(shouting)

Mega Man - We're Here Forever!

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Mineyl

Re: Mega Man 9 - Retro Reboot

Post by Mineyl »

It's okay to suck against Magmaman, raocow. He was the only robot master I dreaded facing every time I would make an attempt at the Mr. Perfect challenge (this is where you beat the entire game without getting hit). While his weakness kills him quickly, you've gotta' be on point to get under those short hops since he gets across the room so quickly, meaning you'll nearly always have to go under him at least once. Having to do it so many times in a row means someone's just bound to take damage.
raocow wrote:I don't know what it means, but you're screaming at me and I'm used to that.
Shard1697

Post by Shard1697 »

Magma man is indeed just legit hard. He's fairly tanky, his pattern covers a lot of space and he's hard to read.
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

Shopkeeper Roll has a bizarrely unfriendly attitude.
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Awoo
~wan~wan
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Mega Man 9 - Retro Roll

Post by Awoo »

So you can only use Eddie and Beat once? That's... lame.

Does the Roll costume thingy allow you to basically play as Roll? Neat if that's the case, at least. Hairstyle thing just allows you to have a helmet-less Megaman right? :absorbtion:
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

I don't remember ever using them myself, but it seems likely that Eddie and Beat return to the shop after use, if only because they make absolutely no sense as only-one-time-ever items.
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.

Post by Voltgloss »

You can also have up to three Beat calls stockpiled at once.
AuraLancer
AKA Uncle Aura

Post by AuraLancer »

You're supposed to start with Splash Woman? I find Spaceman Joe to be a much better starting point.
Paragraph

Re: Mega Man 9 - Retro Roll

Post by Paragraph »

Awoo wrote: 5 years ago So you can only use Eddie and Beat once? That's... lame.

Does the Roll costume thingy allow you to basically play as Roll? Neat if that's the case, at least. Hairstyle thing just allows you to have a helmet-less Megaman right? :absorbtion:
It literally only changes how Roll looks in the shop menu, you can't play as her. Also, it's not "just" helmetless, but it's been (rightfully) spoiled before what else happens so I'll keep mum.
AuraLancer wrote: You're supposed to start with Splash Woman? I find Spaceman Joe to be a much better starting point.
"Supposed" is a strong word, because you're actually "supposed" to find a stage you're most comfortable with to beat and work your way up from there, so you didn't do anything "wrong". But she's for sure a good starting point, because her stage doesn't really profit from you having weapons, isn't particularly hard, and she takes double damage from the buster.
Kincyr
HONK!

Post by Kincyr »

AuraLancer wrote: 5 years ago You're supposed to start with Splash Woman? I find Spaceman Joe to be a much better starting point.
Spaceman Joe was the first MM9 Robot Master I defeated. happened to get the achievement for beating him with no damage too since his patterns are pretty easy to dodge once you learn them
Last edited by Kincyr 5 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

I really tried my best to just get raocow to buy the Roll item and see for himself what it does but yall just seem to want to spoil the joke
Kincyr
HONK!

Post by Kincyr »

Ashan wrote: 5 years ago I really tried my best to just get raocow to buy the Roll item and see for himself what it does but yall just seem to want to spoil the joke
sorry for that. hopefully, raocow didn't see it before I spoiler'd it. outright removed it because it was covered 2 pages ago ::doublefacepalm::
Awoo
~wan~wan

Re: Mega Man 9 - Robo Rickroll

Post by Awoo »

Galaxy Man totally reminds me of Astro Man from Megaman 8. It's like a retro throwback to a game that was previous to this game in the series (at least numerically, not counting things like Megaman & Bass and Challenger From the Future) that's still retro if nothing else than the years between the two.

I wish they did include more of the things from 8 into this, if nothing else just the ability to slide slide. nyoro~n

lol how i edited the subject line
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Heavy Sigh

Post by Heavy Sigh »

ROBOT MASTER FACTS!

Galaxy Man (ギャラクシーマン Gyarakushīman) is a Robot Master modeled after the popular image of a 'flying saucer' commonly used by aliens in media. Dr. Light created him to work in a space research center where it was his job to instantly calculate the trajectories for rockets. He loves to observe stars and name any new ones that he finds. He has the ability to alter gravity's effect on him to fly small distances, retracting his arms and legs when he does so, and is also capable of very short range teleportation. As a consequence of the systems installed in him to fly and teleport, Galaxy Man constantly changes colors. His Special Weapon, the Black Hole Bomb, can be used to suck enemies into a black hole or drain certain enemies' health. He also gives tours of his workplace to schoolchildren, though he complains intensely if the children are not as interested in space as he is.

Galaxy Man begins battle by hovering toward the player, dealing contact damage to Mega Man if he does not move quickly enough. He then jumps in the air and fires a Black Hole Bomb where the player is standing, then teleports under the black hole. If Mega Man collides with Galaxy Man, he will take damage. He then teleports back in the ceiling, then he lands and tries to attack Mega Man again.

If Concrete Shot has been obtained earlier, it can be used to neutralize the Black Hole Bomb. Galaxy Man will then be vulnerable as he will still teleport to where the bomb would have exploded, but he will just stand there and there will be nothing to pull Mega Man towards him.

Archie Comics

The Worlds Collide crossover from Archie Comics featured Galaxy Man as part of a Robot Master army assembled by Drs. Wily and Eggman to battle a force of heroes led by Mega Man and Sonic the Hedgehog. However, he proved no match for the Blue Blur.

Trivia
Galaxy Man was once called Space Man, and some of his earlier designs includes a more humanoid form and a golden UFO theme.
Strangely, Galaxy Man's eyes are green in his mugshot, but red in his artwork and white/silver on his sprite. His mugshot also shows a glowing green circle (ear area) in the middle of his head, supposedly on both sides, not present in any other artwork or sprite.
His eyes are a digital display, resembling Astro Man’s eyes, and they are both space-themed Robot Masters.
Galaxy Man, alongside the Rainbow Devil, are the only bosses whose sprites constantly change color.
Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: liv/livvy
Pronouns: she/her
https://blivsey.talkhaus.com/

Post by Blivsey »

Galaxy Man is one of the jammin-est jams in the classic series in my opinion

it's just so boppy and fun
convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes
FourteenthOrder
(zeal on discord)

Post by FourteenthOrder »

Yeah, no, the weapons in this game are probably my favorite set in the whole series, like, not even just classic, the whole Mega Man series. They've all got their uses and are just fun to play around with. But the fact that you can't switch between them with the shoulder buttons forces a lot of menuing and is just plain annoying, but retrooooo. I'm glad 10 is less committed to perfectly imitating the NES and brings that back.
Kincyr
HONK!

Re: Mega Man 9 - Robo Rickroll

Post by Kincyr »

Awoo wrote: 5 years ago --Roboroll--
I like this one better:
CrappyBlueLuigi
pants are a tool of oppression
First name: Crepe
Pronouns: she/they

Post by CrappyBlueLuigi »

i'm late to making this comment but magma man's stage has the most forgettable theme in mm9's ost imo. i dunno what it is, it's just really uninteresting

meanwhile galaxy man's stage theme Rules and i could listen to it for a very long time probably
someday, when i'm bigger,
i'm gonna be just like my mama!
freshtalk

Post by freshtalk »

I love Magma Man's stage theme! If there's any one that I tend to forget the sound of, it's Plug Man's.

Also all in all, MM9 has my favourite overall soundtrack of the Classic series.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

I've honestly never found mega man music that remarkable

Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
CrappyBlueLuigi
pants are a tool of oppression
First name: Crepe
Pronouns: she/they

Post by CrappyBlueLuigi »

ah. well. i'm sorry to tell you this but manami matsumae is on her way to smash your door in and probably berate you or something, and not pay for your door repair

someday, when i'm bigger,
i'm gonna be just like my mama!
Shard1697

Post by Shard1697 »

do do do dodo-dododo, do-do-do do-do-DO
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

Another stage and boss I like a lot. As shown, Galaxy Man himself is pretty easy, but I still like how you kinda have to use the rubber-band horizontal homing of the black hole to swing it as far away from you as you can before it gets to the ground, and the further away you can swing it the more shots you can get in on that cycle.
Heavy Sigh

Post by Heavy Sigh »

ROBOT MASTER FACTS! TORNADO MAN!

"Today's forecast: Devastation"

Tornado Man (トルネードマン Torunēdo Man) is a Robot Master created by Dr. Light to take a direct hand in controlling the weather, and his job had him stationed at a weather regulation facility. Dr. Light equipped him with powerful air turbines as the fans attached to his arms, allowing him to redirect tropical storms by creating tornadoes. He also has the ability to generate a localized tornado around himself for personal transport, an ability he retains even if all his fans are damaged.

Tornado Man will often stay airborne while using his Tornado Blow, which consists of four gusts traveling upwards across the screen. During this attack, Mega Man's jump height will be increased. The player should watch out for this, since there are spike traps in the ceiling which Mega Man could bang his head on.

Tornado Man can be damaged easily with Plug Ball. Even though he stays airborne most of the time, he will frequently stay by the ceiling, allowing his weakness to reach him by running up the walls and along the ceiling.

Archie Comics

Like most of the Robot Masters from the classic Mega Man series, Tornado Man made an early appearance in the Archie Mega Man comic in the Worlds Collide crossover event. In an altered reality created by Dr. Wily and Dr. Eggman firing off the Genesis Wave using the power of the Chaos Emeralds, Tornado Man served as part of their Robot Master army. He and his brothers engaged Mega Man, Sonic the Hedgehog, and their allies in battle, with Tornado Man and several other flying Robot Masters ganging up on Tails. All of these Robot Masters were later returned to their proper places in reality by Super Mega Man.

Trivia

During production, Tornado Man was originally going be called Weather Man (ウェザーマン) and his design was based around a weather satellite. His weapon was named Hurricane Blow. Also, other earlier artworks show him with jet turbines on his shoulders.
Tornado Man has a noticeable thematic resemblance to Harpuia, from the Mega Man Zero series, due to his colors and fighting style. His design however is strongly similar to Quick Man, sharing nearly identical torso, helmet and leg designs.
Since the game mimics NES limitations, Tornado Man's eyes are green in his mugshot, when they are actually blue in the artwork.
His stage music was featured in the first Mega Man 9 trailer.
Isrieri
Creatively Bankrupt
Pronouns: Male

Post by Isrieri »

MM9 definitely has good music. I personally like 10's stages the best, but 9 may have the single best stage select track.