(shouting)

Mega Man - We're Here Forever!

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Bean
Yep.

Re: Mega Man Zero 4 - Absolute Zero

Post by Bean »

I would kind of like to see what parts you do have right now or at the end of next vid. You can scroll through it super quick if you want, but I'm just curious considering the levels you've been to is all.
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

Craft is insanely hard if you're intent on ranking well, his flurry of attacks is crazy and he punishes mistakes severely and super quickly. It's probably the best fight in the game but MAN is it tough.

You really have to utilize all of your movement and attacks just to avoid his attacks. You have to slice many of his projectiles out of the air so they don't hit you, but they release lingering explosions so it restricts the space you have to deal with. You have to dash-jump over him when he does the bayonet charge. You have to dash under his charged laser with perfect timing (this is a bitch to get right). He dodges out of your combos often. You have to manipulate his homing missiles to be easily sliceable without restricting your dodging options while he is already doing his next move.

All of this is GREAT, my biggest issue is that Craft comes after a stage that is pretty boring but lengthy to do if you're high-ranking, because you do in fact have to put out all the fires. And you possibly also want to farm two Moloids at the same time, so if the RNG doesn't smile on you, you might as well restart from time issues :monstrosity: ...
Shard1697

Post by Shard1697 »

To be honest videos like this make me wish you were playing without using subtanks. It's a very fun fight to learn.
LunarRainbowShyGuy

Post by LunarRainbowShyGuy »

I don't have a lot to say about the stage, so I'll just get right to the boss. I remember Craft giving me a lot of trouble the first time I played this game, and he still gave me trouble this time around. It took me several fights just to beat him, and several more to beat him without dying to him first. Fortunately with each fight against him I got better and eventually managed to beat him without dying, and fortunately I managed to get an S rank on that attempt.

All of his attacks caused me trouble in one way or another, but his laser attack gave me the most trouble. If you can't get behind him you'll have to dash under it with very precise timing, and for me he really liked to use it while standing at the very edge so I couldn't get behind him. Also I usually fight bosses by just using charged saber slashes, but after a few attempts I decided I needed to change my strategy. I decided to bring out the buster so that I could use that against him while using my saber to slash away his projectiles (though I would still use charged saber slashes on him whenever I got a chance). I'll say once again that I'm not complaining here; I love these difficult boss fights. Though watching raocow just stand there and use sub tanks to tank everything... well I think raocow said it best; it's not very pretty.

Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

Lord El-Moloid II

I know it's been said multiple times already, but God, Craft is such a good fight.
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

Shard1697 wrote: 5 years ago To be honest videos like this make me wish you were playing without using subtanks. It's a very fun fight to learn.
I realise this, but I really, really didn't want to have to refarm those hammerbots :(
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

Look, I probably wouldn't do much better against this boss but also if you're just gonna tank away and slash, at least don't stand INSIDE of him while doing it
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

raocow wrote: 5 years ago
Shard1697 wrote: 5 years ago To be honest videos like this make me wish you were playing without using subtanks. It's a very fun fight to learn.
I realise this, but I really, really didn't want to have to refarm those hammerbots :(

You'll get another chance

(<--- I realize a pure spoiler is an idiotic response, let's just say it's a positive message and if you're super curious you can open it :catplanet: )
Ashan wrote: Look, I probably wouldn't do much better against this boss but also if you're just gonna tank away and slash, at least don't stand INSIDE of him while doing it
And yet it worked, so nothing was learned!!!
Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Voltgloss »

No shame in using the tools provided by the game.
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

Ashan wrote: 5 years ago Look, I probably wouldn't do much better against this boss but also if you're just gonna tank away and slash, at least don't stand INSIDE of him while doing it
I assume he was trying to get the full 5-slash combo in, and due to the incredibly short range of the Sky Chaser, you basically have to be standing inside them to get it with certain accuracy if you aren't ultra-trained to use it.

This is why I am recommending just adding the Flame Fang after, as it is much safer and has maybe over double the forward length.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

Voltgloss wrote: 5 years ago No shame in using the tools provided by the game.
Unless they're boss weapons. Then it would be very shameful to ever use them, apparently
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Zummorr
Bug Catcher

Post by Zummorr »

Man, that fight against War-Craft...welp, Health is a resource and having high effective HP gives you a lot of room to make mistakes.

At first I was kinda miffed at raocow's Smorcing, but then I remembered in one of the cortex videos raocow stated that he plays most DnD characters like barbarians, Berserk warriors who solve their problems with raw strength. He also likes rushdown characters in fighting games too.

He's just being himself.

Also raocow firemaned the boss but not the encampment.
Heavy Sigh

Post by Heavy Sigh »

congrats raocow, you just killed HELL THE GIANT, the great-great-great grandson of X3's intro boss MAOH THE GIANT!

Translation of the boss intro: "It's you! You are Zero!" Weirdly, the specific phrasing in japanese seems to indicate that HELL THE GIANT has actually met Zero before...Somehow.
Donut

Post by Donut »

Oh no my one job. :( I will add that while it's never been confirmed if Hell the Giant is the same mechaniloid as the one fought in X3, the way it talks sounds like a being that still remembers Zero from hundreds of years ago:

Pre-battle: Omae ka! Omae ga Zero ka? お前かぁ! お前がゼロかぁ!YOU... ARE YOU ZERO?

