(shouting)

Mega Man - We're Here Forever!

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Shard1697

Re: Mega Man Zero 3 - Omega Man

Post by Shard1697 »

Stink Terios wrote: 5 years ago Isn't the trick to the lava platforms to wait longer than you would be confortable with? I remember the lava hitbox being extremely generous in this instance.
Yes. You can stand on it safely a moment after it has visually sunk into the lava.
Heavy Sigh

Post by Heavy Sigh »

If Douglas was still around he would've pulled out a cannon to shoot that missile with.

Fun Fact! Alouette came up with a bunch of names for the Baby Elves before settling on Crea and Prea. They include: Plus and Minus, Anode and Cathode, Crime and Punishment, Love and Peace, Azul Luna and Rojo Sol, Blanc and Noir, and Hypnos and Thanatos.
freshtalk

Post by freshtalk »

Heavy Sigh wrote: 5 years ago If Douglas was still around he would've pulled out a cannon to shoot that missile with.

Fun Fact! Alouette came up with a bunch of names for the Baby Elves before settling on Crea and Prea. They include: Plus and Minus, Anode and Cathode, Crime and Punishment, Love and Peace, Azul Luna and Rojo Sol, Blanc and Noir, and Hypnos and Thanatos.
Alouette ended up going with the least interesting choices of names among these!
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Yep, there's a drama track where that plays out:

Negative wrote: 5 years ago While the audio dramas for Zero 1 were largely just acted out version of the game's cutscenes, for 2 and 3 they provide some behind the screen material. The following track is the longest out of all of them, and is thus dedicated to the most important topic: 15 minutes of Alouette talking to people in the base, trying to come up with names for the baby elves. Includes some interesting lore, for example both human and reploid children supposedly used the go to school together (and apparently reploids can't sing).

I don't know about the extra life but you could have at least gotten the health recharge before the fight with the Baby Elves. I wonder if the recoil rod pogo effect would have been enough to reach it.

I'm also glad to see Ciel toughen up. When I first played the Zero games, I felt a bit that it was getting old to see Ciel standing on the side and say "Zero..." over and over. It's like those annoying repetitive NPCs.
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

It looked to me like the platforms still existed while that part of the missile was falling off (raocow seemed to wall-jump off of one), so I think you jump in quickly, grab the life, and get out? Not sure, though.
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!
Kincyr
HONK!

Post by Kincyr »

Dragon Fogel wrote: 5 years ago It looked to me like the platforms still existed while that part of the missile was falling off (raocow seemed to wall-jump off of one), so I think you jump in quickly, grab the life, and get out? Not sure, though.
can confirm; platforms still exist while the missile segment moves dynamically. the trouble is that the gap between the segments soon becomes too large to jump, and then the falling segment leaves the stage, causing the edge of the stage to push you off
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

raocow, you have seen and walked in destruction on this scale before: when the colony crashes in the intro level of X4, you fight the intro boss in its aftermath and have a stupid discussion about the ramifications with Colonel.

You are correct though that aside from that, the later X games keep telling you "oh yeah 95% of all humans just died whoops" but it's never shown AT ALL, so it's just a number they toss out. It should have way more impact, but the presentation is just sooo bad.

This

middle

set of levels where you "refight" the Zero 1 bosses is really, really good. The first time in the Zero series where this part of the story (

the intermission

) is genuinely really good and fun. Spoilered for overall game and story structure, of course!
kitikami

Post by kitikami »

Whoa, that post about prospective elf names wasn't a joke? It always catches me off guard how in-depth Mega Man backstories get with some of these details.
Stink Terios

Post by Stink Terios »

I like how Zero accomplished nothing with this mission lol. He beat up some babies for a while then ate shit super hard.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

hey it said 100% !!!
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Shard1697

Post by Shard1697 »

martina is a super super powerful satellite elf so how difficult the rest of this game will be sorta hinges on whether you decide to use it.

I would recommend not, but you may end up disagreeing with me later on in this game.
LunarRainbowShyGuy

Post by LunarRainbowShyGuy »

This stage didn't give me too much trouble, except for the ball cannons. I had a fairly easy time dealing with them in the previous stage, but in this stage they're placed in positions that make it awkward to approach and attack them. While those enemies were somewhat annoying, the missile part made up for it by being really cool. Though while one might think that the segments breaking off is based on time, as far as I can tell it actually happens when you come to certain parts of the stage. Also there are some little details I like here. I like that you can tell where the missile will split by looking at the background. There's also a small diagram of the missile on some screens on the beginning of the stage, with red lines marking where it will split (though I don't know if those are accurate), which I think is neat.

The baby elves are an interesting boss fight, though they're pretty easy. They share a health bar, but they don't share invincibility, meaning you can attack one while the other is invincible. During certain attacks you can even hit them both with a single charged saber slash. Normally this is where I'd talk about their EX attack, except I never saw them do anything they didn't do against raocow. For all I know they might not even have an EX attack. Anyway, despite them being easy I did tend to take a few hits from them, which combined with the damage those ball cannons did to me did cost me a few S ranks, but it didn't take too many tries to finally get an S rank.

ztarwuff
What the heck is a flair and why am I being asked to write one for my profile?

Post by ztarwuff »

raocow, I think there's something wrong with your controller. When I played this stage, Zero did not charge on his own during that cutscene where the missile's first stage fell off. And I definitely don't anywhere near as many not jumping issues or falling off wall issues.
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

ztarwuff wrote: 5 years ago raocow, I think there's something wrong with your controller. When I played this stage, Zero did not charge on his own during that cutscene where the missile's first stage fell off. And I definitely don't anywhere near as many not jumping issues or falling off wall issues.
Zero charges on his own if you hold the fire button as you enter a cutscene. It also happens with any boss intro cutscene if you hold the button as you jump through the boss door. As someone who charges a LOT, that happens to me pretty much always.

Also, wall-jumps immediately after latching on ARE a bit finicky.
xnamkcor

Post by xnamkcor »

Deus ex Ciel?

God from the Sky?

Edit:
Paragraph wrote: 5 years ago Also, wall-jumps immediately after latching on ARE a bit finicky.
In the X and Zero Series(And probably any other that follows or stole their engine), You don't need to latch to wall jump. There is a proximity to any walljumpable wall that lets you do a wall jump. You can see this by facing away from a way and jumping twice(if you are close enough). The structure on the surface of the base to the left in Zero 1 has a nice place to practice since it has an overhang so you aren't walking up to a wall when you set it up. You can actually wall jump off the same wall twice since the proximity is so wide, but that may be TAS-Only.

PS: On the subject of strange leniencies and a game raocow finished decades ago: There is an extremely long time to press the Shoot button after you input the Hadouken command in X1. You even have time to do Hadouken, face the opposite direction, reface the original direction, and fire the Hadouken. That's about the equivalent of doing the Hadouken motion, blocking a hit in SF, then still immediately firing that Hadouken in the next frame.

PPS: I've never been too into SF. Sorry if that scenario is already built into the game.
You cannot add yourself to the friends list.
You cannot add yourself to the foes list.
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Heavy Sigh wrote: 5 years agoAzul Luna and Rojo Sol
That's kinda interesting considering that apparently MMZ3 has a minor tie-in with Mega Man Battle Network 4 whose two versions are Blue Moon and Red Sun. (Which I was reminded of literally just last night since I've been rewatching Roahm Mythril's MMBN lps.)
Heavy Sigh

Post by Heavy Sigh »

So close with the Cyber-Elf...maybe next video.

MUTOS FACTS! SUPER MONKEY OF KNOWLEDGE

Hanumachine (ハヌマシーン) is a member of Hidden Phantom's Cutting Shadow Squadron and is a Mutos Reploid based on the Hindu monkey god Hanuman.

Revived and upgraded by Dr. Weil as "Hanumachine R", he leads an army to attack the Resistance Base.

Hanumachine can turn into a fireball and ricochet around the room Zero fights him in, and with Dr Weil's upgrades it now carries enough force to destroy the blocks occupying the room.

Oddly, throughout the battle, Hanumachine R constantly refers to Zero as the "God of Destruction", no matter the player's actual rank.

Nickname: 知恵の超猿 (Chie no Chouen, Super Monkey of Knowledge)

EX Skill: 旋棍猿舞 (Spinning Staff Monkey Dance)
Hanumachine spins his staff with both ends ablaze and jumps up to strike.

EX Skill: Split Heavens

Trivia: His red face and white coloring resembles those of some species of macaques, such as the Rhesus macaque and Japanese macaque.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Man the tile cannons are annoying, how they reappear even if you don't leave the vicinity and shoot you while you're trying to push blocks. Is it not possible to get rid of it?

So today we saw a lot of goodies you got up to now, including ways to heal perpetually. Don't forget you have another satellite elf slot available.

It helps to know that a given menu will only display elves that are relevant to that menu. That means satellite and fusion menus display all elves of the respective type, and all elves appearing in the e-crystals menu can be fed for upgrading or converting. (Use the list menu to see the full list of elves.)

It would be nice if you returned to Ciel's room (where you met Alouette) and check the computer again because there's lore about Weil too.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Just going to say right now that you do indeed have weaknesses for all three of these bosses. This one and the ice dude's should be pretty obvious. Glad you got that Sub Tank, too. That'll make things way more easy to tank for your style of play.
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

If only there was a way to charge up the Recoil Rod while also shooting at Tile Cannons

Oh well I guess they didn't program in a sensible Control Type
LunarRainbowShyGuy

Post by LunarRainbowShyGuy »

Even though I always leave exploration for a revisit, I kind of like levels like this with a lot of room for exploration. The Tile Cannons can be a bit annoying, but attack mode type B lets you destroy them while charging the recoil rod. Overall this stage didn't give me much trouble once I decided to stop looking around and just take the fastest route.

The boss fight here is interesting; I like the idea of a fight in which the terrain can change as the fight goes on. Though I quickly realized there was a way to cheese the fight. If there are any blocks on the same level as Hanumachine he will turn into a fireball and go back and forth until the arena is flat. If you use the recoil rod to make a hole and get him to go into it you can make him spend most of the fight doing that attack, making it pretty easy.

Stink Terios

Post by Stink Terios »

So now raocow knows there are upgrade chips hidden about. In the previous stages, at least one of those was left behind. A sub-tank was also missed.
ztarwuff
What the heck is a flair and why am I being asked to write one for my profile?

Post by ztarwuff »

raocow has finally discovered the joys of satellite elves! For my current playthrough, I've turned Clokkle and Ilethus into satellite elves, and equipped them for the faster charge time and the ability to slash bullets out of the air.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

when I get to dr vile's fortresses and traditional clean-up starts, I might ask to know where I can find sub-tanks and upgrade boxes, in classic mmx cleanup fashion
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Mea

Post by Mea »

And someone should also get a savefile with all the

minigames unlocked

for this and the next game so we can see them. I didn't know 4 had them so I'm actually quite curious.