(shouting)

Mega Man - We're Here Forever!

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Heavy Sigh

Re: Mega Man ZX Advent - The Last Mega Man

Post by Heavy Sigh »

Prometheus and Pandora have about 2 days, 20 hours, 35 minutes and 39 seconds left. In the Artbook it's said the max time they get between 'recalibrations' is about three days.

also

YELLOW STREAK
ROLLS BY
HEDGESHOCK THE HEDGEHOG

PSEUDOROID FACTS!

Hedgeshock the Erinaceroid, known in Japan as Tesrat the Hedgeroid (テスラット・ザ・ヘッジロイド Tesuratto za Hejjiroido), is a small Pseudoroid based on a hedgehog. The name "Erinaceroid" refers to the Erinaceidae family of the Erinaceomorpha order. It contains the subfamily Erinaceinae, of which hedgehogs belong to.

Hedgeshock has a small body with details in brown and orange, as well as cyan lights. She has a number of metallic spikes on her head and back, while her arms and feet have the appearance of electric plugs.

She is found in high-power generator coils, as she was originally designed to serve as an emergency power supply at key installations. She is equipped with a powerful electric-generating coil and her hands and feet can turn into sockets. By reducing her size, she can squeeze into small places.

Hedgeshock has a hyperactive personality and tends to talk very fast, making puns involving electricity. However, she is also completely loyal to "Mr. Albert" and considers his orders absolute.

Hedgeshock was ordered by Master Albert to stand guard in the Mysterious Lab. She protects the room with the capsule that once contained "DAN-000".

Hedgeshock runs around constantly in a room with several platforms. Aside from rolling and using electric attacks, she can occasionally flood the room and summon New Rattraps to aid her in battle.

Attacks:
Plug Shot: Hedgeshock fires a few electric bullets from her hand.
Rolling Spike: Hedgeshock curls up her body and rolls around the room with her spikes out.
Rolling Dash: Hedgeshock curls up her body and rolls with her spikes retracted.
Spark Ball: Hedgeshock clams her hands together and fires sparks in all directions. She can do it in the ground and in the air.
"Rattrap call": Hedgeshock calls upon a number of New Rattraps that occupy the room for a few seconds before exploding.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Yes. This would be the best point to do collection stuff before the endgame stuff starts up. I guess I'll get a small list ready for the items to acquire so you aren't going in with your starting health bar. You absolutely owned that boss after the Sub Tank use there.
Reverning

Post by Reverning »

I'm bringing it up late, but I never saw it get mentioned before:

Every time you reached a crevice in a wall that seemed like a secret that you didn't know what to do with (you seemed to expect them to be fake walls you could walk into), I'm pretty sure you were expected to transform into human and crawl underneath them.
Chirei

Re: Mega Man ZX - There Can Be Only One

Post by Chirei »

SAJewers wrote: 5 years ago Any chance of listing them anyway, just for being complete (even though he shouldn't get them, i'm kinda curious, and he might be too)?
You got it.

Before I begin, I should bring up the existence of a very specific location, a room in Oil Field 3.

This room is managed by someone named Tom, who you can pay a total of 300EC to clear out the sand in the room. There are crates in this room that can be destroyed.

In a stroke of pure intelligence, Inti Creates decided that depending on the month of the year your DS clock is set to, these crates MIGHT drop a monthly-themed item if you destroy it. That's right - you're not even GUARANTEED to get the item, and must leave and come back to reset the boxes until the item drops. There are 12 of them, some equippable chips, and some usable items. But the obscenities don't end there.

These items will never drop from the crates until you have already beaten the game on that specific save file, and two of these items, the Gift Card and the Mystery Box, are tickets you can turn into some NPCs for OTHER items, to add another layer of obtuseness. When I outline just how much is locked behind this feature, you'll wonder why the series "ended" here.

Also, this game doesn't have any "postgame" like ZX, making these items practically almost useless.

Missing Useable Items
  • Berry - This one's very long. You have to buy shelves for Romeo, which raocow did. Next, you have to go back to him and take a quest called "Find the Lost Hunters". After you save them, go to someone named Amy in Hunter's Camp 4 and take a quest from them to "borrow" some potted plants from Legion HQ. You have to take a VERY SPECIFIC potted plant (orange pot, white rims), otherwise you lose the chance to get the Berry forever.

However, you are STILL not done. You need the Bucket from the Legion HQ shops, and must turn it into a water-filled bucket. I believe this is done by just jumping into some water anywhere in the game, which will automatically change it. Water the plant TWICE, and when you re-enter the area, it will FINALLY grow into a single Berry.

Restores 8 lines of health. Do you feel proud for doing all this?
  • [REDACTED] - Obtain all 24 medals by defeating the 8 pseudoroids in 3 special ways each.

