(shouting)

Mega Man - We're Here Forever!

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Super Llama
Love is stored in the robot

Re: Mega Man 10 - The Long Goodbye

Post by Super Llama »

I never noticed that Chill Man's affected by his own ice physics. That's pretty cool.
freshtalk

Post by freshtalk »

I really like Chill Man's design, and his stage theme has a more melancholic mood to it compared to even other ice stages in Mega Man. Chill Spike is the traditional 'awkward' weapon, though that could probably refer to several of the weapons.
Kleetus
Contrary to popular belief, dying is NOT cool.

Post by Kleetus »

Chill spike is a mystery to me. It's primary use is to be used as a trap against ground based enemies that charge/move back and forth, but there are very few enemies like that in the game. Plus there's already a more conventional ground based projectile in the form of wheel cutter. The freezing effect is of limited use because of the projectile's short range, you're better off damaging an enemy from a distance.

It seems chill spike's only purpose was to be Nitro Man's weakness, and be good against some of the foes in his stage.
Stink Terios

Post by Stink Terios »

I found a net trick to deal with Chill Man: Jump over him, them slide backwards while shooting at him and repeat. It's pretty fun!
Heavy Sigh

Post by Heavy Sigh »

That midboss defeat animation is just the best.

ROBOT MASTER FACTS! BLADE MAN!

"Stick around and listen!"

Blade Man (ブレイドマン Bureidoman) is a Robot Master built as a tour guide for a museum. He attacks by throwing volleys of sword-like blades and climbing around quickly between the walls and ceiling, sometimes diving down from the side walls to slash at the player.

Blade Man was the tour guide for an ancient castle before he contracted Roboenza. The castle's lord had a fascination with swords and filled his home with blades of all types, and when he commissioned Blade Man, he specifically insisted that the Robot Master had to be as 'sword-like' as possible. Built to such exacting standards, Blade Man has an encyclopedic knowledge about weapons, especially swords, and can speak on the subject for a very long time. So long, in fact, that many who come on his tours end up falling asleep before the halfway point.

Blade Man jumps around on the walls and ceiling while firing his Triple Blade each time he latches onto a wall. The move can be avoided by jumping between the blades when he fires them from the wall, or staying out of their way when he fires them from the ceiling. The most useful strategy is to run towards him when he latches onto the walls, causing his attack to miss; and when he's on the ceiling, run past him, and he will also miss. If he isn't attacked afterwards, or at rare times, Blade Man will try to divebomb into the player, but that can be avoided by moving out of the way. If the player is right below Blade Man, his divebomb will always miss Mega Man.

On Easy Mode, Blade Man fires two blades instead of three, making the attack easier to avoid.
On Hard Mode, Blade Man fires five blades instead of three, making the attack much harder to avoid when he fires them from the walls. In addition, after divebombing at the player from the walls, he will dash at the player a second time, this can be avoided by jumping over him.

His weakness is the Commando Bomb, but it is tricky to hit him with this, as only the shockwave is able to do meaningful damage to him. If the Commando Bomb is aimed so that it hits the wall right below (or above) him while he is on the wall, the shockwave can hit him a second time, defeating him in the least amount of weapon energy possible. This weapon defeats him in six hits if he is hit by the shockwave, or fourteen hits if he is directly hit by the missile.

Proto Man can defeat Blade Man quicker, as he can use his shield to block Blade Man's Triple Blade if timed correctly.
Bass can also defeat Blade Man quicker due to his ability to fire multidirectional shots.

Trivia
Blade Man's weakness to the Commando Bomb is a reference to the phrase "bringing a knife to a gunfight"; bladed and edged weapons are widely considered inferior to modern-day firearms.
Prior to its release, Nintendo held a contest for Mega Man 6 for two of the eight Robot Masters to be put into the game (the results being Knight Man and Wind Man). A Blade Man was one of the submitted robot masters, and shares a very strong resemblance to this one in Mega Man 10.

Seen here:

Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Next time: One of the Mega Man Killers!

Not Quint, though. Time Man ate him for lunch, or something. :toaster:
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Kleetus

Post by Kleetus »

Heavy Sigh wrote: when he commissioned Blade Man, he specifically insisted that the Robot Master had to be as 'sword-like' as possible.
There's robot masters that you look at and think; "Why would anyone build a robot like this?" I love how the Blade Man's cumbersome and dangerous design is explained in that his master is a wealthy eccentric.
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

I love the music in this level. Also good job on figuring out the pattern. He's secretly pretty easy once you get that down, but if you don't it can get messy.
CrappyBlueLuigi
pants are a tool of oppression
First name: Crepe
Pronouns: she/they

Post by CrappyBlueLuigi »

oh dang,

enker

is gonna be the 600th mega man!
someday, when i'm bigger,
i'm gonna be just like my mama!
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

Good LORD did you cream Blade Man fast. I have the most insane trouble with him because I just could not figure out how to even approach dodging his stuff yet, and there you are, doing it effortlessly on the second try.

Never claim you're bad at bosses again, raocow!
Super Llama
Love is stored in the robot

Post by Super Llama »

Okay, so now that we've gotten to this point I can say why Mega Man 10 has the biggest Idiot Plot in the entire series.

By now, the player expects everyone to be overly trusting of Wily for no real reason, so that's not much of a surprise, except that the one person you expect in that scenario to NOT be an idiot, is ALSO an idiot. Seriously, Wily's entire master plan hinges on mass producing a cure for the virus he made, but he claims that he hasn't even started working on it until recently, which means that he didn't think to start stocking up the cure, or possibly didn't even think to start working on the cure in the first place, until weeks AFTER the virus was unleashed.

And then there's Roll, who's actions could've been understandable if she was specifically holding onto her cure just in case Mega Man got infected, but instead just held onto it for no real reason other than the plot dictated that she has to.

Literally EVERYONE IN MEGA MAN 10 is a complete moron.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

there are three different songs in today's level and they all rule
most levels only get two at best!
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Mineyl

Post by Mineyl »

I know this makes no sense, but my first time through Megaman 10, I was secretly hoping that Roll was going to be the villain, both as a callback to Protoman in 5 and tying roboenza with the maverick virus in the X series. Her being the first robot we see displaying symptoms set this expectation up well, but as I've learned, fan theories exist to be inevitably dashed by creators.

Anyway, happy 600th episode! Megaman 10 might have my most favorite Wily Castle in the series. All of the music here is really good, especially the themes of the first three stages, and the Weapons Archive may very well be my most favorite Wily stage boss ever. I mean yeah, it's technically a spin-off of the robot master refights, but the last time we got any robot master cross-contamination on this scale was in Megaman 3, and it was fun getting momentarily owned by boss patterns I thought I knew all over again. Also liked seeing Capcom's official take on 8-bit versions of Slashman and Frostman there.
raocow wrote:I don't know what it means, but you're screaming at me and I'm used to that.
Super Maks 64
Just your usual SMW hacker
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Super Maks 64 »

"Hey guys, I think you forgot about the Stardroids, King's Robot Masters and the Dimensions"

Also that beginning of Wily 2 does slightly remind me of Bowser Valley Fortress (left) from Hyper Mari World 6 (the great music from Wily 2 was used in Left-Side Barrier Tower and Right-Side Barrier Tower however)
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Have to like how a milestone episode actually played up to the whole series by having you fight bosses from the other nine numbered classic games. All of them have weaknesses, too, and the majority of them all play up to what they were in their original games.

Elec - Wheel Cutter (Rolling Cutter)
Wood - Triple Blade (Metal Blade... even though he's more weak to Atomic Fire.)
Gemini - Wheel Cutter (Search Snake)
Ring - Solar Blaze (Pharaoh Shot)
Napalm - Rebound Striker (Crystal Eye)
Flame - Water Shield (Wind Storm... Wait, this doesn't match up at all.)
Slash - Chill Spike (Freeze Cracker)
Frost - Commando Bomb (Flash Bomb)
Tornado - Thunder Wool (Plug Ball)

And yeah, you can use things like Water Shield, Commando Bomb, Triple Blade or whatever to destroy those mines and not get hit. Probably just a mental hiccup, but it was a funny one!
Shard1697

Post by Shard1697 »

Super Llama wrote: 5 years ago Okay, so now that we've gotten to this point I can say why Mega Man 10 has the biggest Idiot Plot in the entire series.

By now, the player expects everyone to be overly trusting of Wily for no real reason, so that's not much of a surprise, except that the one person you expect in that scenario to NOT be an idiot, is ALSO an idiot. Seriously, Wily's entire master plan hinges on mass producing a cure for the virus he made, but he claims that he hasn't even started working on it until recently, which means that he didn't think to start stocking up the cure, or possibly didn't even think to start working on the cure in the first place, until weeks AFTER the virus was unleashed.

And then there's Roll, who's actions could've been understandable if she was specifically holding onto her cure just in case Mega Man got infected, but instead just held onto it for no real reason other than the plot dictated that she has to.

Literally EVERYONE IN MEGA MAN 10 is a complete moron.
it's a saturday morning cartoon
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Shard1697 wrote: 5 years agoit's a saturday morning cartoon
Even Ash "Idiot Ball" Ketchum ain't quite this stupid.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

Does Wily taking his time to make the cure really actually matter if it isn't detrimental to his hypothetical success. This sounds like zetta splitting hairs
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

He's like the Joker, he doesn't really have an end goal in mind, he just gets off on fucking with people.
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

Also good music again. And cool boss fight
CrappyBlueLuigi
pants are a tool of oppression
First name: Crepe
Pronouns: she/they

Post by CrappyBlueLuigi »

CrappyBlueLuigi wrote: 5 years ago oh dang,

enker

well! i was wrong, but this is a pretty cool 600th mega man, too. i love the unique atmosphere in this level and the creative boss fight. it's by far one of my favorite parts of mega man 10.
someday, when i'm bigger,
i'm gonna be just like my mama!
Awoo
~wan~wan
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Mega Man 10 - The Medium Goodbye

Post by Awoo »

CrappyBlueLuigi wrote: 5 years ago
CrappyBlueLuigi wrote: 5 years ago oh dang,

enker

well! i was wrong, but this is a pretty cool 600th mega man, too. i love the unique atmosphere in this level and the creative boss fight. it's by far one of my favorite parts of mega man 10.
It's pretty neat seeing MM7 and 8 bosses in 8-bit, for sure

any guesses how much longer ATMM will go?
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

INCOMING BEST SONG IN THE GAME NEXT VIDEO HELL YEAH
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Kleetus

Post by Kleetus »

raocow has it backwards, Wily and Light don't dye their eyebrows black, they dye their hair and beards white to appear older, and thus smarter.

Even though MM10 is the only megaman I've played, I though Wily archive was pretty cool.
Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: liv/livvy
Pronouns: she/her
https://blivsey.talkhaus.com/

Post by Blivsey »

Don't you love it when you see the first screen of a level and groan from bad memories?

Lots of spikes and pits in this stage, plus a fun "here's a midpoint BEFORE the most irritating midboss in the game so you have to fight it every time you die in the second half" setup.
convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes