(shouting)

Mega Man - We're Here Forever!

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Heavy Sigh

Re: Mega Man Zero 3 - Omega Man

Post by Heavy Sigh »

I'm so sad raocow didn't discover his inner snowboarder in this level.

MUTOS FACTS! HYPERSPHERE ICE SUPREMACY KING

Glacier le Cactank (グラチャー・レ・カクタンク Gurachā re Kakutanku) is one of the Eight Gentle Judges that was brainwashed by Dr. Weil to work for him, as one of Weil's Numbers. Cactank used to be a fair, kindhearted judge, quite willing to pardon those set before him, but once Weil got his hands on him, his personality then became that of a 'hanging judge', issuing the death sentence for even the smallest of offences. Originally, he was built as a large armored water tank used to bring life-giving water to remote areas, and was armed with a cooling system powerful enough to freeze the water inside him and turn the spigots on his body into ice thorn launchers.

When Zero goes to the Snowy Plains to help the Resistance scouts recover a container that fell from Omega's spaceship, Cactank appears and claims that it belongs to Neo Arcadia. Calling Zero a thief, he roars that he will punish him with death and fights against him.

Cactank attacks by throwing six (two at a time) small icicles at Zero while hanging on the ceiling with his other hand, throwing his arms at full length and then slowly dragging them back towards himself and by clinging to the ceiling to try and land on Zero. At rank A or S, he uses the attack Ice Carnival, where he spins one of his arms to launch icicles in all directions. The ice hanging from the ceiling in his room also adds to the difficulty of dodging his attacks. Defeating him gives Zero the "Spike" Foot Chip, and if the player is at A or S rank, the Orbit Shield EX skill.

Nickname: Super Sphere Ice Dominator, (超球氷覇王, Choukyuu Hyoha-Ou, Hypersphere Ice Supremacy King)
EX Skill: Ice Carnival (アイスカーニバル)
Glacier le Cactank spins one of his mace arms around several times, launching icicles in all directions.

Mission: Retrieve Data
Zero's EX Skill: Orbit Shield
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Like Sigh's saying, you could take out the dudes on the boards and ride their platforms yourself. Those were actually tracks above the ground in that snowy stage. It's really a lot of fun and makes a quick level go by even faster. Kind of makes sense as the boss' humanoid form looks enough like Eggman.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

raocow just fyi you equipped sloppe in the slot you previously had martina on, that's why they went away
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

If you have to be standing still for the heal to work anyway (which you basically only do in boss corridors), why not just equip it for that moment and keep the quick-charge on the rest of the time?
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

Stink Terios wrote: 5 years ago BEST.
SONG.
ya

As many people have mentioned, the healing head chip is almost completely useless because you just gotta sit on your ass for a few minutes, on the other hand your helf elf just drops bigger amounts of healing in almost the same amount of time, WHILE you are on move. The Quick Charge is super duper useful 100% of the time.

The fatbois on the snowboards had Pantheon heads, that's how you can tell they're just cheap boss knockoffs instead of the real thing! I actually think they come out of nowhere and too quickly too often to be quite fun (if you're going for high rank), but they ARE hilarious, yes. Also, it doesn't really matter if you steal their ride. Might lead to you having to farm enemies in a rare instance for Zero 3, though.

Cactank is a typical fat ice boss, so he's really easy, probably the easiest fight in the game. Don't feel too bad, raocow!
Shard1697

Post by Shard1697 »

I always felt like this song was a partner song to the song of the level raocow hasn't done yet. Like playing that one and then this one back to back makes sense to me, as if it's a 2-parter.

glacier cactus, y'know. the cactus glacier
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Dragon Fogel wrote: 5 years agoraocow, to point out the obvious, the healing head chip only works when you're standing still and you rarely stand still outside of boss corridors. And, as you observed, you can just switch whenever.
Nah, I'm sure a head chip that doesn't even function 99% of the time due to how spastic raocow plays is totally superior to a chip that would actually affect him reasonably often.
Negative

Post by Negative »

Crazy fan theory: the developers knew about Touhou and inserted an "Icicle Fall - Easy" joke in to the game, as evident by all 3 ice bosses having a projectile attack that you can dodge by standing right in their face, two of them actually featuring falling icicles.
ztarwuff
What the heck is a flair and why am I being asked to write one for my profile?

Post by ztarwuff »

Kind of disappointed raocow didn't get to ride the snowboards. Oh well!
LunarRainbowShyGuy

Post by LunarRainbowShyGuy »

I feel like those snowboarders aren't the best enemies; they move fast and they're too durable to be taken out with just a regular attack. However if you memorize where they are and prepare a charged attack to deal with them (or if you're using attack mode type B you can just attack with one weapon while always having the other one charged and ready) you can easily destroy them and use their snowboards yourself, which makes the stage super easy. I was a bit worried I might not get enough kills for max points, but I didn't end up having trouble with that (though it's entirely possible that I only had exactly enough kills; I don't know how strict the requirements are for this stage).

The boss here is also pretty easy, except for his EX attack, in which he spins one of his arms around and shoots ice bullets all over the place. I never really figured out how to dodge it, but I had such an easy time with the stage that as long as I didn't die I would still have enough points for an S rank.

Heavy Sigh

Post by Heavy Sigh »

raocow foxtar is actually a guy.

MUTOS FACTS! FOX OF A HUNDRED POISONOUS THOUGHTS

Cubit Foxtar (キュービット・フォクスター Kyūbitto Fokusutā) is one of the Eight Gentle Judges modified by Dr. Weil into his Weil's Numbers. Based on a kitsune, specifically the nine-tailed fox, Cubit was once a Judge that used his quick wit and disarming appearance to suss out the truth from those brought before him. However, that wit soon took on a hateful edge once Weil got his hands on Foxtar. With his new upgrades, Cubit has nine floating remote control options to attack and create flaming mirages with, preferring to let his enemies destroy themselves in panic rather than by his own hands. This preference also makes Foxtar look down on Tretista Kelverian and Deathtanz Mantisk, due to their brutal fighting skills.

Defeating Foxtar will give Zero the Double Jump leg chip and, if at A or S rank, the Soul Launcher ability.

Nickname: Hundred Thoughts Poisonous Fox (Hyakunen no Kodoku, 百念の狐毒)
EX Skill: Fire Rain (火雨) - Cubit Foxtar jumps to the center of the room and launches two sets of flames into the air, which drop to the floor.
Zero's EX skill: Soul Launcher

Trivia

The name Kyūbit (Cubit) comes from 九尾 Kyūbi, which is Japanese for nine-tails, and Foxtar, a combination of fox and star.
Also following the nine-tails legend, Foxtar is revealed to be a very effeminate male in Remastered Tracks Rockman Zero Telos. These shape shifting spirits often took on the form of a beautiful woman to lure travelers off their path.
In the English version of Mega Man Zero Official Complete Works, Foxtar is erroneously stated to be female due to his already effeminate proportions.
Cubit Foxtar is misnamed as "Cubit Foxter" in the English Mega Man Zero 3 instruction manual.
Stink Terios

Post by Stink Terios »

I forgot the double jump was aboss reward! I'm not sure anything meaningful was missed then. I think there's at least a foot chip that's been missed but it's super obsolete.

Also Zero already has a built-in bodycam: his own eyes!!!
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Man raocow gets hit so often now that he's loaded with health.
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

I'd actually recommend doing cleanup after the next level. There's a thing hidden in the next level, and it's, well, I'll just say it's something you wouldn't want to append to a regular level's video. It would work a lot better as the conclusion to the cleanup.
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!
Mea

Post by Mea »

Heavy Sigh wrote: 5 years ago raocow foxtar is actually a guy.

Nickname: Hundred Thoughts Poisonous Fox (Hyakunen no Kodoku, 百念の狐毒)
One of my early childhood upsetting "WHAT" moments when I found out.

I have to wonder if that's some reference to Zero's 100 year slumber. Since hyakunen no kodoku is a homophone of "Hundred years of isolation/solitude" (百年の孤独). It would be weird to have only one of the bosses reference something like this out of nowhere though. Or maybe it's not referring to Zero but rather X who was ruling Neo Arcadia alone for however long.

Or I don't know, maybe Omega floating out in space, which would make more sense for a Weil's Number to reference.

ztarwuff
What the heck is a flair and why am I being asked to write one for my profile?

Post by ztarwuff »

Dragon Fogel wrote: 5 years ago I'd actually recommend doing cleanup after the next level. There's a thing hidden in the next level, and it's, well, I'll just say it's something you wouldn't want to append to a regular level's video. It would work a lot better as the conclusion to the cleanup.
Yeah, I tackled the secret boss last night. Would definitely recommend raocow do it at the end of a cleanup.
Shard1697

Post by Shard1697 »

Cubit Foxtar is one of those bosses that has their EX attack priorities totally messed up. His actual EX attack is so, so much easier than the attack where he splits into a bunch of fireballs(and that makes him invincible too)
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Bean wrote: 5 years agoOne of these next four stages is going to be really, really good for you when you beat it. Which one? Well, not saying, but it'll be very obvious when if you check parts after you complete stages.
Yep. Double jump. It's great in any game, and that includes this one.

The next stage is actually really special, and it's been hinted at previously on here and in the game.

It's the only level where you want to go into Cyberspace since there's a secret boss to find. I don't know whether you'll find that boss or not to be honest.

Still, I guess cleanup's coming first.

Since this isn't a late Mega Man X game, I'll just say it here instead of a PM. You only need to go to Mantisk's level again. What you want is not that far after the mid-boss. Also, I don't know if you're bothering with chip parts from the data disks. I don't think any of the ones in this cleanup would be worth it at all.
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

I like how Zero walks into the boss room, goes "what's this?" cause he doesn't know what it is
Then the boss comes and says "you weren't supposed to see this place" and then immediately gives an explanation as to what it is
Negative

Post by Negative »

Today's audio drama shows what the 8 judges were like in the past, genuinely kind and "gentle" judges, and discussing "X's" odd new behavior with Harpuia.

Also, if raocow's interested in the equip-able chips, he's missing ones in Inarabitta's and Foxtar's stages.
Reverning

Post by Reverning »

I love the flame patterns, tight to maneuver through but also super elegant. Foxtar is definitely one of my favorite MMZ bosses~
Shard1697

Post by Shard1697 »

I found some goofy info about the forgettable miniboss from this level
LunarRainbowShyGuy

Post by LunarRainbowShyGuy »

I didn't have too much trouble with this stage, despite it being fairly long (my successful run was a little over five minutes). I found the moth enemies to be pretty annoying, though most of the annoyance came from the fact that I'm not using chips, so I couldn't turn on the lights to deal with them. Also, fun fact, if you tilt the platforms right before the boss a certain way you can get crush-killed by them. I remembered this happening the first time I played this game, though when I went back to test it I found it fairly hard to do so I have no idea how I stumbled across it accidentally.

The boss here is pretty easy to dodge, except for one attack, which isn't even his EX attack. It's the attack where he splits into five flames that's the hard one to dodge. I managed to dodge it a few times while practicing, but it's really precise. Meanwhile I'd say his EX attack is his easiest one to dodge, but his attack where he sends flames in a spiral around the room is both easy to dodge and leaves him wide open for attack. Anyway, for his EX attack he jumps into the middle of the room and four flames upwards which land on the floor, two in the corners and two next to him. Then he shoots two more flames to fill in the gaps. Again it's really easy to dodge and when I was guessing which attack was his EX attack this was the last one I would have guessed. Also, this guy sure can talk for awhile after being cut in half.

Shard1697

Post by Shard1697 »

I believe the elf that makes you slide down walls slower stacks with frog.

I feel like it's possible to get to a point where you actually just stick to walls and do not slide down at all, though it's been quite a while since I did that so I'm not positive if that's the case or if I'm thinking of another game.

Also while I'm talking about movement quirks, it's possible to dashjump and then recoil rod the ground and you'll do the superjump plus maintain airdash speed. This lets you get that subtank without pogoing on an enemy.

And you can throw shield boomerang and keep it in the air indefinitely by doing a lil dashjump circle pattern(but I don't think this is ever practical)
Reverning

Post by Reverning »

Shard1697 wrote: 5 years ago I believe the elf that makes you slide down walls slower stacks with frog.

I feel like it's possible to get to a point where you actually just stick to walls and do not slide down at all, though it's been quite a while since I did that so I'm not positive if that's the case or if I'm thinking of another game
You can. You start with that if you do a playthrough on Ultimate mode, and it feels weird and unnatural.

I've done literally dozens of playthroughs of this game, it never stopped feeling weird and unnatural.