(shouting)

Mega Man - We're Here Forever!

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Chirei

Re: Mega Man Zero 4 - Absolute Zero

Post by Chirei »

LunarRainbowShyGuy wrote: 5 years ago The boss here is much easier than raocow may have made it look. The way it moves during its movement attack is the same every time, and it always does that after every non-movement attack, making it really predictable. The attacks it uses in between moving aren't really that hard to dodge either.
It's also oddly generous with hitbox despite being a boss that tries to Contact Damage you to death. I think you only get hurt if you touch the actual orb inside, rather than the field around it.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

alright, I think my voice is doing okay, let's ease into things here *recording session is over two hours long*
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

raocow wrote: 5 years agoalright, I think my voice is doing okay, let's ease into things here *recording session is over two hours long*
Combination of not knowing how to fight the bosses for real, not playing the game for days, and the final stuff got you, huh? Oops.
FourteenthOrder
(zeal on discord)
Pronouns: she/her

Post by FourteenthOrder »

raocow wrote: 5 years ago alright, I think my voice is doing okay, let's ease into things here *recording session is over two hours long*
Owowoww... :c
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

the classic "zero finale" experience then
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Yeah, that can be a tough one since it really involves switching out your EX Skills properly for the rematches (like using the Ice Javelin buster shot on Pegasolta) and then dealing with Dr. Weil after that. I also don't like the grapple hook part after the refight room since it's not finicky, just real tight.

As for Dr. Weil's EX Skill in the first phase, if your rank's higher, you'll have to deal with all eight of the Zero 3 bosses in succession, not just the split up versions of four you were getting. He can also create a shield in front of him that will transform into three laser orbs that fly out in different directions.

For the finale, the easiest time to hit him is when he shoots off the bottom part. That's where you can get a combo in. It's also not a bad idea to have the buster ready for some long-distance attacks so you aren't getting picked off constantly. Finally, the very tip of the top part of Weil's final form can be grabbed, keeping you above the lower laser attack. Anything else in that fight just involves good positioning or timing... which after a few days off was never going to happen. Not the best place to come back to after a long layoff, but that's that!
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

This is it. Zero actually, and finally dies for real. Unfortunately, Croire also died in the explosion.

However, they do not die without meaning.

This is Zero's ONLY human kill in his entire lifespan, over hundreds of years of existing, originally meant to be the one to destroy the world, he only finally kills one in his last minutes. This has an incredible amount of (unintended), yet perfectly fitting meaning.

Since the very first Megaman game, the Three Laws of Robotics are constantly brought up. For anyone rusty on the details, here they are below:

1) A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.

2) A robot must obey orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.

3) A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

However, what most people do not know, is that there is actually one more law, which was an extra one added by Asimov himself at a later date.

"A robot may not harm a human being, unless he finds a way to prove that ultimately the harm done would benefit humanity in general."

This law is never brought up in the Megaman series ever, but it is a law that supercedes the original three. Therefore, it must be a rank higher than 1.

This is the ultimate directive that Zero unknowingly followed to the end, the Zeroth Law of Robotics.

By executing this directive and killing Weil, he ended the hundreds of years long feud between two old men with his last act. But also in a way, Dr. Wily finally proved that he was superior - just not in the way he ever dreamt to. It took the guidance and working with his friend X, who had all the wise teachings of Dr. Light, as well as the help and compassion from everyone he met along the way.

With X's soul literally now gone from this plane existence and Zero finally dead for the last time with no hope of recovery, this is the way the main Megaman series finally ends. I don't think it could have wrapped up any better, so I am very glad they decided to not stop it at Z3.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To end this note, I will include the aftermath of those who managed to survive the war from the drama tracks, touched up a bit to be less janky.

(The following is told from the viewpoint of a third party that isn't any character seen in the games.)

..And so, two years later, we are building a new life.

The birth rate has doubled, with joyful cries of people coming from the utopia.

Even armed Reploids like the Pantheons that were in charge of keeping public order are now having a great time taking care of area restoration and children. Today, our all-out war is with cradles and diapers instead of guns.

When these little children grow up, we of the older generations will still keep calling the Neo Arcadia ruins a utopia. However, the younger generations will laugh at the old people, and say with conviction that everywhere in the world is a utopia for them. I can't wait for the day where that happens.

We lost our comfortable lifestyle as a result of the Weil incident and were reduced to rags. However, those who fought bravely until the very end, managed to survive without having their most valuable things stolen from them.

