(shouting)

Mega Man - We're Here Forever!

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Gardenolva
Void and Voir embraced together...
First name: En Gardevoir
Pronouns: Male

Re: Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1 + 2 - Double Trouble

Post by Gardenolva »

Ashan wrote: 5 years ago Man I didn't even see that, I came up with it 2 episodes ago and forgot to post. Weird coincidence
Shellshocked could've been better than Power Saw

A.K.A.: En Gardevoir
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

If you clear Normal, you get a picture of Pallet, Aile, and Layer in bikinis.

If you clear hard, you get a picture of Iris standing in a white void or something.

No love for Nana here... nyoro~n
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

dynamo was the final boss of all the megamen all along!!!

*Note 1: The charged Strike Chain can be used on Storm Eagle's babies to fill up before 9-3. Your mileage may vary on whether this is helpful or not. You can also use this to to get back to potentially get back a bit of health from killing one of the bosses on 9-3.

**Note 2: Just like in X4, using the Double Cyclone here will generate two random enemies from slashers or aerial turrets from Double every time he is hit with it. Use with caution...

***Note 3: Gate himself is of course, immune to all attacks. However, his gates can be damaged with the special weapons, but some of them break them faster. This is the closest thing to a weakness you can get on Gate.

If you're wondering how this is done on Normal legit - not very easily. I especially don't like Volume 1's 9-3.

You'll almost assuredly need the Chameleon Sting regardless of what volume you're playing on. The charged version is infinitely useful for this.

What I did for Volume 1 was just rush down Double with the Double Cyclone. It isn't pretty, but it's the fastest way to get to the REAL fight. After that, you just have to very carefully time the hover boots to dodge the double laser. You'll also dodge energy vinegar at the same time if you did it correctly. I had to do this for about 3 minutes straight. Iris is weak to Rising Fire (she was weak to Ryuenjin in X4), but it's very awkward to hit her core with it. I just used the normal X Buster.

Volume 2 is much more fair. You want to defeat Dynamo first by any means possible (I used charged Chameleon Sting, no Meteor Rain), and then just be patient with Gate. Dynamo's ghost will reappear periodically to use his Earth Gaizer, but he no longer has a hitbox and thus you can dash through him safely. Knowing this, you can almost certainly avoid Gate for as long as you need until a proper opening happens to counter.
Super Llama
Love is stored in the robot

Post by Super Llama »

You missed out on a thing by not moving around during the credits until the last second.

If you destroy enough of the credits, the credits theme changes to this

Slightly disappointing since the description for the achievement you get for unlocking it implies that it was going to be foreshadowing for X9, but it's still a good song, and we're almost certainly getting X9 anyway, so...
Last edited by Super Llama 5 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
LunarRainbowShyGuy

Post by LunarRainbowShyGuy »

One thing about this stage that I feel is a bit weird is the weapon selection; since Dynamo shares a weakness with Metal Shark Player, and Gate doesn't have a weakness, there's some extra weapons to choose from. Including Gravity Well, even though there's only one boss it works on here (although dodging Metal Shark Player can get awkward when Storm Eagle starts blowing wind).

The fight against Gate and Dynamo can be difficult, but it isn't too bad (though after dealing with the version of 6-3 where you take twice the damage you're supposed to everything else seems tame in comparison). Dynamo's attacks can be tough to dodge, but if you use the Meteor Rain on him he doesn't get to do much. Gate can be annoying while you're trying to take down Dynamo but once you do take down Dynamo Gate isn't too much of a threat, even with Dynamo coming back to help every now and then. Also, I was curious to see what happens if you take out Gate first, but I guess Gate isn't as much of a team player as Dynamo, because nothing special happens. I guess if you're crazy enough to do that you deserve to have an easy time against Dynamo.

In the end, I think this mode turned out alright, though I definitely feel it could have been better. I didn't mind fighting some bosses multiple times, but I agree that it would have been nice to see some of the bosses that never showed up. Also, as someone who likes Zero, I would have liked to see him playable in some form, though I understand that that wouldn't be as easy as just plopping him in there (just one of a few glaring issues being that he doesn't have any weapons from the first three X games). Regardless, I liked this and I'd totally enjoy it if they ever did something like this again.

Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

that sure was a thing, general
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Zummorr
Bug Catcher

Post by Zummorr »

And cue the episode where undeserved empathy is shown for the game.
Had easy mode not been available, this would've been as much of a raging mess as the whole Mission set from Megaman Powered-up.
Whether it's low effort, or if it was rushed. It's still pretty much just garbage.

