(shouting)

Mega Man - We're Here Forever!

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Heavy Sigh

Re: Mega Man X7 - Guest Starring: Mega Man X

Post by Heavy Sigh »

Parama wrote: 5 years ago that seemed like an okay boss that had a billion and a half HP

that's like the thing every boss takes a billion years to kill geez
Fun Fact, all the bosses in the english version have doubled health compared to the japanese version.

DIALOGUE!
MYSTERIOUSMAVERICKHUNTER

Vanishing Gungaroo: Hahahah! Destroy, destroy, destroy! Hahahah! Look at me, look at me! I'm king of the mountain!

MYSTERIOUSMAVERICKHUNTER: Stop it! Stop it right there! Do you know how hard we worked to rebuild this world?!

Vanishing Gungaroo: Aw, shaddup! Don't order me around, ya pile of scrap metal!

MYSTERIOUSMAVERICKHUNTER: Shoot... Looks like there's no choice but to fight...

It's really weird how only the secret character's dialogue actually provides reasons to fight the bosses other than 'they're MAVERICKS'. Everyone else just either taunts them or makes vague references to a past we never actually see in any detail. I'd say it was intentional, to showcase how badly Sigma's repeated uprisings have damaged human-Reploid relations, but this is Capcom, so its probably just incompetence.,
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

Zero: "Nothin personnel kid"
Shard1697

Post by Shard1697 »

There's the germ of a good boss here but it's held back. If the game just had a proper z-targeting style camera with strafing it would make a world of difference.

"EXPLOSION"
Last edited by Shard1697 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
xnamkcor

Post by xnamkcor »

Mr. Tonion sounds like Beedle
You cannot add yourself to the friends list.
You cannot add yourself to the foes list.
Zummorr
Bug Catcher

Post by Zummorr »

raocow wrote: 5 years ago I know it's trendy to poop on this game and all but I just had legit fun against this boss :O
I think this is more a consequence of the endorphin rush after succeeding at something hard, than because the boss was good.
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Heavy Sigh wrote: 5 years ago Fun Fact, all the bosses in the english version have doubled health compared to the japanese version.
oh no it's Dynamite Headdy all over again

were Capcom terrified of the rental market blitzing the game? is that why they pulled the opposite of MM2's "Let's make an easy mode and call it Normal"? I mean, wait, this is a PS2 game - the rental market for games was dying by then, at least here in the UK.
Last edited by BobisOnlyBob 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

For the first time in the series, one of the eight bosses uses Ride Armor on YOU. The giant ride armor is supposed to resemble a kangaroo holding its baby in the pouch, which I guess is why everyone treats Vanishing Gungaroo like a kid.

I guess the Explosion weapon is supposed to be something like, Gungaroo punches so hard that it resembles an explosion. It is also the hardest hitting special weapon in the game, doing massive damage to any boss. However, it has incredibly short range and uses so much energy that you can only fire it 1 or 2 times without upgrades.

On the bright side, Axl how has the Grenade Launcher, which does as much damage as a Volt Tornado hit, but has infinite ammo. You can also use this to basically mow down anyone with ease, but mind the slow firing rate.

also twiangle kik
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

If you explore the green goo room a bit more, you can find a unique (?) ride armor which is actually decently fast and has the drill punch you requested. It can also indeed survive in the radioactivity, though it's not required - it's surprisingly not an instant kill, just deals a bit of damage.

There's also a ride armor, like the first blue one you got, in the kill room. If you use it to kill the last of the targets, it spawns in the boss arena! One of the few cool and good ideas in X7. It doesn't help a lot in the long fight, but it has the funny property of magnetizing you towards it if you vaguely jump towards it, and while you're entering it, mercifully both you and the armor are invincible.

The number next to the boss health bar probably is their level, and like X6, it goes up to 4 for whatever reason (death in Japanese?). I speculate that because I'm playing on XTREMEHARD and it's 4 there. Yes, this means the fights take even longer.

You should be able to control the camera with your secondary shoulder buttons (the triggers). I thought it was mandatory against Gungaroo, but I guess not! Great job!
Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Voltgloss »

Grounder wrote: 5 years ago gee i wonder if axl and kangaroo jack have the same voice actor
According to IMDB, yup. Probably more surprising is that the same actor voices Tornado Tonion and... Zero.

Heavy Sigh wrote: It's really weird how only the secret character's dialogue actually provides reasons to fight the bosses other than 'they're MAVERICKS'. Everyone else just either taunts them or makes vague references to a past we never actually see in any detail. I'd say it was intentional, to showcase how badly Sigma's repeated uprisings have damaged human-Reploid relations, but this is Capcom, so its probably just incompetence.,
Does the secret character becoming playable coincide with

the inevitable Sigma reveal

? If so that might be part of the intention (to the extent there is one) -

a desire not to spoil the "surprise," that the bosses are corrupted by Sigma's influence, early

raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

burn, burn to the ground
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

same
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
CrappyBlueLuigi
pants are a tool of oppression
First name: Crepe
Pronouns: she/they

Post by CrappyBlueLuigi »

big mood
someday, when i'm bigger,
i'm gonna be just like my mama!
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Voltgloss »

raocow wrote: 5 years ago burn, burn to the ground
for which we have X's voice actor to thank
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Arctangent
squawky
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Arctangent »

now imagine if he didn't cut himself off each time he said something

it just overlaid endlessly
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

you just... fireman'd him
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: liv/livvy
https://blivsey.talkhaus.com/

Post by Blivsey »

finally, a x7 video that's easy on the ears
convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

Joking aside, how the hell did this boss make it to the final product in this state? Did nobody test the game? If they did, did nobody say "hey, the voice clips are played at such a comically high rate that I couldn't make a parody of this to exaggerate how bad it is"?

Like, I can't imagine how they couldn't have just rate-limited the voice samples, only letting him say the clip every few seconds. Or hell, if that was difficult cause of some technical limitation, SCRAP THE VOICE CLIPS ENTIRELY FOR THIS BOSS. That would have left him in a better state than this. This is just so indicative of how rushed and garbage this game is, I don't think there was a person working on this game that actually cared about the end product; at least not a person with decision making power.
kitikami

Post by kitikami »

After finally getting caught up on this series, seeing the Zero games suddenly adds a whole lot of context for the Distorted Travesty series' inspirations. I knew the X/Zero games were a big influence and source for DT, but for whatever reason I got hit with way more DT vibes from the Zero series than the X series. Maybe it's just because I was less familiar with the Zero games to begin with, or maybe it's seeing Warmaster everywhere.

The setting of the Zero games feels like Alia took over leadership of the Maverick Hunters after X and Zero disappeared and this is the inevitable result.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

That whole fight is like a fuckin fever dream, but it does a pretty good job at conveying a robot who has been driven insane by an honest to goodness maverick virus. Even a clipping, self-interrupting voice clip makes sense in the context of well it's a robot. Of course, I doubt the result was meant to be quite this over the top...
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Mea

Post by Mea »

That was a magical experience, I could not stop laughing throughout that fight. The idea wasn't even so bad either, what with boarding a giant mecha to take on the boss. It doesn't even have the frustrating feature of similar bosses tossing you off every so often to prolong the fight. It makes the actual boss stage platform pointless, but whatever.
Le Neveu de Rameau
I'm a hoobsie roller; I got robots in my life
First name: Rameau's Nephew

Post by Le Neveu de Rameau »

Between this boss and "Over here!...LATERRRRR!" I'm starting to think this game is actually a Dadaist masterpiece.
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

Ever since I had seen this boss in action a week or so ago, I was waiting for it to show up. It did not disappoint. :P
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P