(shouting)

Mega Man - We're Here Forever!

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Shard1697

Re: Mega Man Zero 4 - Absolute Zero

Post by Shard1697 »

I pretty much always want longer videos so I ain't complaining
Shard1697

Post by Shard1697 »

Those purple elves will possess dead bodies laying around if given enough time.

Also, if you grab one of those lamps from earlier with the knuckle, you can use it to herd them around since they don't like light-and if it's sunny, some sunlight will shine in in places. If you herd the elves into the sunlight it kills them. spooky scary
Donut

Post by Donut »

I like to imagine Ciel gets excited when she hears Zero got a new recipe, and tries to mask her disappointment when it's an item for the mission and not a new recipe for lemon bars.

Anyway, Fenri Lunaedge is pretty easy to translate, since all of his battle quotes are just hot-blooded whooping and woofing. Nevertheless, here's what voice clips he has:

Pre-battle: Ore ni tsuitekuru ka na 俺について来れるかな? Think you can you keep up with me?

Defeat: Yaru janee ka やるじゃねえか・・・ You're pretty good.
BurntTenda
defeat four ducks
Pronouns: she/they

Post by BurntTenda »

Donut wrote: Defeat: Yaru janee ka やるじゃねえか・・・ You're pretty good.
I'm glad that he is Revolver Ocelot.
Something goes here sometime.
Oh yeah, I have a Youtube channel
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

I notice you actually tried the secret technique. I guess I should at least give a demonstration, since I've nothing to add this time as you have figured out anything that needs to be figured out at this point.

~Techniques Learned~

Secret EX Sword Technique - Wild Dance

The most forbidden and ultimate sword technique. The last move that Zero forgot from his original body.

As stated before, this attack functions solely on knowing the priority of the moves. It just so happens that the Flame Fang and the Sky Chaser have ascending priority over each other, and the triple slash. A lemon may actually be used first for 1 extra damage because it has even lower priority than a 1st saber slash, meaning the true combo is:

Lemon > 1st Slash > 2nd Slash > 3rd Slash > Flame Fang > Sky Chaser

Against a boss that is weak to the Flame Fang, this does a total of 1+4+4+4+10+8 damage - 31 damage. A full lifebar is 32 lines of health.

However, all this technical jargon and confusing math probably means nothing to you, so why don't I just show you what it looks like?

It's very, very, very hard to do it as shown above, especially since bosses tend to not let you just sit there and let you whale on them. It's also straight up impossible if the boss is out of reach for any reason. This is purely just something that can be done to show off and really get the damage in.

Do with this knowledge what you will.

Ice Blade

Ice-Elemental Saber Technique. Down+Saber while on the ground to swing out a rapidly melting ice wave. Because of the fact that you can only use it on the ground, and the fact that it rapidly decays in size, do not lean on this as the end-all range option. However, it is still decent for where it applies, and even though this is the LEAST useful of the EX Saber Skills, it is still pretty good.
Heavy Sigh

Post by Heavy Sigh »

Man, Blizzard Wolfang really got into the body mods after X6.

MUTOS FACTS! FREEZING WAR WOLF

Fenri Lunaedge (フェンリー・ルナエッジ Fenrī Runaejji) is a Mutos Reploid based on the Fenrisulfr (also called Fenrir) wolf from Norse mythology. Equipped with high-power cooling devices to enhance his speed, Fenri occupies the Hibernation Chamber which entombs old Cyber-elf experiments.

Originally merely a regular Mutos Reploid built at the tail end of the Elf Wars, Fenri was selected to test out an experimental Cyber-Elf to enhance his speed. It succeeded in that, massively enhancing his speed, but the elf also drove him berserk due to an unforeseen bug . To stop him from running wild, the entire testing facility was frozen solid, and he was left entombed and forgotten. Over a century later, Weil broke him out, on the condition Fenri enlisted for Operation Ragnarok. Desperate for freedom, Fenri agreed. As Popla Cocapetri and Noble Mandrago both have skills related to putting things in stasis, Fenri has an inherent aversion to them

