(shouting)

Mega Man - We're Here Forever!

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Re: Mega Man 10 - The Long Goodbye

Post by Ashan »

I love the joke they do with the M/W tank in a flipped level, although I kinda wish they only did it once. I also like the little cough Wily will do throughout the fight. It's a nice touch.

Also Bass was added to the title screen which I don't think you noticed. In one of the X games, didn't you do like a single level as Zero just to demo what his gameplay was like, while not doing a full playthrough? I think that would be an interesting thing to do as Proto Man and Bass, since they are different enough to kinda change how you play. And they are basically treated as equal characters to Mega Man in this game, unlike 9 where Proto Man was a separate game mode.
Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Voltgloss »

Can the DLC levels be played as Proto Man or Bass?
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

not from time attack it seems
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
freshtalk

Post by freshtalk »

You can consider the weapons gained from the special stages to be Mega Man's advantage over the other two characters, though the Legacy edition making them apparently only a thing after beating the game once kind of makes that a moot point, I guess!
Super Maks 64
Just your usual SMW hacker
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Super Maks 64 »

Apparently this is a thing.

Also it's a bit late, but Mega Man 10 actually has 37 challenges that unlike the ones like "Sheep N" have their own little levels to them.
Here's the first one for example
Would it be worth doing a Gaiden with them like you did with Powered Up? My opinion is yes
Rixithechao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BODxOghVmko
First name: Mack
https://rixithechao.talkhaus.com/

Post by Rixithechao »

*Is personally in favor of delayed/no Gaiden if only because of the perfect date the next game would start on*
Delightful Adventure Enhanced is out now!

There's an official ASMT Discord server! Check it out to discuss Demo games and follow their development! thread, invite link

(Entry requires verification, either with a connected Youtube/Twitter/Twitch/etc account or manually by the server staff.)

Itch.io (albums and eventually games), Youtube (dofur pass and I guess other videos)
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Guess now's a good a time as any for me to state my opinion on the upcoming Concrete Man elephant in the room.

I don't think No. 9 is particularly good, but I feel like the game itself gets more hate than it deserves.

Not gonna defend the Kickstarter campaign or the aftermath, though.

Call E for life, baby. You were robbed...

Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Super Llama
Love is stored in the robot

Post by Super Llama »

Grounder wrote: 5 years ago Guess now's a good a time as any for me to state my opinion on the upcoming Concrete Man elephant in the room.

I don't think No. 9 is particularly good, but I feel like the game itself gets more hate than it deserves.

It would've went down in history as just a mediocre score attack game if it wasn't attached to a $4M Kickstarter that all but explicitly hailed it as the successor to Mega Man at a time when the fate of the whole series was uncertain.

I really don't blame anyone for getting more pissed about the end product than they really should've.
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

My only knowledge of the game was LoadingReadyRun streaming a bit of it, and it seemed the level design was ...competent enough? nothing special, but didn't seem bad at all though.

Bosses though, those seems way too frustrating.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
kitikami

Post by kitikami »

I vote for starting the new game on April 1st, but then going back and doing the gaiden challenges as if that one day never happened before continuing so that it looks like a genuine April Fools joke.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Yeah, Mighty No. 9 is better than nearly half the X games to me, but it's totally a bummer for how it turned out since you expected way more from what they did. Doesn't help that Inti Creates had already made a better spiritual successor in Gunvolt prior to that. That's actually something I might want to put in the request grab bag.

Anyhoo, sorry for being late on the whole weakness stuff. If it was already mentioned, then more apologies.

Robot Master Chain: Sheep > Pump > Solar > Chill > Nitro > Commando > Blade > Strike > Sheep

Crab Puncher: Commando Bomb, but a well-placed Thunder Wool shot can tear it apart.

Block Devil: Rebound Striker. Every wall the ball hits off of before hitting the boss adds +1 damage on top of that.

Wily Machine: Solar Blaze for the first phase, Water Shield for the second.

