(shouting)

Mega Man - We're Here Forever!

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
T-A-C

Re: Mega Man 7 - Mega Man & Bass

Post by T-A-C »

y'know, I've never seen a fight with the Wily Capsule where the S Adapter gets used

it's an interesting tactic since it means you can hit the boss more consistently but not having the slide sounds like a huge drawback

Also, "what I shoulda done years ago" seems way weirder after seeing MM2GB again
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

strategy.avi
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Sugar
Pronouns: fae/faer

Post by Sugar »

Truly, a Haimari designed boss, even a savestate was used.

As for why Mega Man wanted to finally kill Dr Wily, I blame it on a final boss. Like Mega Man was enjoying defeating Wily even, but then this fight happened, and Mega Man was like NO, I don't want fight like that again.

On sidenote, this fight returns in Mega Man 8 but it's much easier, as an apology for this fight.

The credits having names hidden was a studio's decision. Nintendo decided to stop with this practice, but Capcom still continued. The intent was to make it harder for other companies to hire experienced designers and developers who worked on a game.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

That armor should never be equipped for Wily unless you want to make a hard fight even harder. It's one of those deals where you jump up to bait the orbs and then quickly slide the heck out of dodge in most positions he teleports in at. The red and blue orbs are awful. The former trap you long enough that you can't hit him on the next pass while the blue set you up for a combo.

Wild Coil's the weakness, but using Freeze Cracker and quickly switching and hitting him with Thunder Bolt after that takes the orbs out of play entirely. Honestly, it's a fight where you have to learn where to stand. If he's in the top middle, be under him to start. If he's on the sides, get in the center and move away. Stuff like that. Not an easy fight at all, and I won't blame you for anything other than going for the first round victory when you didn't know what was coming.

Also, if that next game is the one that I think it is, what you said at the end there? Them's fighting words.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

I don't usually consider the plots of these games too closely, but that star was probably Duo.

As for why Mega Man didn't shoot Wily, Wily's right; Mega Man literally can't, even if he really wanted to. This ties in with the concurrently-running MMX pretty well, as it highlights the difference between Robot Masters and Reploids.
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Money

Post by Money »

Part of me enjoyed the hubris of raocow dying to Wily after using all his e-tanks and being only one hit away, but another part was screaming out in pain for him
Leet

Post by Leet »

In the alternate universe in which he took one less damage and won, I am so mad

...also, I don't think I knew that you could mash out of a single thing you can mash out of in this game. But I mean, shaking yourself out of being on fire doesn't even make any sense!
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

Noise Crush :(

I'm not actually convinced mashing does anything when on fire; my experiences with it have made it feel more like a random, predetermined amount of damage. Is this confirmed one way or the other anywhere on the interbutts?
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Stink Terios

Post by Stink Terios »

Leet wrote: 6 years ago
Stink Terios wrote: 6 years ago
Leet wrote: 6 years ago
That's a really egregious decision to make
No, this owns. A word that has it's proper meaning, but can also mean the exact opposite. It's beautiful.
Hey big question do you know what "egregious" means
Oh man, I forgot! :lol:
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Dragon Fogel wrote: 6 years agoUntil you're really good at the boss (and I'm not), you're going to need four E-Tanks and the S-Tank and it still might not be enough. So it's very frustrating to lose under those circumstances.
I really suck at fighting Mega Man bosses and I've beaten him using only three e-tanks. Just requires trying to actually figure the fight out rather than settling on a strategy immediately and then getting frustrated and not changing the strategy when it's not so successful. In raocow's case he came in using the Rush Adapter and didn't so much as even attempt literally anything else including figuring out how to dodge the orbs. (Which is totally possible, you just need to take the time to use a few lives experimenting.)
MoneyMan wrote: 6 years agoPart of me enjoyed the hubris of raocow dying to Wily after using all his e-tanks and being only one hit away, but another part was screaming out in pain for him
I laughed because he brought it upon himself. He still had 8 lives when he got there so he'd have been far better off dedicating 3-4 to trying to figure out how to successfully fight the boss before wasting all his recovery items right off the bat.

