(shouting)

Mega Man - We're Here Forever!

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Re: Mega Man Zero 4 - Absolute Zero

Post by raocow »

I think Ciel teleported in that 'protect ciel while she hacks inside a skytruck' midgame mission in 2, right ?
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

So you got a Tellybomb part off this mission. You went into vision range of the Ceratanium in the water maze twice, but even I don't know how to get to that one since no one likes messing around in the maze. Unfortunately, you cannot revisit the maze part of the level. You will start revisits to this stage just before the ice dragon miniboss.

You just need to go get a part off Image this thing, and a Ceratanium to use those Moloid parts.

EDIT: The inclement weather makes Ciel's navigation directions nearly useless, as the reception is shot. She talks to you at the point in the maze where you need to jump up, but once you figure that out, it's pretty much a nothing obstacle.

~Techniques Learned~

Ice Javelin

Ice-Elemental Buster Technique. Shoots a long, powerful spear of ice forward, dealing multiple hits if the full projectile is allowed to connect. Weak enemies will be instantly frozen upon contact, usually allowing the whole thing to connect. It WILL combo on bosses with the same 1-2-3 priority as the Triple Slash.

As you noticed, you may only have one of the elemental Buster Techniques equipped at any time. The Ice Javelin is widely considered to be the strongest and best of them, though. I would recommend leaving it on unless you need something with better vertical coverage.

raocow wrote: I think Ciel teleported in that 'protect ciel while she hacks inside a skytruck' midgame mission in 2, right ?
She does teleport. Twice. With the portable variant of the teleporter, no less.
Donut

Post by Donut »

raocow beating Tech Kraken on his first try highlights a strange problem I had with this round of translations. I had to look up a lot of different videos to find voice clips for all his attacks because people kill him that quickly. I had go through 8 videos of people dunking on Tech Kraken and his revenge fantasy, and even then I had to open up the game to get one of the quotes myself due to it being rather obscure. But enough of that, on with the translations:

Pre-battle: Ware, fukushuu no yaiba nari 我、復讐の刃なり!I am the blade of vengeance!

Reflecting cyan bullets: On...odore オン! 踊れぇ!Now...dance!

Creating an ice wall (not featured in this video): Madoe 惑え! Become lost!

Firing four kunai: Todoroke 轟け!Reverberate!

Hiding within shadow: Yami yo 闇よ!Into the dark.

Tentacle strike from the shadows: Soko そこぉ!There!

If Zero drags Kraken out of the shadows with Zero Knuckle (not featured in the video): Baka na 馬鹿な! This can't be!

Swimming around: はっはっはっ・・・ Hahaha...

Orbs that fire ice lances (Ex skill): Itetsuke 凍てつけ! Turn to ice!

If knocked out of an attack: Kore shiki これしき!A glancing blow-!

Defeat: Mi, Mienu み、見えぬっ!I-I can't see!

It took a long time to figure out decent localizations for this guy because most of his declarations are one word sentences. I hope that all came out alright.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

xnamkcor wrote: 5 years ago Is Neige a reploid? Or did we just casually teleport our first human?
raocow wrote: 5 years ago I think Ciel teleported in that 'protect ciel while she hacks inside a skytruck' midgame mission in 2, right ?
Also don't forget the implicit use of the Trans Server in Zero 1
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

Tech Kraken has the ability to enter a void in time and space because, as being based off of a giant ancient underwater beast, he has some traits of elder gods
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

I think it's supposed to be that he's one of Phantom's men and has to have some sort of wannabe ninja gimmick.

Either way, his stage doesn't have much going on with it once you get past the maze section. If it wasn't for wanting a fire element move against the mid-boss, I'd say to take Tech down first. He's really, really easy compared to a lot of other fights as his attacks are slow and mostly telegraphed outside of that Ice Javelin EX Skill he does.
Le Neveu de Rameau
I'm a hoobsie roller; I got robots in my life
First name: Rameau's Nephew

Post by Le Neveu de Rameau »

xnamkcor wrote: 5 years ago Is Neige a reploid? Or did we just casually teleport our first human?

Although, I think Wily machines have teleported before for at least 5 meters with Wily inside.
Wily has straight-up teleported by himself with no machine before (and Kalinka teleports in with Proto Man earlier in the same same...actually, humans teleport alongside robots quite a lot in the original series). I don't think there's meant to be anything particularly stopping humans from teleporting; they likely just need to bring a transmitter along or something, whereas more advanced robots presumably have one built in.
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

Bean wrote: 5 years ago I think it's supposed to be that he's one of Phantom's men and has to have some sort of wannabe ninja gimmick.

