(shouting)

Mega Man - We're Here Forever!

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
xnamkcor

Re: Mega Man ZX Advent - The Last Mega Man

Post by xnamkcor »

raocow wrote: 5 years ago I mean, strictly speaking youtube is pretty good at remembering where you left off :(
Not as good as MX Player, but it has improved over the last 5 years.

PS: The book he is holding is The Holo Bible.
You cannot add yourself to the friends list.
You cannot add yourself to the foes list.
Heavy Sigh

Post by Heavy Sigh »

in today's episode, raocow ignores the entire gimmick of the final boss and simply sabers it to death like the EDGEBOY he is.

MAVERICK FACTS! MASTER ALBERT

Master Albert (マスター・アルバート) is the main antagonist of Mega Man ZX Advent. He was formerly one of the Sage Trinity, the proclaimed masters of the world in charge of the world government, Legion, but betrayed them to speed up his centuries-long plan by collecting all of the fragments of Biometal Model W to "reset the world".

Albert tends to be gentle, mature, and relaxed, but wishes to recreate the world so life may progress; however, he believes that the world must be cleansed of its deficiencies by destroying all life on it, or being "reset", in order to restore balance to its imperfect state. He is a smart, calm, and intelligent man, but at the same time, utterly evil. He was the "certain man who created Model W" that Prairie mentioned. He acts rather disappointed to his "son" Grey, constantly calling him a "defective," but is more sympathetic towards Ashe, showing her far more respect (even expressing some regret towards having to kill Ashe prior to their battle).

Albert was born shortly before the Ragnarok incident, and spent most of his youth in service to research and improving the lives of humans and Reploids. However, one day Albert came across an undisturbed piece of Ragnarok's wreckage. His curiosity roused by the twisted fusion of man and machine, he began to study it, finding that even though Weil's mind was gone, his hatred and disgust for all life still persisted in the wreckage. Albert took no precautions, foolishly believing himself superior to the monstrous creation even as it corrupted his mind. Thus, he began the construction of Model W, using small parts of the original wreckage as the 'core' of each model. Already envisioning himself altering the world with such power, he locked it with his own DNA code to prevent anyone else from utilizing its full power.

Around this point in his life, he met up with two other revolutionary scientists, Thomas and Mikhail, and formed the Sage Trinity. At this point, the three had their bodies enhanced with cybernetic implants to further increase their lifespans; however, Albert, realizing that his body was not capable of controlling the full power of Model W without extensive modification, sealed himself away, transferring his mind into an older, taller-looking version of himself. In this form he copied his DNA into the survivors of Maverick raids, reasoning that only those who had experienced such suffering were suitable to feed Model W.

Albert created Model W for the purpose of bringing flesh and machine together to create a new, superior form of life, a form much like Weil's fusion with Ragnarok. However, Albert's careless experiments allowed Ciel to discover the existence of Model W and thus create six Biometals to fight against it. Unable to directly move against her, he instead co-opted Ciel's Biometals into his plan, calling it the 'Game of Destiny'. To ensure that his Game of Destiny would be played out, he created the Reploid siblings Prometheus and Pandora to identify Mega Men and drag them into the fight. He attempted to convince them to work for him until they escaped, at which point he simply recaptured them and altered their lifespans, trading efficiency for secure control.

However, he still had no intention of allowing anyone other than himselfto truly control Model W, so he created a spare clone of himself: Grey, whom he refers to as the "other him". As another contingency plan, he made certain that his family line continued to serve as a pure biological match, which ended up being Ashe. Both were suitable for an additional Biometal he created (its construction sacrificing an ancient and irreplaceable piece of technology known as a Copy Chip), Model A, which possessed powers similar to Model W but were inferior in comparison. As they would fight the other Mega Men, they would unlock hidden ciphers programmed to release data upon their defeat that reveals his plans, and if Model A had not been damaged during its excavation, brainwash them at the same time to hold the views of Albert.

Attacks

A-Trans: Albert is able to change his forms through the power of Model W using 'the real A-Trans' (Shin Trans-On in Japanese). In addition, he can also reincarnate/revive those who were absorbed into Model W.

Throne

Not a form he takes, but rather his throne transforms into a three-headed dragon Mechaniloid. In this form, Albert attacks with a predominately ranged strategy. When the dragon has taken enough damage, all three heads will separate from the body and attack. while the headless necks fire homing missiles.
Phase 1

Thunder Beam: Fires a ground-ripping energy sphere that lifts boulders from the ground and hurls them into the air
Ground Fire: Fires napalm rounds that only damage the enemy once making contact with the floor
Head Scrap: Extending the middle head across the screen, dragging it back along the ground by the horn
Dimensional Holes: Tears two holes in space, a black hole and white hole: Anything sucked into the black hole takes damage and returns to the normal dimension through the white hole.

Phase 2

Missile Barrage: Summons couple of missiles from the three headless necks.
Spark Shots: All three separated heads fire multiple spark shots.

The Ultimate Mega Man

An array of ten "Bits" form around Albert, forming six wings, a halo and a long blade-like 'tail', giving the impression of a Seraph. The Bits also generate a protective forcefield around his body to shield him from damage. In addition to this, Albert uses the Bits in varying formations to perform a wide variety of attacks. Many of these are derivatives of the other Mega Men's signature attacks, during which the Bits glow with the corresponding color. When his shield is down, he is free to use all ten Bits to perform his more devastating attacks.

Shielded Phase
Homing Laser: Locking targets and fires with homing shot many times, with increasing density and lastly can decimate the enemy. A homage of Model A.
Plasma Storms: Summons two massive Plasma Cyclones of Model H, seamlessly moving toward and away from the player.
Cross Blades: Throws Model P's Cross Star that spins at the lowest line.
Tail Pressure: Extends his tail and flies towards the player, heavily scratching the ground, and flies back up after going across the whole screen. Taken from Prometheus.

Shieldless Phase

Teleportation: Taken from Pandora, Albert can teleport to any location on the battlefield.
Time Bomb: Used only to cancel the effect if the player uses it. Taken from Chronoforce.
Diamond Dragons: Stronger version of Model L, summons two frozen dragons that travel travel up and down in Falcon Armor's Giga Attack manner.
Earth Breaker: Hits the ground with a flame ball that results in constantly sprouting flames from the ground. Taken from Model F.
Absolute Blade: Creates a giant V-shaped Model Z's saber that slashes with extreme force down to the player.
Infinite Cannon: Summons two ring-shaped circles that shoot sweeping laser symmetrically, taken from Model X.

It should be noted that Albert can perform all of his attacks, both copied and original, in his own transformed state, whereas Mega Man Model A must take the form of the attack's original user. In this regard, Albert's abilities are more like those of Mega Man X, which gives another kind of significance to the title of "Ultimate Mega Man".

Trivia
Albert has the same first name as Dr. Wily, as a homage to the classic series. However, his plan and several personality traits also mirror the Resident Evil villain Albert Wesker, of whom he also shares the initials A.W.
Albert manipulates machinery in battle to attack his opponent, much like Dr. Wily, whereas most other Mega Men rely heavily on direct physical combat and more conventional weaponry like swords and guns.
Albert has the highest amount of health when combining all the health bars of all his forms for any final boss in any Mega Man game. Albert has a total of 486 units of health for just his first form. Combined with another 2 life bars for his final form (32 units each), he has a total of 550 units of health throughout all his forms. Omega has the second highest amount of health, having 9 life bars for a total of 288 units of health.
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

raocow, if you're going to potentially play Ashe in the future, then don't play the extra "Mega Man a" game. You can't even play the whole thing until you clear Hard Mode, since one stage in it doesn't unlock until you have a clear save for Hard.

Alternatively, ask for someone's Hard Mode save. It will let you play all the stages.
Shard1697

Post by Shard1697 »

The intention against Albert is to lock on to all of his floating options at once with the model A homing shot, which makes him vulnerable in one shot. It's possible to saber it down but he has to be in a position that lets you hit a lot of them at a time.
This final boss(and stage) is bonkers hard on expert mode. Especially if you're like me and don't like subtanks nyoro~n
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

I want to see Mega Man a now though :[

It's too bad about writing like this that wants to gesture towards "the victor decides the fate of the world", something which was done well in more surreal and forward-thinking stories but just got commodified into sleepwriting by imitators. Something like Evangelion could actually back up the idea of "a new world" with its Third Impact scene, and all that comes with it, but just having your villains say stuff like that for no reason doesn't really work.
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

In Mega Man ZX III, Master Albert is going to time travel and assemble Model A, Grey, the dummy body, the original Dr. Wily, and several other incarnations of himself to all be Mega Men in the Real Game of Destiny. Look forward to it
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
freshtalk

Post by freshtalk »

I love the ZX and Zero games so much I can't really express it. I feel like really taking your time to learn the in and outs of all your ability over a bunch of levels, missions and goofing around really made these games special to me compared to playing them to get to the end for an LP.

Also even if it raocow can't go through the entirety of Mega Man a, just playing through what's available should still be fine and fun especially if he's thinking of doing a hard mode alternate character playthrough way in the future and by then the minigame would no longer be fresh in our minds anymore.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

I mean, in that case does anyone have a hard mode clear save around for the purpose of playing mega man a ? I thought of making a video per mini game so that would give a few days. Though I'm sorry if this is kinda last-minutey in that case :I
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Stink Terios

Post by Stink Terios »

raocow wrote: 5 years ago I mean, in that case does anyone have a hard mode clear save around for the purpose of playing mega man a ? I thought of making a video per mini game so that would give a few days. Though I'm sorry if this is kinda last-minutey in that case :I
Gamefaqs saves are still a thing!
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ds/937937 ... aves/17162

Albert's backstory posted by Heavy Sigh gives us info that I feel should be more explicit ingame, although I'm bothered by the fact he was just another person corrupted by Weil, in a Sigma-ish retread.

Aaahh I want ZX3 so bad. Capcom should still have the game documents and could use it in a big collection/Pc port + sequel marketing push along with Legends 3 perhaps.
raocow
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily

Post by raocow »

well that's pretty handy
raocow

Post by raocow »

other than the fact that it's a .duc file format while desmume uses .dsv :I
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

raocow wrote: 5 years ago other than the fact that it's a .duc file format while desmume uses .dsv :I
https://forums.desmume.org/viewtopic.ph ... 315#p24315

EDIT: or https://forums.desmume.org/viewtopic.php?pid=8355#p8355
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
raocow

Post by raocow »

got it to work, only to find out that the 100% save does not have mega man a unlocked at all
raocow

Post by raocow »

alright, sajewers might have found me a file after all. I'll see later today!
FourteenthOrder
(zeal on discord)

Post by FourteenthOrder »

Heavy Sigh wrote: 5 years ago in today's episode, raocow ignores the entire gimmick of the final boss and simply sabers it to death like the EDGEBOY he is.
Okay so like I totally did exactly what raocow did and didn't realize what the gimmick was supposed to be until seeing these comments. ^^;

But yeah, no, I played the first ZX a few years back, but by that point the series was already abandoned. I only just now played Advent for the first time while raocow was in the middle of the Zero series and I had a blast with it. The story is really cheesy but the gameplay is just plain top-notch.

I really wish these games would've sold better. I was in a similar position of not knowing much about them to raocow, I feel like, albeit I'd played through all four Zeroes already.
xnamkcor

Post by xnamkcor »

raocow wrote: 5 years ago alright, sajewers might have found me a file after all. I'll see later today!
I have one, though it seems to want to use Ashe's sprite, not Grey...Though I don't think it matters much. In the mean time, here are some joke SaveStates.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... e_Ashe.dst

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... e_Ashe.dst

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... e_Grey.dst
You cannot add yourself to the friends list.
You cannot add yourself to the foes list.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Honestly, the secret ending is non-canon in my heart.

Unlike Legends 2's infamous cliffhanger, this one's out of the way enough to be ignored.

It's never going to be followed up on, anyway, so...
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Stink Terios

Post by Stink Terios »

raocow wrote: 5 years ago got it to work, only to find out that the 100% save does not have mega man a unlocked at all
Now that was unexpected.
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

Stink Terios wrote: 5 years ago Albert's backstory posted by Heavy Sigh gives us info that I feel should be more explicit ingame, although I'm bothered by the fact he was just another person corrupted by Weil, in a Sigma-ish retread.
His corruption seems remarkably similar to Gate's if anything imo

Pretty incredible to think the ~eeeeeeevil energy~ is still around after all these centuries, though. To think that Albert is a direct result of Duo being stupid and thinking the best way to combat an intergalactic evil energy robot is to punch it in the face repeatedly and hope for the best.
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

Form 1 Albert has over 500 HP, making it the final boss with the most HP in the entire franchise that uses lines for HP.

The second form only has two healthbars, but even if you use his weakness, the Homing Buster to strip his shield, I think it still takes three volleys on all the bits to actually do it, pushing his effective HP value close to 700 lines of health.

Unfortunately for him, he decided to have no i-frames for the first form, and dared to only have 2 healthbars in his real form in a game series where the player can combo attacks together.
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

raocow wrote: 5 years agohope y'all got some free time because tonight's video is nearly an hour long
You would have to upload a freaking hour long video when I'm already struggling with your regular half hour ones due to my internet being even worse than usual. When it comes to Youtube it frequently struggles to even hit dial-up speeds. (I'm not even exaggerating. This is me trying to load yesterday's Copy Kitty episode: Image The 1px line there being literally 12kbps which is less than 1.5th of dial-up speeds and 1/2000th of what I'm supposed to be getting.) Protip for everyone: If you have a choice between CenturyLink and dial-up, go with dial-up. You'll most likely get a better service that way.

Of course the 36 minute 1080p@60fps video that another lper I watch uploaded though got speeds that were perfectly fine for some reason...
kitikami

Post by kitikami »

If a boss has gimmicks that require some experimentation to puzzle out at the end of a 40+ minute stage with only a few lives before you game over, and it is possible to just tank through it with enough resources, I think tanking through it is a pretty good solution. That's been my most consistent issue with the Zero/ZX games: they keep making interesting challenges for the final bosses, but then making the time investment to try to learn them so large and repetitive that if you don't get it relatively quickly it can easily become not worth it, especially when you can just spam sub-tanks.
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

raocow's impression of Richard was so spot-on I'm convinced he's the actual voice actor
Parama wrote: 5 years ago
raocow wrote: 5 years ago hope y'all got some free time because tonight's video is nearly an hour long
i'm literally going to die
is there no way at all you can split this up
Protip: use the speed settings in YouTube to get through longer videos in a shorter amount of time. I've been watching this whole series at 1.5x speed which I find most comfortable. And since the speed controls are annoying to access in the YouTube player UI, the shortcuts are shift + angle brackets (< and >) to slow down and speed up, respectively.
Kleetus
Contrary to popular belief, dying is NOT cool.

Post by Kleetus »

I like to think the reason for why Voultron's room is a mess is because shortly after being resurrected, he threw a massive party, and hasn't cleaned up yet.
Chronoforce was being a super creep there.
Queenbee seems surprisingly nonchalant about dying. I guess dying is one of those things that looses the thrill the second time around.
The background in the boss re-fight hub rooms caught my eye. You can see two figures in stained glass. The one on the left is woman (someone in the youtube comments said it's Ciel); I think the one on the right looks like a galleon wearing a dress, it's hard to tell. Galleons don't strike me as people who keep up with fashion.
The boss fight areas are also quite luxurious considering that they're inside a giant haphazardly mashed together death fortress.

Totally unrelated but this is the last time I can post this; I like how Siarnaq's arms hang limply at his side, gives him an inhuman/inreploid feel that goes nice with his speech.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

9:45

????????????????????
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage