(shouting)

Mega Man - We're Here Forever!

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Re: Mega Man X7 - Guest Starring: Mega Man X

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Paragraph wrote: 5 years agoFinally, gotta love a (small, granted, but existing) loading screen just for the save screen. It's a JPG with another, even more compressed JPG on top! What ARE you loading?!
Probably the custom Playstation Memory Card Manager, since Sony never ever provides a decent API for it and Capcom had to roll their own and stick it on disc somewhere... and since the Legacy Collection is a faithful emulation, it has to stick that loading screen in there too.
Kshaard
Dodo/
First name: mac5565
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Kshaard »

土まで燃える
This is someone's signature.

"I don't like that universe I just created by accident . . ."
Stink Terios

Post by Stink Terios »

raocow might just be the first person to ever describe X7 as "responsive".
Shard1697

Post by Shard1697 »

Leet wrote: 5 years ago I also think that X deciding that this series is pointless and stupid is a great move. He's totally right, this has been a series full of arbitrary conflict where everyone involved is an idiot, and has been since X4. This is totally logical and I can't believe people complained about this.
Story logic is not very important in a series like Megaman-people aren't concerned about plot holes, they're concerned about not being able to play as super fighting robot megaman x. they want to blow up some robots with their charge shot.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

so, uhm
this game may have a couple of issues
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
AuraLancer
AKA Uncle Aura

Post by AuraLancer »

No way! I don't believe you
CrappyBlueLuigi
pants are a tool of oppression
First name: Crepe
Pronouns: she/they

Post by CrappyBlueLuigi »

Shard1697 wrote: 5 years ago
Leet wrote: 5 years ago I also think that X deciding that this series is pointless and stupid is a great move. He's totally right, this has been a series full of arbitrary conflict where everyone involved is an idiot, and has been since X4. This is totally logical and I can't believe people complained about this.
Story logic is not very important in a series like Megaman-people aren't concerned about plot holes, they're concerned about not being able to play as super fighting robot megaman x. they want to blow up some robots with their charge shot.
i think that's defo a factor, but i'd pin it more on x's overwrought writing and delivery making him come off grating and patronizing, so a lot of players' first reactions are to be unsympathetic. x7's entire plot and cutscene presentation could've been helped a fair bit if they'd had a more competent voice direction from the start, like what x8 and maverick hunter x got
someday, when i'm bigger,
i'm gonna be just like my mama!
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

since this is the Mega Man thread:

ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

raocow wrote: 5 years agoso, uhm
The funny thing is, I have no idea which stage you're talking about with that comment. If it's the one that is all right, then this is guaranteed to be a train wreck of a series.
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

I love that X7 is so bad that you can say with full conviction "if you're not screaming bloody murder yet, you must have gotten the just-trash-instead-of-barely-playable-stage" AND NO THIS IS NOT HYPERBOLE
Stink Terios

Post by Stink Terios »

Bean wrote: 5 years ago
raocow wrote: 5 years agoso, uhm
If it's the one that is all right,
Which... which one is that!?
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

why the hell did the boss have like a billion HP lol
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Super Llama
Love is stored in the robot

Post by Super Llama »

A few pointers to make the game less insufferable:

* Zero can reflect most standard enemy projectiles, including those huge red exploding ones. I think the only ones he can't deflect are physical projectiles like missiles, persistent beams and certain special boss projectiles.
* Axl's roll is made entirely of I-frames, so it's good for just turning invincible for a little bit.
* Axl has a copy shot that's done by holding Y/Triangle/whatever the topmost right-hand face button is to charge it, and if you kill enemies with it they either drop health or DNA data that lets you transform into them. The latter is completely useless outside of finding certain secrets.
* X comes back if you either beat all 8 Red Alert members or rescue 64 civilians. I recommend rescuing as few civilians as possible, because once X comes back he'll need to be upgraded, and you're not allowed to bank upgrade chips for later use. Once you get him decently upgraded and get all his armor pieces, though, he's completely broken and an objectively better version of Axl.
Last edited by Super Llama 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Stink Terios wrote: 5 years agoWhich... which one is that!?
It wasn't tonight's one, and I also have issues in this stage in spots. It's mostly that fight against the set of cannons and the boss.
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

This was one of the stages I either attempted or beat when I tried playing this game a few months ago.