At best there is kind of a vague vision of creating some kind of game that celebrates the six plus generations of our maverick hunter.

It's just there's very little design to these fights, and I imagine a similar experience could be achieved if one simply placed a second boss in the arena of their fan-game.

You know those awful fights in From Software games? The ones where They stick you in an arena with 2, or 3, or 5 enemies all of who would all be challenging one on one. This is basically just that except for Megaman X
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

Christopher Lloyd wrote: 5 years ago No love for Nana here... nyoro~n
I mean, Command Mission introduced her to the player in what was not-so-subtly a bondage slave play situation, so Capcom probably figured they weren't gonna get much more fanservicey than that
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Awoo
~wan~wan
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1 + 2 - Iris Trouble

Post by Awoo »

If nothing else, it's just kind of fun to hear raocow say "Energy Vinegar" again :rao:
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: liv/livvy
Pronouns: she/her
https://blivsey.talkhaus.com/

Post by Blivsey »

Looked up that hard-mode-exclusive fight and wow that barely looks like it would be possible if it WERE available on Easy
convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

I really want to know if there was anyone in testing that actually completed this thing on hard mode.

I also looked up the final battle and it seems like the community as a whole found a single way to cheese it and that's like the only way to do it. So how would anyone in testing have found that on their own? I feel like this thing is a product of a deadline. Like, the people on the team that wanted to do it were lucky to even get in what's there, and the higher-ups weren't willing to push the deadline back for this mode that wasn't really a selling point, so they're just like "well we put a decent amount of time into this, and it's technically playable so..."
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

But wouldn't it be a simple change to

1. Get rid of the stupid Hard Mode
2. Move Hard Mode extra fight to Normal Mode
3. Maybe cut the health of the bosses in that fight

And if there's any time left, backport the health and weapon refills of Easy Mode to Normal Mode.
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

ano0maly wrote: 4 years ago But wouldn't it be a simple change to

And if there's any time left, backport the health and weapon refills of Easy Mode to Normal Mode.
100% agree, but at this point someone should just make their own X Challenge using a similar skeleton and add in custom AI to make every boss feasible.

Also we should be able to use all the armors dang it. Where's my X2 armor or Blade Armor?
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

Considering they didn't even catch the bug where one of the fights had doubled health in normal mode (I think someone said that earlier), I'm guessing they didn't even have time to do that
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

It could also be that Capcom just straight-up doesn't have a QA team. That would explain a lot of Mega Man-related things!
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Bean
Yep.

Re: Mega Man 10 - Again! One Night Only!

Post by Bean »

I think both water sections were modeled after Wily levels from MM4 & MM5 respectively. Welp. Now to take 24 hours to figure out a final title for the thread, I guess!
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

the beginning of the end

let's celebrate with some food, shall we? :catplanet:
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Awoo
~wan~wan
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Mega Man 10 - Again! One Night Only! Food Song!

Post by Awoo »

Christopher Lloyd wrote: 4 years ago

the beginning of the end

let's celebrate with some food, shall we? :catplanet:

original version is best version

ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Gardenolva
Void and Voir embraced together...
First name: En Gardevoir
Pronouns: Male

Post by Gardenolva »

Chirei wrote: 4 years ago
ano0maly wrote: 4 years ago But wouldn't it be a simple change to

100% agree, but at this point someone should just make their own X Challenge using a similar skeleton and add in custom AI to make every boss feasible.

Also we should be able to use all the armors dang it. Where's my X2 armor or Blade Armor?
100% agreed to all of this.
About the armor, can we get at least have ALL or Optional part effects from all X's Armors? [Like have X4's Plasma Shot, X2's Giga Crush (Have Giga Crushes too), and Blade Armor's Mach Dash or Falcon Armor's Omnidirectional Hover]

A.K.A.: En Gardevoir
Crow

Post by Crow »

"the last megaman"
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Parama wrote: 4 years ago "the last megaman"
We already did that with ZX Advent

I say "Up to Eleven"
Crow

Post by Crow »

no, i'm just repeating a thing raocow said for emphasis
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

Now just imagine if MM11 hadn't been announced and we had stopped this series on Mighty No. 9.
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

Gardenolva wrote: 4 years ago About the armor, can we get at least have ALL or Optional part effects from all X's Armors? [Like have X4's Plasma Shot, X2's Giga Crush (Have Giga Crushes too), and Blade Armor's Mach Dash or Falcon Armor's Omnidirectional Hover]
2d icarus/hermes armor....

it would sell like hotcakes
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.