I can't help but believe that this time around, thanks to this education, an age will come in which we humans and Reploids can co-exist. No, if that doesn't happen then we can't apologize to the comrades and Reploids who were lost in the wars.

There's no more utopia and the scars run deep. However, despite sweating in the summer, and rubbing the numb hands in winter, that tanned girl has totally adapted to the outside in these 2 years, and she thinks that the tales of the dome being a utopia are but fairy tales. Her innocent eyes had caught sight of more splendid things, like that of the outside world.

At the end of this reportage, I would like to introduce a passage from an interview with Dr. Ciel about the legendary Reploid.

― I heard he still kept fighting when Ragnarok was falling. In your eyes, and as someone who was the closest to him, the legendary Reploid, how powerful was he really?

"When I woke up Zero, he had no memories, he didn't even remember who he was. Nevertheless, he always looked forward at all times."

When asked if she, who fought all this time with the Resistance and had lost most everything, still had something left for her, she smiled as an answer.

The baby boom was no exception here. During the interview in Area Zero, dark-skinned children were energetically running around. When they jumped into the grass barefoot, light green grasshoppers flew in surprise.

It's like an oasis in a devastated land. Nature on Area Zero is abundant, shining with vitality in the sunlight. We are alive, even if by our foolishness. I can't help but believe that it should be possible to start over in this land as many times as needed.

As long as there is life out there, everything begins anew.

Begins anew, from zero.

- - - M E G A M A N - - -
~ T H E ~ E N D ~

At least... this is what I want to believe. But Capcom went ahead and upheaved this perfectly good ending for some reason with ZX. But that will be a bridge to cross later.
Donut

Post by Donut »

Congratulations raocow. When you started this all way back when, I was really hoping you'd try the Zero series, and I'm happy to see you enjoyed it as much as I hoped you did, even if the finale was rough on you (no worries about the savestating; even when I was marathoning on my own time I had to take a break partway through). But of course, there's more to say than just my well wishes. As per the contract I have imposed on myself, I have a lot to get through in this post. So without further ado, time to translate.

First off, all the bosses in the Boss Refights get new voice clips before and after their respective fights:

Pegasolta Eclair pre-battle (Refights): Ni do me wa nai 二度目は、ない You won't win again.

Pegasolta Eclair defeat (Refights): Uso da! Konna 嘘だ!こんな・・・ It can't be! To lose like this...!

Sol Titanion pre-battle (Refights): Maji uza sugi マージウザすぎー This is soooooo annoying!

Sol Titanion defeat (Refights): Arienai ありえなーい!I can't believe this!

Fenri Lunaedge pre-battle (Refights): Kirisake kiba yo 切り裂け!牙よ! These fangs'll rip you apart!

Fenri Lunaedge defeat (Refights): Yaru na やるな・・・ ...Not bad.

Noble Mandrago pre-battle: (Refights): Shitsukoi wa yo しつこいわよ!You're persistent.

Noble Mandrago defeat (Refights): Iya - Iya yo 嫌っ!嫌よ!N-Noooo!

Popla Cocapetri pre-battle (Refights): Tosaka ni kuru ze トサカに来るぜ!You've gone and ruffled me up! (This is a pun based on an idiom for getting angry, literally meaning "turning as red as a rooster's comb." I appropriated an English idiom appropriately)

Popla Cocapetri defeat: (Refights) なにィ!WHAT?

Tech Kraken pre-battle (Refights): Mishirushi choudai 御首頂戴!Grant me your head!

Tech Kraken defeat (Refights): Sasuga da さすがだ・・・ As I thought...

Heat Genblem pre-battle (Refights): Ikimasu 行きます! Here I come!

Heat Genblem defeat (Refights): Taichou 隊長ーー! Commander!!!

Mino Magnus pre-battle (Refights, identical to first fight): Bumooooooo ブモーーー! MMMMOOOOOO.

Mino Magnus defeat (Refights): ...ndado? んだどぉ!? Huh?

Next up is Dr. Weil Phase 1. As a small aside, Dr. Weil was by far my favorite character to translate in the game, and partially the reason I started this whole project in the first place. He's just such a ham-fistedly villainous character, and as expected his lines are something else. He was the first character whose lines I did, and I was editing the lines up until only a few days ago, so I hope it comes through. Now, onward:

Pre-battle: Risou da to? Tawagoto da 理想だと? 戯言だ!Ideals, you say? What rubbish!

Firing purple orbs: Kurae 食らえいっ!Take this!

Summoning the 8 Judges (EX skill): Yomigaere! Waga shimobe yo 甦れ!我が僕よ!Return from the dead, my servants!

Falling boulders: Shukusei da 粛清だ!Purge!

Falling daggers from above: Zetsubou se yo 絶望せよ!Fall into despair!

Purple orb that fires down bullets: Kyoufu se yo 恐怖せよー! Cower in fear!

Recovering health: Chikara wo yokose 力をよこせ! Give me power!

Blue crystals (EX skill, not featured in this video): Uttoushii 鬱陶しい! Annoying pest!

Defeat: Sasuga da na! Eiyuu さすがだなぁ!英雄!I should have expected no less, "Hero!"

And finally, Dr. Weil Phase 2.

Rising into the battlefield: Shinen! Kono teido de wa shinen no da 死ねんっ! この程度では死ねんのだぁーっ!I live! You'll need to do more than that to kill me!

Fusing with Ragnarok: Dou da kono itami wa! Kisama ni wakaru ka どうだこの痛みは! 貴様に分かるかぁ!Behold the pain I must go through! Can something like you understand it?!

Pre-battle: Owaranu akumu da 終わらぬ悪夢だ!I am the unending nightmare!

Firing the lower spike out: Nameru na 舐めるなぁ!Don't make light of me!

Reflecting orbs attack: Nigero nigero 逃げろ逃げろぉ! Run! Run!

Green webs: Chokozai na 猪口才な!Such impudence!

If you get trapped by the green webs: Buzama da na 無様だなぁ!How very sad.

Orange laser: Kieusero 消え失せろ! Begone!

Firing purple orbs from above: Kozakashii 小賢しい!You little rat!

Sending worms after Zero: Asonde yare 遊んでやれ!Go play with him.

Projectile that fires grey needles (EX Skill, not featured in this video): Oro ka na 愚かな! You fool!

Defeat: Kono - washi ga...! Ningyou gotoki ni... Horobe! Horonde shimae この・・・ワシが・・・人形ごときに・・・滅べぇ!滅んでしまえぇー!
I - This cannot be! And by an empty doll like you...! Perish! Burn in the fires of hell!

That's the end of the lines in this game. But there's one more passage I'd like to include, as a little bonus. See, at the beginning of the credits scene, there was originally a small bit of vocals sung from Ciel's perspective that was removed from the international release, as can be listened to here:

It's a small, but very bittersweet bit that always stuck in my mind. So as one last translation:

Itsumo mune ni afureteru anata he no omoi いつも胸にあふれてる あなたへの想い
Eien wa nai kara ima wa soba ni ite hoshii no 永遠はないから今は傍にいて欲しいの

My heart is always overflowing
With thoughts about you
There is no such thing as forever
So I just want you to be next to me for now

Well, that's it. I don't know how many people enjoyed my translations, but I had fun making and sharing them. Good luck with the rest of the Mega Mens to come, raocow!
Last edited by Donut 5 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

The ending of Megaman Zero 4 is, for me personally, the archetype of bittersweet endings (in a good way). You stopped the threat and ended the villainous scheme at a great cost and with sacrifice. It's very powerful.

About the attack where Weil summons four MMZ3 bosses, the version we saw first (25:29) is kind of disappointing, because for two of the bosses all they do is just land and nothing happens. I find the other version (26:31) more interesting.

During the second phase I felt that you should have used your gun more, so that you can attack more safely. It's just as you said in the Ragnarok Control (Craft) episode: "Sometimes you just need a gun." And it's just an overall point to keep in mind. I know it's tempting to just tank things and slash away, but trying to out-damage the boss in a DPS race doesn't always work. These attacks are all meant to be dodged, and usually it doesn't look like something outrageous you need to do.
Donut wrote: 5 years ago
That's the end of the lines in this game. But there's one more passage I'd like to include, as a little bonus. See, at the beginning of the credits scene, there was originally a small bit of vocals sung from Ciel's perspective that was removed from the international release, as can be listened to here:

It's a small, but very bittersweet bit that always stuck in my mind.
Yeah, I was listening to the MMZ4 music the other day and I was surprised to hear vocals.
Heavy Sigh

Post by Heavy Sigh »

And so, the last of the Maverick Hunters cuts down the greatest Maverick of all... an old man in a space station.

ALSO! CYBORG FACTS! The Devil Himself, LORD WEIL

"Do you see this pain!? You'd NEVER understand ANY of it!!" Dr. Weil, Mega Man Zero 3

Dr. Weil, known as Dr. Vile (Dokuta Bairu) in Japan and addressed by his followers as Lord Weil, is the true main antagonist of the Mega Man Zero series. While he does not appear in person until Mega Man Zero 3, his schemes during the Elf Wars had repercussions that lasted for the rest of the era.

Dr. Weil's design takes notable traits from his villainous predecessor, Dr. Wily. He appears as an old man with rough skin, a pointed nose, long gray hair, a beard, and red eyes resulting from his transformation into a cyborg. On his chest plate is a symbol that vaguely resembles a W. Because of his cyborg body, he appears as a floating figure with no legs; his lower body is replaced by an array of black and red arrow-like bands to form a coat of sorts. His head is engulfed in an orange glass shell filled with some sort of fluid, often causing his hair to freely flow upwards. When the shell is broken, his hair falls down around his face.

History

Dr. Weil was a human scientist who participated in the project to design the original Cyber-elf, the Mother Elf. In this project, Dr. Weil was a coworker and rival of the ancestress of the future Resistance leader Ciel, and both of them had significantly different views on how the Maverick Wars should be resolved. Weil made weapons to use against the Mavericks and specialized in Reploid revival for use as slave soldiers, and viewing Zero's body as the ideal weapon to end the wars, used it to develop Omega, while his partner worked on analyzing Zero's cognitive program in hopes of finding a cure for the Maverick Virus.

Although the Mother Elf was completed and was successfully used by X to end the Maverick Wars and eliminate the virus altogether, Dr. Weil was dissatisfied with these results. He believed that the Reploids should pay for the carnage their wars caused and submit to humanity. Dr. Weil proposes Project Elpizo, a plan to combine the Mother Elf with Omega to exert control over all Reploids, putting Weil at odds with X and his ideals of coexistence. As humans were terrified of another lengthy war, many favored the project.

The Elf Wars

To further push his agenda, Weil secretly took control of the Mother Elf and reprogrammed her, transforming her into the Dark Elf and created clones of her called Baby Elves. The Baby Elves were used to control Reploids, forcing them to fight each other in a massive battle.

The conflict spread fear and destruction worldwide, resulting in increased support for Project Elpizo, but X and Zero (whose program was put in a new body) managed to recapture the Dark Elf, and used her power to turn the war in their favor, forcing Dr. Weil to unleash Omega onto the battlefield. Omega, supported by an army of Golems, would slaughter countless numbers of humans and Reploids before finally being defeated by X and Zero, bringing the war to an end.

In the aftermath of the war, a group of enraged human survivors, unwilling to let him simply die, modified Weil into a cyborg with a bio-mechanical suit that would keep him alive. His memories were converted into data, so that he would never forget his crimes, and was then banished into the wastelands he had created, to suffer eternally therein. Their revenge would prove to have been a mistake, as Dr. Weil began to plot his revenge on human and Reploid alike.

Prior to becoming a cyborg, Weil was a simple human being, with all the physical limitations and frailties of humankind. Arguably his greatest attribute was his immense intellect. His specialty as a scientist revolved around weapons development and Reploid DNA-revival, meaning he could resuscitate and enhance dead Reploids. He was also capable of transferring consciences for Reploids, as evidenced by his creation of Omega for Zero's original body.

As part of his conversion into a cyborg, Weil's body gained powerful regenerative capabilities, to the point where he could survive a direct hit from the city-busting Ragnarok cannon. The armor also kept him alive and ageless during his 100 year exile. It was so powerful, Weil was confident that he could survive the fall of Ragnarok, including atmospheric re-entry and the impact with Area Zero. With this mechanical body, Weil could levitate, which he used as his primary means of locomotion. Due to his mechanical body, he was also capable of fusing with machinery to gain extra capabilities, doing this on two occasions in his fight against Zero.

Dr. Weil in the manga.

Zero kicked him into a hole and he died.

Attacks

Core Fusion Form

First fusing with the Ragnarok Core, he gains a large battle armor and a vast arsenal of abilities. As a possible extension of his scientific capabilities of reviving Reploids, he can summon the Weil Numbers to aid him in fighting Zero. He was also able to summon Death Swords to act as lightning rods to trap his enemies, fire crystal-like projectiles and energy projectiles, and other abilities.