When I see that miniboss with the airplane spinning on a platform, I can't help but feel like it's straight up unfinished or rushed due to running out of time. Like they wanted to do a cool airplane fight but they only got as far as making a model and they were like "shit we got a week til deadline, just put it on a platform and make it just spin around and shoot randomly, idk"
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Everything loading one at a time, such as the boss selection

Why
AuraLancer
AKA Uncle Aura

Post by AuraLancer »

That victorious boss attempt... much laughter was had

Over here! Laterrrrr!
Shard1697

Post by Shard1697 »

why does the game tell you how hunter rank works after a game over

I don't need to know my rank right now. I'm literally dead. deceased. cyber elf'd. axl does not care about his D rank when he has become a glowing white particle effect
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

What does it say about the kind of games I play when I look at this and go "this isn't that bad"?
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

You picked the hardest boss first. Thankfully, his weapon is pretty useful.

This is actually the first instance of Zero using a polearm, the Durga Glaive. It has much longer reach than the Z-Saber, but I think the non-bladed part won't do any damage. You still may want to use it if you consider sticking with Zero, because contact damage does insane damage in this game and his ultra shitty saber is not helping him with that.

In an awful way, lives do matter. Every time you game over, you get to hear Alia ramble for like 5 minutes while you're dead, so try your best not to game over to reduce the time you spend in Alia purgatory. However, this is X7, so a lot of deaths will be inevitable no matter your skill level, so get ready to hear a lot of "oooOOOOooOOOOOOoooo!!!!!" and "uRRRrrrRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!"
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

Cool, I played Splash Warfly just yesterday and finally beat the boss this morning because I'm playing on Xtreme (or Hard I guess). Don't ask me why I do the things I do.

This level is definitely one of the better ones in X7, what this says about the whole game should be obvious. There's some actual gameplay and the cannon miniboss is kinda fun? It's also not stupidly obnoxious, which is a big plus. By the by, for the cannon miniboss: you can totally reflect the big projectiles the head fires back onto it, and it has a unique "oh shit" reaction, and it keeps exploding, but as far as I could tell, it does absolutely nothing. You still have to destroy all the load-bearing cannons.

In other miniboss "tactics", if you use Zero for the spinning wheeee plane, you will never get hit because it can't hit things directly underneath its platform. And the platform doesn't do contact damage. It will happily whirl itself off-camera to the bottom of the screen though so you just have to keep slashing blindly. It's soooo great in the jank department.

As for the boss, raocow pretty much figured out the tactic I also used: stay the hell away from him until he finally decides to grace you with melee attacks, then use Zero to slice him up after each attack. The stab is the best for that as you can dodge it with a single jump, his weird homing circle slice needs a double jump or (good luck aiming that in 3D) dash jump. You can shoot him with Axl while he's doing the range attack which deals way too much damage, that's about it. I also don't know how to dodge the missiles except maybe dashjump to another platform and keep running and hoping they run into the ground randomly???

Overall this could have gone way worse, have fun with more crap.
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

man does this game sure feel like that early 200s "how do we design for 3d" era.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

This stage really doesn't know where it's going. There are a lot of explosions all over the place which means the bad guys are actually blowing up their own ships the whole way through... for reasons? The bird plane is easily dealt with by standing next to its platform and hacking or blasting away at it. I don't believe the spinning platform itself can hurt you, or if it does, it's so rare that you should tank it. Looks like you can reflect those big shots from the one cannon back, but they home in on you anyway and explode if you miss, so it's a risky move.

Also, good job on the rescues there. Just like X6, every one of the main eight stages has 16 of those bots to save, but it's worse in this game to do that thanks to PS2 draw distance hiding them unless you're right up in your face... and other reasons.

Splash Warfly is a pain in the neck as he doesn't leave many openings for you at close or long range thanks to his spear lunge and water gun attacks. Worse, you saw that he loves diving in and out of the water. It's an easier fight if you have his weakness and know how to use it, but it's a terrible fight without it. There are a few bots that are trying on the patience like that, and this is definitely one of them!

...Later!
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Mega Man X7 - HERE GOES NOTHING
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

the pointless conflict has begun again