I'm quite disappointed how he immediately gave up and reloaded his save state though. Personally I thought the entire attitude around that entire bit sounded weirdly entitled for raocow when he's typically far more patient than that. His immediate reaction was to blame the game and rage at it despite the fact he put literally zero effort into trying to actually figure it out.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

I feel I have to speak out about something here. The reason why I came in here with the adaptor and didn't budge from that is thanks to an assumption I should have known better about. Like as of now all the capsules where defeated by either the gimmick weapon of the game or the worse weapon, right? And the gimmick 'reward' of the game is the adaptor suit witht he homing punch powerup. So in my mind that registered as 'alright, so it's the Beat strategy'. Add this to the fact that people have warned me about the difficulty of this boss ever since the very start of the series and I was like 'okay, so using up all your e-tanks and whatnot is normal'.

So I didn't deviate from that because.. from my analysis this is how the fight is meant to go. In retrospect I'm aware of how dumb that is but that's the kind of thing you think about sometimes as you are playing a game.

I should have said this in video but I went ahead and reloaded my save because it is basically the same thing as just putting in back my password. Like the effect is exactly the same, the password system in mm7 is really detailed.

If I had come to the boss with like 3 or 4 lives I would have went through them naturally and studied the boss most definitely. But since I had to go through eight of them, and how long the first phase take, I figured it'd be litteraly faster to just restart.

These are all the thoughts I had between my death and the game reloading post-death. I'm aware some of my judgement is wrong but that's how it was on the spot.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Crow

Post by Crow »

Honestly I just found it really funny irdc beyond that do whatever makes games the most fun I say
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Smile~
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3
First name: Matt

Post by YelseyKing »

This sure is a Meegaman game.
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.
Crow

Post by Crow »

b r i g h t
w e a p o n
Sugar
Pronouns: fae/faer

Post by Sugar »

Hint: you can scroll the camera by holding jump for few seconds and then pressing any direction.
Arctangent
squawky

Post by Arctangent »

GlitchMr wrote: 6 years ago Hint: you can scroll the camera by holding jump for few seconds and then pressing any direction.
... why.
Bean
Yep.

Re: Mega Man (Game Gear) - Gearing Up for a Disappointment

Post by Bean »

Ah, okay. I thought tonight would be MM8 after counting the X3 stuff up, so whew. This game is a very bad mostly port of MM4 & MM5. About the only praise I'll give it are for sort of fixing the worst Rush Coil ever and for its ending. It's not long, but it's not good either. Have those save states ready since there are no continues in this game whatsoever.
AlchemistHohenheim

Post by AlchemistHohenheim »

It's weird how many Game Gear games don't seem to actually account for the screen size/resolution of the Game Gear. Like I kinda get it for the Sonic Master System ports because with those they were just taking an existing game and shoving it onto a smaller screen.

But like...does that excuse work for this game?
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

Now I'm disappointed you're not playing the DOS port of Mega Man X

Also if you don't want that weird border you could try Genesis Plus GX. That's apparently the recommended emulator for Game Gear stuff
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Leet

Post by Leet »

I mean... you could've... not play on... hard mode... oAo

Also I was reading the wikipedia page and got spoiled as to how the fortress goes and oh boy I can't wait.
xnamkcor

Post by xnamkcor »

Legally attaching a handle to your real self kinda defeats many of the benefits of using a handle.
You cannot add yourself to the friends list.
You cannot add yourself to the foes list.
a guy

Post by a guy »

This game is bad port. They updated some sprites to have more colors which is nice, but that's the only thing nice.
I looked at the password system of this game (which is very simple) and noticed something that might be relevant to you raocow:
If you enter the password in HARD mode that gives you the Power Stone only, or the Flash Stopper only, then the game will resume in NORMAL mode. It’s a bug in the password system and there’s no way around it.
Password are different if on normal or hard, but in some cases it makes the game on normal when it should be on hard. Since you started with Bright man, if today you game overed and restarted with a password, you're probably on normal and not on hard.
If that's the case either continue or normal or generate a password with bright+the boss you did today on hard.

Btw I don't know what are the differences between normal and hard.
xnamkcor

Post by xnamkcor »

Here are my settings. Tried to record a video of how it works, but Kega decided it needs to use a special codec for video recording.

You cannot add yourself to the friends list.
You cannot add yourself to the foes list.
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

Hey raocow, I know you said you would only be playing the platformy (2D too? I forget but X7...) Mega Men but if you're gonna make an exception for this pile of trash (that you said you wouldn't play (not complaining!) would you please consider playing Mega Man Legends as well? Even just giving the first one a try would be super rad.
raocow wrote:the plan is to wait for Jump to be released and then replacing the graphics without telling anyone involved with Jump.