(shouting)

Mega Man - We're Here Forever!

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Re: Mega Man ZX Advent - The Last Mega Man

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

I'm familiar with internal render resolution being a thing under larger consoles, but the whole DS range (original to DSi) uses a strict 256 × 192 resolution, so why it would have multiple renderings is beyond me. This seems like an emulator thing specifically.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

it's the same emulation, recording and post-processing settings as zx so I have no idea
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Heavy Sigh

Post by Heavy Sigh »

So Fun Fact: While both Grey and Ashe's intros take place at the same time, whoever the player doesn't select dies at the end of their intro stage. Ashe is killed by Prometheus, while Grey is killed when he's crushed by the falling body of the giant Dogu machine he destroys.
Plutia
Plutia too cute

Post by Plutia »

for what it's worth there's not very MUCH of a continuation of the first game's protag's stories, as I recall

you seem to really like ashe so I'm just gonna throw that out there and let you decide what to do with it
Super Llama
Love is stored in the robot

Post by Super Llama »

It's implied that Ashe and Grey both exist at the same time, but the two never run into each other.

Also
FourteenthOrder
(zeal on discord)
Pronouns: she/her

Post by FourteenthOrder »

Plutia wrote: 5 years ago for what it's worth there's not very MUCH of a continuation of the first game's protag's stories, as I recall

you seem to really like ashe so I'm just gonna throw that out there and let you decide what to do with it
I was going to say the same thing. It's up to you, obviously! Follow your heart!
freshtalk

Post by freshtalk »

I like Ashe too but now everyone is dragging on Grey and it makes me sad.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Someone said in the Youtube comments of ZX finale that Grey's playstyle is more straightforward and Ashe's playstyle is more gimmicky, so maybe Grey would suit raocow better?
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

Sound is OK!

How Ashe and Grey react to things are different in tone, and I would say Grey has some decent lines as well, especially near the very end of the game. There's also one more plot thing that I can't really say, but the story just makes better sense as Grey IMO even if you didn't play as Aile.

It is worth noting that they will get some different moves as you get forms.

EDIT: Idea: Whenever you play the alternate modes of the Rosenkreuzstilettes, maybe do the other character for this game along with it.
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Re: Mega Man ZX - There Can Be Only One

Post by Kilgamayan »

peeps wrote: stuff about playing as Gray
Kilgamayan wrote: 5 years ago Counterpoint: Pick Ashe because being able to play as women in MegaMan games is excellent
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

we already got that last time
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

ano0maly wrote: 5 years ago we already got that last time
We had a boy the last 41 times before that.
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Plutia
Plutia too cute

Post by Plutia »

Leet wrote: 5 years ago
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Leet wrote: 5 years ago
So? My point is that better reasons for Grey were presented than "because Ashe is mai waifu".
Plutia
Plutia too cute

Post by Plutia »

i think the reason a lot of us are petitioning for ashe is because raocow enjoys her a lot more than grey from what has been presented thus far

it's ultimately raocow's decision but i want to see him play as the character he personally enjoys
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

I really don't mind that much who he picks either. It's just that summing up legitimate discussions into "your reasoning is invalid" because of "my girlfriend" isn't a valid reason to me. We got to pick the girl last time, which aligned with popular demand. Let the merits of the choices stand this time.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

ano0maly wrote: 5 years ago It's just that summing up legitimate discussions into "your reasoning is invalid" because of "my girlfriend" isn't a valid reason to me.
What the fuck are you talking about? If the only way you can interpret "let's play as a girl for once" is like that, that's your own problems showing. Nobody even once has suggested this.
Last edited by Leet 5 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Zummorr
Bug Catcher

Post by Zummorr »

This is a raocracy, but if I could vote I'd vote for Ashe, soley because we could count how many times she says booty over the course of the game.
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

Zummorr wrote: 5 years ago This is a raocracy, but if I could vote I'd vote for Ashe, soley because we could count how many times she says booty over the course of the game.
Sadly I think it's all basically in the opening minutes of the game. The rest are less awkward and more in line with what you'd expect from a character of her type.
freshtalk

Post by freshtalk »

You all do my boy dirty. (I don't actually mind *that* much but I feel bad for the amnesiaic reploid all the same.)
Shard1697

Post by Shard1697 »

grey is better than ashe because then prometheus says "defective >:)" a lot
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

I did the same Aile -> Grey deal when I played these a decade ago, so there is a part of me that would like to see the differences with Ashe in action since I've never watched any other playthrough of ZXA myself here. Also helps that she has a bit more personality going for her than Grey, although it is funny hearing X7's VA for Mega Man X as the lead. Probably the same cast overall even if I don't remember all of them.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

sonic.jpg
sonic.jpg (51.42 KiB) Viewed 3022 times
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

What's the difference between the two, and why is it being recommended raocow play Gray because he played Aile in ZX?
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Voltgloss »

SAJewers wrote: 5 years ago What's the difference between the two, and why is it being recommended raocow play Gray because he played Aile in ZX?

Each of the ZX protagonists have a supporting role (perhaps major? I don't know) in ZXA. Which one you get depends on which ZXA protagonist you choose. If you play as Grey, your support is Aile. If you play as Ashe, your support is Vent.

Last edited by Voltgloss 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.