(shouting)

Mega Man - We're Here Forever!

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Fapnoob

Re: Mega Man Battle Network WS - Network Connection Found

Post by Fapnoob »

Looking forward to ZX, one of my favourites and underappreciated. Very great ost too.
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Fapnoob wrote: 5 years ago Looking forward to ZX, one of my favourites and underappreciated. Very great ost too.
Gonna be a while yet:
2002 MegaMan Zero
2002 Mega Man & Bass (GBA)
2003 Rockman.exe WS 🡄 we are here
2003 Network Transmission
2003 MegaMan Zero 2
2003 MegaMan X7
2004 MegaMan Zero 3
2004 MegaMan X8
2005 MegaMan Zero 4
2006 Maverick Hunter X (Vile playthrough)
2006 Powered-Up
2006 ZX
2007 ZX Advent
2008 MegaMan 9
2010 MegaMan 10
2016 Mighty Number 9
2018 MMX Legacy Challenge
2018 (tentative) Megaman 11
AlchemistHohenheim

Post by AlchemistHohenheim »

I somehow went through my childhood only playing one actual MMBN game (2) and the first Star Force game. I also played Network Transmission and watched at least some of the first season of the awful anime dub.

MMBN2 was pretty fun. Network Transmission is...okay, from what I remember?

Mostly I just remember thinking that trying to kill the enemy that gives you the Pop-Up chip, in a platforming context, is absolute bullshit and giving up on trying to get all the chips at that point.

Heavy Sigh

Post by Heavy Sigh »

NetNavi Facts! MAGICMAN.EXE

Whereas his Robot Master counterpart drew upon stage magicians for his look, MagicMan is modeled after the more "classical" wizard appearance and is garbed with a blue pointed hat and robe. He also has a moderate-length wizard style beard. His arms have red jewels at the ends instead of hands to act as a conduit for his attacks. The book on his back is referred to as a "Tome of Cheating."

Magicman.EXE is operated by Yahoot, known as Maha Jarama (マハ・ジャラマ) in Japan, and a WWW member. In the anime, he has a long kept secret love of trains.

In the anime, Yahoot and Magicman had much more prominent roles compared to their video game counterparts. He was the host of a popular yoga television show. However, he was a member of the WWW and uses the show's popularity to wreak havoc by hypnotizing everyone watching it and making them go berserk. However, his plan fails because Maylu and Lan did not watch his show with everyone else. They challenge him and MagicMan loses.

Yahoot is also a very good curry chef. which formed the basis of at least three different arcs in later seasons of the anime.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

not to be confused with his younger sister, yeett
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

i'm guessing the entire rest of this game is going to keep on being An Event then? :lol:
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

Melee chips are mediocre for most of actual BN since most of them tend to only have awful range. But in a platformer where you can freely move, and the melee chips seem to all be infinite-use toggles that replace your normal attack, they suddenly become broken.

Who knew that if you just punch the wizard in the face that it was their weakness.
Sugar
Pronouns: fae/faer

Post by Sugar »

Continues, how do they work?
freshtalk

Post by freshtalk »

So I take it that the alternate stages/bosses mentioned in the previous pages aren't going to be shown and it'll just be one straight playthrough of whatever comes first?
Plutia
Plutia too cute

Post by Plutia »

i mean, if there's literal entire extra stages and bosses I'm pretty sure raocow will want to do them
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

it feels more natural to me to just do a 'natural' first run and then go for stuff I missed afterwards
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

If you think the plot of the game is silly now, wait until you play the actual main installments of this series.

(I'm assuming you will probably not ever do this, not even off-camera, but hey!)
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
churine
Pronouns: she/her

Post by churine »

from what it looks like replaying a second time doing the alternate stages and fighting the second alternate final boss seems worth doing? and then getting a save for the third fin... wait
is this megaman xtreme
is middy in this game
TheFinalSentinel
Low rates,%Percent%signs%, I dunno
First name: £ٌœ'ƒھ‡ح¼円Qف-‹";ôىù♪ïظ§»ھ
https://thefinalsentinel.talkhaus.com/

Post by TheFinalSentinel »

Well in hindsight yeah, the second playthrough for the first extra boss I guess was obvious considering the alternate stages.