Either way, his stage doesn't have much going on with it once you get past the maze section. If it wasn't for wanting a fire element move against the mid-boss, I'd say to take Tech down first. He's really, really easy compared to a lot of other fights as his attacks are slow and mostly telegraphed outside of that Ice Javelin EX Skill he does.
He uses an ink cloud, geez

But yeah, no luck involved here, Kraken is just pathetic. Pretty similar to Volteel Biblio, actually. Underwater bosses have fallen a lot from Launch Octopus!
LunarRainbowShyGuy

Post by LunarRainbowShyGuy »

Chirei wrote: 5 years ago You went into vision range of the Ceratanium in the water maze twice, but even I don't know how to get to that one since no one likes messing around in the maze.
I decided to check this out and it's actually really easy. After going down one level you just need to go as far left as possible, jumping over the hole leading further down, and you'll loop around to the other side of that wall. This makes the fact you can't revisit the maze even more unfortunate, since this could have been an easy and fast way to get Ceratanium (assuming it respawns; I never really did anything with crafting when I first played this game so I wouldn't know).

I don't really have much else to say about this level; other than the maze there's nothing special here, and Tech Kraken is really easy. Though I find the boss arena here to be pretty memorable; when I came in here I immediately recognized it from when I first played the game.

Chirei

Post by Chirei »

LunarRainbowShyGuy wrote: 5 years ago I decided to check this out and it's actually really easy. After going down one level you just need to go as far left as possible, jumping over the hole leading further down, and you'll loop around to the other side of that wall. This makes the fact you can't revisit the maze even more unfortunate, since this could have been an easy and fast way to get Ceratanium (assuming it respawns; I never really did anything with crafting when I first played this game so I wouldn't know).
All Ceratanium respawns. You basically just pick one spot and keep revisiting the stage to get as many as you need. I still like that they put one in basically every stage, though.
Shard1697

Post by Shard1697 »

Ice Element guys kind of just have a bad time in zero games. Last game we had the bunny and ice cactus, both of which are huge jobbers

At least this one had the wolf.
Donut

Post by Donut »

Because Mino Magnus deserves our love and respect, I made sure to make every translated line as perfect as they could possibly be. Presenting: The true thoughts of Mino Magnus:

Pre-battle: ブモーーー! MMMMOOOOOO.

If grab attack is successful: Totta do! Bumooooooo とったどー! ブモオォーウ!I GOT YOU!!! Mooooo...!

Orb that attracts junk (EX skill): Biimu da do ビームだどー BEAAAAAAM!

Knocking away junk collected by EX skill: ブモーーー!Mooooo!

Body separation attack: ブモーーー! Mmmooooooo!

Trying to pull Zero in with a magnet: ブモオオオォォ・・・ Moooooooo...!

If hit by weakness: ブマッ!Mah-!

Defeat: ブモッ!? Mmm?
Last edited by Donut 5 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

I only found out last week that he says something else but I always thought this guy said NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
every time he did like anything

The good weather will turn off the magnetic fields in the outside part of the level. Actually kind of makes it harder to play this level compared to bad weather.

The Ceratanium in this level was somewhere in the area of those power lines, but I'm not sure exactly where.

~Techniques Learned~

Tractor Shot

Thunder-element Buster Technique. When fully charged, a magnetic orb is generated at the end of the Buster that will draw in other projectiles and debris like the charged Magnet Mine from X2. It will grow in size up to two times, but holding it for long enough and absorbing enough things allows this thing to do potentially infinite damage, as there is no cap on how much power is added for objects absorbed.
Reverning

Post by Reverning »

raocow wrote:*uses subtank*
well, see, this time it's completely free

*dies one hit from winning*
...I'm sure that was probably frustrating, but honestly, as a viewer, it was kind of satisfying.
Heavy Sigh

Post by Heavy Sigh »

Fun fact: Mino Magnus is one of the few Mutos Reploids that joined up with Dr Weil without any brainwashing at all!

MUTOS FACTS! HORNED FIGHTING KING OF DUAL EXTREMES
Mino Magnus, known as Mino Magnaxe (ミノ・マグナクス Mino Magunakusu) in Japan, is one of the Einherjar Eight Warriors and is based on the Minotaur.

Mino, due to his magnetic abilities interfering with his poorly shielded speech processors, tends to be very slow in forming his phrases. However, he will attempt to kill anyone that interrupts him, as his brain itself is not slowed by his magnetism. He guards the Magnetic Zone which was spreading a very high amount of electronic noise to disrupt Area Zero's environmental control system.

He once worked as part of Mass Driver, a Neo Arcadian commercial transportation unit. He was built to be quite powerful, but due to a number of careless design flaws, he utilizes a massive amount of energy. Coupled with his poor speech capabilties, he was seen as not worth the trouble of employment and was mothballed. Angered by being sidelined for weaker, more energy efficient models, he seized the opportunity to join Weil's ranks at the promise of limitless energy to enact his revenge.

Nickname: 双極の角頭王 (Soukyuu no Kakutou-Ou, Horn Fighting King of Dual Extremes)
EX Skill: Magnetic Slugger (マグネティックスラッガー)
Zero's EX Skill: Tractor Shot

Attacks
Separation - Goes into the middle of the screen and separates his body into five parts, attacking Zero with a rather complex pattern of movements. Dodging this attack looks difficult, but the pattern is always the same, making this a good time to attack Magnus's vulnerable torso.
Magnetic Tractor - Tries to suck Zero in with a magnet ball formed on his spiked shoulder. There are two versions of them: pink (North) and blue (South). The pink one is stronger than the blue one.
Grab and Slam - Dashes towards Zero, grabs him and gives him a magnetic charge, then hurls him into a wall with an identical charge from his shoulder. The magnetic charge lasts for a long time and attracts bits of garbage to Zero while he's touching the ground, greatly hindering his movements until shaken off.
Magnetic Tackle - Only used if Zero is charged with a magnetic force. Pushes Zero to the wall.
Magnetic Beam - Creates a green (magnetic) ball. The ball hovers above Zero and pulls damaging garbage out of the ground beneath it, eventually forming a large cube that drops to the ground. Magnus leaps and chops this cube in half, sending blocks of debris across the floor and into the walls where they shatter into more debris.
EX Skill: Magnetic Slugger - Creates a green (magnetic) ball. The ball is released to the side of the arena opposite Magnus and returns to him while quickly gathering garbage. Magnus swings at this block of trash like a baseball, sending two blocks of garbage through the air and shattering on impact into showers of debris.
LunarRainbowShyGuy

Post by LunarRainbowShyGuy »

Today was one of those days where I just wasn't playing very well, but eventually I managed to get through this stage. This stage does some interesting things with the whole magnetism thing. If you use the Zero Knuckle on the jumping enemies you can use their legs as a melee weapon. If you use them against enemies of the same magnetic polarity they'll be sent flying, letting you destroy the otherwise invincible floating magnetic spheres. Also, against the mid-boss, if two mini crabs of opposite colours collide they'll shoot projectiles upwards which will damage the mid-boss (and while it's hard to tell it seems like they do a lot of damage).

The boss gave me a lot of trouble, but that's mostly due to my not playing well today, as he's really not that bad. His magnet ball attack is pretty easy to dodge and gives you plenty of opportunities to attack him. And while the attack where he splits into pieces may be daunting at first, it's the same every time so once you learn how to dodge it it should be fairly easy to dodge (I say "should" because I still got hit by it every time since, once again, I was playing pretty badly today).

Shard1697

Post by Shard1697 »

He... did it!
He... did it!

All... by...
himself!

4... times!
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

That Mino fight is a lot of fun once you figure out how to get around his splitting up attack better. It's a much more engaging fight than Kelverian from the last game to me since his attacks are cooler. Level was pretty neat with the magnetic gimmicks, too! Made up for the maze to staircase that was the sub stage anyway!
Shard1697

Post by Shard1697 »

I slightly prefer Kelverian because the dogs attack isn't the same every time and I think it's badass that he gets an extra lifebar.

more big dudes should get that advantage
xnamkcor

Post by xnamkcor »

raocow, Tractor Shot is an anti-materiel shot designed to hunt Tractors
You cannot add yourself to the friends list.
You cannot add yourself to the foes list.
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

This level is one of the harder ones IMO, with all the triangle machines constantly harassing you.

With the bad weather in effect, the clouds will obstruct your vision. Simple but annoying.

So now that you have a Ceratanium (you can go back to that same place to get more), you can go get a part from one of these Image to make something that increases your offensive ability.

If you would rather make something defensive, you can actually do that right now.

