(shouting)

Mega Man - We're Here Forever!

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Re: Mega Man X7 - Guest Starring: Mega Man X

Post by raocow »

:O
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Le Neveu de Rameau
I'm a hoobsie roller; I got robots in my life
First name: Rameau's Nephew

Post by Le Neveu de Rameau »

Remember that time raocow tried to convince himself this wasn't really such a terrible game during the first video? Those were more innocent days...

Also, Axl's death cry makes it sound like he totally deserves what he's getting.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Chirei wrote: 5 years ago the pointless conflict has begun again

That deserves to be quoted for the new page and possibly added to the first post because that's great. Ha-ha.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
AlchemistHohenheim

Post by AlchemistHohenheim »

Somehow, not the last time "Onion" will be used as a boss motif in the X series.
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

Because I have little respect for this game, I will say that the Volt Tornado (and Zero's equivalent) is everyone's weakness, but only because the game was programmed incompetently.

It does about as much as one slice of the Z-Saber, and if you drop it on a boss, they'll get hit up to 5 times because of its unique animation. It's actually Warfly's weakness, but he only takes one hit (and not even increased damage!), becomes invincible due to weakness stun, and does his LATER!!!! move. So ironically, it is better against every other boss except the one it is actually weak to.

If you are absolutely in a pinch and cannot get past some enemy or a boss, just remember that you have the option to literally blow past them now with this. You also get back all your weapon energy if you die, so there is no punishment for whiffing with it.

Also, remember that this game is still running on X5/X6 rules, so whoever picks up the powerup or saves the reploid gets the health/weapon ups. Zero is really bad unless you absolutely dump everything into him, so unless you intend on not using Axl later, it may seem like the solution to just double jumps or whatnot to get the powerups, but the powerups go to Zero so they're kind of wasted unless you actually do want to try to use him.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Not sure why some of the rescuable Reploids just float around in the air.

I've felt it's cool when they have a rotating layout in a 2D platformer. Honestly I would have just had the midboss fight be 2D as well but allow you to aim at and attack things in the third dimension. After all, if Axl has a gun that can aim-lock at things, then shouldn't he be able to shoot things even if they're in the background outside where he can platform? Also, in the second half, it was silly that he couldn't shoot at the bats at a distance because of the spiraling design.
freshtalk

Post by freshtalk »

It would feel fitting if we went the whole game without ever seeing Axl's Copy Power.
AuraLancer
AKA Uncle Aura

Post by AuraLancer »

The rescue reploids have always floated randomly in the air. I've always hated the rescue mechanic. The possibility of an X9 is based on how well 11 does. I really hope rescuing doesn't come back (But I do hope Axl does!)
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Okay, so saving Reploids in this game is awful because they fall to a single shot from anything as opposed to just the Nightmares in X6. In this stage, it is ridiculous the amount of juggling you have to do to make sure they stay around because an enemy shot can take them out before they completely spawn in, but you normally can't see them until they're right on top of you. This was the one stage I tested out in the Legacy Collection 2 edition of the game myself a couple months back, and yeah, it's still a pain as those spinning wheels will fall right on top of them as you're advancing. No fun, yo.

The stage itself is pretty boring, kind of like an extended version of the spiral staircase sections in X4 and X5 while also the first half being X6's Infinity Mijinion with the giant robot that bugs you throughout the stage. The second half is okay, I guess? At least there's a little more enemy variety. Axl can use his A-Trans ability on the dudes with the electric shields, too.

And Tornado Tonion is the best worst name for a Maverick in any of these games to me. Not even Duff McWhalen can top that. And no weapon in this game can top Volt Tornado.
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

Disappointed you went for a tornado song instead of an onion-themed one for the video title.

This was one of the other stages I tried and actually managed to beat, since the boss is kind of actually doable. That said it's not very fun, especially the stage!

Also I don't know how the hell you saw that heart container at 14:05, I had to rewind the video like 10 times and eventually scrub through the video frame-by-frame to see it. It's literally there for a single frame
Heavy Sigh

Post by Heavy Sigh »

Tornado Tonion: "He wreaked havoc in the city's Radio Tower, broadcasting silly, annoying messages across the airwaves"

This is what the Mavericks have been reduced to. ruining AM talk radio.

ALTERNATE DIALOGUE!
ZERO

Tornado Tonion: Gahahahah! Welcome to my silly, silly stage! Here goes nothing, yah! Bo-woing! Gahahahah!

Zero: ...

Tornado Tonion: What? No funny?? But I try so hard, so hard! OK, try again, yah!

Zero: OK, I get the picture. Let's get this over with.

Tornado Tonion: Ooh!

MYSTERIOUSMAVERICKHUNTER

Tornado Tonion: You be MYSTERIOUSMAVERICKHUNTER, hmm? I ask you favor, yes? Stop us...Stop Red, please, yah?