Weil can create long transit frames between his teleport frequency, make him even harder to hit. Sometimes he returns with three illusions of him, only the real one will eventually become solid.

Death Pierce: Throws six swords that act as lightning rods on the field, then charges a purple energy ball, which continuously fires off lightnings at those swords that creates a static field on the floor.
Meteor Illusion: Summons two waves of meteors at the top, first with grey, second with three grey and three gold meteors in specific patterns.
Acid Rain: Releases eight blue energy balls that spreads into the whole floor, then teleports to the other side and repeat.
Energy Recovery: Summons four green destructible blobs onto the field. If they aren't destroyed, each will heal Weil about 10 health points.
Enemy Inferno: Summons a floating multi-colored ball and summon four of the eight Weil Numbers to attack. They appear in the following order: Blazin' Flizard (appears in the left corner and uses Chain Burner), Childre Inarabitta (uses Screw Ice), Hellbat Schilt (uses Thunder Reverb from the right corner), Deathtanz Mantisk (uses Razor Arm from the left corner), Cubit Foxtar (Uses Fire Rain), Glacier le Cactank (Attempts to crush Zero), Volteel Biblio (Electrifies the floor), and Tretista Kelverian (Attempts to crush Zero).
EX Skill: Enemy Inferno Neo: Same as Enemy Inferno, but Weil will summon all eight Weil Numbers.
EX Skill: Death Prism: Summon a hexagonal-shaped ice block with pointy edges and splits it into three smaller homing prisms.

Ragnarok Form

After his first defeat and the resulting partial destruction of Ragnarok, Weil fused with what remained of the space station, becoming a colossal monstrosity, capable of using several energy attacks, such as a particle beam and energy projectiles, ensnaring foes with energy webs, and firing spikes as well. The process of transforming into this form was also extremely painful for Dr. Weil. (This is made more explicit in the Drama Tracks, where Weil is heard screaming in agony as the wires are jamming into him, and Weil says, (Dou da kono itami wa!? Kisama ni wakaru ka!?!? ------- kono itami ga kisama ni wakaruka!) as "Can you understand pain, such as this?!" or "Do you see this pain!? You'd NEVER understand any of it!!" The Japanese version also had Dr. Weil bleed while transforming.)

Net Capture: Fires off multiple web-shaped hazards that immobilize the player upon contact and can be destroyed. Once captured, Weil uses either Abyss Nova or summon Bonsects.
Abyss Nova: Lowers the horn shield to charge up energy and fire a straight laser blast that rakes from the top to near floor. Once on ground level, Dr. Weil will fire another laser that moves up the screen. A well-timed dash will avoid the laser going down, but Zero will have to grab Weil's upper horn to avoid the next laser. Another variation only fires one shot if the player is captured in the Cyber Web.
Bonsect Summon: Two Bonsects appear from two different green portals. Can be destroyed or disarmed by the Zero Knuckle.
Acid Barrage: Sends a small orb towards the top horn that fires off like Acid Rain, but instead shoots five blobs and there is only one wave per turn.
Crimson Orbs: Lowers the horn shield, and fires off three red energy balls in a pattern that each splits into three smaller ones upon destruction.
Thorn Pressure: Lowers the horn shield and fires it off as a projectile that returns to Weil after a few seconds.
EX Skill: Buster Star: Charges up and fires a spherical object that continuously releases spike projectiles in a plus (+) or cross (x) manner.

Trivia:
Three different designs - young, middle-aged, and elder - were proposed for Weil's character. The final design of Weil was based on the latter character concept. The middle-aged concept for Weil would later be used for the Elf Wars segment from the 55th issue from the Archie Comics serial for Mega Man.
Canonically, Weil is the only Mega Man villain who has successfully destroyed the world's main government, leaving it in a post-apocalyptic state. In fact, he has accomplished this twice, including the Elf Wars and the Ragnarok event.
Although he has no official connection to Dr. Wily, the two doctors have other similarities besides the structure of their names: they both continued to menace the world long after the demise of their mortal bodies.
It is presumed that Dr. Weil had uncovered full knowledge of Dr. Wily's life and works and was able to fully analyze Zero to bring out his original purpose with said knowledge before the Elf Wars; Evidence in Area X-2 with the background data screens that show all known info of Zero such as being labeled DR.W.N∞ (Dr. Wily Number Infinity) and 'End of All' (Dr. Wily's original intention for his final creation).
Dr. Weil mentions that humans enjoy ultimate power and having everything obey their every command. Sigma mentions a similar description of humanity to General when telling him to get Repliforce to fight against humanity/the Maverick Hunters.
It should be noted that "Weil" is technically a correct translation of Bairu, if it follows German phonetics; however, "Vile" is the name acknowledged by official Japanese media, proven by the fact that the boss logo in Mega Man Zero 4, which is no longer an Omega symbol, is the letter V in the Japanese game (it is changed into W in the English releases).
Chikao Ohtsuka, Dr. Weil's voice actor, had previously voiced various video game mad scientists, including Dr. Eggman and Gerald Robotnik from the Sonic the Hedgehog series (the latter of whom coincidentally enacted a similar plot to Dr. Weil in Sonic Adventure 2 with the Space Colony ARK).
Shard1697

Post by Shard1697 »

the horn grabbing in question

I always thought this was very goofy. very cool fight otherwise though, and one of the rare exchanges of dialogue in a megaman game that I really like beforehand.
Zummorr
Bug Catcher

Post by Zummorr »

Get well soon raocow!

For a robot who runs around with a sword while wearing metal jock strap Zero, surprisingly, is a pretty much the coolest.

I don't know how much you like artbooks but the Megaman Zero Official Complete Works book is pretty good.
You can learn fun facts like!

Or exciting tidbits from the artists.

And see the many cat-faces of Croire!
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Negative

Post by Negative »

In case anyone's interested, here's the article Chirei referred to, giving a civilian reporters perspective on the end of the Zero series and the future of the world.

https://megaman.fandom.com/wiki/Vile%27 ... nd_rebirth

Alternatively, you can check out this video for an in depth look into Zero's life and his relationship with X.

Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

Man, you were a bit out of it for this one, but that is to be expected considering the circumstances. I think even so, you managed to make a good video and gave a very nice ending speech.

RIP Zero, had the good grace to make 3+1 excellent games and call it quits when the going was strong. I realize that they're not the most popular series out there* (even though the Zero games are the best Mega Man games, fight me), but I still appreciate that their ending is so definite that nobody has ever clamored for a Zero 5 to happen, at least of what I read online.

[can't wait for a surprise announcement of Zero 5 on Mobile/slot machines only, starting with Zero looking for his helmet he lost in the crash because he's got serious pattern baldness underneath]

*a quick google which might be wrong tells me that over twice as many people have bought Zero 1 in its release year than Mega Man Legends 2, and a LOT of people wanted Legends 3. Of course, Legends 2 afaik ended on a cliffhanger, but X5 did not and they still continued.
ztarwuff
What the heck is a flair and why am I being asked to write one for my profile?

Post by ztarwuff »

And now the cover art for the game's remastered sountrack, Physis, might make more sense to some people.

Who wants to hear the final boss music remixed?

Super Llama
Love is stored in the robot

Post by Super Llama »

Chirei wrote: 5 years ago This is it. Zero actually, and finally dies for real.

Eeeeeeeh, kinda? It depends on how you interpret the biometals in ZX.

Zero ultimately being the one to save the day, bring peace between humans and reploids and drag the world back from its absolute lowest point gets doubly awesome after

Mega Man 11 and the revelation that Wily originally wanted to make robot heroes, only to be consumed by envy and petty revenge, leading to him creating his greatest work just to further said petty revenge, only for said creation to go on and become exactly the kind of hero he initially wanted to create.

Kincyr
HONK!

Post by Kincyr »

Donut wrote: 5 years ago That's the end of the lines in this game. But there's one more passage I'd like to include, as a little bonus. See, at the beginning of the credits scene, there was originally a small bit of vocals sung from Ciel's perspective that was removed from the international release, as can be listened to here:

it's worth noting that the vocals are present in the Zero Collection for the DS, as well as the Japanese voice clips for Ciel at the end of Zero 3 (international versions used standard textboxes, which are kept for translation purposes)

for the curious, other changes and improvements are listed here: https://megaman.fandom.com/wiki/Mega_Ma ... me_changes

also, fun fact: the kana spelling used for 'ZX' in the next series indicates that it was intended to be pronounced 'Zex', a portmanteau of the two letters' non-American-English pronunciations ('Zed' or 'Zet', which is the case in Japan and 'Ex'). by shear coincidence, it also happens to be pronounced the same as the German word for six, 'sechs', and the ZX series is the 6th Mega Man series.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

alright, just did a very quick recording test and I'm good for the DS so the zx duology should go okay. we gotta play the psp first though
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Stink Terios

Post by Stink Terios »

Super Llama wrote: 5 years ago
Chirei wrote: 5 years ago This is it. Zero actually, and finally dies for real.

Eeeeeeeh, kinda? It depends on how you interpret the biometals in ZX.

Naaaaaahhhhh Zero is dead.

The biometals are just based on the originals, sorta like Copy X. I guess Ciel just couldn't help herself!

SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

raocow wrote: 5 years ago alright, just did a very quick recording test and I'm good for the DS so the zx duology should go okay. we gotta play the psp first though
what emulator/version? melonDS was just updated to include a bunch of new accuracy improvements: http://melonds.kuribo64.net/comments.php?id=63
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
LunarRainbowShyGuy

Re: Mega Man Maverick Hunter X - Just Vile

Post by LunarRainbowShyGuy »

I was a bit busy today, but I finally played this stage myself. I'm glad I'm not trying for S ranks in these final stages; if I was I'm not sure if I'd be able to do it before the end of the day. Anyway, this stage is the one where you fight all the bosses again. Fortunately I mostly remembered how to fight these bosses. Meanwhile raocow never really learned how to fight them properly in the first place, which of course came back to bite him.

I'm not sure if I've said this before, but while combo attacks can do a lot of damage, I feel like some of these fights would go better if raocow were to just use good old charged attacks (which it looks like raocow eventually figured out). That's not to say that saber combo attacks don't have their uses, but unless you're reasonably familiar with the boss's attacks I'd say it's better to stick with charged attacks, or at the very least hang back and look for an opening instead of smashing your face into everything. While I'm still talking about the stage: one little thing I like about this stage is that there are enemies for each of the elements before the teleporter room, giving you an alternative way to exploit boss weaknesses.

Now for the final boss, where we finally get to beat up Dr. Weil. He certainly isn't an easy boss though; I think I lost around 7-8 lives against him before I managed to beat him (fortunately I had 4 extra lives going into the stage, so I only had to replay it once). His first form alone gave me quite a bit of trouble, but after learning his attacks I was able to get to his second form consistently. I even considered breaking my self imposed no subtank rule... except I never actually bothered to get any of the subtanks. One thing I don't think anyone has said yet is that when he sticks swords in the ground you can use the Zero Knuckle to quickly pull them out of the ground and use them as a weapon (though they only last for one hit, and I didn't really pay attention to how much damage they do).

Now for Dr. Weil's second form. When I first got to this form I only had one HP left, but I was ready to have an incredible fight where I miraculously managed to win without getting hit, topping the fight I had against the final boss in Zero 3 where I beat the final phase on my first try, but with enough HP to take a few hits. What actually happened was that Weil spawned an enemy on top of me and I died immediately. Silly situations aside, this form is also difficult, and I didn't beat it until I got good enough at the first form to beat it without getting hit. Even then I was only one hit away from dying, and right before I beat him it looked like he was about to use his EX attack, which I never saw him use and thus would have been completely unprepared to dodge.

With that all done, it looks like the Zero series is over. I'd say these are some really great games, and I'm glad I decided to play through them a second time. Each day I've looked forward to playing along with raocow, and it's neat being able to compare my own playthrough with that of someone playing these games for the first time, although I forgot most of what happens in these games (which was the whole reason I played along in the first place). Even so, it seems that I retained some of the skill I built up from my first playthrough. I definitely remember having more trouble my first time playing these games (where I also went for S ranks), and that was without any of the restrictions I placed on myself. I could say a lot more here, but I think I'll end this by saying once again that I really like these games, to the point that they now probably rank among my favourite games of all time.

Grounder

Post by Grounder »

MMMHX actually does change some story elements, so if things seem off, that's probably why.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

So raocow is not wrong about X8 leaking into this game.

The sound effects, voice actors, and even graphics (the life and energy capsules look the same!) are all from X8. Sadly, we will probably never see where this went.

Anyway, Vile basically has the shitty version of the Freudenstachel. He regenerates weapon energy very fast, but it's used for all his attacks and he doesn't have a lot of it. Just remember that you can toss the BUMPITY BOOM two ways.

First Boss: Mega Man X

Weakness: BUMPITY BOOM (defeats him in 4 hits)