Defeat: Hikari wo...Hikari wo kure 光を・・・光をくれぇ・・・ GIVE ME...GIVE ME LIGHT...

For nuance purposes, the "you" at the beginning sounds to me less like a statement and more the kind of "you" you'd make upon recognizing someone from a long time ago, hence why my translation differs from the one HeavySigh gives. I don't know why I feel the need to clarify. Maybe I just think it's neat to think that even a simple mechaniloid can harbor strong memories like that.
Last edited by Donut 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

So I erroneously thought that the Ceratanium piece was in the first half of the Prison. It is unfortunately not, and was on that ledge that seems to need the Double Jump. If the time arrives where all of the Einherjar are beaten and you still wish to make that Body Chip, I can point you in the direction of Cerataniums you have encountered to come back to as part of Cleanup.

Random fact: Did you know that as the series goes on, Zero gets angrier and more >:( while Ciel gets happier and has a fuller smile?

Arctangent
squawky
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Arctangent »

man ciel's needed a nap since after mmz1 apparently, even if it's harder to tell in her 3 portrait than 2 and 4
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Thanks for showing me the list there. You have two of the four parts you need to make something pretty cool. The other two are not super rare, but you have had a chance to get them already and will get other chances along the way.

I like how this game does two intro stages and two mid-game stages to break up the usual flow of things. It feels more like a traditional Mega Man game with the way this plays out because of that.
LunarRainbowShyGuy

Post by LunarRainbowShyGuy »

Today, I was so inspired by that settlement youth that I S ranked this stage on my first try... or at least that's what I'd like to say but I actually died to the boss. Still, second try's not so bad right? Anyway, given how this stage is structured I'll talk about the boss first. This guy isn't too difficult, though depending on where the blocks fall when he pounds the ground he can cause a bit of trouble. I could play it safe and destroy the blocks but I didn't want to be too slow so I just focused all my attacks on the boss.

As for the stage, the first half is pretty simple. All I have to say here is that dash jumping off the walls can help deal with some of the fans. Getting past the gates in the second half can be a bit tricky, but fortunately despite their spiky appearance they aren't instant death (though I only got hit by them once, and that was on my unsuccessful first attempt). There's a fun thing you can do near the end of this stage. If you get behind one of the balls you can follow it as it destroys all the enemies in your path.

One more thing I want to say while I'm here is that raocow saying "I can't think of a non-cuss word to describe him" perfectly describes how I feel about Dr. Weil. I honestly can't think of any villain that I detest as much as this guy.

Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

Zero 4 really loves attacks you can only dodge by dashing under them, the today's boss slamming his hands together a bit ABOVE the ground is another example. I encourage you to identify those instances quickly and learn them, raocow. There will be an exam later.

I also agree that this stage tells a great story and that the series has matured quite well. I have said it before, but it's a miracle that Zero 4's story is so good after Zero 3 kinda sorta wrapped things up quite neatly; they could have easily killed Weil instead of the Guardians in Omega's explosion, after all. It's also quite economical in its storytelling and doesn't need many words for get its concepts across. Furthermore, it's enhanced through gameplay; getting out of the prison is one of my favourite understated moments in the series, because it's literally you emerging to fresh air, seeing a beautiful sunrise (over nature, the thing you're fighting for!) and re-establishing the precious, lifesaving contact...which makes sense, as you're outside now!
xnamkcor

Post by xnamkcor »

It took me a bit too realise raocow was saying "rappel", not "raple".
You cannot add yourself to the friends list.
You cannot add yourself to the foes list.
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Chirei wrote: 5 years agoCiel gets happier and has a fuller smile?
She looks more... desperate and stressed to me. Like she's smiling with her mouth but not her eyes, whereas before she was more grounded and cautiously optimistic, in MMZ4 she's one bad day away from a full sobbing breakdown.
freshtalk

Post by freshtalk »

We've still got a lot of Zero 4 left but I'm already starting to feel sad that it's almost over.
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

Paragraph wrote: 5 years ago
I also agree that this stage tells a great story and that the series has matured quite well. I have said it before, but it's a miracle that Zero 4's story is so good after Zero 3 kinda sorta wrapped things up quite neatly;
I have no idea how many people know this, but the series was actually supposed to end at Z3. This is one of the few, if not only videogame series in existence that was unanimously enhanced by having one more sequel to it.

The fact that Weil is so detestable and even how raocow is more involved commentating the story shows how much more engaging the plot is. I really want to see them do this with a new X game, since i'd argue they carried some of this quality over to 11.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Chirei wrote: 5 years ago
I have no idea how many people know this, but the series was actually supposed to end at Z3.
raocow brought it up in the last MMZ3 video.
xnamkcor

Post by xnamkcor »

Is Neige a reploid? Or did we just casually teleport our first human?

Although, I think Wily machines have teleported before for at least 5 meters with Wily inside.
You cannot add yourself to the friends list.
You cannot add yourself to the foes list.