(shouting)

Mega Man - We're Here Forever!

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Heavy Sigh

Re: Mega Man ZX Advent - The Last Mega Man

Post by Heavy Sigh »

I can't believe it took 568 videos for Lord Raptor to finally make his crossover appearance.

PSEUDOROID FACTS!

Vulturon the Condoroid, known in Japan as Condorock the Vulturoid (コンドロック・ザ・バルチャロイド Kondorokku za Barucharoido), is a Pseudoroid designed to operate large numbers of non-autonomous weapons.

As the name suggests, Vulturon's appearance is based on a vulture. He has a lanky frame, with skeletal traits. His long arms can emit energy to improvise wings which allow him to glide. However, his main weapon is actually a guitar-shaped controller that can emit microwaves to manipulate the artificial muscles of moribund machines.

Vulturon's personality is best described as a "sensationalist narcissist", and appears to think he is a rock star. He seems to view the Game of Destiny as a huge show, always speaking in terms related to show business and music. He also has a quirk of head banging constantly when standing still.

Vulturon confronts the Mega Man Model A in the Scrapyard, where he wreaks havoc by reviving the mountains of discarded machines with his abilitie to create an army for Albert. Although he tries to stop the Mega Man Model A from reaching the hidden fragment of Biometal Model W, he is defeated and his DNA is copied by Model A's A-Trans.

In battle, Vulturon moves around constantly, igniting his arms to form wings to hover around the field, teleporting to the corners as he uses his guitar to summon Mechaniloids. Amusingly, his attacks were based upon a metal concert, and also creating constant noises. In fact, all of his attacks below come from playing the guitar.

Noise Shift: Gradually disappear then teleport to the other side of the field.
Sound Vibration: Creates a barrier which protects him from damage and harms others.
Guitar Hammer: Swings his guitar like a club .
Sonic Blast: Emits three sonic booms that that interfere with the player's controls upon hit, causing a number of Funky Junks to rise and lurk on the field.
Metal Skulls: Activating the skull traps on the ceilling which drop to block the player in.
Scrap Bomb: Vulturon plays the guitar, attracting a mass of junk that he launches at the player.

Trivia

In the English version, Vulturon makes a reference to the rock band Megadeth when defeated.
Vulturon's English voice actor also voiced Chronoforce the Xiphosuroid and Biometal Model X.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

You got a medal!

Medals are awarded for defeating the pseudoroids in certain ways. Each boss has three of these. If for some god-awful reason you actually want to try to get all of these, me or someone else will probably be happy to oblige telling you how to get them all. You get a special new form for getting all of them... but it's nowhere near as good as Model OX.

YOU GOT Image

Vulturon's Bronze Challenge Medal: Last more than 2 minutes against Vulturon, and then defeat him.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

Yeah I don't know how I would have beaten this level as a kid. I'm starting to think the file I remember playing on came used on the cart or something.
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
freshtalk

Post by freshtalk »

You'd think the Medal would come from beating a boss faster, not slower.
Ashan wrote: 5 years ago Before this series I probably wouldn't have been able to even tell you that second picture isn't from the Zero series on GBA
That's because every Mega Men from ZX and the generals from Zero all share the same aesthetic of that undersuit, belt and shirt.
Phantom and Model H for comparison:
If anything, Model A breaks the patterns shared by all the others with little things like a different undersuit and having a blockier torso. He doesn't draw from Zero specifically, at least not anymore than anyone else does.
Shard1697

Post by Shard1697 »

Vulturon is a robot vulture who raises the dead with heavy metal and I love him

his form sucks ass for almost everything and can't raise the dead or do anything cool and I hate it
freshtalk wrote: 5 years ago You'd think the Medal would come from beating a boss faster, not slower.
Ashan wrote: 5 years ago Before this series I probably wouldn't have been able to even tell you that second picture isn't from the Zero series on GBA
That's because every Mega Men from ZX and the generals from Zero all share the same aesthetic of that undersuit, belt and shirt.
he's also red like Zero is the thing, while having mostly the same design aesthetics. all the guardian forms at least are different colors than Zero.
kitikami

Post by kitikami »

Wow, it's actually canon that Vulturon raises the dead with the power of rock.

It's hilarious that he walks around using the duckwalk.
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

freshtalk wrote: 5 years ago That's because every Mega Men from ZX and the generals from Zero all share the same aesthetic of that undersuit, belt and shirt.
Phantom and Model H for comparison:
Those guys don't look anything like Zero. Model A does, though.
My main point is that if you gave anyone this image and asked "is the guy in the middle based off the right or left character," approximately 100% of people would say the right.
freshtalk

Post by freshtalk »

I guess my mind is ingrained to see the similarities as a coimcidence first and foremost. Knowing what I know about the rest of the series and how this game unfolds, I just know it isn't the intention for the audience to see that similarity. (Not the intention of the story anyway. Could have been a subsconscious design decision not to stray too far from what came before.)
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Maybe if Axl was in Zero series that's what he would have looked like. Much like Zero got a redesign in Zero and on.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

I'm not sure which name I like more since they're so close. Vulturon or Condorock... Guess you just have to declare it a tie and move on.
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

Bean wrote: 5 years ago I'm not sure which name I like more since they're so close. Vulturon or Condorock... Guess you just have to declare it a tie and move on.
Vulturon the Condorroid
Condorrock the Vulturoid
Rondoroid the Condovulture
Roidoron the the Vultudor
xnamkcor

Post by xnamkcor »

Quick question, raocow. These chairs. Would they happen to be exploding chairs?
You cannot add yourself to the friends list.
You cannot add yourself to the foes list.
Heavy Sigh

Post by Heavy Sigh »

In today's episode, raocow beats up The Radical Enviromentalist.

MEGA MAN FACTS! THETIS!

Thetis (テティス Tetisu, lit. "Tethys") is a kind boy that loves swimming and the sea life, but he wants to rid people from the world for poisoning the sea with their relentless fighting. He is the chosen one for Biometal Model L, the Ice Mega Man. Model L grants Thetis many superhuman abilities, such as swimming at super speed, ice manipulation, and the ability to breathe underwater.

Thetis appears as a young boy with short blue hair with a single large strand standing upright (known as idiot hair, it is meant to evoke the image of a rural individual) and an his innocent, vibrant expression. He wears his Mega Man jacket right under his Mega Man-inspired hoodie and though he's sporting a pair of white thigh-high socks, he doesn't wear pants. He also has a red triangle on his forehead, confirming his status as a Reploid, something Grey misses when he calls him out for harming "humans such as himself."

While Thetis has the air of a kind, upstanding person who appears to be quite upstanding, he is also a merciless killer. He loves the ocean and sea life, but views every other living being as unimportant at best, and an enemy at worst.

Once upon a time, Thetis was a mere Reploid living alone by an unnamed bay teeming with life, playing in the ocean without a care in the world. However, over time he began to see his waters grow darker and quieter as more trash appeared within it. One day, he spotted a pair of unknown Reploids dumping massive containers of lethal chemicals into the bay. He rushed to confront them, but was shot to pieces in moments. Gravely wounded, he lay there in the black sludge, only to spot something glimmering close by. It was Model L. He took it, MegaMerged, and chased after the two Reploids. He engaged them in battle and in his rage cut them down, but not before hearing them admit that Legion had designated his wonderful sea as a garbage dump for anyone to use. Incensed, he set out for Legion Headquarters, but was almost immediately tracked down by Pandora and offered a much quicker solution. Legion and its citizens wouldn't listen to one single individual, not even a Mega Man. But with the power of Model W, he could simply erase the humans and solve the problem at its source. Still grieving over the loss of his wonderful ocean, Thetis agreed, and entered the Game of Destiny. His grudge was exacerbated by contact with Model W, and now he considers himself and the other Mega Men to be exceptional beings far different from the rest of humanity.

Attacks:
Marine Spin: He dash-swims around the screen and twirls the halberd around. Sometimes he feints this attack.
Ice Blade: He stops and fires off a triangular wave of energy not unlike Childre Inarabitta.
Dual Dragon/Frost Urchin: His charged attack differs depending on which character is being used. Against Grey, he fires off a pair of ice dragons that home in on him. Against Ashe, he manifests a thick, spiky ice formation which he then shatters, releasing a series of ice shards. These attacks can be countered using a fire attack or the Homing Lasers.
Frost Whirlpool His ultimate attack involves him summoning a machine from underground that shoots out several snowflakes, and then proceeds to create a vacuum that sucks in all nearby, the snowflakes themselves having been dispersed about from the force. They can be destroyed before the vacuum effect occurs using the Homing Lasers.
Trivia
Thetis is named after a female sea nymph of Greek mythology, Thetis.
Tethys is an ocean/sea from the time of the dinosaurs, in turn named after the Greek Titaness Tethys.
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

freshtalk wrote: I guess my mind is ingrained to see the similarities as a coimcidence first and foremost. Knowing what I know about the rest of the series and how this game unfolds, I just know it isn't the intention for the audience to see that similarity. (Not the intention of the story anyway. Could have been a subsconscious design decision not to stray too far from what came before.)
Yeah I mean I admittedly don't know anything about this series so maybe I'll be satisfied with the explanation. But my primary theory as of now is that they just wanted him to look like Zero because he's more iconic than Axl and also people actually like Zero.
ano0maly wrote: 5 years ago Maybe if Axl was in Zero series that's what he would have looked like. Much like Zero got a redesign in Zero and on.
They changed Zero's design but not his primary color. Like I don't get why a character designed after Axl would be mostly red.
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

I think you were supposed to use Model F to fight the plane, since you cannot even have this mission without beating Atlas first.

- Thetis -

Ice Dragon - The homing Ice Dragon attack from ZX. Ashe gets this awful, spiky ice block that is stationary, and you can hit it to make it break into projectiles. Grey definitely got the much better end of the deal here once again, but it won't be like that for long.
thatguyif
Pronouns: We Are The 99%

Post by thatguyif »

Ashan wrote:
ano0maly wrote: 5 years ago Maybe if Axl was in Zero series that's what he would have looked like. Much like Zero got a redesign in Zero and on.
They changed Zero's design but not his primary color. Like I don't get why a character designed after Axl would be mostly red.
I think the problem is a lot of people just latched onto the assumption that Model A was meant to represent Axl because:
  1. The letter A
  2. The signature move not only resembles Axl's A-Trans in the X series, but is called A-Trans outside Japan (relevant in a moment).
So they looked for similarities where there weren't any.

Of course, what caused this whole mess in the first place was the localization, though more because of reasonable intentions than any malice. A-Trans in ZX is called Trans-On in Japan. If I were a betting man, part of this was to make it distinct from Axl's A-Trans move (which was called A-Trans in Japan in the games he was in), and the other part was to make it somewhat alliterative to the R.O.C.K. ON move, since both were similar. Problem being, for obvious reasons, R.O.C.K. ON became Megamerge, and thus Trans-On lost its conceptual nuance. Localizers probably went with A-Trans not only because it made more sense based on familiarity, but there was nothing to really suggest it was meant to be something different. Plus, I guess they didn't know about

A standing for Albert

until very late in the process, probably when it was too late to do rewrites and re-recordings, nor did they get a notice from Japan not to call it A-Trans.
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
FourteenthOrder
(zeal on discord)
Pronouns: she/her

Post by FourteenthOrder »

I mean, at a glance just googling "rockman model a" in Japanese the immediate following keyword suggestion is "axl". The references were absolutely deliberate and are noticed in Japan as well. They're pretty blatant all things considered.
Shard1697

Post by Shard1697 »

model F absolutely mulches the plane, is good against the miniboss and is also model L's weakness. if there's anything you were 'missing' it was using that.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

That boss fight's one of the more dangerous ones in the game with what little you get to stand on. You alluded to this earlier, but these last few fights have really felt like they're fortress level in difficulty since there's a lot to keep up with.
xnamkcor

Post by xnamkcor »

Speaking of Highway levels. I'm sad that Ride Armors and Ride Chasers weren't a thing in Z and ZX
You cannot add yourself to the friends list.
You cannot add yourself to the foes list.
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

raocow, two things:

-Two of the Hunters on the rooftops had quests for you.
-The last one you talked to was named Doug, as in Douglas, and you didn't acknowledge this at all.
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!
Heavy Sigh

Post by Heavy Sigh »

"I could just shoot you while you're transforming"

raocow Grey is no edgeboy, he would never do such a thing.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Now that the secret's out, ZX Advent takes place four years after the original Mega Man ZX. Still watching the vid, but I'd been waiting for you to get to the whole linking the two games together stage for the last few nights!
Reverning

Post by Reverning »

Chaotic good? Hmm.

I mean, Thetis has the personality for it, but isn't doing genocide for the sake of protecting nature more like, lawful evil?