(shouting)

Mega Man - We're Here Forever!

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Chirei

Re: Mega Man ZX Advent - The Last Mega Man

Post by Chirei »

...and so the battle begins, to become THE MEGAMEN KING!!!!

- Chronoforce -

Chronoforce Shell - This protects against instant death spikes too! Just don't brush up against them with any other part of your body or you'll watch a screen-wide boss instantly evaporate.

Time Bomb - THIS MOVE WORKS ON EVERY BOSS IN THE GAME. It's literally Time Slow from Powered Up but way better. Costs 8 lines of weapon energy to use.
freshtalk

Post by freshtalk »

After activating Time Bomb, the effect will continue even if you switch forms. Time Bomb just makes every boss easier. The only one who can do anything to counter it is Chronoforce himself, it's kinda absurd.
Super Llama
Love is stored in the robot

Post by Super Llama »

One awesome thing about Chronoforce is, even if you're not underwater, he's still a great form to use if you're dealing with attacks from above since you can just tank everything in those circumstances.
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

Man, they're really hyping up the game of Destiny like it's a big thing, but last I heard Activision was laying off hundreds of employees cause they want nothing to do with it
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

Chronoforce wrote:...You are nothing more than a pawn in the palm... of HIS hand.
Does this make any sense even?
I think he mixed up 2 sayings with similar meaning. "You're a pawn" and "you're putty in the palm of his hand." They both mean "you're being manipulated by someone with more power than you," but... you can't mix them like that
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

Well, you do play chess with your hands.
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: liv/livvy
https://blivsey.talkhaus.com/

Post by Blivsey »

I, too, play chess by delivering each piece atop my hand to its new location as if i am a waiter

alternatively: by gripping every piece tightly within my fist as I move it
convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

Dunno if you've figured this out or not at this point, but the street signs you light up by dumping money into them can be teleported to, not teleported from. As such they're less useful than transervers, but still sometimes useful if you need to backtrack.

It's probably worth taking money management into consideration when activating them. Like, if you have two or three close together, you don't really need to activate them all. You certainly still could if you really wanted to, though.
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Generally best to activate the ones after a mid-boss fight, for instance. That way, you've got it geared up and ready to go. Then again, I don't remember if they save if you game over, so take that into consideration. Obviously, there's plenty of backtracking, so that's where those little stations come into play.
Reverning

Post by Reverning »

*obligatory za warudo reference*
FourteenthOrder
(zeal on discord)

Post by FourteenthOrder »

They don't save with game over.

When I first played this game I used them to sort of give myself permanent checkpoints. If I was having difficulty with part of a level I'd pay for the closest teleport thing and then backtrack to the last save point, essentially making that beacon my new start point for that level.
Shard1697

Post by Shard1697 »

Chronoforce is, for some reason, a boss that gets way harder on expert mode. Aside from the normal changes, Chronoforce also always uses his speed buff immediately on expert and always keeps it active, and his spread icicles pattern gets a second set of shots at a different angle.
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

Leet wrote: 5 years ago Well, you do play chess with your hands.
You don't gain an advantage by putting the pieces in your palm though
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Ashan wrote: 5 years ago
Chronoforce wrote:...You are nothing more than a pawn in the palm... of HIS hand.
Does this make any sense even?
I think he mixed up 2 sayings with similar meaning. "You're a pawn" and "you're putty in the palm of his hand." They both mean "you're being manipulated by someone with more power than you," but... you can't mix them like that
I wonder if it was originally a shogi metaphor (as in that you do at least add pieces to the board throughout) or something. Or at least a better idiom than whatever that ended up being.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

The phrase makes sense to me. It's basically "You're a piece in the domain under my control."
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

I understand the point they were trying to get across, but he mixed 2 analogies so the thing it's being compared to doesn't make sense. Like there isn't a real world scenario of having a pawn in the palm of your hand that represents anything.
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer

Post by Kilgamayan »

One of the more common casual ways to determine who gets what color is to mix up two pawns, one of each color, behind one's back and then hold one in each (closed) hand and let the opponent pick a hand.

