(shouting)

Mega Man - We're Here Forever!

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Re: Mega Man Powered Up Downloadable Levels - Served Before the Server Closes

Post by KobaBeach »

Catabo wrote: 1 year ago Today, we give thanks that there was no MMPU2 because the bonus levels for that one would've been a nightmare of Quick Man laser gauntlets.
fuck you i wanted mmpu2 through 8 on psp and vita and like wii/wii u/xbla/xbone/pc somehow??? (angy)

anyway bless duckman. this stage looks like it owns but in a context where you're not Forced To Play It like ronco was rn. savestate as you want bro, it's fine and i don't blame u. reminds me of the horrible gimmick mario maker 2 stages i play for fun and merriment (the fucked up ones with the Technical tag)

the mmpu web finale stage was also super cute, bless the archivists.
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
camwoodstock
raocow play floigan brothers on dreamcast
First name: Cam & Tori
Pronouns: her/him

Post by camwoodstock »

KobaBeach wrote: 1 year ago
Catabo wrote: 1 year ago Today, we give thanks that there was no MMPU2 because the bonus levels for that one would've been a nightmare of Quick Man laser gauntlets.
fuck you i wanted mmpu2 through 8 on psp and vita and like wii/wii u/xbla/xbone/pc somehow??? (angy)

anyway bless duckman. this stage looks like it owns but in a context where you're not Forced To Play It like ronco was rn. savestate as you want bro, it's fine and i don't blame u. reminds me of the horrible gimmick mario maker 2 stages i play for fun and merriment (the fucked up ones with the Technical tag)

the mmpu web finale stage was also super cute, bless the archivists.
we just wanted MMPU2 because we wanted more chibi versions of the robot masters
"dingus prime, the alpha and omega of utter spoons"
~camwoodstock | she/he (genderfluid) | :bi_pride: :genderfluid_pride: | &: Tori (she/her) | The Wall of Turner
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

camwoodstock wrote: 1 year ago we just wanted MMPU2 because we wanted more chibi versions of the robot masters
my eyes were glued to chibi guts man because he has the exact same face and body structure as my friend's bara bug oc (only he isn't chibi) but. honestly i just think the powered up vibe is super cool and i'd like to see more of that

but i can imagine that running like multiple level editor servers in 2006 sounds like A Fucking Nightmare
Image Image
Catabo
:3
Pronouns: he/him

Post by Catabo »

If it makes it any better, the MMPU2 we would've gotten would've been Mega Man Universe. (i almost said unlimited inst of universe LMAO rest in pieces kiegy innerpooné) (he is not dead just owned and isn,t that a fate worse than desu)

On a serious note, i do remember being excited for a Mega Man with a level editor that wasn't locked to the console nobody owned, but nowadays i'll just open up a rom in rock5easily's editors and lose any lingering creative desires after about an hour of tinkering.
Hi YouTube peeps! Want a cozier, chiller community that actually feels like a discussion instead of shouting into an endless void?
Consider posting on the talkhaus too! :catplanet:
camwoodstock

Post by camwoodstock »

Catabo wrote: 1 year ago
If it makes it any better, the MMPU2 we would've gotten would've been Mega Man Universe. (i almost said unlimited inst of universe LMAO rest in pieces kiegy innerpooné) (he is not dead just owned and isn,t that a fate worse than desu)

On a serious note, i do remember being excited for a Mega Man with a level editor that wasn't locked to the console nobody owned, but nowadays i'll just open up a rom in rock5easily's editors and lose any lingering creative desires after about an hour of tinkering.
we just download the MAGMML2 devkit because we need to re-register game maker 8 classic again after it somehow forgot we did so and we kinda poke at it for a bit and go "teehee" and then go on to do whatever we wanted to do on game maker 8 classic.
~camwoodstock | she/he (genderfluid) | :bi_pride: :genderfluid_pride: | &: Tori (she/her) | The Wall of Turner
TiKi

Re: All the Mega Men - Back to a Break Man

Post by TiKi »

I present to you... three frames of Mega Man 7
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

Image Image
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

"Uno Mas", as the SMM2 community tends to say.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Bean
Yep.

