(shouting)

Mega Man - We're Here Forever!

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Arctangent
squawky
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Mega Man X6 - An Absolute Nightmare

Post by Arctangent »

Filby wrote: 5 years ago
Arctangent wrote: 5 years ago why does this guy have two eyes
.....do you not?
i do, but i'm not a water flea
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

xnamkcor wrote: 5 years agoBecause he likes one PSX game over another he doesn't like PSX style games in the series?
I'd read his other comments in the thread including the full version of the post I quoted where he said: "but (X6) is pretty bluntly, garbage. gameplay-wise". Kind of makes it easy to read between the lines there. Ha-ha.

Not much you can say about this level except that the secret path that wasn't shown today is one of my least favorite parts in the entire game when it comes to rescuing Reploids. It's literally a straight series of downward dashes to two mid-boss fights that aren't that fun and a boss that goes overkill with the splitting up on you!
cheez8
Food Nut

Post by cheez8 »

Blue wrote: 5 years ago
Parama wrote: 5 years ago genuinely curious how you'd do that fight without getting hit a billion times
Brute forcing luck, according to HideOfBeast's 100+ (iirc) attempts?
HideOfBeast was also doing it in a speedrun, so he didn't have the luxury to take his time and deal with things safely. The two strategies I can come up with are either taking out each copy before letting Infinity Mijinion create another (since that aspect is entirely within your control) or making sure the clones are only created near the very top or bottom of the boss room so that you can leave them alive and simply scroll their bubbles offscreen as soon as they create them. Both methods take an unacceptable amount of time for a speedrun, which is why HideOfBeast's only option was to rush him down and hope his skills carry him out unscathed.
I don't really get it but okay
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

Too bad you didn't check out the secret path, raocow. There was a very valuable reward there. But you can always get it first thing in the cleanup video!

Absolutely do remember for Heatnix that charged Metal Anchor is a screen-wide attack; as is charged Ray Arrow.

Mijinion is a completely unfair fight and it's ludicrous that he's potentially your first boss alongside other possibilities like Yammark, Scaravich (not likely due to the STAGE, but you know) and Wolfang. I can't help but see him as an overtuned challenge to figure out a way to weave through all the garbage on the screen somehow, though, so I personally don't mind him that much - it's terrible design nonetheless, but you can have some fun with it.

Which is true for the entire game, of course.
LunarRainbowShyGuy

Post by LunarRainbowShyGuy »

This stage is pretty simple as far as its layout is concerned; it's mostly just a downward slope all the way to the boss doors. There isn't really anything hidden here either; even the portal to the "secret" path is in plain sight. I actually like the idea of a simple stage where the emphasis is on surviving an onslaught of enemies but I understand that that might not be everyone's cup of tea.

Anyway, enough about the stage, because the boss is clearly the big thing here. From what I can remember, his healing ability activates if you hit him with too many weak attacks, like uncharged buster shots or, as I just learned here, the metal anchor. I feel like this fight could be better if the clones could be destroyed more easily. As it is now they're pretty durable, they have invincibility frames when they get hit, and they're almost always surrounded by bubbles which are also unreasonably durable. I do find it mildly amusing that raocow considered using the guard shell, which is his weakness, but then decided against it. Adding to my mild amusement is the fact that the weapon he did end up using is actually Illumina's weakness (which might be something to keep in mind if you return to this stage; it makes destroying the power cables really easy).

Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Arctangent wrote: 5 years agoi'm not a water flea
I don't believe you.
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

Parama wrote: 5 years ago genuinely curious how you'd do that fight without getting hit a billion times
Very carefully

I mean

(WARNING: Do not watch this video beyond the end of the Mijinion fight, because it is immediately followed by the first fortress boss fight.)

This one even has the bonus of containing the healing move!
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Classtoise
First name: June
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by Classtoise »

I feel like this is like the worst level for Alia too. "Yeah we straight up murdered a dude because he was annoying and made it look like an accident".

Like... Holy hell, Alia you just casually admitted to offing a guy because he was abrasive. Is that where Iris went?
:bi_pride: :trans_pride:
xnamkcor

Post by xnamkcor »

Classtoise wrote: 5 years ago I feel like this is like the worst level for Alia too. "Yeah we straight up murdered a dude because he was annoying and made it look like an accident".

Like... Holy hell, Alia you just casually admitted to offing a guy because he was abrasive. Is that where Iris went?
Signas is the new Iris.

