(shouting)

Mega Man - We're Here Forever!

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Grounder

Re: Mega Man ZX - There Can Be Only One

Post by Grounder »

RTAGHGAHAHGA GUN MAN GUN AAAHIUSHISUHSUI
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

the flamethrower lord is the deadliest enemy in the year 26XX

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Biometal - Model F

The spirit of Fighting Fefnir resides in this Biometal. Rise up with your fists and rain down a terrible wake of fire onto those who would obstruct justice.

Twin Cannons [Attack with Main/Sub] - Shoot a large energy pellet forward or straight up. Despite their appearance, they do not actually do fire-elemental damage unless you are in Overdrive. The shots from each gun actually combo into each other on bosses! Does twice as much damage as a normal lemon.

Using Buster Edit, you can even change their trajectory! Please see the Dual Screen section for more information.

Megaton Crush [Charge Attack] - Punch forward with the cannon. It's noted that you can hold a charge for each cannon, and the punches should combo as well. If you have any weapon energy for Model F, the punch will shoot a powerful fireball forward a fair distance as well.

This attack is also able to break through some obstacles. Since you can punch even if your weapon energy is gone, don't hesitate to try it out.

Overdrive System

When in Overdrive, ALL your attacks gain the elemental power of Fire and do double damage! Use this to burn or ignite anything that could interact with fire.

Dual Screen Mode - Buster Edit

*You can only use Buster Edit when on the pause screen!

While paused, touch the bottom screen to initiate Buster Edit. For every "level" you have on Model F's Biometal gauge, you can direct the buster shot path one tile. This allows your shots to travel in remarkably different paths, and you can even set a different flight path for each arm cannon.

If you did too terrible fighting the bosses, repair Model F at Fleuve's lab to gain more pathing tiles for it. Since the maximum is Level 4, and there are two bosses, you can get a maximum of 8 and a minimum of 2 tiles to change direction with.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Lonely
I'm so lonely

Last edited by ano0maly 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Heavy Sigh

Post by Heavy Sigh »

So uh, Fun Fact about Fistleo here.

He's not a Reploid. He was a human converted into a Pseudoroid by Serpent.

PSEUDOROID FACTS! FISTLEO THE PREDETAROID

Fistleo the Predatoroid (フィストレオ・ザ・プレデトロイド Fisutoreo za Puredetoroido) is a lion-style Pseudoroid with a bulky scarlet body evoking the look of a muscular fighter. He also has an orange mane that can ignite itself, green lights on his upper body, and clawed hands and feet.

He has a fragment of Biometal Model F inside his head, granting him pyrokinetic abilities and allowing him to produce fire with his fists. In battle, he combines this power with his own blend of kenpō named "Reioh-ken" (霊央拳 lit. "Soul Center Fist", "Reiouken" in the manga).

Once a human martial artist who was frustrated at hitting a ceiling on his mastery of the Reioh-ken arts, he was promised the power of a god by Serpent in return for servitude. Fistleo accepted the offer to be transformed into a Pseudoroid without hesitation, using half the data of Biometal Model F. As an enforcer for Serpent, he led a Maverick assault on Area G, kidnapping people and setting buildings ablaze to terrify the populace, even though this takes time away from his training. He does not let anyone flee from his attacks alive unless ordered to by Serpent.

Fistleo can attack with balls of energy that follow their target, and various flame melee attacks such as flaming dashes and air dashes. Curiously, he can also use the power provided to him by Model F to heal himself. He is obsessed with making himself more powerful, like Fighting Fefnir, the Reploid whose data is contained in Model F.

Fistleo is a hand to hand fighter, combining his skills with Model F's power to use a variety of techniques. The Model F data is stored in Fistleo's head, therefore striking that area will damage the Biometal as well.

Charge - Fistleo braces himself and uses the energy from his fists to regenerate his lifebar (only in Medium and Hard mode). Is followed by one attack:
Reioh-ken: Hyakki Yagyō ("Night Parade of Hundred Demons") - Fistleo dashes to the other side of the field with his fist forward, leaving a trail of flames. When he hits the wall, the impact creates a shockwave.
Reioh-ken: Kōbōissen ("Light Flash") - Fistleo thrusts his fists forward, creating three damaging sparks on the player's current position, one at a time.
Reioh-ken: Tenpenchii ("Natural Disaster") - Fistleo will leap across the field, punching the ceilling twice to make burning rubble fall. He will follow by dashing to the other side of the field with both fists forward, breaking the rubble.
Reioh-ken: Isshoku Sokuhatsu ("Blistering") - Fistleo turns his back to the screen and emanates a sinister red aura. He will counterattack when hit in this state. He only uses this attack after losing half of his energy.
Reioh-ken Okugi: Abi Kyōkan ("Pandemonium") - Fistleo jumps with his fists forward, flying to the other side of the field in a ball of fire. The attack also produces four smaller fireballs launched at different angles. Only used after losing half of his energy.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