Wily Capsule: Chill Spike as Wily does have a bad fever, after all. His sprite is even sneezing during the fight!
Heavy Sigh

Post by Heavy Sigh »

Fun fact: this whole stage is a remake of Wily stage 1 and 2 in Dr Wily's Revenge!

MEGA MAN KILLER FACTS! ENKER

"Be true to yourself!"

Enker (エンカー Enkā) was the first robot from the "Mega Man Killer" series built by Dr. Wily, the only purpose of which is to destroy Mega Man. His Mirror Buster allows him to absorb shots into his Barrier Spear and fire them back at Mega Man as either small buster shots or large waves, depending on the amount of shots taken.

Enker's only real interest is to destroy Mega Man and not much else beyond that, leaving him with a very cold and gloomy personality. Being a robot built with a Japanese theme, however, he is a profoundly patriotic individual with a strong Japanese spirit, and a liking for New Year's Eve. However, his cold nature makes him somewhat anti-social, and causes him to hang back in the shadows, away from others.

Enker can be difficult to fight, as he is only weak to the Mega Buster. While fighting him, Enker raises his spear to use his Mirror Buster, absorbing attacks used against him to increase the power, speed, and range of his attack. The player has to shoot at him as much as necessary to damage him, then jump above the mirror beam he shoots from his spear to avoid it. After the attack, he will move to the other side of the room by running, jumping twice, or doing one jump to the center and then running. He then repeats this pattern.

In Mega Man 10, Enker inherits the same attacks from his first appearance, but he now moves faster. The Mirror Buster has also become stronger and charges faster, and he occasionally stops in the center of the room. For the first time ever, Enker has also gained a weakness to a Special Weapon: the Ballade Cracker. It defeats him in ten shots.

Trivia
"Enker" is a play on the word "enka", which is a popular Japanese music genre.
Enker's level in Mega Man 10 is a remake of the first and second Wily stages in Mega Man: Dr. Wily's Revenge.
Enker is the only one of the Mega Man Killers to have a playable appearance, being playable in Mega Man's Soccer.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
Filbi
A Hobbit
Pronouns: they/them

Post by Filbi »

I had it in my head that Yoku Man was in Mega Man 10. I completely forgot he was from a fangame. Which raocow already LPed.

I hope raocow LPs Gunvolt someday.
I change this sig every year for Advent
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

I had a hard time with all of these stages. Doing an entire stage on one life is tough, and all of the bosses are pretty tricky to learn. And until you beat one of the stages, special weapons can't help you during the fights, since the ones from the regular game don't do any damage - even if they just did 1 point that could at least let you use a different angle of attack, but that's not an option.

That said, I'm pretty sure I found Enker to be the hardest of the bosses. Hopefully you'll do better against the other two?
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

Wait, do you get the weapon or not
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
freshtalk

Post by freshtalk »

Leet wrote: 5 years ago Wait, do you get the weapon or not
If I remember right, the mirror buster should show up on Mega Man's menu forever on that save file from now on.
Last edited by freshtalk 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

He didn't load a save file though
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Pretty sure he has it for good now. If not, well, oops? We'll find out tonight either way!

The hard part about these special stages is that they're totally going by Game Boy stage difficulty standards, and you only get one life to figure out the level and then the boss. Wish they gave you the usual three lives even if it's a time attack mode.
galrinal

Post by galrinal »

Grounder wrote: 5 years ago Guess now's a good a time as any for me to state my opinion on the upcoming Concrete Man elephant in the room.

I forgot No. 9 even existed until I saw this. Guess we've a bit to go yet.
Shard1697

Post by Shard1697 »

Enemies killing you by bumping into you when walking or jumping always feels bad. I think it would feel a lot better if like, Enker for instance had an animation of holding his sword in front of him when running, or spinning it around when jumping, because then it's like he's attacking you with it, even if the hitboxes were the same. Not just bumbling into you fatally.
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

Filby wrote: 5 years ago I hope raocow LPs Gunvolt someday.
As do I, if only because

those two games are specifically designed to be run through as fast as possible, which is the exact opposite of how he plays a game he doesn't know

Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage