(shouting)

Mega Man - We're Here Forever!

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Grounder

Re: Mega Man 10 - The Long Goodbye

Post by Grounder »

i feel like the shield in this game works best as a semi-offensive weapon
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
freshtalk

Post by freshtalk »

Power Stone is back and better than ever
Heavy Sigh

Post by Heavy Sigh »

Strong showing from Strike Man for the first inning, but Team raocow managed to pull through in the second inning!

ROBOT MASTER FACTS! STRIKE MAN!

"Why'd you even bring the bat?"

Strike Man (ストライクマン Sutoraiku Man) is a Robot Master made for batting practice. He can attack by throwing a powerful fastball, as well as by spinning and bouncing himself around like a ball.

He was built as a batting-practice robot for a stadium, however his programming was lousy right from the start. For reasons known only to his designer, Strike Man is both capable of throwing every pitch imaginable, and becoming extremely enraged when too many of them are hit. In fact, he was scheduled for a complete overhaul after he purposely hit a promising batter that he disliked with a very powerful fastball, breaking their arm and sending them to the hospital. However, Roboenza put a stop to that idea, and now the whole stadium is his personal strike zone.

In battle, Strike Man starts off by jumping and throwing a Rebound Striker at the player, which bounces six times before it disappears and dealing extra damage for each bounce it takes, from a minimum of two HP if it hits Mega Man head-on, and up to seven HP if it hits on the last rebound. Depending on the jump he makes is the direction at which he will throw the fastball; a short hop means he will throw the fastball at Mega Man, and a high jump means he will throw it diagonally. The fastball also homes in on Mega Man as it bounces from the ceiling, but can be avoided by stepping out of the way.

After throwing the fastball, Strike Man will turn into a ball himself, rolling and bouncing around twice, invincible while doing so. If he makes a low bounce, he will follow with a higher one. If he makes a high bounce, he will follow up with a low, long one. He alternates between these two bouncing patterns, first one then the other he didn't make. Both can be avoided by passing below him and running towards the side of the arena Mega Man has more space to maneuver. He will then repeat this strategy.

On Easy mode, his Rebound Striker is slower and bounces one less time, making it weaker and easier to avoid.
On Hard mode, he no longer alternates between bouncing patterns, meaning he can do consecutive low-high bounces or high-long bounces at any moment after throwing the Rebound Striker. His fastball also bounces one more time, increasing its total power to eight HP. He also gains a new special attack in which he jumps to the middle of the room and begins to spin around horizontally, tossing four Rebound Strikers at a time. This can be avoided by going to the side he was facing before starting the attack, and jumping over the third fastball he throws. Once he lands, he is dizzy for a brief moment.

His weakness is the Triple Blade: it can destroy the Rebound Striker, hit him while in the air before throwing the fastball to the ground, and can also hit him with up to two blades at close range for double damage. It defeats him in seven blades. He also takes slightly more damage than usual from the Wheel Cutter and Mirror Buster.

Mega Man (Archie Comics)

Strike Man appeared during the Worlds Collide crossover arc between Archie's Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe, and Mega Man comic series in StH #250. During the Robot Master battle, Sonic managed to dodge a thrown ball by Strike Man, and gave the robot a look of disbelief , with Strike Man looking down in shame in response.

Trivia
Due to color limitations, his chest crystals are orange in his sprite, when they are green in his official work.
Strike Man appeared in "MAD's Guide to Video Game Cheats" on an episode of Cartoon Network's MAD.
Strike Man bears a striking resemblance to Blizzard Man, as both have a round body, both lack a face (they have black slits with eyes in them), both can perform an attack involving turning into a ball and bouncing, and both are sports-themed.
Strike Man's weakness to the Triple Blade is a reference to the baseball phrase, "Three strikes and you're out!"
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
Awoo
~wan~wan
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: béisbol

Post by Awoo »

béisbol

Fidel Castro jugando béisbol

Last edited by Awoo 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
FourteenthOrder
(zeal on discord)
Pronouns: she/her

Post by FourteenthOrder »

Seriously this stage's sports theme is so unique, I love it.
Awoo
~wan~wan
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Mega Man 10 - Outrage

Post by Awoo »

raocow Finally plays Megaman Soccer!
...but not really because it's just Strike Man's stage!

If Strike Man were in a Yakuza film:
graphic content, R-rated plz don't bully

ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
kitikami

Post by kitikami »

I've actually fought Strike Man before. He used to hang out in a cage behind the bowling alley in the town where I grew up.

Super Llama
Love is stored in the robot

Post by Super Llama »

Perfect music for the big baseketfootfootball game
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

Probably my least favorite stage in the game. Every enemy in it irks me in a unique way. I can't even quite put my finger on it, but it all feels so...micro-managey, like you always have to just sit tight and deal with this situation right now, as if every room is its own mini-boss. Of course, there's two of them in the level anyway, and they're a nightmare with the buster.

Strike Man himself I'm also really bad at, because I'm shit at predicting bounces, and then at the end he just decides that the rules of "physics" don't apply anymore and it just homes straight for you. And deals a shitload of damage. Not a (sports) fan.
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Mineyl

Post by Mineyl »

Oh man, the irony of watching raocow actively try to avoid the spiked soccer balls, not knowing that the hurt boxes are literally the spikes themselves and not the whole ball, making it really easy to jump on and over them. I say irony because poor raocow's mentioned several times how the hitboxes on spikes are unrealistic, and here we have a game that actually took that into consideration but raocow decided to play it safe because it's so ingrained to avoid anything even remotely spiky in 2D games.

Not that I fault the poor cow for all of that or anything. I very likely did the same when I first played. :)
raocow wrote:I don't know what it means, but you're screaming at me and I'm used to that.
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

As everyone said, the music in this stage is cool. I really like when it just casually transitions into peppy stadium music that doesn't really fit with the rest of the song, but it works! It's a hard track to forget.

raocow really struggled on those flying soccer balls that are not really that difficult. I'm not even talking about the spiked ones, it's understandable to think they'd be instant death and have larger hit boxes than what it looks like. But I don't know what was going on in that room with the single baseball thrower, health-up, and 2 soccer balls.

Strike Man can be tricky, but also fun when you get into the groove of it, which I think raocow did by the end.
Super Llama wrote: 5 years ago [sports video]

Perfect music for the big baseketfootfootball game
You gotta link the music video!
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

(I wonder if a talkhaus fantasy football league would take)
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Can we make it fantasy hockey instead? Anyway, Strike Man's level is fun, and you can jump around the spikes on top of the soccer ball rocket things to not get hurt. Pump Man's level is also good, clean (as clean as that water can be anyway) fun.
Heavy Sigh

Post by Heavy Sigh »

I guess it makes sense raocow would speed through the highway stage.

ROBOT MASTER FACTS! NITRO MAN!

"I've always got one more trick."

Nitro Man (ニトロマン Nitoro Man) is a Robot Master made for stuntwork. He can transform into a motorcycle and release several Wheel Cutters, his main weapon.

Before contracting a severe case of road rage thanks to Roboenza, Nitro Man worked as both a stunt robot and stunt driver in movies and TV shows the world over. He is bold and more than willing to do whatever stunts he is asked, regardless of the risks. Nitro Man is also the president of a robot stunt club, which has sixty members and their own newsletter.

In battle, Nitro Man rides around in his bike mode and tries to ram into the player. Afterwards, he will perform a wheelie, ride up the wall, change back into his normal mode, and fire Wheel Cutters. Nitro Man will also throw several Wheel Cutters while on the ground.

On Easy Mode, he only throws one Wheel Cutter at a time and never performs wheelies; the player should just keep jumping and they should not be hit if careful.

On Hard Mode, his bike mode is extremely fast and he does several donuts before zooming across the room.

Chill Spike works best against Nitro Man, since the shot will freeze him (and force him to restart his attack pattern) and the spikes both destroy Wheel Cutters and do heavy damage to him.

Mega Man (Archie Comics)

Nitro Man made a brief appearance in Sonic the Hedgehog #250, where he is chasing after Sonic along with Quick Man, Turbo Man, Metal Man, Charge Man, and Slash Man. The group ended up in a pile after Sonic tripped Quick Man, who caused his fellow Robot Masters to stumble.

Trivia
Nitro Man is the only Robot Master in Mega Man 10 to not enter the boss room from the ceiling. Instead, he rides in from the left of the screen in his motorcycle form to the right, then stops and transforms into his humanoid form.
His stage music was featured in the first Mega Man 10 trailer.
Nitro Man's weakness to the Chill Spike is because Chill Spike is both a spike strip as well as an icy floor, both things responsible for a great deal of motorcycle accidents.
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer

Post by Kilgamayan »

Bean wrote: 5 years ago Can we make it fantasy hockey instead?
I mean I'm up for fantasy any-of-the-four-major-United-States-sports tbh

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Kleetus
Contrary to popular belief, dying is NOT cool.

Post by Kleetus »

raocow must be reading old issues of Nintendo power because they also thought Nitro Man looked like a Go-Bot.

Riding on the trucks in this level is great, it's like, "yeah, I'm a action movie star". Which I guess makes sense considering Nitro Man's backstory.

You can hold wheel cutter and use it as a melee weapon or to climb wall, while using the weapon this way is not practical it does look VERY cool and sometimes that's more important.

Fearing for the worst, Dr.Light locks the broom closet knowing well that if Roll's roboenza advances to the next stage she will declare herself "Clean Woman" and launch a hygienic well organized assault against humanity.
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Kleetus wrote: 5 years agoshe will declare herself "Clean Woman" and launch a hygienic well organized assault against humanity.
STERILIZE THE VIRUS THAT IS HUMANITY! ERADICATE THE PLAGUE OF HUMAN SOCIETY!
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer

Post by Kilgamayan »

raoguy shouting that number is extremely not PG

there are children watching

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

Nitro Man has fantastic music and a pretty fun stage and a pretty fun boss fight. I like this stage! That is all!
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

the single most useless weapon in the game :ehh:
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
Heavy Sigh

Post by Heavy Sigh »

raocow, those aren't robot mountains! Those are robot icebergs, because Chill Man was made to combat global warming!

ROBOT MASTER FACTS! CHILL MAN!

"TIME FOR A COLD SNAP!"

Chill Man (チルドマン Chirudoman, "Chilled Man") is a Robot Master built to combat global warming and protect wildlife. He can shoot icy projectiles toward his targets which can freeze them.

Before contracting ‘’Roboenza’’, Chill Man's primary job as an arctic natural observation robot was to stop glacial melting caused by global warming, as well as protect polar wildlife. He enjoys photography and uses photos of the grand natural wonders in the arctic to raise awareness on the Internet of the importance of nature.

In battle, Chill Man runs and slides around firing his Chill Spike in order to either get you to run into the spikes or to freeze you so he can jump on you.

On Easy Mode, Chill Man only fires one Chill Spike at the ground toward you.

On Normal Mode, Chill Man fires two Chill Spikes, one toward the ground near you and one higher toward you which will hit the wall if evaded.

On Hard Mode, Chill Man often fires three Chill Spikes instead of two when using it. He also has a new attack which has him jump to the top middle of the room and creates five Chill Spikes in a semicircle around him.

Solar Blaze is best against him as it can melt the Chill Spike and still hit him.

Mega Man (Archie Comics)

Chill Man appears in the Archie Comics Mega Man series, debuting in the Worlds Collide arc as part of the Robot Master army. He fared poorly during the battle, getting the crystal around his head shattered by Knuckles the Echidna.

Trivia
Chill Man and Pump Man are the only Robot Masters in Mega Man 10 to have faces, as the others just have black slits with eyes.
Chill Man's name is written as "Chilled Man" in Japanese, but his name is written as Chill Man in the Japanese version of the game, done to conserve space in the stage selection menu.
Chill Man's pose for Mega Man 10 artwork is very similar to Tornado Man's pose for Mega Man 9 artwork, only with his hands in different positions.
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer

Post by Kilgamayan »

It's not Chill-no, it's Chee-roo-no.

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

this level and boss are both really unmemorable, no interesting gimmicks, very straightforward boss. i've played this game and i don't even remember any of this at all lol
i've honestly never played a video game in my life