The people aren't scared of you because you look like a Reploid, they're scared of you because you're in combat power armor. In the time of ZX, reploids and humans have been more or less equalized as humans/people, compared to the past series. When raocow views it through the lens of human-reploid conflict and doesn't understand their reactions, it's kind of like bringing up 100-year-old robo-racism after time travelling from zero to zx n~yoron
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
princezane

Post by princezane »

Paragraph wrote: 5 years ago
Grounder wrote: 5 years ago other metroidvanias have remotely competent mapping systems
That's pretty much the gist of it, really.

Also, it is ultimately completely pointless. Apart from the few data disks strewn around that could as well be hidden in the normal levels (or in the enemies, like before), the non-level parts of the world add absolutely nothing to the game. There is very little interconnectivity, so it's all just spokes radiating out from the city
Makes sense. Nicely put! :)
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Personally, I think the Model F Pseudoroids are the hardest ones to get the Level 4 victories on. They just keep their weaknesses right out in the open way longer than the other styles. In Fistleo's case, it's his head, and he'll actually try blocking shots with it. Fun times. Oy.
Arctangent
squawky

Post by Arctangent »

Bean wrote: 5 years ago Personally, I think the Model F Pseudoroids are the hardest ones to get the Level 4 victories on. They just keep their weaknesses right out in the open way longer than the other styles. In Fistleo's case, it's his head, and he'll actually try blocking shots with it. Fun times. Oy.
model f doesn't actually stand for model fenrir, it stands for model fuck you
Negative

Post by Negative »

I don't know what you guys are talking about, Fistleo's super easy to level 4 finish nyoro~n :

Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

There's a part in the music from today's level that reminds me of this part of Eat by Umphrey's McGee: (1:54 if timestamp doesn't work)

You can hear it in the background here in the video (22:43)
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

Yahoo!
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

so ah this morning I thought I,d start by reading all the archive boxes I got so if you want to skip that I added a video annex in the description like this was some kind of mario games. Normally I'd be like 'whatever' but it's litteraly ten minutes of textes.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

In addition to looking around the Guardian HQ, Area C will now have new NPCs that you rescued in Area G. And the dialogue for existing NPCs will update at some point (I think after the

Guardian HQ mission

).
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

raocow wrote: 5 years ago so ah this morning I thought I,d start by reading all the archive boxes I got so if you want to skip that I added a video annex in the description like this was some kind of mario games. Normally I'd be like 'whatever' but it's litteraly ten minutes of textes.
Going for a new AtMM video length record I see
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
xnamkcor

Post by xnamkcor »

Aile: "Hello. Fellow human. I am a human, just like you. Would you like to have some water? I like water, for I too, am human".
You cannot add yourself to the friends list.
You cannot add yourself to the foes list.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

raocow wrote: 5 years ago so ah this morning I thought I,d start by reading all the archive boxes I got so if you want to skip that I added a video annex in the description like this was some kind of mario games. Normally I'd be like 'whatever' but it's litteraly ten minutes of textes.
HELL YEAH, TEXTE TIME
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

Harpuia has been employed to be a Rooftop Sage, Firefighter, and Blimp Rider Joe even though he's dead, hundreds of years old and no longer has a proper physical body. Truly the breadwinner of the Four Guardians.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Biometal - Model P

The spirit of Hidden Phantom resides in this Biometal. Let shadow be your guide, and cut down those who would harm the innocent.

Kunai Throw [Attack with Main/Sub] - Throw a stream of 4 Kunai. They all combo into each other and can be thrown very fast. Note that only one whole stream of kunai can combo, so don't spam the button if you want the hits to all connect on a boss.

There are angled variations of this attack that throw them in a wide spread when attacking anywhere but the ground, if you need more coverage.

You may throw the straight stream of kunai while still dashing, as well.

Fuuma Shuriken [Charge Attack] - Throws a horizontal spinning shuriken that can hit a massive amount of times. Counts as a bladed weapon and will cut large powerups if you for some reason manage to hit them with this. Costs Weapon Energy!

Climbing Claws [Hold up under a roof, or grabbable wire/pole] - Allows Aile to grip the ceiling or grab onto protrusions like the Zero Knuckle in Z4. You will fire spreadshot kunai while in this state, so it's not the best position to be in to deal tons of damage. Very useful tool for maneuvering, though.

Overdrive System

When in Overdrive, gain the power of shadow, and your attacks do double damage! While this does not mean you gain an elemental effect, you DO gain a new ability while Overdrive is on!

Shadow Dash [Dash] - With the power of shadows, your dash emulates the Shadow Dash Foot Chip from Megaman Zero 3! Take absolutely no damage from enemies or their attacks while dashing.

Keep in mind that this only works as long as you are in Overdrive state using Model P!

Dual Screen Mode - Radar Scanner

While it may seem like a downsized version of Model L's DS Ability, this scanner will note the positions of most enemies.

Enemies nearby will appear as a >!< symbol on the touch screen. Touch these markers to instantly throw a kunai at them to take them out. Very useful if visibility is poor, but enemies are hiding, waiting to ambush you. It is also notable that kunai thrown this way are automatically thrown towards the target, and are sometimes sent at angles normally impossible to throw.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

If you prefer holding jump button to hover with Model H instead of tapping to toggle hover, you can change that in the Options section of the pause menu. Along with several other things you have yet to check out.

It's worth noting that even if a Biometal form only has one weapon, you still have two charges, so you can use the charged attack of that weapon twice.
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

Those ground turrets weren't spewing rocks, they were spewing popcorn. Amusement park an' all that.
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Also I can't seem to click on the exclamation marks with Model P when I'm playing... is it the emulator I'm using? (I can click on the bottom screen fine for Model F.)
thatguyif
Pronouns: We Are The 99%

Post by thatguyif »

So, question for the latter part of the game that is rather relevant:

Have the emulators made it possible for you to access Area N? I know accessing that Area essentially requires using specific DS models, alongside having an MMZ game inserted into those models' GBA game slot...

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

thatguyif wrote: 5 years ago So, question for the latter part of the game that is rather relevant:

Have the emulators made it possible for you to access Area N? I know accessing that Area essentially requires using specific DS models, alongside having an MMZ game inserted into those models' GBA game slot...

It's emulator-locked?

I know you don't need to use the GBA slot to get the "actual" reward, though.

Heavy Sigh

Post by Heavy Sigh »

Fun Fact! Purprill is the only other non-purpose built Pseudoroid, having been converted into one after leading the Maverick Raid that killed Vent/Aile's parents 10 years ago.

So congrats raocow, you have avenged your parents murder!

PSEUDOROID FACTS! MANDROID

Purprill the Mandroid (パープリル・ザ・マンドロイド Pāpuriru za Mandoroido) is a Mandrill-styled Pseudoroid, although his name makes reference to mandrills. He has a purple body with details in red and green lights. He has large arms with three-digit hands, and a squared white face.

Purprill's arms contain a Biometal Model P fragment, which does not have an associated element. However, he has a light, agile frame, which makes him able to climb walls and hang from above to attack. He is also equipped with additional armaments such as bombs.

Of Serpent's Pseudoroids, Purprill is arguably the most despicable. . Purprill was the Reploid that led the Mavericks that killed Vent/Aile's parents. As Serpent made no modifications to Mandrill's mind when he was converted into a Pseudoroid, Mandrill was a monster even while a mere Reploid. He was a killer who lived only for the pleasure of running amok and causing destruction. Disobedient and held in Serpent's forces only for his talent at sowing terror among civilians, He is also extremely cocky, bragging that Model ZX has no hope of defeating him as he is an "executive officer".

Purprill was the leader of the raid that orphaned Vent and Aile. Serpent eventually noticed Purprill's talents in killing and added him to his forces, giving him half the data of Biometal Model P. Ten years later, Purprill returned to Area H on his own to vacation in a place with fond memories of destruction. He is defeated by the Mega Man Model ZX, who recovers his half of Model P.

Attacks:
Hanging Wedge - Purprill will often hang to the cables on the ceiling, either by running to the corner of the room and jumping or by extending his arm in any area.
Blast Bomb - Purprill throws three small bombs which explode on contact.
Bound Bomb - Purprill throws two giant grenades (three on hard mode) which bounces across the room for a few seconds before exploding.
Spread Sand: - Purprill's hands dig into the ground and toss up dirt in front of him.
Spinning Dark - After losing half of his energy, Purprill's body curls up and four energy blades are ignited on his forearms. He spins across the room violently before digging into the opposite wall, causing rubble to fly everywhere.
xnamkcor

Post by xnamkcor »

thatguyif wrote: 5 years ago So, question for the latter part of the game that is rather relevant:

Desmume has an option to load a GBA ROM in the GBA slot.
You cannot add yourself to the friends list.
You cannot add yourself to the foes list.
freshtalk

Post by freshtalk »

I might be remembering wrong, but can't Model F can break cracked or crumbling things with it's punches? That's how I think you get past that cracked Met helmet in the wall.