(shouting)

Mega Man - We're Here Forever!

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Chirei

Re: Mega Man Zero 4 - Absolute Zero

Post by Chirei »

ano0maly wrote: 5 years ago Also are there really four subtanks total?
Yes, but two of them are gained from crafting, which I think raocow should do as little of as possible. Two subtanks should be far more than enough to beat this game even firemanning it.
Heavy Sigh

Post by Heavy Sigh »

Welp, since Neo Arcadia is now a thing of the past, what better time than now to expound on its history?

HISTORY OF NEO ARCADIA
Founding

Concerned about the safety of the civilians who had suffered greatly during the Elf Wars, Mega Man X founded Neo Arcadia as an organization dedicated to providing support to the refugees and survivors. Treating humans and Reploids equally and doing everything in his power to tend to them, he quickly earned a reputation as a savior among the refugees, which allowed him to maintain order within the organisation and the survivors.

After the devastating conclusion of the four year long conflict, Neo Arcadia expanded from an organization into a large city with its own government. While the name "Neo Arcadia" officially referred to the government in power, the dome city itself was also called by that name. With virtually the entire world rendered inhospitable to humans or Reploids, Neo Arcadia became the center of the world, housing the entire remaining world population in the last functioning city. With the creation of Neo Arcadia as a city and government came two primary objectives: To eradicate the Mavericks who had been the cause of the wars, and restoring the world from the horrible scars it had suffered after centuries of warfare. X, having earned the reputation of a legendary hero because of his efforts in the past wars and beyond, became the leader of Neo Arcadia, and was commonly referred to as "Master X" by citizens (though he never agreed to the title).

Reign of Copy X

Following X's emergency measure to reinforce the seal on the Dark Elf using his own body, Neo Arcadia was rendered leaderless for a time, something that would immediately lead to its destruction without prompt action. To ensure the safety and stability of the city, a young child prodigy named Ciel created a duplicate of X which took over the role of leadership. Only a few within the government were aware of this switch. Around the same time, the Four Guardians were created to fulfill Neo Arcadia's second objective of restoring the world from the ravages of war, while also protecting Neo Arcadia from Maverick uprisings.

Under the rule of Copy X, Neo Arcadian society underwent some drastic changes. Instead of supporting the original X's philosophy of coexistence, Copy X decided that maintaining the happiness of humanity was Neo Arcadia's primary objective and that all Reploids had to ensure it stayed that way. Reploids were once more forced into the workforce for the humans and treated as second class citizens.

Some time afterwards, Neo Arcadia faced an energy crisis as the citizens' demand for energy continued to grow, far beyond what the city by itself could provide. Seeing the living standards of humanity threatened, Copy X decided to solve the problem in a very simplistic way.

To provide more energy to humans, energy to Reploids had to be cut back. But instead of giving Reploids less energy, Copy X decided to simply erase Reploids to ease supply. Over time, more and more Reploids were accused of being Mavericks and found guilty in trials set up by the Neo Arcadian government. Copy X presided over the Eight Gentle Judges as the Inner Council of Neo Arcadia, who in turn sentenced countless innocent Reploids to death by termination.

Soon, Reploids, fearful of unjust termination, started to actively rebel against Neo Arcadia, though with little success. Whatever rebellion arose within the bounds of the city, it was quickly and efficiently subdued.

Struck with guilt by the suffering her creation had caused amongst Reploids, Ciel began helping hunted Reploids to flee the city to establish an active Resistance outside of Neo Arcadia.

Characteristics:

Neo Arcadia was a gargantuan city, although exact specifications were never stated. The city was home to the survivors of the Maverick and the Elf Wars, housing at least 20 million people within its center alone. The city itself was protected by an even larger domed sphere, called "Eden Dome". Not only did the dome protect the city from the hazardous conditions of the devastated world, but also from Maverick Reploids roaming the outskirts. Furthermore, the Eden Dome contained its own weather control system, providing pleasant temperatures and weather conditions for the citizens of Neo Arcadia.

Neo Arcadia's power supply was provided by a huge energy facility below the city, called Sub Arcadia. Similar to the rest of the world during the Maverick Wars, nature in Neo Arcadia was manufactured and techno-organic. much of Neo Arcadia was covered with such techno-organic nature in order to soothe the worries of its human residents. In all directions around Neo Arcadia however, large forest areas can be found, rich in half artificial, half organic trees. These forest areas, namely Anatre, Dysis, and Notus, also contained ruins that were monitored by Neo Arcadia and were off-limits to regular citizens and even most military personnel. Officially, these ruins belonged to an ancient, pre-human civilization, while in truth, the ruins housed relics of the Elf Wars, namely, resting places of the Baby Elves as well as the key to the Dark Elf's seal.
Super Llama
Love is stored in the robot

Post by Super Llama »

There are two kinds of head parts that might be of interest to you. One of them lets you heal by standing still (A-Recover), and one decreases your charge time (Q-Charge). These two parts are technically six parts, since there's three levels of each, with the higher level ones obviously being more effective, but requiring more parts.

The parts you need for each:

A-Recover
* Poplan (acquired)
* V.Fencer
* ArcCannon (acquired, required for level 2 version)
* P.Corpse (required for level 3 version)

Q-Charge
* BeamWalker (acquired)
* RBCannon
* NicosCrabB (required for level 2 version)
* SerpentGear (acquired, required for level 3 version)

V.Fencer can be found in the Magnetic Zone (they're the humanoid guys hanging from power lines)
P.Corpse and NicosCrabB can be found in the Hibernation Chamber (P.Corpses spawn when the evil cyber-elves take over one of the dead bodies, and NicosCrabB are those bomb-dropping scuttling guys in that alternate path you just went through)
RBCannon can be found either in the Deep Sea or the Artificial Sun (they're stationary cannons that shoot out rolling green orbs)
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

A huge warning about using Croire's elemental turrets!

The elemental shots have the same priority as some of Zero's saber slashes (and the charge slash!!!), so it will make boss fights significantly more difficult, as you will probably swing after the shot lands and your big charge attack just does 0 damage since it's the same priority. Furthermore, if the boss is elementally strong against it, not only will the shot do 0 damage, but they still get all the i-frames!

I HIGHLY suggest not using them because of this unless you are willing to turn them off as you reach a boss. You WILL get very annoyed very quick if you try to fight them with it on.

I'm also unsure about this because I've never been foolish enough to try, but if your positioning is bad enough, the final boss will be IMPOSSIBLE to beat if you have it on.
Reverning

Post by Reverning »

That's not really that relevant to raocow though. He has the controls set to weapon switch, and he doesn't switch that quickly.
Stink Terios

Post by Stink Terios »

Reverning wrote: 5 years ago That's not really that relevant to raocow though. He has the controls set to weapon switch, and he doesn't switch that quickly.
What?

Croire doesn't modify the buster if that's what you're thinking. Instead, low-damage elemental shots happen in regular intervals. Naturally, it sucks!
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Talkhaus history is made.
Attachments
Uh-oh.jpg
Uh-oh.jpg (32.86 KiB) Viewed 3517 times
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

I was wondering when that would happen
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

After looking it up, I can actually change that character limit in the settings. Just upped it to 64,000 now. Never mind! History is canceled!

Still going to ask if I could borrow that second post in the thread for when the character limit issue pops up again. Probably would change it back to 60k and just let that one house the playthrough list from Zero 4 on.
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Bean wrote: 5 years ago Still going to ask if I could borrow that second post in the thread...
Here's an alternative strategy if you're crazy like me: create a new post, edit the timestamp in the database to be after the first post but before the second, and then use the "merge threads" UI to insert a post into the thread.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

You could just use your next post in the thread (it's a few posts down on the page) and include links to each other.
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

ano0maly wrote: 5 years ago You could just use your next post in the thread (it's a few posts down on the page) and include links to each other.
this is a saner strategy but I still recommend using my method because it's far more convoluted and so much funnier if it goes wrong :catplanet:
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

Reverning wrote: 5 years ago That's not really that relevant to raocow though. He has the controls set to weapon switch, and he doesn't switch that quickly.
Terios already simplified it, but here's the extended version:

What those elemental shots do is turn Croire into a turret. The shots do maybe like 3 fire/ice/thunder damage (halved against bosses). Only using the Z-Saber as a comparison, it shares the same attack priority as the first slash of the triple combo, and the charge slash this means that if any of these 3 attacks hit a boss, none of the others can hit them again while they have i-frames.

The 1st slash does 8 damage. (4 on bosses)
A charged slash does 16 damage. (8 on bosses)

In no situation is this favorable to have Croire firing against a boss, as the maximum damage you will get out of it is a measly 2 or 3 lines, or 0 in the worst case if they are strong against the element.