Nickname: 凍月軍狼 (Tougetsu Gunrou, Freezing War Wolf)
EX Skill: White Fang (ホワイトファング)
Zero's EX Skill: Hyougetsujin / Ice Blade

Trivia

One of Fenri Lunaedge's attacks resembles the Spin Attack from the Sonic the Hedgehog series. Ironically, his Japanese voice actor, Tetsuya Kakihara, voiced him in a similar manner to Sonic's Japanese voice actor, Jun'ichi Kanemaru, and is serving Dr. Weil, voiced by Chikao Otsuka, who, funny enough, voices Sonic's nemesis Dr. Eggman.
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

Bit of a non-level tbh. Only made interesting due to the path choice and the ~secrets~. What Shard mentioned with the Elves is not only a neat thing, by the way; this is the only way to kill them, and they drop their component as well. You need that for those recipes!!!
LunarRainbowShyGuy

Post by LunarRainbowShyGuy »

I like this stage, if only for the fact that you can get a rather useful weapon here with the Zero Knuckle. The enemies hiding in the snow will give you a steel claw, which is a melee weapon with good range and enough power to one shot the V. Fire enemies. I don't really have much else to say here except that I had a few embarrassing deaths to the spikes around the second elevator.

The boss here gave me a lot of trouble, to the point that I had a bunch of game overs just trying to beat him once. His attack that gave me the most trouble was the attack where he jumps around the room in a triangle. Considering he always jumps to the corner of the room before doing it it wouldn't be too bad, except he also jumps to the same place for his EX attack. For his EX attack he fires giant versions of the Ice Blade that Zero gets, one on the ground and one on the ceiling. From what I could tell the only way to tell which of these attacks he would use is to listen for the voice clip that he says before doing the triangle attack, though that doesn't exactly leave you much time to react. Despite all the trouble he gave me I found this to be a really fun boss fight. And fortunately after I beat him the first time I managed to S rank the stage on my next attempt.

Chirei

Post by Chirei »

Something I just remembered: The effect of weather on this stage.

With the weather set to snowy, there is obviously snow everywhere, and the inside of the facility is cold.

While overcast, the slow is all gone, there are no ice or ice spikes, and most importantly there is no ice in Fenri's arena, which I feel always trips me up.
Shard1697

Post by Shard1697 »

By the way, it's worth mentioning now-the 8 main bosses have their EX skill if the weather is in their favor, but that's not true of bosses on stages that don't have weather. For those, you still need to have an A-rank or higher. This unfortunately means that since fenri randomly decided not to use his EX move, you're just not gonna be able to see it this playthrough unless you are able to ascend to an A-rank by the time of the boss refights.
It also means that Craft will not be able to use the coolest EX move in the whole series, "End of the World". :ehh:
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

So between drinking away his troubles in RKS and now deciding to fix his problem with guns, does that mean raocow is confirmed for (US) American now?
xnamkcor

Post by xnamkcor »

raocow wrote:
The wall jump works about 4 pixels from the wall and closer. You don't have to be in the wall sliding animation to wall jump.

PS: Are you okay?

PPS: Buster wolf!
You cannot add yourself to the friends list.
You cannot add yourself to the foes list.
T-A-C

Post by T-A-C »

A warning before you continue, although it can probably be skipped over if you're not bothering with the crafting system:

The "between two sets of four levels" mission has an enemy that only appears there. This mission cannot be revisited once completed, and thus you will not encounter this enemy and have a chance to obtain its parts again. If you intend to experiment with making items and upgrades, obtain at least two Moloid parts before finishing this stage.
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

The weird white bunny enemies on wheels at the start of the stage were Kerberos.

The weird wrench box on the platform was a piece of Ceratanium. Every single body recipe needs at least one. They're also about as hard to find as heart tanks on average.
If you have one and a part from the big driller enemies from Genblem's stage, you can make yourself armor to not die instantly from spikes! I think you have all these parts except for a Ceratanium?

In this exact order:
GangaGun(Driller enemy) +
Mechameson(Big generator enemy encountered in this level) +
Ceratanium

The clear weather allows the living city to operate cleanly, making the traps more efficient at trying to beat up Zero. Making it snowy will not only slow the processes of the city's CPU, but the snow is so thick that it even covers some of the spikes outside.

