(shouting)

Mega Man - We're Here Forever!

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Paragraph

Re: Mega Man X7 - Guest Starring: Mega Man X

Post by Paragraph »

Heavy Sigh wrote: 5 years ago I appreciate that the boss not only has huge iframes on all his attacks, but can also hide under the stage so you cant hurt him at all. A+ boss design.
That problem just disappears if you use the Mysterious Hunter, haha. Also, his weakness is the wheel so they probably think you'd angle the wheel to go around the tube and hit him at the bottom but haha again.

Also, this level is confusing as all hell. It's actually really, really short but you get warped to top and bottom so often and get turned around that you might not realize it at first. If you finally figure it out, you can get all the Reploids and other stuff really quickly. And yes, you need to use the Samurai to pass through walls, they're actually dead in two copy shots (if you hit through their block) which is kinda nice. Soldier Stonekong has a transformation dude which you need for a few upgrades ("need" if you come back with some other things in tow and/or tank damage) and he has like 20 health, super infuriating.
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Parama wrote: 5 years agomust have been the inspiration for danganronpa's psyche taxi
Psyche Taxi doesn't have atrocious controls though. It was also fairly fun in my experience. (At the very least more fun than any iteration of the Hangman minigame...)
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

yeah i was just referring to the "hit people with a car to help them" aspect :P
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Heavy Sigh

Post by Heavy Sigh »

And so, the MYSTERIOUSMAVERICKHUNTER is revealed to be none other than X! What a twist!

ALTERNATE DIALOGUE!

X

X: Where are you? Come out and face me!

Wind Crowrang: Hmph...I can see it in your eyes... You would prefer to avoid a fight...

X: Yes, of course. I don't want any more people getting hurt.

Wind Crowrang: You really are a soft fool, X. Well then, just stand there peacefully while I erase both you and your silly ideals!

ZERO

Zero: Before I destroy you, let me ask you a question. What is your real purpose? It can't just be getting Axl back.

Wind Crowrang: I wanted to see...

Zero: ?

Wind Crowrang: See if the Reploid that fascinated him so was really all that great... So, let's see what you're worth!
xnamkcor

Post by xnamkcor »

I think all the bosses use miniatures of themselves because it saves on RAM because that model and texture is already loaded.
You cannot add yourself to the friends list.
You cannot add yourself to the foes list.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

I'll say that if you want X to be any use whatsoever, he should be the one saving the bots from here on out when you can. Some of them give you extensions to your life and weapon energy meters. In this case, Axl got all the rewards in this level. Stage kind of reminds me a bit of Sonic Adventure minus the whole plane jumping part.

You can hang off to the left side on that lower area if you see Crowrang getting ready to do his charge strike thing. Other than that, yeah. That was a stage with some odd camera perspectives, all right!
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

Yeah this was one of the other stages I attempted when I played this game. Hopping from plane to plane is hot garbage and then one just falls out of the sky with not super obvious indication (there's some smoke coming from it) and even once you know about it, it's clunky as hell trying to get off of it. I think I got to the boss and wasn't very powered up so I was barely able to take anything off his health bar, I game overed, and didn't want to play any more.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

The level left out the part where Alia teleports into the mother ship to hack the interface while being shot with a truckload of projectiles, what a coward
Grounder

Re: Mega Man Xtreme 2 - From One Xtreme to the Other

Post by Grounder »

Grounder wrote: 5 years ago x7 looks great so far
And at long last, this joke comes to fruition.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

The heart tank in Crowrang's stage and the capsule in Anteater's stage are the two powerups I refused to get in this game. You got them both first try.

Also, X is back. Starting from this game, he now starts with the air dash, and an extra charge level past what you're used to as if he had an arm upgrade, which fires that very big buster shot you saw there.

Glide Armor Body

-Halves the damage X takes. This will be sorely needed because there aren't many powerups left for him to take to boost his health. I'd recommend playing as X for the remainder just so he can take what is left, now that he has this armor upgrade.

-Allows the use of the Giga Crash. Freezes the game momentarily to deliver massive damage to all enemies, even bosses. You'll basically only get one use, and the Weapon Tank can't refill it. Dying will reset the bar to full though, so don't hesitate to use it if you're about to go down.
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

If you're wondering why I called X broken, it's entirely due to his charge shot. If you're just pelleting with him, then you'll be underwhelmed, but that thing is completely absurd. Though the armor certainly helps matters as well, with that AND health upgrades and the half damage chip you can just tank everything.

Wind Crowrang's stage is a prime example of the engine for this game just being complete trash. The platforming in 3D just doesn't work at all, and the only reason for why you aren't reduced to screaming bloody murder in the other levels is that this one is about the only one with any actual platforming challenge to it, maybe Hyenard with those godawful sonic...radar...laser...tower...things. As soon as the jumps get even a little tough, X7 becomes a complete trainwreck because no, this game does NOT control well. The walljumps on the planes barely working is just the tip of the iceberg, raocow's constant accidental dashing is also something I experienced a lot, it's just a nightmare. Even the simple fact that dashing in 3D locks you to one direction while it happens and robs you of a double jump, hover and X's special fun time later is terrible.

raocow fortunately didn't run into the issue or learned quickly to just keep his feet still, but if you walk just a bit on the first red plane as it yaws, the game throws an absolute hissy fit and the way you move is completely random. There's no "wind" to it as far as I can tell because standing perfectly still lets you, in fact, stand perfectly still; I suspect X7 just has no clue on how to handle a moving angled surface and the physics engine just has to, pardon the pun, wing it.

The entire stage is a perfect microcosm of X7 actually because after the insanely frustrating if deceptively short plane segment you have the "miniboss" part which is such a non-event that you might as well not have it (same for the entire game tho!!!), and if raocow used special weapons you could just say "fuck it" to all of it (stationary targets get shredded in milliseconds by Volt Tornado, any character's version). And then there's a 3D segment which consists entirely of corridors and camera problems and the level just ends. Followed by a boss that's blatantly unfair for Zero to fight, has an attack that deals a fuckload of damage and is super weird to dodge, with the only saving grace being that Crowrang knows how to shut the fuck up.

Next time: one of the better stages, though that's not saying much. Do you want a checklist of stuff to get, raocow?
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

wait, hold up, go back to the internet level, i forgot to make a Zardoz joke about the heads!
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

Paragraph wrote: 5 years ago Do you want a checklist of stuff to get, raocow?
yeah I think I'm gonna need one
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

oh man it's a shield on a stick
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

I think those rocks were exploding before they touched when they were meeting up on the other side. I think maybe if you stand between them you won't take damage?

This is one of the I think 2 bosses I actually killed but I don't remember much about how. I'm kinda going off what I saw in the video today
Super Llama
Love is stored in the robot

Post by Super Llama »

- The remaining capsules are in Stonekong, Hyenard and Anteator's stages.
- You'll need to bring Axl along for those three on at least one run because they all have hostages that can only be rescued with the copy ability (copying the boulder-chucking guys, the flying guys and the samurai guys, respectively.) The missing chip upgrade in Stonekong's stage (held by Simon) can only be gotten by copying a Ruinsman.
- I'm pretty sure you missed the Heart Tank in Boarski's stage (during the part with the electrified floor, just ease off the throttle at the start and go really slow and the crate with the Heart Tank will explode by the time you get to it.)\
- There's plenty of pickups in Gungaroo's stage in the green toxic goop room (if you go to the left at the start of the room there should be more stage that way, including a replacement ride armor) and the final ride armor free-for-all room (you can wall climb on the columns via the center strips sticking out of them.)
- There's a reploid named Matthew in Hyenard's stage who has another chip upgrade, located in the 3D section in the same area you found the Heart Tank. Also there's an alternate path of isolated platforms right before where the Heart Tank is that can only be reached with Axl or with X once he has his leg upgrade that's a shortcut to the boss and should have a few more hostages there.
-There's an E-Tank in Warfly's stage, in the same area you fight the three serpent enemies. Look behind one of the crates right before the actual serpent fight.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

To dodge Stonekong's boulder attack, just get to the exact opposite side of the screen where the attack starts. The rocks explode before they connect again. You were so close to dodging them but kept jumping into one piece before they did that explosion thing.
Stink Terios wrote: 5 years agoWhich... which one is that!?
This one!
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

Pretty comprehensive by SuperLlama. Great because my and raocow's sleep schedules don't exactly aling and I got a flight to catch today which is proving complicated atm.

One thing to add: don't start the cleanup with Stonekong. Its hidden areas are deceptively obnoxious, and the Ruinsmen are AWFUL to copy. Practice copying on the flydudes in Hyenard first to save you a lot of headache.

Tip to fill the subtanks: charge Volt Tornado with X, gives him floating elec shield things. Run into something with a lot of health like the plane plate miniboss in Warfly. Health comes vomiting out. Then for laughs kill it with the Tornado in one or two good hits.

EDIT: Also Warfly, because there's no sound effect for picking it up and it's behind a crate and a camera, check your inventory for the subtank if you think you might have found it.

Lest you be forever confounded by the weird purple thing in Stonekong: it's the EX Tank that makes you start with four lives, introduced in X4, the last game it was useful in. It's again purely bad for you in X7 because game overing saves the Reploids you rescued already, so if you're going for 100% it's actually a good idea to kill yourself a few times to hard save a particularly obnoxious one before random chance ruins your attempt further on. Brilliant game I tells ya

EDIT²: Don't forgot the heart tank in Anteator. Also, you do not need any special upgrades, charged weapons or anything for any of these things; X7 is too devoid of design for that. Just Zero's double jump for exactly the EX tank and...that's it? And of course Axl's copy shot, but for less things than you might think.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

I honestly don't think I'll go for the rescues, honestly. Maybe that's rude but like, I didn't get all of them in x5 and x6 either. Naturally i'll try to get any that are in my way but...
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

raocow wrote: 5 years ago I honestly don't think I'll go for the rescues, honestly. Maybe that's rude but like, I didn't get all of them in x5 and x6 either. Naturally i'll try to get any that are in my way but...
Nobody can blame you for that in a game that's somehow even dumber about it than X6. I'm only mentioning how stupid the process is to shit on the game some more.

It's great that Llama pointed out the Chip carriers tho, you should get those. By the by: behind the useless "more health" Special is double, then triple invulnerability time after getting hit, then:
- X: more item drops (guess that's why the rate is so low normally, brilliant)
- Axl: new rolling animation? Idk
- Zero: more damage (haha well hidden you fucks)

EDIT: I'm phoneposting so sorry if the pic is broken
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

X and Axl shoot a donkey kong in the butt until he explodes. I think Capcom was high when they wanted this to be how you enter the world of X7.

I had absolutely no idea that EX Tank/Gumball Machine was even there. It's arguably the most useful in this game out of X4/5/6/7, because less game overs mean you spend less time in Alia Menu Hell.
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

Paragraph wrote: 5 years ago Image

EDIT: I'm phoneposting so sorry if the pic is broken
Needs a .jpg at the end

For the lazy:
Stink Terios

Post by Stink Terios »

Bean wrote: 5 years ago
Stink Terios wrote: 5 years agoWhich... which one is that!?
This one!
I wouldn't call it okay-ish. Freaking ruinsmen, man.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

don't do another video just for the rescues, lol
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

Why is it that suddenly in the 7th game, Dr Light is now worried about "great power, great responsibility"

Why would he ever be concerned about X not using the parts for good?