Alia is the new Colonel.
You cannot add yourself to the friends list.
You cannot add yourself to the foes list.
churine

Post by churine »

and then it's revealed Alia murdered that maverick butterfly for commiting the crime of not being a pigeon

and it's all fitting because the actual game itself is a nightmare
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

churine wrote: and then it's revealed Alia murdered that maverick butterfly for commiting the crime of not being a pigeon

and it's all fitting because the actual game itself is a nightmare
technically the answer is yes because there are literally maverick butterflies in yammark's stage whose only purpose is try to sprinkle dust on X and Zero to get them high
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

churine wrote: 5 years ago"Is this a nightmare?"
No, that's close to a standard enemy in Yammark's stage. Then again, there were the Nightmare Bugs... BW

At this point, I'm just waiting for raocow's reaction to the mundane absurdity tonight's stage will present.
Heavy Sigh

Post by Heavy Sigh »

Classtoise wrote: 5 years ago I feel like this is like the worst level for Alia too. "Yeah we straight up murdered a dude because he was annoying and made it look like an accident".

Okay so according to the complete works book, this one actually is (for once) not on Alia or the Maverick Hunters. Mijinion got killed by office politics instead.
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

raocow wrote:the plan is to wait for Jump to be released and then replacing the graphics without telling anyone involved with Jump.
Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: liv/livvy
https://blivsey.talkhaus.com/

Post by Blivsey »

"I wanted to use her to destroy all the idiots!" makes it sound like Infinity Whatever's robot is designed to verbally own people on the internet.

It might be here right now, waiting to post! Watch out!
convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

@blivsey shut up idiot
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Stink Terios

Post by Stink Terios »

That intro to this stage's theme just blows me the hell up. This is peak metal in all of Mega Man.
CrispyMWHC
Arrangements in fulminating vective
Pronouns: he/him/his
http://crispymwhc.talkhaus.com/

Post by CrispyMWHC »

Stink Terios wrote: 5 years ago That intro to this stage's theme just blows me the hell up. This is peak metal in all of Mega Man.
It's kind of a shame it's in this level, it's nice and fast paced. Fit real well in a bike section or something more kinetic.
raocow wrote: 3 years ago oh SHIT

THE PROCEDURES
raocow wrote: 3 years ago I can't believe my mystical wizard friend told me to touch grass.
https://www.youtube.com/user/CrispyMWHC -- I play the games for the internet.
Stink Terios

Post by Stink Terios »

hardcore_crispy wrote: 5 years ago
Stink Terios wrote: 5 years ago That intro to this stage's theme just blows me the hell up. This is peak metal in all of Mega Man.
It's kind of a shame it's in this level, it's nice and fast paced. Fit real well in a bike section or something more kinetic.
Oh yeah, it really is at odds with the level. Always available for fangames though!
AlchemistHohenheim

Post by AlchemistHohenheim »

So I guess they wanted to really hammer in the idea that High Max is vastly superior to X/Zero in terms of raw stats, but holy shit it sucks that the fight against him is such a slog even after you've figured out his weakness (though him being level 3 probably also played into that).
Ditocoaf
Haustone Tournament Finalist
Pronouns: he/him/his
https://ditocoaf.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ditocoaf »

Happy megamavanniversary! Even though a bit of time travel means this yearman started on a August 20th and is finishing on a June 8th, I'd say it's still a notable occasion.
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

So the donuts are expectedly, very easy if you have access to boss weapons. The charged Meteor Rain and Giga Attack are the safer options for taking them on, as you can't be hit out of them. If you're particularly lucky and good with positioning, it'll only take one use to drop them.

High Max's weakness seems to actually be the Guard Shell, but all charged boss weapons deal the same amount of damage to him. Good job on getting your revenge.

Also, Happy Anniversary to all the Mega Mens.

Parts

Buster Plus - +1 damage to all buster shots. Because Zero has his Z-Buster in this game again, it's now a Universal Part. Other than that, pretty straightforward. You could swap it out for Quick Charge since the Laser Shot is hard to aim, but boss weapons will take longer to charge in exchange for buster spam being more damaging. It's up to you.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Chirei wrote: 5 years ago Also, Happy Anniversary to all the Mega Mens.
The first video in this series was actually on August 20th of last year. What happened is that the old X1/X2/X3 videos were retroactively added to the video count.

Also I noticed that someone added English subtitles to that first video
Heavy Sigh

Post by Heavy Sigh »

MEEDLEY MOW, THE STAGE!

*Translation Fun Time! In which the only insult anyone can come up with for X is calling him an OLD MAN*
(X teleports to the beginning of the Magma Area.)

Alia: This is one of the more active volcanos in this region. There are areas in here known as Hot Spots where magma runs through them like a river!

X: I’m pretty sure magma isn’t supposed to be blue. Is this also caused by the Nightmare?

Alia: The jamming won’t let me confirm it, but I bet it is. I have no data on the properties of this blue magma, so be careful!

(X comes to a cliff overlooking a large red and green Mechaniloid.)

X: There’s a giant Mechaniloid ahead! Those giant green cores are probably what’s powering it.

Alia: Mechaniloid? But...there’s not even a power signal.

X: So it’s the Nightmare’s doing? Again? Who would even build something like this, and why?

(X destroys the Mechaniloid.)

(X continues until he comes across another Light Capsule.)