~Techniques Learned~

Time Stopper

Non-elemental Buster technique for Zero. Turns the fully charged buster shot into a square field that does a little damage and stops weak enemies. Usually considered not the best of the Buster EX Skills.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

man, zero 1 and zero 4's... zero are like night and day

where was this sass hiding?
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Donut

Post by Donut »

It's kind of sad that if you dodge one specific attack and don't have an A rank you'd never know this boss had a gimmick. At least he tries hard.

In contrast to Fenri, Popla Cocapetri was a huge pain to translate in a few parts, in part due to me trying really hard to think of English equivalents for his shrill voice, the other part because he literally makes up a word at one point. But without further ado:

Pre-battle: Gacchigochi ni shite yaru ガッチゴチにしてやる!I'll smash and trash you! (Quite literally, he's saying "I'll turn you into gacchigochi, which is less a real word and more like he's speaking sound effects. This was my best attempt)

Triple green bombs that leave behind smoke: Tokerou 溶けろぉ! Go melt!

Feather spread: Ugoku na 動くな! Don't move!

Charge attack: ウギャー! Ugyah-!

When jumping: ケケッ!Gege-!

Sigil that turns Zero to stone: Katamare 固まれ!Turn to stone!

Time stop move (EX Skill, not seen in the video)Taimu Stoppu! Shokei no jikan da ターイムストップ! 処刑の時間だ! Time stop! Time for your execution!

Defeat: Uso-! 嘘っ! NO WAY-!
Heavy Sigh

Post by Heavy Sigh »

raocow any of those boxes you see that don't drop from enemies are always Ceratanium. You use that to make body parts.

MUTOS FACTS! WISE SNAKE WITH A BIRD'S EYE VIEW

Popla Cocapetri (プープラ・コカペトリ) is one of the Einherjar Eight Warriors and is based on the cockatrice, and is specialized in internal tech warfare, including software hacking and communications interference. He is equipped with weaponry that allows him to utilize backdoors in most computer systems and interfere directly with main coding; one favorite method of his is to exploit a security hole through laser etching inscriptions onto a reploid's optical units, that then activates a built in override command that refuses all motive signals from the CPU of the victim, halting them as if they were turned to stone. As such, he loves to make foes helpless, using attacks that forces his foes to stay in place and take every hateful strike from him.

Popla was a reploid specializing in Electronic Combat, and is very adept at jamming sensors, hacking, and corrupting defensive programs. His skills were in high demand before the implementation of hacker-type Cyber-elves, but lost his job as the elves proved far more capable than he. Furious at being sidelined, he was more than willing to join Weil's side. He is stubborn and short-tempered, and hates it when others mock his small size. He has three data transferal lenses embedded in his body: one on his torso, and one on each wing, but none of these lenses are visible when he has his wings folded. He occupies the ruins of a city and has reactivated its security system, modifying its directives to detect and destroy any Reploid or human that enters it. He has a grudge against Zero due to enduring insults from him on several occasions.

Nickname: 鶏眼なる賢蛇 (Keigan naru Kenja, Wise Snake with a Bird's eye view)
EX Skill: Devil Eye (デビルアイ)
Zero's EX Skill: Time Stopper

Attacks

CocaPoulet: Creates an egg Mechaniloid (CocaPoulet) that walks and jumps on the floor then disappears. The egg is destroyable.
Venom Tail: Launches three green bombs at three ranges.
Evil Eye: Launches a greenish-white glyph hologram that causes paralysis. If Zero is hit, players must rapidly press all the directional buttons in random order to free him, otherwise Zero will only be freed when Cocapetri hits him or when enough time elapses.
Chicken Wing: Scatters six feather-like daggers that slowly falls to the ground.
EX Skill: Devil Eye: Goes into the upper middle of the screen, freezes time, then scatters bombs which then land on the floor.

Trivia! Cocapetri shares his voice actor with the original 1973 incarnation of Casshan.
freshtalk

Post by freshtalk »

Grounder wrote: 5 years ago man, zero 1 and zero 4's... zero are like night and day

where was this sass hiding?
He had just woken up after a hundred year nap back in the first game, so maybe he was just really sleepy still.
LunarRainbowShyGuy

Post by LunarRainbowShyGuy »

I feel like I had a lot more trouble with this stage than I should have. I kept making mistakes such as missing the things you need to grab and falling into spikes or moving too far and getting crushed by a block. This stage isn't too difficult outside of the many sources of instant death, but again they're not as bad as my many deaths would make it seem. While I'm talking about those things Zero can hang from I might as well note that you can also grab onto them by attacking them with the Zero knuckle, allowing you to grab them from the sides. Though you can't attack with the Zero Knuckle while hanging from something so I'd recommend attack mode type B.

The boss fight here tended to either go really well or really poorly for me. If I was lucky this guy would mostly stick to the sides and shoot his green bombs for most of the fight. If I was unlucky he would use his egg laying attack a lot and spend most of the time in the middle. Of course any time I died and decided to keep going to get some practice he'd give me an easy fight. However if I had a good attempt going he would usually decide to be really annoying. After a few attempts he was still being really annoying but I managed to deal with it and get an S rank.

Shard1697

Post by Shard1697 »

The bit near the end with the overlapping lines of moving blocks stresses me out.

There's been a weird trend of bosses randomly not using EX attacks, 3/4 bosses so far haven't used theirs at all vs raocow.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

"so let me guess, I was meant to knuckle these little water tanks and manually put out the fires, right"

:toaster: hmmm

also i want to believe zero flipped off the humans as he was teleporting out
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Heavy Sigh

Post by Heavy Sigh »

Grounder wrote: 5 years ago "so let me guess, I was meant to knuckle these little water tanks and manually put out the fires, right"

:toaster: hmmm

also i want to believe zero flipped off the humans as he was teleporting out
Zero is definitely the kind of guy to give a small child with an adorable methat the bird.
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

So if you have trouble using the five-hit combo, just use the Flame Fang after the triple slash. You don't really need to land the Sky Chaser because of how insanely difficult doing it on a target ahead of you is. However, the Lv2 Hacker Elf might be interfering with its activation since it also needs an Up input, curiously enough. Do what you like, though.

I will note that you can't lean on the Secret Technique forever, as I believe the next four bosses are more or less immune to it, as you will see.

I never intended on mentioning the missable enemy, but since others did and you actually went out of your way to farm it, I will go ahead and tell you the only relevant and sane thing you can possibly get with it without doing an insane crafting chain. (Note: YOU WILL NEED A CERATANIUM! There is thankfully a somewhat easy one to get in the next level. If you don't run into it, no worries.)

If you want to use the Moloid part, put these in the menu in this exact order:

Moloid Image
LamplortX Image
Tellybomb Image
Ceratanium Image

If I had to make any single part, it would honestly be this one. Yes, even over Double Jump.
Donut

Post by Donut »

Man, I forgot how much damage Craft did with every hit. I must have taken an hour to beat him in my playthrough. As usual, here are his quotes:

Pre-battle: Temijika ni samaseyou 手短に済ませよう Let's put an end to this quickly.

Mid-air flip: とおっ! Toh-!

Triple grenade: Shisagari na 退がりな!Don't try to run!

Throwing a mine that explodes into shrapnel: Warui na 悪いな Nothing personal.

Firing a homing missile: Ooru ooba da オールオーバーだ It's all over. (he actually says "ALL OVER DA," it's pretty great)

Bayonet stab: Chikasugi da 近過ぎだ! You're too close!

Laser: Atari 当たれいっ!There!

Hover laser (not featured in this video): Kore de dou da これでどうだっ How's this!

Interuppting the hover laser: ぐううっ! Guu-!

Defeat: Tsuyoi...na... 強い・・・な・・・ You're...strong..
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Craft's theme (Power Field) is really cool.

I don't remember as much from this game as I did from other MMZ games. I don't think I quite utilized Croire to the full extent and I didn't tinker with the recipes either, so I feel like I didn't get to fully experience this game. But key story moments, such as Craft appearances, stood out as particularly memorable.