As for the extra boss from the third playthrough, hopefully the save file I sent him worked so we'll see how that goes.
I can't wait until raocow faces off with

Middy's Cyber-Ghost from Another Dimension IN THE FUTURE

Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

The desolate buildings in the background is Geocities
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

Wait why is Bomb Man special for being able to "make decisions on his own?" Can't navis inherently make decisions on their own? Isn't that the point of AI?
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Kilgamayan wrote: 5 years ago(I'm assuming you will probably not ever do this, not even off-camera, but hey!)
Considering raocow's insistence on speeding through text as fast as physically possible it'd be an extremely poor choice of game for raocow to lp since they're so text-heavy.
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

Man, the virus sizes in this are crazy inconsistent. I get that they had to adjust them to fit typical platformer enemies, but the result almost always looks off. The floating bubbles that explode are supposed to be this, for example:

Flappy makes sense as a Thwomp, but their name does not if you don't know how they work in the normal games:

They hop around in their soft, "flappy" form to the left, the jump offscreen and become the heavy weight to the right (which is the Thwomp sprite) to try and crush Mega.

Some of the design are also really hurt by becoming side-on sprites. Just look at how cute Spooky normally is!

Anyway, you shouldn't feel bad about just crushing enemies with chips, raocow. That's what you're meant to do. I promise that you won't feel bad at all anymore about trying to do more damage with chips than with the buster in Network Transmission, on account of the bosses being insanely more dangerous than they seem here!

Oh right, Style Change. A bit of a weird mechanic in the main games: after a certain amount of battles (something like 100), the game "evaluates" your playstyle: if you used the buster a lot, chips a lot, broke a lot of panels on the enemies' side, and other things. This influences which style you get, for example if you use the buster, you get GutsStyle, which makes your buster stronger. CustomStyle lets you select more chips at the beginning of the fight, which is...super good. No idea how this translates in this game.

The element you get in the main games is random with each style change. That can be super annoying if you really want for example ElecCust, but keep getting FireCust instead. The only thing the element does is change your charged shot, maybe that's also the case here.
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

In the MagicMan video, Lan mentioned choosing several chips at once to get a super powerful attack. The main series has a functionality called the Program Advance, which is presumably what this is intended to be. (For example, choosing Sword, WideSword, and LongSword in order gets you LifeSword, which is a sword with a large attack radius that does a lot of damage.) I bring this up now because you may have access to one now; Quake1, Quake2, and Quake3 very likely will combine into one of these powerful attacks. Given this, it would not be a bad idea to swap Quake3 out for something else so that you don't risk wasting it in another "which button does what" frenzy and losing your Program Advance opportunity.
Alice wrote: 5 years ago
Kilgamayan wrote: 5 years ago(I'm assuming you will probably not ever do this, not even off-camera, but hey!)
Considering raocow's insistence on speeding through text as fast as physically possible it'd be an extremely poor choice of game for raocow to lp since they're so text-heavy.
Oh, I'm pretty sure he would never LP them. I just also imagine that the LP schedule is sufficiently heavy as to not really allow time to play them off-camera as well.
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
xnamkcor

Post by xnamkcor »

It's raocow accidentally getting all the alternate paths?
You cannot add yourself to the friends list.
You cannot add yourself to the foes list.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

xnamkcor wrote: 5 years agoIt's raocow accidentally getting all the alternate paths?
I don't think so. He's just been taking the top route in all of them right now. Don't think there's really a proper right or secret path here since all the branches have seemingly been out in the open!

Watching this, I wish the levels did a bit more on the gimmick side. So far, only Elec Man really seemed to sort of get that with the hazards. Fire Man was okay with the background, but that's about it.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

im not mad that you didnt try the aquacust thing on fire man but

come on

come on
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Blue

Post by Blue »

Grounder wrote: 5 years ago im not mad that you didnt try the aquacust thing on fire man but

come on

come on
same

I really wanted to know if fireman was weak to it and also what it even does. If it's got half the menu dedicated to it, it's probably significant.
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

Normally a V2 boss in an actual BN game just maybe gets one extra move and some more health, but this might as well be another boss entirely, dang.
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

Battle Network has a distinct weakness cycle - Aqua beats Fire, Fire beats Wood, Wood beats Elec, Elec beats Aqua.

It's probably carried over into this game.

Also, man that level looked rough. Did they assume you'd have AirShoes by now or something?
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!