Re: Mega Man Powered Up User Levels - Game Not Over: The User Wins

Post by Bean »

Mega Man Powered Up never ends! :mgmn:
Catabo

Post by Catabo »

DON'T Cry NOW.png
DON'T Cry NOW.png (342.62 KiB) Viewed 1448 times
Not very fair to tell the Big Eye not to cry when the poor thing's trapped, clearly knowing of its imminent death! :cry:
Hi YouTube peeps! Want a cozier, chiller community that actually feels like a discussion instead of shouting into an endless void?
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Google Translate has the two words as Oil and Paradise. I'm not sure what "de" gets translated in Japanese as I never took Japanese! So I'm calling it Oil de Paradise until someone corrects me!

Edit: Never mind. Looked it up and it just gets switched to "and", so the level's called Oil and Paradise!!
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

De is actually a complex little fucker and sometimes translating it can be a pain if the context is vague. I'd guess it'd be Oil In Paradise.
Image Image
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

You know what? I like that and the level itself. We'll go with your suggestion, Koba. It was either that or Oil the Beefsteak.
Catabo

Post by Catabo »

If you wanted to be a bit more poetic about it, you could interpret de/で as "by" (as in English "travel by bus"), giving you "Paradise by Oil", i.e. you make it to paradise by means of using Oil Man's abilities, or the stage itself is a paradise for those who have mastered use of Oil Man's abilities. I'd wager a proper localization would call it Surfer's Paradise (Oil Slider's Paradise? i don't actually remember the name of the weapon).

Every one of these oil surfing levels makes me want to see a game that's a Mega Man clone on the surface, but it's actually all about oil surfing. Or any of the wacky robot abilities! Why's everyone gotta be Mega Man? (don't answer that)
EllenHouraisan
Cat llama enthusiast
First name: Iris
Pronouns: she/her

Post by EllenHouraisan »

It's actually called Oil Paradise. The "de" is silent.
:trans_pride: :bi_pride:
camwoodstock

Post by camwoodstock »

oh no
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

camwoodstock wrote: 1 year ago
oh no
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Bean
Yep.

Re: Mega Man Redos - Because Why Not?

Post by Bean »

:mgmnds:

I should 100% just keep this thread stickied, yet at the same time, it's just a vid here and there between series or parts of a series like we're at with the main part of the Winter Olympics done, so yeah. We'll see!
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

we need a state of semi-stickied that doesn't exist
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

raocow wrote: 1 year ago we need a state of semi-stickied that doesn't exist
Global Announcements, got it
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Catabo

Post by Catabo »

viscous

I would suggest "haphazardly glued on with old glue", but that doesn't actually work. I dug up some old glue from the beginning of time for a little craft project last year and that stuff still works good as new.

This post is topical because Bond Man.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Eh, I'll leave it up for a change. It can fall under all the other stickied threads when we don't post in the topic for a bit... although now that I said that, this topic will somehow be one of the most active ones.
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

do u think bond man likes his glue shaken not stirred
Image Image
Bean
Yep.

Re: Mega Man X Minecraft - If Only It Was Roblox...

Post by Bean »

Because Roblox has an X in it and also sounds like robot, and... Never mind. Anyway, that was certainly an opening level. Brought back memories of thirty years ago when Vile jumped off the cliff with his mech while we double jumped throughout the highway. Seriously though, it's neat to see a recreation.
camwoodstock

Re: Mega Man X Minecraft - If Only It Was Roblox...

Post by camwoodstock »

lord forgive us if at any point we use this chance to make fun of how bad minecraft version 1.19 turned out but also man we do not think very highly of minecraft as a video game atm.

but ANYWAY, more on like, an actual topic related to the DLC pack itself, we mentioned it on the patapon zone and we think it's amazingly redundant how like. minecraft has a health system, a life system, a life system (an infinite live system at that), random item drops from killing enemies, item stacking, and all sorts of things like that. like these are all just parts of the original minecraft game that have existed since like, the survival test at the earliest, and literally the alpha versions of the game at the latest.

So y'know, it's kinda strange then, that in the Mega Man X data pack, they felt the need, to

meanwhile the actual player GUI down below is trimmed down to an inventory hotbar that has literal gaps in it. gaps that would be perfect to put a lives counter or a screw counter in, mind you. and also you could just put the health bar there like in vanilla minecraft, yeah OG minecraft health is a row of horizontal hearts but like. the gameboy games had a horizontal healthbar too. it's probably fine.

the only reason we can really think of that the GUI ended up like this is either, mojang REFUSED to let capcom modify the GUI outright beyond texture changes (for some reason) and this was their way around that (because, hey, it's 100% unique UI!), or for some reason capcom REFUSED to modify the GUI voluntarily and wanted to have this be as accurate to mega man X HUD design as possible... so why would they put a lives counter and screw counter right below the health.