(shouting)

Mega Man - We're Here Forever!

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
ano0maly
Discord User

Re: Mega Man Zero 3 - Omega Man

Post by ano0maly »

I forgot to mention: I realize it's a very good idea to watch the boss patterns after dying. There's an actual practical use of bosses jumping around on their own after their opponent is gone.
Heavy Sigh

Post by Heavy Sigh »

raocow the blizzard beam has twinklies in it. The more twinklies hit you the slower you move and the lower your jump is.

But you stabbed the ABSOLUTE ZERO DEER KING so fast it didn't matter.

EX Attack: Double Blizzard (ダブルブリザード): Blizzack uses his turbine blizzard attack, but instead of conjuring snow that impairs Zero's jumps, he conjures four icicles that attempt to impale Zero.

EX skill: Blizzard Arrow
Arctangent
squawky
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Arctangent »

zero times two is still zero but it's twice the zero but twice the zero is still zero but 00 isn't the same as 0 when doing string comparisons but str(0 * 2) gets you 0 not 00 but in binary you need two digits to represent two but 10 is two and 00 is still zero
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

The fact that you have things that heal you doesn't mean you can't use the sub tank, remember that. If you're low in health you should probably rely on the sub tank first.
kitikami

Post by kitikami »

Ok, if those cannonballs weigh one ton, no wonder they do so much damage.

I like how the Zero series is showing the Resistance making clear progress as a society from game to game, like how they rebuild their resistance base between the first and second games, or how by the third game they can afford to implement Rush Healthcare.
ztarwuff
What the heck is a flair and why am I being asked to write one for my profile?

Post by ztarwuff »

I can't remember if that's the only hint, but that Reploid's suggestion about ghosts in Cyberspace is a hint as to the location of a secret boss. Should we spoil the location for raocow? I remember having to use a guide to find it.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

ztarwuff wrote: 5 years agoI can't remember if that's the only hint, but that Reploid's suggestion about ghosts in Cyberspace is a hint as to the location of a secret boss. Should we spoil the location for raocow? I remember having to use a guide to find it.
If you want to mention this in the future, then it's okay to remind him to maybe possibly go check out Cyberspace when that part does come up now that it was mentioned in the game. Just don't outright spoil the location unless you put it in the ispoiler boxes, please.
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

Yeah, I wouldn't unless he asks or states he's not going for it.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
ztarwuff

Post by ztarwuff »

SAJewers wrote: Yeah, I wouldn't unless he asks or states he's not going for it.
Bean wrote: 5 years ago
ztarwuff wrote: 5 years agoI can't remember if that's the only hint, but that Reploid's suggestion about ghosts in Cyberspace is a hint as to the location of a secret boss. Should we spoil the location for raocow? I remember having to use a guide to find it.
If you want to mention this in the future, then it's okay to remind him to maybe possibly go check out Cyberspace when that part does come up now that it was mentioned in the game. Just don't outright spoil the location unless you put it in the ispoiler boxes, please.
Sure, I understand you. I'll wait and see how things go. There's nothing raocow can do about it right now, anyway.
LunarRainbowShyGuy

Post by LunarRainbowShyGuy »

I don't really have a lot to say about this stage; I found it pretty easy and it doesn't even have a mid boss. Though I do have things to say about the boss. He certainly seems to have gotten an upgrade, though I don't remember all the details of his first fight. The projectiles he throws down while jumping can be tough to dodge, and his EX attack is also difficult to deal with. For his EX attack he uses his ice beam, but instead of harmless snowflakes he shoots icicles at you, which can come in patterns that are really difficult to dodge. From what I remember this is the same EX attack he had in the first game, except this time he covers the wall in damaging ice so you can't just jump up the wall to avoid the icicles.

Grounder

Post by Grounder »

recoil rod
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

boy howdy that midboss sure looks familiar
miniboss.png
miniboss.png (157.33 KiB) Viewed 3984 times
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

One thing I like about that stage is that it's using a remix of the Zero 1 epilogue theme where Zero's in the desert about to take on all those Pantheon robots. Always liked how this series would do that with a few of its songs. The other one that's been remixed is the boss theme for the first game. It's been used as the mid-boss theme in Zero 2 and 3 now.

And yeah, that coffin attack is ridiculously fast in this one.
LunarRainbowShyGuy

I thought I was lucky when I got an extra life in this stage, but raocow's out there getting two extra lives.

This is another stage that gave me little trouble, but this time the boss didn't give me much trouble either; I got an S rank on my first serious attempt. The mid boss was a bit tricky thanks to the PurpleNerples, but it wasn't too bad. One thing I noticed while watching raocow is that the light body chip prevents Zero from sinking in the sand. Had I known that I might have used it myself, although at this point I'm basically committed to using Zero at his most basic: no chips, no EX skills, and no elves.