Dr. Light: X, I'll give you an Armor program. Collect four programs to complete the Armor. Now I will install an arm program of the Shadow Armor. This program will enable you to fire in three directions simultaneously, and your charge shot will strike with the saber. Go, and crush the evil infesting your world!

(X steps inside the capsule and receives the armor program.)

If X encounters High Max

(X finds High Max in a hidden room.)
Hi-Max: You cannot defeat me, Maverick Hunter. Your abilities are worlds apart from mine. Give up.
X: You’re still going on about that? I don’t care how strong you are; I can’t lose now! I’ll put a stop to this insanity!

(X proceeds to bury him in boat anchors)
(High Max stands in Isoc's lab, injured.)
Hi-Max: I-inconceivable. Speed, power, and defense. I am superior to you in every aspect. It should be impossible for an ancient robot such as you to defeat me. Inconceivable.
Isoc: Hnnnggg... even Hi-Max has been... argh! We have no choice; we must withdraw!
X: Stop right there! I won’t let you escape!
Isoc: This isn’t over yet, you old piece of junk! I will destroy you myself! Just you wait! We will meet again!
Signas: X! Cool down! We can’t afford to lose you! You’re still damaged from the battle. Return to the Hunter Base, now!
X: Tch! But I’m so close... no, Signas is right. Roger that! I’m on my way.

*GATE APPEARS! TO MONOLOGUE!*
Gate: Well done, Maverick Hunter X. You have defeated my star creations!
X: Who are you?
Gate: My name is Gate. I am the new leader of the Reploid race. My goal is to create a supreme nation only for Reploids. But to do that, I must first eliminate all inferior Reploids. He he he he he...
X: Are you insane? Don’t you realize what you're doing? If the Reploids die out, there will be nobody left to rebuild our planet!
Gate: Exactly! This is the perfect opportunity! I can finally bring about a new era only for Reploids! Finally… the chance I’ve been waiting for has arrived! I will not allow anyone to stand in my way! X, I acknowledge that your abilities are on a league of their own. After all, you did manage to defeat my investigators. I deem you worthy to enter my laboratory. He he he... I won’t hide anymore. Not that you need an invitation. You’ll come even if it kills you, won’t you? I’ll be waiting for you, X. Heh heh heh... BWAH HA HA HA HA!
*Zero DNA: Not Even Once.*
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

Chirei wrote: 5 years ago So the donuts are expectedly, very easy if you have access to boss weapons. The charged Meteor Rain and Giga Attack are the safer options for taking them on, as you can't be hit out of them. If you're particularly lucky and good with positioning, it'll only take one use to drop them.
I never thought of using Meteor Rain, does it pierce through the donuts like Metal Anchor does? My secondary option is Ray Arrow, the light columns also obliterate the donuts if you're above/below them (hint: this will be the case later).

I forgot how simple it is to get to the secret area if you have Metal Shark Player's Nightmare effect on! Cleanup won't be as bad then as I thought. Let's see what raocow's missing:
Yammark
- Sub Tank on a high ledge. Can be gotten with Ice Burst + Blade Armor airdash, or Zero with Speedster + Double Jump.
- Secret area: there are only Parts in there, but worth a look for completion's sake and if you're already in the level anyway...

Turtloid
- Heart Tank, Shadow Armor part, Secret area: they're all in the same rather obvious place. The safest method requires the Shadow Armor (well...), otherwise you can tank damage for mercy invincibility (equip Double Barrier to make this less tight), or do a well-placed Blade Armor airdash, or a VERY well placed Falcon Armor airdash.

Sheldon
You have everything, unless you want to get the Part off the dude high on the spikes. I don't think it's a super good one. If you want it, get it with the Shadow Armor, might as well take it for a spin.

Wolfang
For the items in this level, you need Heatnix' Nightmare effect active, so don't go here after Sheldon! That's not enough, though, you also need Zero's double jump or Blade Armor airdash. Checklist:
- Heart
- EX Tank (requires Shadow Armor, a well-placed airdash or a sacrifice)
- Shadow Armor part
- Secret Area (go there last!)

Scaravich
Don't return to this garbage level unless you want to play roulette for the one dude somewhere that has the Life Up part.

Player
You know where to look. Ice Burst + Blade Armor airdash or Zero with Speedster, or try to play block puzzles awkwardly I guess.

Mijinion
You don't need advice for this one either other than go here first to complete the Blade Armor.

Heatnix
You got everything! Hooray! Just don't play the level!

So, suggested order: Mijinion, Wolfang (Heatnix should be active and you can test out the Blade Armor, especially in combination with Ice Burst to make you really go places - it's assumed that you now keep the Blade Armor on for every following collection!), Yammark, Turtloid or Player, maybe test out Shadow Armor for Sheldon.

It's valid to take either of your new armors into Gate 1 (or keep the Falcon Armor, if you want to), but because this game is great, you cannot complete Gate 2 with the Shadow Armor, just keep that in mind...

It's possible I missed something, give me a shout!
Last edited by Paragraph 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.