(shouting)

Mega Man - We're Here Forever!

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
ztarwuff
What the heck is a flair and why am I being asked to write one for my profile?
Location: Within 2 miles of the Imperial Crypt of Napoleon III

Re: Mega Man Zero 3 - Omega Man

Post by ztarwuff »

The Old residential area is a wonderful place to find extra lives if you're ever low. But you do need the fire chip.

Also, the Remastered Track for this level is kind of weird. It goes into a brilliant riff, but fades off before it can good:

[yt][/yt]
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

To use the [yt] tag you need to put just the video ID, in this case it'd be:

Code: Select all

[yt]CygTQoIpb-Y[/yt]
But you don't even need to use that cause you can just paste the full URL and it'll automatically embed, like what happened there
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

There's a lot of interesting ideas in this story but there's something about the execution that just feels incomplete. I think it has to do with the premise of the war between a resistance and their oppressors. The series goes from that to "well, now we're on good terms with Harpuia and X and all, but the evil scientist they're working with is a classic Big Bad anyway" and I just don't understand how we're supposed to feel about all these characters. The idea of ambiguous, uneasy relationships in war is something you could tell a story with also, but it doesn't feel intentional, it feels like the game's expecting me to make assumptions or not think about it. Same thing with the blurring the lines between X and Copy X. Kind of disappointing.
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Heavy Sigh

Post by Heavy Sigh »

Leet wrote: 5 years ago There's a lot of interesting ideas in this story but there's something about the execution that just feels incomplete. I think it has to do with the premise of the war between a resistance and their oppressors. The series goes from that to "well, now we're on good terms with Harpuia and X and all, but the evil scientist they're working with is a classic Big Bad anyway" and I just don't understand how we're supposed to feel about all these characters. The idea of ambiguous, uneasy relationships in war is something you could tell a story with also, but it doesn't feel intentional, it feels like the game's expecting me to make assumptions or not think about it. Same thing with the blurring the lines between X and Copy X. Kind of disappointing.
Your complaints get addressed later.
Shard1697

Post by Shard1697 »

Didn't see it at all, but there are multiple switches you can step on in various points in the level that lower the water level, which also changes the depth the sub is moving at and makes it break blocks at different points(this is relevant for getting certain items as well as mission score).

It's a cool level and one of my favorite MM water levels. And I like that the dark elf can turn a random mook into a miniboss.
The rabbit is just too easy though.
xnamkcor

Post by xnamkcor »

As someone who has read and watched a lot of a certain kind of manga and anime, an old man convincing two children to come with him reminds me of something.
You cannot add yourself to the friends list.
You cannot add yourself to the foes list.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

A cynical reploid who makes snide comments? Probably a maverick, get alia on this
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

As you've seen in today's video, this game has other chips besides the elements, some of them really cool. Try them out as well as satellite elves to see how they can help you.

And see, this is how to treat cyberspace: you use it when you need to. It gets more useful later when you have more elves stacked up.

Notice that the robot that the Dark Elf transformed gains a form similar to Elpizo's second form in his boss fight.
Shard1697 wrote: 5 years ago Didn't see it at all, but there are multiple switches you can step on in various points in the level that lower the water level, which also changes the depth the sub is moving at and makes it break blocks at different points(this is relevant for getting certain items as well as mission score).
That's kind of neat. I was about to say that I don't really like that level because it's hard to see the spikes coming when you're racing the submarine as well as jumping and falling large heights, and it doesn't look like the level has many visual cues to help you remember where the spikes are.

Speaking of

spikes, a cyber elf that turns instant kill traps non-lethal returns in this game under a different name, and it can be converted to satellite.

Very handy in a casual run.
Heavy Sigh

Post by Heavy Sigh »

leave it to raocow to have more trouble with the miniboss than the main boss.

MUTOS FACTS! FROZEN FUNERAL DEATH RABBIT

Childre Inarabitta (チルドレ・イナラビッタ Chirudore Inarabitta) is based on the White Hare of Inaba from the Kojiki book. His small frame is made for high-speed maneuvers, being able to spring and pounce freely on water. His body possesses a mighty cooling systemin order to prevent his body from overheating, but also allows him to manipulate cold environments, in turn allowing him to create freezing attacks. Childre is one of the Eight Gentle Judges brainwashed by Dr. Weil as one of Weil's Numbers, and was sent to capture the Dark Elf, but was defeated by Zero.

During his time on the Council, Childre was known for his playfully kind demeanor and a tumultuous relationship with Blazin' Flizard, clashing with Flizard's serious, no nonsense attitude. As a member of Weil's Numbers, he now values destruction for its own sake, and doesn't hesitate to use anything at his disposal to accomplish a mission he's on.

Throughout the stage, Childre attacks with homing torpedoes and exploding ice mines via a small submarine vehicle, which can only go as high as the water's surface. Zero has to find and stand on switches that decrease the water level to hinder the vehicle's path before Childre destroys them. During the battle itself, Childre can throw ice blades from his ears and dive at Zero using the sharp ice in his ears. At A or S rank, he will use Super Ear Shot, where a larger ice blade is fired from his ears. Defeating him will give Zero the Ice Body chip, and if the player is at A or S rank, the Throw Blade ability.

Nickname: Frozen Funeral Death Rabbit (Tousou no Shito, 凍葬の死兎)
EX Skill: Super Ear Shot (スーパーイヤーショット)
Childre Inarabitta launches a giant blade of glowing energy at Zero from his ears. At B-rank or lower, he only resorts to Ear Shot, a smaller, weaker version of this attack.

Zero's EX Skill: Throw Blade (Zan'eidan)

Trivia

Childre Inarabitta is one of only two of Weil's Numbers in the game who first appear already morphed into his "Punishment" form. Childre has transformed to boost his speed and chase after the Dark Elf. Both of them only assume humanoid form briefly during the final stage, morphing afterwards.
ItsPurvis!

Post by ItsPurvis! »

Belatedly, when reading Deathtanz Mantisk's "chikachika" vocal quirk, I kept hearing it like this, and now this is his voice.

Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

If you're going for a top mission score, this stage is a huge pain. You have to not only know where all four buttons are in advance, and that lowers the water level which means you also have to use the Recoil Rod properly to make a couple of jumps. Wish YT wouldn't have cut the resolution of these vids down to 240p when they were originally at 360p, but whatever.

Boss is even more of a cakewalk with the water level lowered. Also, First "Successful" Run sounds better for this series now that I think about it. Look, it was 2011. It's okay.
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

Wait, Childre isn't female??

I have to agree that this stage is a huge pain if you want to do it "well", that is hit all the switches as the mission states. You have to go REALLY fast, and that means looong dash-jumps that are completely blind. You basically have to memorize every spike position and where you can go far and where you have to be careful. Also that you have to pre-charge the recoil rod. And you'll still constantly run into enemies that you can't possibly see coming beneath you, above you...it's super annoying.

This is one of the examples where I feel like the gimmick is taking over the level to its detriment, and there's going to be more and worse examples later. Fortunately, here you can at least ignore the gimmick if you don't care about rank, but then the stage is really easy because taking your time takes all the bite out of it.
LunarRainbowShyGuy

Post by LunarRainbowShyGuy »

Despite people saying that this stage is hard to get an S rank on I didn't have too much trouble with it other than taking a few runs to find where all the buttons are. Though balancing things out a bit is the fact that I had quite a bit of trouble with the boss that people seem to agree is easy. Anyway, my strategy for this stage was to stick to the ocean floor as much as possible, even waiting for the boss to clear the way after the second and third buttons to do so. Though getting past him after the third button to get to the last one was fairly tricky.

As I mentioned before I had some trouble with the boss, mostly because every time I moved in to attack he would jump right into my face. After a few tries though I managed to figure out when it was safe to attack, and after that I was able to beat him fairly easily.

Now that I've talked about how I got through this stage this seems like a good time to give my opinion on it, which is that it's not so great. While I didn't have too much trouble once I figured out to stick to the sea floor, until then I had my fair share of jumping straight into spikes. Also, while I think the idea of using switches to lower the water level is nice, I think the execution is pretty poor. On my initial run I only found one of the buttons. Judging from that and raocow's run that's probably as much as anyone playing casually is going to find, and they'll be lucky if it hasn't already been destroyed. Maybe it would be better if the buttons were in more obvious locations, or even if they simply told you the buttons were on the ocean's floor instead of just vaguely mentioning that they're up ahead. As it is now you pretty much have to already know where the buttons are in order to make use of them.

ztarwuff
What the heck is a flair and why am I being asked to write one for my profile?
Location: Within 2 miles of the Imperial Crypt of Napoleon III

Post by ztarwuff »

I agree with everything that's been said so far about this level. It was just a pain to get perfect.

Also, raocow complains about super easy mode being broken.
Shard1697

Post by Shard1697 »

Paragraph wrote: 5 years ago Wait, Childre isn't female??

Cubit Foxtar

also isn't.

This is the rabbit's judge form, by the way:
Heavy Sigh

Post by Heavy Sigh »

weakness of all French Canadians: lava rivers

MUTOS FACTS! FIRE DRAGON OF THE CRUSHING MANDALA

Blazin' Flizard (ブレイジン・フリザード Bureijin Furizādo) is based on the Frill-necked Lizard. Originally a serious, no nonsense Reploid known for his meticulous nature, he now administrates a geothermal plant and is one of the Eight Gentle Judges brainwashed into Weil's Numbers, his modifications placing a reflective mirror shield around his neck and a flamethrower/data probe in his tail. Flizard has a bad relationship with Childre Inarabitta that has blossomed into true enmity after Weil's reprogramming.

If the player has an S or A rank, Flizard will shoot fire from his head in several directions. Defeating him will give Zero the Fire Body chip, and if the player is at A or S Rank, the Burst Shot ability, which is a variant of Flizard's three sphere attack.

Nickname: Mandala Fire Crush Dragon (Mandala Kasairyuu, 曼荼羅火砕竜)
EX Skill: フィアスプリンクラー (Fear Sprinkler)
Blazin' Flizard jumps to the center of the room and fires a spray of fireblasts with his spinning frill in a set pattern.

Zero's EX Skill: Burst Shot
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

if youre just gonna savestate at the end anyway run the "too tired and grumpy to play along"-timed cutscenes while recording the next video instead
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
xnamkcor

Post by xnamkcor »

You cannot add yourself to the friends list.
You cannot add yourself to the foes list.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Yeah, the Volcano Base is a hard level. I now think that the first four stages perhaps go hardest to easier when left to right. The parts with the bucketlike containers dropping into the lava looked frightening when I first saw them. The first part isn't that bad but it took me some time to figure out the second half of the second part, where they move left. What you need to do there is to rely on each container-dropping hole twice. Hop on the container that's sinking into the lava, and then hop onto the newly dropped container falling from the same hole.

You could have attacked those four-way spike shooters in the "miniboss" section. If you attack enough of them, the timer stops early.

Read inside if you want a summary of the symbols on the cyber elves menu (source):
F = fusion
S = satellite
A = auto-activated in cyberspace
up arrow = can be upgraded
L1 = has to be upgraded once before it can be used
L2 = has to be upgraded twice before it can be used
rotating arrows = can be converted between fusion and satellite
circle = no more upgrades and cannot be converted
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

Really do not understand why you complain about the game "forcing" you into a cutscene when there is a save prompt right BEFORE the cutscene you could use to, you know, load the cutscene in your next session. Especially with Zero 3 finally making cutscenes skippable from the get-go, this is probably the single best way to handle having cutscenes at all.

Also, I realize that this came from you being in a bad mood, but I don't think this cutscene is bad at all because in my opinion, there is no "twist" in the story at all. It is 100% obvious that Weil is super fucking evil from the very start of the game, and the game does treat him as such - what we are seeing here is not a sudden reveal, it's an escalation. Every since the beginning of Zero 2, Harpuia has been shown to be sympathetic to Zero, reasonable in his actions and willing to work towards peace within the limits of his convictions. But now Weil shows up, manipulates/influences/brainwashes Copy X, and Harpuia's influence starts to crumble; and in this scene, he is officially relieved of all duties, preventing a peaceful resolution of the conflict because Weil through Copy X is pushing for war quite actively. And then the missile attack happens.

The scene underlines the tragedy and powerlessness of Harpuia, it's not meant to tell you "hey guess what? WEIL IS EVIL!!! *gasp*". It serves about the same purpose as the scene in Star Wars (the first one) where Darth Vader informs the imperials that the senate has been dissolved and the Emperor is now the sole, unchecked ruler of the Empire. Nobody expects the viewer to go "oh shit I thought the Emperor was a BENEVOLENT dictator, but this proves that he's actually quite bad!!!", it's telling the audience that the obvious bad guy is now at his most powerful, and even dissenting voices within his own fraction are quickly silenced (Harpuia, the guy whose lack of faith is disturbing).

Also yeah the lava part jump sucks. At least this level has the most tolerable miniboss because you can literally cut it short. I'm also not too fond of Flizard's fight, as raocow found out he doesn't telegraph his attacks nearly enough so it becomes a positioning game (I hate those), or...you just buster him to death effortlessly while he's short-ranging it up like a moron.
Arctangent
squawky

Post by Arctangent »

Something I just now realized is that the MMZ games have Zero in X's stance of "leaning forward, close arm down and far arm forward" - in the MMX games, he consistently instead has his chest facing away from where he is, with his back mostly straight and never holding his arms like X does, though it varies between 3, 4 & 5, and 6.

He also wall clings with his close arm and his chest facing towards the camera in MMZ, which is how X does it in MMX - meanwhile, MMX Zero does the opposite.

Zero does keep the fact that he jumps with his arms down flexing up, though, whereas X always jumps with his arms flung to the sky, like his previous iteration. He also dashes with his close arm nearly horizontal and his far arm held towards him, while X dashes with his arms diagonally downwards and away from him, respectively. Also, his hurt pose is closest to his own from MMX3, though it's far less exaggerated.

What I draw from this is that X's stance from the first Mega Man X set the standard in idle stances for main characters - Mega Man in 7 and 8, .exe, and Vent and Aile all hold themselves in some variation of that pose. It doesn't matter if it's a Mega Man or not, that's just how the main protag holds themselves. On the other hand, the jump-with-arms-flung-to-sky and hurt-with-back-arced-and-chest-pushed-out are distinctly Mega Man things, with other main characters not dropping their own unique ones when they become the star of the game.

Interestingly, though, Vent and Aile jump and dash like Zero, even though

their "pure" BioMetal is X

. Though this could probably stem from the fact that ZX is, at its core, an extension of the Z series, which is immediately obvious from their aesthetic both in official art and sprites. So, it's probably just a matter of not straying too far from the base game.

Not like they're the Mega Man in that series, anyway, just a Mega Man.

boy howdy this is a post that just kept going and going i just started it wanting to point out the idle pose thing
Shard1697

Post by Shard1697 »

I'll be the bad guy here and say I like the lava jump segment. It's easier if at the bit with the gap, you wait on the left as long as possible and then jump over to the right one as it falls in instead of first jumping over to one that's mostly gone and then to one as it falls in.

But, maybe this is an opinion borne of replaying the game a lot.

It's definitely often possible to beat bosses in mmz2 and onwards by just mashing your face against them and swording them to death. It's kinda why I like the hard mode in these games, it prevents you from charging or triple slashing so you can't out DPS guys and have to really learn their patterns. Gotta beat the games once on normal to actually get it though :(
LunarRainbowShyGuy

Post by LunarRainbowShyGuy »

It's been awhile since I first played the Zero games so I don't really remember many details of the levels, but when I came to this level I felt a sense of dread. As soon as I died to the lava pit near the end memories of dying there several times came rushing back. The only other noteworthy thing is the flamethrower enemy right before the lava pit, which had the potential to be troublesome. Fortunately a charged saber slash has just enough range to hit it from below, and by destroying the box on the ground with the recoil rod you don't have to worry about that enemy on the ground hitting you. I feel like I've been saying this a lot, but this is another thing you can only really do with attack mode type B. The rest of the stage was relatively easy, but that lava pit brought an end to many attempts.

The boss here can be difficult, though I feel like this is another boss whose EX attack makes the fight easier. For his EX attack he jumps to the center of the room (even if he's already standing in the center, which makes it easy to see coming) and shoots fireballs in a pattern which is pretty easy to dodge and leaves plenty of openings for you to attack him. And since his EX attack leaves him in the center of the room, and he uses it fairly often, he tends to spend most of the fight standing in the center. Once you learn how to dodge his attacks from there the fight becomes pretty easy.

Also, raocow, I feel like it would have been a good idea to just stop after the save prompt so your experiencing the cutscene wouldn't be tainted by the level you just played, because as people have said this isn't meant to be a big plot twist. I thought it was obvious from the beginning that Weil was manipulating X. Speaking of Weil, I haven't really talked about him at all, and that's mostly because I don't know how to put into words just how much I hate this guy's guts.

Stink Terios

Post by Stink Terios »

Isn't the trick to the lava platforms to wait longer than you would be confortable with? I remember the lava hitbox being extremely generous in this instance.