The boss here did get a bit more difficult, mostly because he isn't forced to use a specific attack at certain HP thresholds, but I still found him pretty easy. Though his coffin attack gave me a bit of trouble, to the point that I died my first time fighting him. I learned how to dodge it after that, though it could probably be a bit more clear. I initially thought merely touching the coffins would hurt you because of the lighting effects, though I quickly realized that the attack was like his pillar attack from the first game and that you're supposed to wall jump off of them.

Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

The coffin lightning is a little unfortunate in the conveyance of what's safe department, yeah. But it does serve to make his new Ice weakness a little more sensible!

Bit of a non-stage, tbh. Forces you to be slower than you could be with all the Nerples from offscreen. Minibosses are at least not much of an issue.

The real question is: what happened to Anubis Necromancess IV?
ztarwuff

Post by ztarwuff »

Huh, I'm not sure if it's because I'm on my second playthrough, and thus have a few more foot chips than raocow, but I didn't have any problems with the coffin attack. Mind you, it also helped that I (whenever possible) ran away, so I was never in between them when they rose up.
Paragraph wrote: 5 years ago The real question is: what happened to Anubis Necromancess IV?
Somebody on the Youtube comments mentioned IV is the one you fight in Neo Arcadia during Zero 1's boss rush.

Also, it's probably too late to warn raocow now, but next level could potentially induce angercow. Especially if his jump button isn't reacting like it normally does.
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

ztarwuff wrote: 5 years agoEspecially if his jump button is reacting like it normally does.
ftfy
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

all the elven healthcare in the world is meaningless in the face of "brushing your toe against a pointy object"
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

My favorite part of this series is the lootbox opening at the end of every episode
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

A level like this is a good place to use Putite. There are lots of spikes and the elf prevents them from killing you in one touch if you have enough health. Unfortunately, getting crushed by the moving platforms is a problem too, and the elf doesn't help there.

Also is this base in space?

And this video reminds me of how deplorable Weil is. Sigma wasn't originally evil; he himself was a victim of the Zero Virus before anyone else was a victim of Sigma. But Weil really was vile ever since

he instigated the Elf Wars, which wiped out a shocking 90% of Reploids and 60% of humans.

And a century later, he's still manipulating everyone else for his own gain and agenda.

He laughs and smiles to the end in the next game, and even after he's destroyed, his Biometal (Model W) continues to play an antagonistic role in the ZX games, as far as I'm aware.

Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

Do you think Copy X working to maintain "peace" over actual justice is a deconstruction of "FIGHT, MEGAMAN, FOR EVERLASTING PEACE"
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
ztarwuff

Post by ztarwuff »

Yup. Just as predicted. Also, this level features the last of the in-game Neo Arcadia level remixes. The theme appears in Zero 1, Zero 2, and Zero 3, but not in Zero 4.

Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

"Where do I need to Go."

Even in the good games, the typos are amazing. One of these next four stages is going to be really, really good for you when you beat it. Which one? Well, not saying, but it'll be very obvious when if you check parts after you complete stages.
LunarRainbowShyGuy

I remember this level from the first time I played this game. Surprisingly I seem to remember being careful enough to get through without dying on the spikes (though it has been awhile so I might not be remembering correctly, and I also had to play many more times to get an S rank). This time around I was a bit less careful on my initial run and had a few deaths to the spikes. One other thing of note is that the enemies that come when you trigger the lasers aren't really a threat if you just stop for a second at each laser. You can even make use of them to get more kills for your rank, though I don't actually know how many kills you need, so that might not be necessary. Now that I mention it, one nice improvement in this game that I haven't really talked about is that it doesn't seem to be necessary to make enemies respawn in order to get enough kills for max points, which is a nice change from how things were early on. As long as you make an effort to kill most of the enemies in your way, and you don't die, you'll probably get max enemy points.

Now if this were a hard stage with an easy boss it would be tricky on an initial run, but getting an S rank wouldn't take too long. But this stage has a boss that's also difficult, which would explain why I remember it so well from my first time playing. Copy X was final boss material after all, and he hasn't gotten any easier. And this time I can't just stop caring about my rank just because it's the final stage. After taking some time after a failed attempt to just concentrate on dodging in order to learn his attacks the fight became a bit more manageable, though it was by no means easy (one thing I learned that was nice is that he appears to only switch weapons at certain HP thresholds, making learning his attacks a bit easier). Even after taking the time to learn his attacks it still took me a few more attempts to get an S rank. (I did have a run where I only got 95 points, but my average was enough for an S rank. However this time around I'm going for at least 96 points in every stage regardless of my average so that wasn't good enough.)

Shard1697

Post by Shard1697 »

I love this stage. I love the music, I love the spikes everwhere, I love the dickhead floating platforms that you have to scrabble up the side of repeatedly directly underneath spikes, I love the refight where there's no seraph x(who I don't really like as much honestly) and where copy x always uses an e-tank.

I played this game for the first time when I was probably like 10 years old and this stage kicked my ass for like a week.