Allows you to A-Trans into a super secret form.
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS BELOW ARE LOCKED BEHIND THE OIL FIELD 3 ROOM AND/OR MONTHLY RESTRICTIONS AND/OR NEEDING TO BEAT THE GAME

• Lollipop - Restore 5 lines of health.
  • Watermelon - Restore 5 lines of health.
  • Rice Cake - Restore 5 lines of health.
  • Laughy Taffy - Restore 5 lines of health. Renamed to avoid copyright issues with Model W(onka)
  • Candy - Restore 4 lines of health. Recycled from ZX...
  • Bread - Restore 6 lines of health. Also recycled from ZX.
  • Apple - Restore 8 lines of health. Once again recycled from ZX.
Missing Equippable Chips
  • Eraser - Warren & Blossom's sidequest in Hunter's Camp 3.

Grants the ability to delete lemons with bladed attacks.
  • Featherweight - Find someone named Antonio in Oil Field 2, and complete their sidequest.

You no longer sink in soft terrain, nor does flimsy ground crumble under your feet.
  • Extender - Complete Peter's sidequest to destroy all 50 Chabanos. There are five areas in the game that contain 10 of each.

Increases invincibility period after taking a hit.
  • Wind Boots - Complete Tillis's quest in Train 3 to put out the fires.

When standing on ground, negate pushing and suction effects by wind or similar sources.
  • Frog - Complete Carley's quest in Hunter's Camp 4. Requires you to have bought shelves for Romeo to start this quest.

Slows down the speed at which you slip down walls.
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS BELOW ARE LOCKED BEHIND THE OIL FIELD 3 ROOM AND/OR MONTHLY RESTRICTIONS AND/OR NEEDING TO BEAT THE GAME

• Warrior Helmet - Increase the attack of manroids by 1.
  • China Doll - Increase the attack of girlroids by 1.
Male Pseudoroids are Buckfire, Chronoforce, Rospark, Vulturon, Bifrost, Argoyle&Ugoyle.
Female Pseudoroids are Queenbee and Hedgeshock.

• Magic Pumpkin - Increases the duration of elemental effects on enemies. (Example: Ice freezing enemies)
  • Demon Buster - Increase the attack of all Busters by 1. (Example: Model A, ZX Buster)
  • Soccer Ball - Argoyle's Rock Bomb turns into a Soccer Ball. Cosmetic only.
Last edited by Chirei 5 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
Kleetus
Contrary to popular belief, dying is NOT cool.

Post by Kleetus »

Prometheus and Pandora basically say to Grey "Can't kill you you're still needed" yet Pandora tried to kill (dispose?) Grey at the beginning of the game.
Either Albert has some serious mind games and/or contingency plans going on, or he plots the destruction of society by the seat of his pants.
Heavy Sigh

Post by Heavy Sigh »

Kleetus wrote: 5 years ago Prometheus and Pandora basically say to Grey "Can't kill you you're still needed" yet Pandora tried to kill (dispose?) Grey at the beginning of the game.
Either Albert has some serious mind games and/or contingency plans going on, or he plots the destruction of society by the seat of his pants.
That was before Grey became a Mega Man, now that he controls Model A they need him alive to enact their plot against Albert.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Glad for the sidequest list. I sent raocow an item one, and the thing took way too long to type up. There might be some regrets on not activating some one-way teleporters in a couple of instances, but I think he can do that much. The sidequest stuff is just a whatever deal to me, but we'll see how much raocow does choose to do with that.
xnamkcor

Post by xnamkcor »

raocow wrote: 5 years ago so quick question to long time zxa fans in here

when's a good time to consider clean-up?
The sixth day of March.
You cannot add yourself to the friends list.
You cannot add yourself to the foes list.
Shard1697

Post by Shard1697 »

It's funny that the game tells you not to use hedgeshock against enemies, she's one of the better pseudoroids just because she's small.
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

"Go! Hedgeshock! Go out and zap to the extreme!"

"I will! Thank you, father!"
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

I should also point out that this game came out in 2007, and Sonichu was thought up in 2000.

Am I saying Capcom ripped off Chris Chan?

100% yes, I am.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Sorry if I led you astray on the one Life Up in the Waterfall Ruins area. Gave you the hint on the model to use, but I guess the item was farther away than I originally thought with the falls and all. That was all such a pain to type up last night. At least it looked like it wasn't as much of a pain to play for the most part. Did you use save states at all when you were close to getting game overs? At that point with all the backtracking you had to do, I wouldn't even blame you.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

nope! Like I was saving every time I reached a transponder, I didn't really feel that much pressure
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

I don't think anyone mentioned it, but the "Light Bulb" in Floating Ruins 4 is actually a MM1 large life energy item.
Heavy Sigh

Post by Heavy Sigh »

Prometheus's voice actor does crazy really well.

MEGA MAN FACTS!

Prometheus and Pandora are a pair of mysterious servants of Model W, feared by the Hunter's Guild as the "Grim Reaper" and "The Witch".

Prometheus was originally an ordinary male Reploid with a youthful appearance. He has sharp red eyes and spiked, pale blue hair styled as a mullet with a long pair of bangs. He wears a purple jacket with details in red on top of a black and white bodysuit.

Like her older brother, Pandora was once just a mere Reploid, with soft red eyes and a long mane of faded green hair cut short in the front. she wore a blue and white dress, with a black bodysuit beneath.

However, both siblings underwent drastic physical changes after being permanently merged with a fraction of Biometal Model W. Prometheus almost entirely covered by purple armor with details in red on top of a robotic gray body. His long helmet has a white plate in the front evoking the image of a skull, and his hair is now a pale blue cape split in vertical segments.

Pandora's hair was transformed into an odd, egg-shaped helmet with a jewel in the center; while the rest of her was covered in light white armor.

Always with a sadistic expression on his face, Prometheus's figure exudes evil; he shows absolutely no mercy in battle, unless he is dealing with somebody of interest to the Game of Destiny. He tends to mock his opponents and make snide remarks when confronted, pretending to be an arrogant fighter who enjoys nothing more than senseless killing and a good battle. In truth, even infected by Dr Weil's hatred and sadism, he wants nothing more than to rid himself of Model W and return to the body he once had.

After being forcibly merged with Model W, Pandora has withdrawn into herself completely. She rarely speaks, usually letting Prometheus handle communication. During the rare occasions when she uses her voice, she speaks slowly and softly with little emotion. Like her brother, Prometheus, she is completely devoted to awakening Model W, as both believe its awakening is the only chance to strike down Albert. However, being infected by Dr. Weil's disdain and nihilism, Pandora has lost the hope of returning to her original body, and simply wants their suffering to end with in "the destiny of destruction".

Initially made by Albert as regular Reploid children, Prometheus and his younger sister Pandora were constantly tortured through perpetual confinement, but eventually Prometheus and his sister managed to temporarily escape Albert's control. However, with his position as one of the Sage Trinity, they wre constantly hunted until eventually recaptured. The day they were recaptured was also the day Master Albert permanently merged the two with fragments of Model W and commanded them to match Albert's Chosen Ones with Biometals. Bound to Albert by an extremely limited lifespan, Both followed Albert's orders for centuries in exchange for the possibility of returning to his capsule to reset his life cycle at regular intervals. Resentful of their suffering at Albert's hand, Prometheus and Pandora patiently awaited the chance to exact revenge on their creator.

Trivia
In Greek mythology, Prometheus was the Titan who created man, gave them fire, and taught them how to trick the gods in order to get the better half of a sacrifice. Prometheus was punished for this by being shackled to a mountain peak and having an eagle pick at his liver for eternity. His brother and mankind was punished by receiving Pandora and the evils she unwittingly carried in her jar/box.
While Prometheus sees Grey simply as a "defective" and doesn't bother with him, his dialogue with Ashe reaches a more personal tone. Prometheus seems to treat Ashe as a kindred spirit, accusing her of seeking revenge against him for humiliating her at the Raider airship, much like how Prometheus seeks revenge himself. Although Ashe denies it, Prometheus retorts that Ashe's claims are just to rationalize her own actions and that, despite believing otherwise, she was the same as him.
Prometheus and Pandora could be in a few ways considered a dark twist to the concept behind Mega Man and Roll; both pairs were created as sibling robots and are similarly close to each other. Their serial numbers also reflect this.
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

If you remember, Model W absorbs people's negative emotions to awaken.

Albert literally modded Prometheus and Pandora to be these hateful people so they could literally just be hate farms through repeated abuse and restraint. This is why so much hate came out of them, enough to power ALL the Model W's when they died.
freshtalk

Post by freshtalk »

Those fire pillars that Prometheus sends across the whole room, you just shoot them to push them back.

I'm going to miss these two weirdos.
Shard1697

Post by Shard1697 »

It's easiest to push them back with model P because you can spam out tons of shurikens.

Also you can shoot Pandora through her trident shield with homing shots.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Kinda curious about how the real finale would have played out if reeeeal Albert kicked the bucket.

Would the Model Ws still have absorbed them? Would the game end on a weird, peaceful note? Would P & P go full Bad Time, or turn on each other?
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

Prometheus and Pandora's demise is the second-biggest travesty of the entire Mega Man franchise, behind the Four Three Guardians being completely written out of Zero 4. Also goddamn is Trap Phantasm a good song.

Jotaro took the time to describe what they originally looked like, but the Mega Man Wikia has pictures of their actual pre-Model W corruption forms, which I think are worth looking at. These poor kids deserved so much better.

Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
churine
Pronouns: she/her

Post by churine »

Kilgamayan wrote: 5 years ago but the Mega Man Wikia has pictures of their actual pre-Model W corruption forms, which I think are worth looking at. These poor kids deserved so much better.
namely being playable in a third game

them and prairie just being dead offscreen is the worst
Negative

Post by Negative »

In this Capcom game, the main bad guy, Albert W., plans to use something called Ouroboros to force the further evolution of mankind.

...Who'd have known that 2 years later Resident Evil would rip off Mega Man for plot?
raocow
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily

Post by raocow »

hope y'all got some free time because tonight's video is nearly an hour long
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

raocow wrote: 5 years ago hope y'all got some free time because tonight's video is nearly an hour long
i'm literally going to die
is there no way at all you can split this up
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
raocow

Post by raocow »

I mean, strictly speaking youtube is pretty good at remembering where you left off :(