(shouting)

Mega Man - We're Here Forever!

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Chirei

Re: Mega Man ZX Advent - The Last Mega Man

Post by Chirei »

raocow is axl confirmed

This level and its music was used almost wholesale in Distorted Travesty 3 for the Sephiroth level.

- Aeolus -

The homing plasma ball is gone :(

Plasma Cyclone Star Trek V - This is a much, much better medium between the charge attacks of HX. Ashe also gets two thunder cyclones, but I think they have a much worse trajectory. Grey's is definitely superior.
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

I feel like there's a connection to be made between "In the world I have in mind, there is no place" and "The world has become a place" but I can't quite pull off the delivery.
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

Dragon Fogel wrote: 5 years ago I feel like there's a connection to be made between "In the world I have in mind, there is no place" and "The world has become a place" but I can't quite pull off the delivery.
Aeolus's goal to become the MEGAMEN KING is to shape the future the way he wants it:

In that future, the world will NOT become a place
Heavy Sigh

Post by Heavy Sigh »

I appreciate that someone in mega man land thought that the only thing robo trees were missing was the ability to drop electric death around themselves when lightly tapped.

MEGA MAN FACTS! AEOLUS

Aeolus (ヘリオス Heriosu, lit. "Helios") is the Biomatch for Biometal Model H and is fought in the Floating Ruins. Model H grants Aeolus many superhuman abilities, such as wind manipulation, the ability to dash at super speed, and the ability to fly or hover for short periods of time.

Aeolus appears as a young man with pale skin and long silver hair with a pale green tint and a very thick, pointed fringe that covers one half of his face, which is characterized by a sharp, stoic expression. Like his fellow Mega Men, he wears the typical ZX Mega Man vest, but he wears a cape along the waist that is stylized in a way that somewhat resembles the coat Serpent wore. He is always seen with a metal sword in hand, though it is never used in battle.

Originally, Aeolus was a journalist that lost faith in his duty to report the truth when his lofty words went unheeded by the masses. Angry at the world for ignoring what he saw as the height of wisdom, Aeolus wandered the land with a sneer on his face and a sword at his side.

However, one day was approached by a strange man, and offered the chance to rid the world of those who refused to learn from the wisdom he offered. He agreed, and became the Mega Man Model H. Already something of a misanthrope, he now considers all other humans (and Reploids) beneath him and seeks to wipe them out to eliminate conflict.

His personality partially mirrors that of Model H's persona, Sage Harpuia from Mega Man Zero series, particularly in his perfectionist attitude. Though as Harpuia's perfectionism was partly out of a desire to do his best in the defense of others, Aeolus simply uses it as an excuse to despise others.

Attacks
Sonic Boom: Aeolus will perform a 3-slash combo, the last slash emitting a sonic boom that travels through the screen. In Expert Mode, Aeolus will emit two sonic booms instead, and they will travel across the screen faster.
Dual Cyclone: Aeolus' charge attack will fire two plasma cyclones, and the direction of the cyclones depend on the character being played as. If playing as Grey, the cyclones will travel in a V pattern in front of Aeolus. To evade this attack, simply dash through the opening between the cyclones. If playing as Ashe, one cyclone will fire in front of Aeolus in a horizontal path, and another one behind him.
Wing Saber: Aeolus will dash towards the player character and slash at them.
Falling Blade: Aeolus will jump forward and slash at the player character.
Taser Trap: Aeolus' desperation move will result in him dashing upwards and hover above the ground, while summoning two electric pinwheels. Evading this attack takes timing, and the player must time their dash correctly in order to avoid taking any damage or just use Chronoforce's time bomb technique to slow down time, making it easier to maneuver.

Trivia
Aeolus and Helios are alternate names for Hyperion, which is yet another Moon of Saturn.
Unlike Harpuia, Aeolus' flight capabilities are limited, as they are based on those that become available to the player; however, they are still superior to those of the player - he is able to perform two consecutive Air Dashes (on Expert mode only) compared to the player's single Air Dash, and he can remain airborne for much longer than the player while hovering.
Shard1697

Post by Shard1697 »

raocow I'm going to come to your house and put a sticker shaped like the R button on your computer screen
Plutia
Plutia too cute

Post by Plutia »

raocow would still ignore it
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

The intro of the music track in today's level sounds so much like the beginning of Darude - Sandstorm
xnamkcor

Post by xnamkcor »

Model Ecchi
You cannot add yourself to the friends list.
You cannot add yourself to the foes list.
FourteenthOrder
(zeal on discord)
Pronouns: she/her

Post by FourteenthOrder »

xnamkcor wrote: 5 years agoModel Ecchi
NO
BAD
Plutia
Plutia too cute

Post by Plutia »

xnamkcor wrote: 5 years agoModel Ecchi
nominating this for worst post in this entire thread
Heavy Sigh

Post by Heavy Sigh »

'the nectar of terror' sounds like a challenge in a gardening themed episode of Fear Factor.

PSEUDOROID FACTS!

Queenbee the Hymenopteroid, known in Japan as Kaisemine the Wasproid (カイゼミーネ・ザ・ワスプロイド Kaizemīne za Wasupuroido), is a Pseudoroid based upon a royal-class queen wasp.

Queenbee has a slender body colored red with details in gold and blue lights. Violet flames on her back take the shape of wings, which seem to behave as a jetpack of sorts. Queenbee has no legs, although wheels on her abdomen allow her to drive on the ground much like a go-kart. Her 'stinger' is a cannon that can fire needle and plasma shots. However, its true purpose lies in her origins as a recreation of old Reploid blueprints Albert discovered. Unable to reconstruct the bomb filled stinger in the design, Albert instead replaced it with the next best thing, a cargo carrying joint. As long as the joint specifications match, Queenbee can attach her abdomen to anything and carry it with her. She can even carry objects far larger than herself.

In battle, Queenbee's body is attached to a massive beehive containing rockets, bee bomb drones and multiple laser prisms. Queenbee cannot be easily damaged as long as she has her mobile hive, but the beehive can be destroyed with sufficient power, forcing her to fly around as she attempts to strike the player. However, she will eventually fly off-screen to bring another.

Attacks:
Burst Drone: Queenbee's hive releases a number of explosive bees which target the player and explode on contact.
Scud Swarm: Queenbee's hive opens to fire four homing missiles, two on each side.
Core Blazer : Queenbee's hive opens and fires multiple wide laser blast randomly in many directions.
Pin Missile: Queenbee attempts to shoot the player with her stinger cannon.
Flame Shot: Queenbee charges her stinger cannon to fire a burning shot.
Catalyst Cannon: She rises to the top of the screen, firing a series of laser shots which produce an explosion that sends burning rubble flying for several seconds.

The name "Hymenopteroid" references the Hymenoptera order, which includes bees and wasps.
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

The word you were looking for that wasn't "exponential" was "linear".
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

This picture brings attention:

It's worth noting that it is actually IMPOSSIBLE for Ashe to land this shot, because her Model A charge shot is thin. The only way she can hit Queenbee's hive at that height is to use the Homing Attack which does far less damage, or the Giga Attack.

It seems like a very small thing, but just having a regular ol megamen buster makes that much of a difference. I actually don't think you would have killed Aeolus yesterday either if you were Ashe, since the laser would have passed right under him.
freshtalk

Post by freshtalk »

Queenbee form can fly anywhere, but you can't just rapidly tap the button like that or you'll run out of energy too quickly!

It works like an indefinite amount of jumps, so go easy on pressing the button and you can get plenty far and high.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

never noticed how dainty grey's shooting position was in the air
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

Knee out while jumping is actually a classic Axl pose. Look up his animations in X7 (or don't because blergh), it's part of his design from the start!
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

We've only known Carley for less than an episode, but if anything happened to her, I would kill everyone in this game and then myself.
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

Is there a reason for why our Mega Man in this game looks like Zero even though he's supposed to be based on Axl? In ZX the biometal was based on Zero so it made sense why he looked designed in the image of Zero, but this guy has nothing to do with Zero, he doesn't even have a sword. So why does he look like Zero? The other Mega Men modeled after reploids don't look like Zero, they all look like their respective reploid. So what's up with model A?

My best guess is it's purely for marketing purposes, because the look of Zero has been made somewhat iconic with the Zero series having been around for some time at this point, and already it was a stretch to have the Mega Man branding on the Zero games, it'd be going even further to call this game "Mega Man A" or something and have a character that looks like Axl, who already is completely forgettable both in design and character.

The Axl situation was so weird from the beginning, it's like he was introduced purely to be force-fed to the audience as the cool new Mega Man character, but he's just not cool or iconic at all.
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer

Post by Kilgamayan »

It might be because

the "A" in "Model A" doesn't actually stand for Axl, and all references to Axl were planted specifically to throw the player off. What it actually stands for allows some pretty free character design/interpretation.

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

Model A has qualities of all three characters. Visual similarities to Zero, and a charge shot like X. Axl just took after his two dads.

Also I just noticed that Grey has the gun titled to the side while shooting the charge shot. ??????
xnamkcor

Post by xnamkcor »

Chirei wrote: 5 years ago Model A has qualities of all three characters. Visual similarities to Zero, and a charge shot like X. Axl just took after his two dads.

Also I just noticed that Grey has the gun titled to the side while shooting the charge shot. ??????
You cannot add yourself to the friends list.
You cannot add yourself to the foes list.
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer

Post by Kilgamayan »

Oh wait I just remembered
Chirei wrote: 5 years ago It's worth noting that it is actually IMPOSSIBLE for Ashe to land this shot, because her Model A charge shot is thin. The only way she can hit Queenbee's hive at that height is to use the Homing Attack which does far less damage, or the Giga Attack.
I've spent a while thinking about why I had no trouble with this boss fight as Ashe, and I just remembered that I used

Model F with redirected basic shots, each set up differently for her two different heights,

to take her down.

Admittedly this wouldn't help for something like a Model-A-Only run or whatever, but that's simply a self-imposed challenge, so.

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Shard1697

Post by Shard1697 »

I like to use model H, fly up and spam sword attacks on the pod. Then when it breaks let go of R and hit her with the tornado(much harder to do as Ashe)
freshtalk

Post by freshtalk »

Ashan wrote: 5 years ago Is there a reason for why our Mega Man in this game looks like Zero even though he's supposed to be based on Axl? In ZX the biometal was based on Zero so it made sense why he looked designed in the image of Zero, but this guy has nothing to do with Zero, he doesn't even have a sword. So why does he look like Zero? The other Mega Men modeled after reploids don't look like Zero, they all look like their respective reploid. So what's up with model A?
He doesn't look like Zero at all? At most, he has a similar shape like all the other Biometal Mega Men do in this series.

Like you said, he doesn't have a sword. He's not the right colours. He doesn't have long blonde hair... He might not look exactly like Axl but I don't get at all how he resembles Zero.
Kilgamayan wrote: 5 years ago It might be because

the "A" in "Model A" doesn't actually stand for Axl, and all references to Axl were planted specifically to throw the player off. What it actually stands for allows some pretty free character design/interpretation.

He's still out-of-universe very clearly meant to be based on Axl though, without a doubt.

Ashan

Post by Ashan »

freshtalk wrote: 5 years ago He doesn't look like Zero at all?
Yeah, these 2 characters look nothing alike:
(no spoiler, just big images)
ImageImage
Before this series I probably wouldn't have been able to even tell you that second picture isn't from the Zero series on GBA