cannons work is that the lower port shoots energy shots at timed intervals while the main barrel shoots solid shots whenever a shot of yours gets right up next to it. Your regular pellets will destroy the solid shot in one hit - presumably the idea is to catch MegaMan/the player off-guard by having one less shot than expected actually land. The solid shots also drop powerups at the same rate at any other enemy in the game, which means you can farm them for health/lives as long as you want, thereby making MM5 even easier than it already is. The main barrel does have a short cooldown time, though, so you can't farm via rapid fire because you'll just destroy the cannon instead. (It is actually possible, with good enough timing, to shoot at the potato cannon and have it launch a solid shot after your shot passes the solid shot's spawn point, thereby damaging the cannon and flinging a solid bullet in your direction.)

Next up is the stage I was looking forward to the most from this game due to having a Top 3 All Time MegaMan Stage Theme. <3
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

come on motherfuckers come on
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
AlchemistHohenheim

Post by AlchemistHohenheim »

If only Charge Man had been made just a little bit taller, he would truly be unstoppable.
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

It's really weird how many bosses have "slightly too tall to jump over" as one of their main advantages.

I mean, it's not a ton, but it's more than a few. I find it particularly weird that the next game has three of them, but Centaur Man, who you would expect to be roughly as tall as a man on horseback, can be jumped over without any problem.
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

It's interesting the transition into the train breaks the regular rule of Mega Man screen transitions. It gets around that issue pointed out earlier in the thread where Mega Man screen transitions limit the level designers from going straight from a drop down to moving right more, so they have to do those zig zag rooms. The drop into the train fades the screen black and then back out from it to get around that issue, which is kinda rare. Also on the way out of the train you see the normal issue you'd run into where they have a giant empty screen, so their solution there was to just fill it with spikes for some reason.
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

Also,
QuiQuote-1511326804416.png
QuiQuote-1511326804416.png (29.07 KiB) Viewed 3247 times
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

cowcatcher on the chin, raocatcher on the feet

It should come as no surprise to anyone that I really like Charge Kick.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

One neat thing about the inside of the train is that if you jump while the train is rattling or whatever it's called, you get a bit more height on a jump. Because of that, you don't even need to use Rush or the Super Arrow to get that letter plate. A normal leap from the corner of the raised platform will do it.