So it's relevant then, at least.

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Heavy Sigh

Post by Heavy Sigh »

RIP Gerry, we hardly knew ye.

PSEUDOROID FACTS!

Rospark the Floroid (ローズパーク・ザ・フラワロイド Rōzupāku za Furawaroido, Rosepark the Floweroid) is a rose-based Pseudoroid who attacks by using electricity. He is a light-weight Pseudoroid designed to fight effectively even on the most difficult terrain.

Rospark is a limited warfare Pseudoroid specialized in long range electroshock attacks. His design also allowed him to fight evenly on even the most difficult terrain by having two different forms, based on the growing stages of a flower. His primary form is of a green mechanical bulb, surrounded by thorned tendrils with Spike Manipulators which can attach to poles and similar objects. He has a long cone-shaped head with long red lights and small eyes. His mobility is limited in this form, as he can only move by using the spike on the bottom of his body to rotate like a top. He is slow and can only do short jumps, resorting to his tendrils and the spike on his head for defense. He has no weakpoint, with his Biometal fragment safely stashed away in his core.

Upon attaching to a pole, Rospark's bulb opens up to reveal the thin form of a humanoid with a pink frame and green limbs. He has long horns on his head and pelvic area, as well as golden spikes on his chest, torso and hips. The bulb plates are open wide on his back, and their interior resembles the petals of a rose. As long as he has access to poles and similar structures, Rospark can move freely between them.

Rospark enjoys speaking in a very dramatic manner, using many references to flowers whenever he can cram them in. He's elated by Grey's presence, calling him a "handsome boy", as he believes that male sacrifices produce better energy for Model W. To that end, he affects a singsong voice and flattering language to disconcert his chosen victims.

However, all of his flattering demeanour is revealed to be an act if Ashe confronts him. In reality he is quick to anger, plain spoken, and greatly resents her for distracting him enough to allow his victim to escape. This even extends to his death, acting offended that Ashe held the power to destroy him.

Attacks

Rose Wire: Rospark attempts to strike the player with a tendril in bulb form.
Vine Climb: Rospark attaches to a pole, changing to his rose form and gaining the ability to slide freely across it.
Spark Wire: Rospark stretches an electrified tendril forward. The tendril also electrifies any pole within its reach.
Vine Switch: Rospark uses his tendrils to move to another pole or vine within reach.
Rose Stinger: Rospark swings his arm, flinging four thorns at different angles.
Spark Stinger: Rospark swings his arm, flinging three electrified thorns at the player. The thorns create an electric field in the area of contact.
Lightning Beam: Rospark charges energy and fires a massive beam of electricity while sliding across a pole. The beam electrifies any other pole within reach. He will also regain some of his heatlh.

Trivia

Although some Pseudoroids change their dialogue based on which character the player is using, Rospark is the only Pseudoroid who displays a distinct reaction towards each character.
Rospark is one of three Pseudoroids who was not renamed for the English version of Mega Man ZX Advent.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

looks like gunboy outside the tower has a sidequest for you
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Super Llama
Love is stored in the robot

Post by Super Llama »

There's something really...unusual about Rospark's design...

...eh, it's probably nothing.
Shard1697

Post by Shard1697 »

siarnaq's megamerge animation is so sick btw
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer

Post by Kilgamayan »

RIP Gerry (2007-2007)

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

Why is anyone talking about anything other than Tornado Tonion's ginormous erect cock?

This is not a "kind of looks like a penis" thing, they really couldn't have done anything else to make it look more like a dick.

And let's not even get started on the second one he has on his forehead.
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

Rospark's design is fucking amazing and I'm eternally sad that he's almost completely useless. If you could unfurl into his flower form whenever you wanted to lay some electrical punishment on fools, it would be amazing, but needing vines just kills him.

Also, I agree with raocow that the tower level before him had some of the most "design" we've seen so far. Compare this to the vertical ice level in ZX and it's like night and day: varied platforming challenges, enemies that actually get in the way and are placed to take advantage of the terrain, something resembling a stage gimmick (the crumbling platforms and walls)...

It even has a name.