Reiterating again, this would probably make the final boss impossible due to how it works.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

doors are haaaaaard
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

This is the final part you should be able to craft, and gives you the last "EX Skill" that you've been missing out on for basically this whole series.

Moloid Image
LamplortX Image
Tellybomb Image
Ceratanium Image
Donut

Post by Donut »

It probably isn't necessary, but at the start of the battle, Randam Bandam - and yes that is its official name - says "ALERT. ALERT. ELIMINATING PROGRAM START." Such a kooky fortress boss.

Looking forward to tomorrow's video.
Reverning

Post by Reverning »

Donut wrote: 5 years ago Randam Bandam
Ooh, I thought it seemed similar to Rangda Bangda, colored eye turrets and it bounced around just like the nose.
LunarRainbowShyGuy

Post by LunarRainbowShyGuy »

This was a neat little level. It doesn't really do anything too special, but I appreciate being able to take on the parts that are likely to give me the most trouble first (incidentally, the order I ended up doing the sections was the same as raocow). The boss here has some attacks that can be annoying, but it's not too bad. I did end up using charged Zero Knuckle attacks along with charged saber slashes to get through it quicker, which isn't something I normally do. Also, I've gotten so used to hearing the characters in these games speak Japanese that I was confused for a moment when this boss started speaking English.

SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

since you're obviously not going for all the crafting stuff, here's a full list of everything you could've gotten
https://megaman.fandom.com/wiki/Chips_( ... Man_Zero_4

of note is the 2 subtanks you can get from crafting s-crystals
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Tomorrow...
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

Well, this is it.

Important note: You may want to go farm lives somewhere, because if you game over on the final boss (and I guarantee you will, especially if Croire is firing full cylinder), you're redoing maybe 15 minutes of level.

-----------------------------------

~Chipniques Obtainlearned~

Rolling

Allows Zero to obtain his signature rolling slash again (further details below) when equipped. Swap it out with the Stronger armor if you think you might bonk into hazards.

Kuuenbu Kai

Arguably the most powerful version of Zero's Rolling Slash in the whole franchise, along with Z3.

Now in Z1 and Z2, when you obtained this move, for some odd reason Zero would do a normal jump slash first before quickly going into the rolling slash. It also didn't combo properly on bosses, making it near worthless.

This time, Zero just immediately does it when holding Up in the air and attacking. It delivers 6 hits of increasing priority that do 4/4/4/4/4/4 damage each (halved on bosses). So a full Rolling Slash is actually MORE powerful than a Charge Slash... if you can land the whole sequence of hits on them. Landing 4 of them makes it equal without the hassle of needing to charge. It also has overall better range than a jump slash for regular things in the air, so use it frequently.

Kuuenbu Kai -Ground ver.-

Same thing as Z2/Z3, but it delivers a sequence of 4 hits that do 6/6/6/6 damage. I tend not to use this because it's very easy to run into something and take contact damage, and because of this it's nearly useless against bosses. Though you can't deny that getting kills with it feels really good. It is also faster than dashing...

-----------------------------------

The long finale to all the MegaMens draws near, the curtains about to drop on the long feud between two old men that just wanted to build robots. Good luck.
Arctangent
squawky
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Arctangent »

something about the tone of sickcow's voice and his cold-tainted words really reminds me of rao from yeeeeeaaaaars back
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Hey raocow, you mentioned not wanting to pause AtMM but maybe once you're done with MMZ4, which seems like it should be pretty soon, you should take a bit of a break until you're feeling better? Recording four videos every day when you're sick can't be terribly good for your throat.
LunarRainbowShyGuy

Post by LunarRainbowShyGuy »

I don't have much to say about this level in terms of gameplay, but I like the look of this place. I also like the music here, though I was too focused on playing to appreciate it for more than a few seconds. Given that I see people praise the music from this series fairly often I should really just sit down one day and give it a listen in a context where I'm not distracted by playing a video game.

The boss here is much easier than raocow may have made it look. The way it moves during its movement attack is the same every time, and it always does that after every non-movement attack, making it really predictable. The attacks it uses in between moving aren't really that hard to dodge either.

Also, it sounds like raocow has quite a cold. Hopefully it's not as bad as it sounds, but regardless, I hope you get well soon raocow! In the meantime you can add me to the list of people that wouldn't mind if you took a break.

Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

I mean

I want to take so, so much offense to how you approached that boss

But I'm the guy that did this so I have exactly 0 mm worth of room to talk
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image