IN THIS EXACT ORDER:

GangaGun
Mechameson
Ceratanium

Either of these will dramatically increase your ability. If you want to have both, make sure to get another Ceratanium.

~Techniques Learned~

Thunder Stab

Thunder-elemental Saber Technique. Turns Zero's dash attack into a powerful lightning thrust. Has a much longer range and will pierce through enemies multiple times if they don't have i-frames. Also, touching a surface with any part of the lightning saber will cause two sparks to crawl along the point of impact and electrocute enemies along the way.
Donut

Post by Donut »

More people need to scream about how beautiful their deaths are as they explode violently. Pegasolta Eclair truly is ahead on the curve. As for his quotes, which gave me more trouble than anticipated:

Pre-battle: Yoru na...kegarawashii 寄るな・・・汚らわしい Filthy animal...don't come near me.

Flying through the air: フッフッフッ・・・ Fufufu...

Lightning bolt attack: はっ!はっ! Ha-! Ha-!

Lightning balls summoned between two bolts: Kurae 食らえ!Take this!

Zig-zagging thrust attack: Mogake mogake もがけもがけぇ!Struggle, I say!

Dive attack: Naore なおれ!Be seated.

If hit by dive attack (not featured in this video): Haitsukubare 這い蹲れ!Fall to your knees!

Charging animation: はあああぁぁぁ・・・ Haaaaaaaa!

Sweeping down with an electrical beam: Tenbatsu da 天罰だ!Divine punishment!

Horizontal dive attack (EX skill, not featured in this video): Chaaaaaji チャーーージ!Chaaarge!

If hit by weakness: Getsu ga 下衆が!You fiend-!

Defeat: Mushikera gotoki ni 虫ケラごときに・・・ Beaten by an insect like you...!
Last edited by Donut 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Le Neveu de Rameau
I'm a hoobsie roller; I got robots in my life
First name: Rameau's Nephew

Post by Le Neveu de Rameau »

raocow wrote:It doesn't have wants. It's a vessel.
And as we all know, nothing bad has ever resulted from assuming a vessel didn't have wants or desires.
Heavy Sigh

Post by Heavy Sigh »

Pegasolta Eclair sounds like a catering company specializing in sweets.

MUTOS FACTS! SKY-RUNNING GLAIVE

Pegasolta Eclair (ペガソルタ・エクレール) is one of the Einherjar Eight Warriors , based on Pegasus, a flying horse from Greek mythology. He uses electric attacks, is a narcissist at heart, and looks down on anything he considers to be ugly, which usually includes everything else. In Mega Man Zero 4, Pegasolta occupied the Hanging Gardens, a flying fortress equipped with generators used to create acid rain and powerful lighting storms in an attempt to destroy the environment of Area Zero.

Formerly a Reploid charged with the maintenance of a large, airborne weather control station, Eclair hated his duties, idly imagining bloody revenge on his superiors who forced him to stare at the ugly, dead earth below day in and day out. For him, Weil's takeover was a blessing, as he was redesigned for combat when Weil seized control of Neo Arcadia and transferred to a combat squad - an assignment he had long desired. Thanks to his ability to fly, he is very agile, which he combines with the lightning lances on both of his arms when fighting. With a suave and confident personality, he likes beautiful things and high places. Pegasolta Eclair's wings are fully articulated, and can be used to fly in many separate modes.

Nickname: 天翔ける神槍 (Ama kakeru Shinsou, Sky-Running Divine Lance)
EX Skill: Thunder Blast (サンダーブラスト)
Zero's EX Skill: Thunder Stab

Attacks

Lightning Assault: Moves in a zigzag pattern trying to stab Zero with his swords.
Thunder Ceptor: Launches two electric spears at Zero; if both of them land on solid ground, a bolt of lightning appears between the two and causes damage.
V Gallop: Swoops down, trying to kick Zero aside. This can push Zero off the platforms and into the bottomless pit below.
Thunder Guillotine: Emits two long lines of electricity, one horizontal and one diagonally, while floating down towards the ground. The only way to avoid damage is a well-timed dash on the central (lower) platform.
EX Skill - Thunder Blast: surrounds himself in a halo of lightning, then charges at Zero like a comet.
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

Pegasolta IS a bit of an annoying fight. Don't feel bad about being a little frustrated when trying to hit him - he is programmed dodgy (in the "avoids your attacks", not the "bad code" way), and the wind really doesn't help. Neither does the fear of falling into the holes.

Also, see, I told you that dodging things by dashing would be required!