(shouting)

Mega Man - We're Here Forever!

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
ano0maly
Discord User

Re: Mega Man Zero 3 - Omega Man

Post by ano0maly »

Harpuia wrote:What are you up to? Why did you rescue me?
Well, didn't you rescue Zero first, back in MMZ2 at the beginning?

And Cerveau says

"Zero... Harpuia... Don't you dare die..." but according to Capcom after it released ZX, Harpuia does in fact die at the end of this game.

This ties into my complaint (and common complaint of Zero series fans at the time) about how Capcom chose to end the story of this game and explain the backstory of ZX.
Shard1697

Post by Shard1697 »

Well, Zero series fans generally speaking do not like

that the guardians all die in a boss explosion in this one.

freshtalk

Post by freshtalk »

The Frog Foot Chip combined with the Green Body is what makes you just stick to the walls, if I remember correctly. It's amusing and probably has more uses than the Splash Chip, at least.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Shard1697 wrote: 5 years ago Well, Zero series fans generally speaking do not like

that the guardians all die in a boss explosion in this one.

That's what I was referring to. I have some other nitpicks about the ending of this game.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

ah propos of nothing, I don't suppose anyone has experience recording ppsspp and experiencing popping in one's microphone recording while it happens, right?

no reason why I'm asking
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

Standalone or the RetroArch core?

Also, what version? 1.7.1 was just released yesterday.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
raocow
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily

Post by raocow »

stand alone, and yeah 1.7.1

I tried it on RetroArch but just got a black screen :I
raocow

Post by raocow »

oh hey changing version might have fixed my problem...

:o

confirmed: issues fixed by changing to 1.6.3
I wasn't aware 1.7.1 was so new, no wonder my issue seemed to not be documented, like, absolutely anywhere
Shard1697

Post by Shard1697 »

My personal prediction is that

raocow will beat Phantom very easily via facetanking because Phantom just doesn't do that much damage, despite having some pretty bonkers attack patterns.

I wonder if he would have an easier or harder time using the elf that gives the saber+1 damage per hit rather than healthdrop elf.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

Godspeed You! Red Edgeman
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

You can still go back into the stage and get the thing, there's no need to use your savestate.

Not that I remember exactly where it is, but I'm sure somebody will tell you.
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

tbh I think missing the thing after all that buildup is 500% funnier and would vote against going back and doing the thing as a result

(this post is not entirely serious but is also not entirely not serious)
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Well, at least we got to see a flurry of elves get absorbed into Zero when he entered cyberspace. According to the StrategyWiki page, the cyberspace elves auto-activate even if they're not upgraded to the point where they normally can be used.

It looked amusing that the other Resistance members were knocked out by X and yet the operators Rouge and Jaune (Joan in the English version of the game) continue to look at their computer screens. And they just resume their business like nothing's happened.
Shard1697

Post by Shard1697 »

Parama wrote: 5 years ago Godspeed You! Red Edgeman
damnit, I just wrote this exact same joke
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

it's a pretty obvious joke

i also very briefly saw where I think raocow was supposed to go but it was like, only visible for half a second or something lol
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
LunarRainbowShyGuy

Post by LunarRainbowShyGuy »

I don't really have a lot to say about this stage, except for the secret, which I'll talk about when raocow gets to it. The one thing I will say is that you don't have to do it on your first visit, which is nice since it means I can do it later where it won't affect my rank. Anyway, the only other thing I have to say about this stage is that it was one of few stages in this game where I had to make some enemies respawn in order to get max enemy points.

I forgot you fought the baby elves twice; I was a bit confused the first time since I only remembered fighting them here. Once again they gave me little trouble. In fact I actually found this fight against them to be even easier since they kept using a certain attack which made it easy for me to hit them both at once with a charged attack. I never even saw them live long enough to finish their combination attack because I just killed them so quickly every time.

Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

If you reach the midpoint shutters, you've gone too far. I'll also say you really want the Double Jump foot chip on for what you're looking for.
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

ztarwuff
What the heck is a flair and why am I being asked to write one for my profile?

Post by ztarwuff »

Oh dear. raocow missed the secret boss. I wish those people who were hinting on the Youtube comments for raocow to "go on the Internet" had phrased themselves differently. He did exactly as asked, and this was the result.

Anyway, today's level has had its music remastered at least twice. Once for the official remastered soudntrack and again for the Mythos soundtrack

Telos:

Mythos:

I prefer the Mythos version.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

ztarwuff wrote: 5 years agoOh dear. raocow missed the secret boss. I wish those people who were hinting on the Youtube comments for raocow to "go on the Internet" had phrased themselves differently. He did exactly as asked, and this was the result.
True, but what's good about it is that he's not outright spoiled yet knows to look for something even if he doesn't know where that is. Keeps the blind run style going. Besides, peeps were outright spoiling it afterwards from what I was reading. Ha-ha. I still like keeping it vague since it's more fun that way. I honestly didn't know it could be redone anyway, but there is that stage checklist and all. This is what happens when you've only played Zero 2-4 once, yo.
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

I personally think it's a bit weird that raocow seems to have absolutely no exploration instinct for the Zero games - in every Mario game he'd often go back to stages with no secret exit just because he wanted to know what's in that upper passage or whatever, but here it's just fly-through town all the way. I get that the gameplay pace is different, just wondering. But that's part of the reason for why I'm more open to (and with) spoilers here, also it doesn't actually matter - it's great that he's having fun at all after Zero 1's rough start.

I also guess it's a bit of a change coming from the X games where he knows every nook and cranny and secret to games he is completely blind on, and of course it's not like before where every stage has at least one heart tank and SOMETHING else, like an armor capsule or a subtank or something.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

If you don't want to feel bad for refusing to allow yourself to ever die to any boss and learn how to fight them, you could always... not... Image
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Well, it was mandatory cyberspace, so you're guaranteed to have a lot of enhanced stats with those cyber-elves.

I didn't remember until I read up recently that you actually get a reward for beating Phantom. Of course, there's only one level left to use the ultima foot chip, but if you're doing a new game+ with it, I'd expect it to be immensely helpful.
LunarRainbowShyGuy

Post by LunarRainbowShyGuy »

I never actually knew about this secret the first time I played this, so this is actually my first time fighting Phantom here. He gave me quite a bit of trouble, causing me two deaths the first time I fought him (though my only health increasing elf is the one that doubles Zero's health. You might notice I said the first time I fought him, I actually fought him before getting an S rank in the stage just to see if he would show up after beating the stage. After actually getting an S rank in the stage I went and fought him again, but this time to keep things interesting I decided to let an enemy just outside the room reduce my health to what it would be without any elves.

After a few more attempts I found that the fight isn't too bad once you learn how to dodge his attacks, though doing so isn't exactly easy. For his attack where he would ride on a shuriken and throw shots downwards, I would dodge the first set by being on the opposite side of the room, then dash under the first projectile of the second set to get to the other side of the room so I would have plenty of space to dodge the third set. For his attack after he splits into four I would go under him to make him throw the shuriken straight down, minimizing the number of projectiles it would shoot. If done right it would only shoot one set of projectiles in a cross pattern, which would go over my head, and one set diagonally, which wouldn't hit me at the side of the room. Overall I found this to be a fun fight and I'm glad I actually got to do it.

Plutia
Plutia too cute

Post by Plutia »

Leet wrote: 5 years ago If you don't want to feel bad for refusing to allow yourself to ever die to any boss and learn how to fight them, you could always... not... Image
seconding this