(shouting)

Mega Man - We're Here Forever!

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Re: Mega Man X7 - Guest Starring: Mega Man X

Post by Alice »

Filby wrote: 5 years agoahahahahahaha oh man this game is a trainwreck.
Personally I just find it incredibly boring. I've found myself setting the last half dozen videos or so to double speed just to get through them. And even then I'll still occasionally find myself manually skipping ahead because it's such a boring game.
Mea

Post by Mea »

Boss refights are such a hackneyed trope in megaman by this point. The only value it has in being done again is that it's being done yet again. Gunvolt at least had the innovation of only fighting 3 at a time spread out over several final levels. And they didn't take longer than a minute each, and the refights had nuanced differences.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

...innovation that was present in literally the first mega man game? :lol:

But yeah I've never been a fan of the refights either, they're just padding the game length
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

The boss refights are fine in the classic games and the first three X games, in which the bosses are not ridiculous damage sponges and the weapons are actually fun to use on them.
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

what Leet said
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

Get this: on Xtreme, the refights are all on the arbitrary Level 6, and they have so much health there that they just fucking staple half a bar on top of the normal one. Can't make this shit up.
Heavy Sigh

Post by Heavy Sigh »

Man the music in Sigma Gunner's fight is trying soooo hard to get the player hyped up...except it's in X7 so that's a doomed effort.

Second Form Sigma is known as COLOSSUS SIGMA, and has the distinction of being the biggest Sigma body ever, even larger than GAMMA SIGMA. It also has the distinction of being the ONLY Sigma form that can be beaten by just holding down 1 button.

Because there is a very small portion of the arena that none of COLOSSUS SIGMA's attacks can reach except the Orb shot, if you bring Zero, you can sit in that corner and hold down attack to use Zero's guard power to reflect the orbs back at Sigma, and very slowly win the fight in complete safety.
Grounder

Re: Mega Man X7 - Crash and Burn to the Ground

Post by Grounder »

this game is so sad alia play despacito
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

And so, the second largest Sigma form goes down.

Up next will be a good game, but I will not have stable internet for a while, so I will probably miss most of everything past episode 1.
Stink Terios

Post by Stink Terios »

While this game may be Worst Game of All Time material, Our Blood Boils makes it all worth it.
Shard1697

Post by Shard1697 »

this game can't be blamed for his dumb face but man... sigma really just always looks like such garbage
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

I wonder if it was actually in the design of the final Sigma for a bunch of his attacks to have him be in a T-pose or if this is just yet another side effect of how rushed this game was
Le Neveu de Rameau
I'm a hoobsie roller; I got robots in my life
First name: Rameau's Nephew

Post by Le Neveu de Rameau »

You know you're dealing with a quality game when your immediate defense is "Mega Man DOS 3 was far worse!" This is also, incidentally, the opening line of the seminal apologia "In Defense of Shoving a Hot Poker Up Your Nose".
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Now that the game's over, here's the other route that raocow didn't take in the one split path after fighting Red along with getting through the rest of this mess.

Straight up truth, there are parts of this I enjoy more than X5 and X6 just because I can't stand backtracking overload or bad 2D design. This game's problems are mostly in the 3D sections, not that the 2D parts are great or anything. Not going to glorify X7 though as it's a different shade of bad from the previous two games. Again, X8 happened, and I'm happy for that. At least there's one good game on the Collection disc, although it has a couple of iffy moments. Still, it's better than the last three!

Sigma's first form gets stunned by Wind Cutter, and I find using a charged Splash Laser on the final form makes that fight go quickly. Let's just forget about this one and get to my favorite of the Zero games.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

Sigma final form is literally just Destroyman
Btw gotta remark before I forget how hilarious it is that X's charge shot quote is "Stop it!"
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
AuraLancer
AKA Uncle Aura

Post by AuraLancer »

Congrats on your escape win, Mr cow
Classtoise
First name: June
Pronouns: she/her/it/its

Post by Classtoise »

"If they had just made levels, it'd be just fine"

Man you're gonna love enjoy X8 a lot more
:bi_pride: :trans_pride:
Heavy Sigh

Re: Mega Man Zero 3 - Omega Man

Post by Heavy Sigh »

Did Weil forget to download Copy-X's sound drivers or could he not find them online.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

and so dr vava appears and he's in a dumb pyramid-helmet spaceman suit

great start
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Stink Terios

Post by Stink Terios »

Dang it I guess I gotta have to Sebby raocow about control type B until he gives it at least another honest try.

By the way, try... aiming the charged recoil rod downwards.
It's super fun to use!

The secret disks, while holding lore and whatever, can also hold some... cool stuff.
What I'm saying is cleanup videos for Zero 3 are going to be worhwhile, and fun to watch imo.
AlchemistHohenheim

Post by AlchemistHohenheim »

Hinted at today: One of the weirder plot points of the Zero series, where I'm not totally sure what they were actually going for with it. But that's for later.
Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: liv/livvy
https://blivsey.talkhaus.com/

Post by Blivsey »

Heavy Sigh wrote: 5 years ago Did Weil forget to download Copy-X's sound drivers or could he not find them online.
To be perfectly fair, it's been hundreds of years and technology has advanced far beyond what Dr. Light ever worked with. Developers probably just dropped compatibility for DLN drivers in the new millennium, so getting ancient tech to work right is a nightmare in this age.

I feel ya, Dr. Weil.

also raocow can play the game however he wants and i don't understand why people feel the need to pester him to bend to their will??? typeC looks fine to me
convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

also raocow can play the game however he wants and i don't understand why people feel the need to pester him to bend to their will??? typeC looks fine to me
you thought you could hide your text in small font, well let me show how futile that is

It's because Type B is objectively the best. Other types can be OK - even Type A (Metroid style) isn't unusable per se once you understand it, but you probably wouldn't think so at first - but type B simply has greater capability. It allows you to charge your two weapons separately and use them basically independently, instead having only one charge for whichever weapon you release the charge with.
Super Llama
Love is stored in the robot

Post by Super Llama »

The remastered version of Weil's theme (called "Curse of Weil/Vile") is indeed pretty awesome.

Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

omega is the grandson of gamma
i've honestly never played a video game in my life