MYSTERIOUSMAVERICKHUNTER: What?!

Tornado Tonion: It professor...professor redesign us... We no longer...

MYSTERIOUSMAVERICKHUNTER: Professor?! Who the heck is that?

Tornado Tonion: We no control, yah? Can't stop, none of us. Please, please, save us... We becoming something else!
...so the dancing joke onion actively wants to commit suicide by cop. MEGAMAN X7!
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

This game seriously looks more playable to me than X6. Though much less interesting.
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Leet wrote: 5 years agoThis game seriously looks more playable to me than X6. Though much less interesting.
That's pretty much the case. The one thing that really hurts this one's playability is the knockdown when you take damage instead of the usual knockback. It will cost you more than you think in this one, and even when it doesn't, it takes a couple of seconds to recover. Kind of a frustrating thing when you're playing an already slow game.

To me, X5-X7 all have their own unique brands of frustration. Occasional good ideas that are mixed with poor execution, basically.
Shard1697

Post by Shard1697 »

Bean wrote: 5 years ago Not even Duff McWhalen can top that.
Duff McWhalen is fun at least. Tornado Tonion, I don't even know what to say. His theming makes no sense at all, even before you get to his weird accent and strange dialogue(is he supposed to be some kind of effeminate euro gay joke? is that why he talks about you being a handsome boy?)

it's just so bad.
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

AuraLancer wrote: 5 years ago The rescue reploids have always floated randomly in the air. I've always hated the rescue mechanic. The possibility of an X9 is based on how well 11 does. I really hope rescuing doesn't come back (But I do hope Axl does!)
I kind of hope it doesn't either, but not for the obvious reasons, but because it makes collecting in the traditional X style an absolute mess.

Keeping track of everything the reploids might or might not have, even if they couldn't die, is really confusing. Originally you just know that there are probably this many heart tanks, sub tanks, armor pieces. Plus the reploids tend to be in more visible locations, making hiding them a bit hard.

Also, because they give health when you save them, this makes the FIRST run through a stage potentially the easiest, which is kind of stupid because since they won't come back it effectively punishes you for trying to do your job.
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Shard1697 wrote: 5 years ago(is he supposed to be some kind of effeminate euro gay joke? is that why he talks about you being a handsome boy?)
Oh, ja, darling ~

He's camp and German and it's just... not good.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

I know it's trendy to poop on this game and all but I just had legit fun against this boss :O
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

raocow wrote: 5 years ago I know it's trendy to poop on this game and all but I just had legit fun against this boss :O
Hey, that's good! Try and remember that feeling when you're recording later this week.

Specifically tomorrow.

:lol:
xnamkcor

Post by xnamkcor »

I like my team better.

You cannot add yourself to the friends list.
You cannot add yourself to the foes list.
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Re: Mega Man Zero 2 - Curse of Darkness

Post by SAJewers »

SAJewers wrote: 5 years ago
xnamkcor wrote: 5 years ago
ano0maly wrote: 5 years agoHe wouldn't abandon his structure just for that. He scheduled MM11 to be the latest game in the list since he expected it to tentatively come out in 2018 all along. It did, and there's no change of plans.
I thought he scheduled 11 to be last game since it's the game that was made last and he's going in chronological order.
It's tentatively the last game as long capcom doesn't come out with something like mmx9 before he finishes mm11
well i guess raocow now has to somehow add this to the list???
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Joseph Staleknight
ABCDs in Katamari Damacy when

Post by Joseph Staleknight »

Not before he streams his reactions to the fan film first, though.
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

Weirdly enough, I didn't have any problems rescuing all the gals in this level, I simply figured out reeeally early on that the entire level is trivialized by dash-jumping and sped through it. Then the reploids spawn right as you pass by them and the attacks land behind you. It's a complete non-level, and I always laugh at three, then two rescuees just SITTING there with no danger, no challenge, no level design whatsoever because X7 is not a game.

The next level is indeed kinda fun as is the boss, it's probably the best X7 could hope to be. Maybe Soldier Stonekong's level comes close to being as decent, but I haven't replayed the whole game yet. I'm trying to get all the rescues and it's an utter nightmare because it's basically random and you have to restart from scratch. I've actually started to game over deliberately after getting a particularly suicidal Reploid just to hard-save the rescue. It's so utterly moronic. Also, because I want to stay ahead of raocow, I'm grinding down rescues in Flame Hyenard which is complete nonsense. The level is so much of a non-issue, but they made its GIMMICK that the reploids have to be saved on the world's strictest timer, so...have fun!
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

gee i wonder if axl and kangaroo jack have the same voice actor

i dunnp juts a feeling a get dunno why
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow