(shouting)

Mega Man - We're Here Forever!

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Re: Mega Man Xtreme 2 - From One Xtreme to the Other

Post by raocow »

in that picture octopus looks like a large red angry flower
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Stink Terios

Post by Stink Terios »

Isn't the arm piece @Mammoth the only thing that was missed since that needs the head part?
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

oh is that seriously the only thing missing ?
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Yep. In their own missions, X and Zero only get one Sub Tank. Guess tomorrow's either going to be a very quick joke vid, or you'll be tacking on the first fortress stage.
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

Terios and Bean are correct. You have all the Heart Tanks, and there are only two Sub Tanks in the game, which are sectioned off so that each hunter only gets one. There is an extra item hidden somewhere in the final stage of X's route, but no sweat if you don't find it.

The megamari change mechanic is a bit different here. You can't use it if you are under i-frames from taking damage, so if it becomes unavailable in the pause menu, just don't get hit for a bit and try again.

Also don't forget to at least check what the shop has. X can equip 4 parts, but the moment he gets all the armor parts, he goes down to 2 parts max. This is as stupid as it sounds.
Heavy Sigh

Post by Heavy Sigh »

Things that are beyond raocow: holding the jump button after he jumps.

Translation Fun Time!
NEON TIGER STAGE (X UPGRADE)

Game Script: Dr. Light: Enter this capsule. Take this Head Upgrade. This Head Upgrade will give you the ability of the Head Crush and allow you to crush certain blocks.

Better Translation: Dr. Light: Now, enter the capsule. Attach the Helmet Upgrade, and you can break certain blocks with a Headbutt! What are you waiting for, X?! Smash their evil schemes!

Dr Light is very pushy in this game for some reason.

GARETH’S CHALLENGE

Game Script: Gareth: Splendid! I’ll be waiting for you in the Reploid Research Laboratory! You know where that is…

Better Translation: Gareth: Well done Maverick Hunters! You're as strong as I expected! Here's our Reploid Research Laboratory; I'll be waiting!

Game Script: Zero: I’ll put an end to this soon!

Better Translation: Zero: Good! Now I can finally end this! Let's go X!

Game Script: Iris: Wait a second. I believe the laboratory is a very dangerous place.

Better Translation: Iris: Wait! That place is dangerous. I don't think you'll survive charging it head on!

Game Script: Zero: I know, but we have to go.

Better Translation: Zero: Yeah, I know it's risky. But we have to strike NOW!

Game Script: Iris: Yes. I’m not going to stop you. Just please take this device. With this device, you can execute a Player Change at any time by pressing SELECT.

Better Translation: Iris: Fine...if you insist. I wouldn't be able to stop you anyway...that's why I made these parts for you. Now you can change characters by pressing SELECT. So please, stay near each other! We're so close; there's no sense in splitting up now!

Game Script: X: All right, Iris.

Better Translation: X: Will do, Iris. I'll call Zero whenever I'm in trouble.

Game Script: Zero: I will trust his unknown potential power! Let’s go, X!

Better Translation: Zero: Back atcha, X. I still don't know the true depths of YOUR power! Now let's go!

Game Script: X: I’ll get the DNA Souls back! You’re going down Soul Eraser!

Better Translation: X: Prepare yourselves, Soul Erasers! I'll take back every DNA soul you took!
xnamkcor

Post by xnamkcor »

I'm still wondering what Robot David Bowie is doing in this game. Is that a spolier?
You cannot add yourself to the friends list.
You cannot add yourself to the foes list.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

Welcome in Omikron.
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Heavy Sigh

Post by Heavy Sigh »

awkward dog walljumps, raocows greatest dog related weakness.

*Translation Fun Time! Featuring a quick adventure in cool ways to call things in japan.*

Game Script: Dr. Light: Enter this capsule. Take this Arm Upgrade. The Upgrade will increase the amount to be charged. You can shoot two charged shots in a row. The two consecutive shots become a wide shot!

Better Translation: Dr. Light: Now, enter the capsule. Attach the Buster Upgrade, and you can shoot two charged shots in a row by charging it long enough. Or, you can combine the two of them into a SCATTER SHOT! Defeat the looming menace, X!

Yeah, when stuff in Japan is called a 'Wide Shot' it _always_ means a scattershot type weapon in practice.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

oh boy what a downgrade in every possible way. replace the good charge shot with a spreadshot that's only useful against enemies and not bosses, and take away two slots for part upgrades all at once, geez
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

So you've probably noticed quite a few things of what i'm about to say, but they tried to fuse the X2 and X3 charge shots for this game. While it sounds super cool on paper, in execution it becomes the worst arm upgrade in the series for casual use.

They also made it so that the shots can supercombine at one less charge level (which is big pink shot + half-charge buster shot) into this weird V-shot of two dippin' dots that absolutely misses anything right in front of you. The actual full-spread of 4 dippin' dots is not much better - they each only do 1 base damage.

It's better to just throw out the first buster shot once you read red/pink charge levels and save the big pink shot, since that's the one that actually does the most damage. I should note that even if you stagger both charge shots and wait, they will NOT combo together their damage like in X2.

I personally think the only real parts you need are the damage ups and D. Barrier, and the Buster Plus parts which in this game are horribly broken - they seem(?) to add straight damage after all calculations. Bosses normally take half damage from the player character, so having both would let the dippin' dots do 4 damage each. This does also mean your regular buster shots would do 4 damage to bosses, meaning you just never have to charge your buster again against bosses.

Bosses also give 200 DNA Souls each, and you won't get to 2000 at this rate unless you purposely farm. I might need to be corrected on this, but I do believe you lose all your souls after you beat X/Zero mission and transition to the other. You pretty much won't get it unless you're on Xtreme.

There is one item in the shop people won't get to see, and it's the last item on X's selection. If for some reason you got 2000 DNA Souls before you could find all the Dr. Light Capsules, you can just straight up buy X's full armor. This is the only game where X can use the power of soul capitalism to get his armor.

One last ramble, I should warn everyone that the next fortress boss is EXTREMELY jank. I don't like being the guy that gives out hints and ruins LPs, but the only thing I will say is that "you have been given everything you need right now to deal with the boss's mechanics".
Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Voltgloss »

Sounded like chibicow figured something out about the gun upgrade during the final dog fight, but sped up I'm not clear what that was. Was it to not press the shoot button again immediately after releasing to fire a charge shot?
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

Voltgloss wrote: 5 years ago Sounded like chibicow figured something out about the gun upgrade during the final dog fight, but sped up I'm not clear what that was. Was it to not press the shoot button again immediately after releasing to fire a charge shot?
Pretty much. Because the two charge shots don't combo like the X2 version, it's best to just lose the first charge shot asap. Also means you don't have to hold the button down to hold the other charge shot.
Stink Terios

Post by Stink Terios »

Chirei wrote: 5 years ago I personally think the only real parts you need are the damage ups and D. Barrier, and the Buster Plus parts which in this game are horribly broken - they seem(?) to add straight damage after all calculations. Bosses normally take half damage from the player character, so having both would let the dippin' dots do 4 damage each. This does also mean your regular buster shots would do 4 damage to bosses, meaning you just never have to charge your buster again against bosses.
THIS. THIS IS THE BEST. It allows you to just nuke anything in your path pretty much instantly.
Heavy Sigh wrote: 5 years ago Yeah, when stuff in Japan is called a 'Wide Shot' it _always_ means a scattershot type weapon in practice.
Does this apply to WideSht?
http://megaman.wikia.com/wiki/Lark
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

Stink Terios wrote: 5 years ago
THIS. THIS IS THE BEST. It allows you to just nuke anything in your path pretty much instantly.

Does this apply to WideSht?
http://megaman.wikia.com/wiki/Lark
It says something that Capcom never gave X more than one damage upgrade like this ever again.

Also battle network is the shit. I am slightly sad that it doesn't work with raocow's style so we won't get to see mainline ones be played.
Crow

Post by Crow »

If raocow did battle network and star force they'd double the length of the series by themselves lol
I prefer just the platformers anyways not that those are bad games or anything
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

I'm looking forward to Battle Network... NT! :D
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

tbh Battle Network is the perfect combination of ridiculous premise and fake depth that a raoguy LP would be 50% him laughing as though the series dared to try to stop the time bomb and I would be all for such an endeavour
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Kilgamayan wrote: 5 years ago tbh Battle Network is the perfect combination of ridiculous premise and fake depth that a raoguy LP would be 50% him laughing as though the series dared to try to stop the time bomb and I would be all for such an endeavour
raocow live reading series when
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Filbi
A Hobbit
Pronouns: they/them

Post by Filbi »

The Pharaoh Tank's name is Isaz and Sowilo! It's not clear which head is Isaz and which one is Sowilo.

Oh and Sigma's dog, who appears throughout the series but whose name is never given in any in-game text, is Velguarder.
I change this sig every year for Advent
xnamkcor

Post by xnamkcor »

Filby wrote: 5 years ago The Pharaoh Tank's name is Isaz and Sowilo! It's not clear which head is Isaz and which one is Sowilo.

Oh and Sigma's dog, who appears throughout the series but whose name is never given in any in-game text, is Velguarder.
R.I.P., Click or Clack...

In school, I learned that the weapon of choice for dogs is the Luger.

PS: Sigma trained his dog to Triangle Jump...
You cannot add yourself to the friends list.
You cannot add yourself to the foes list.
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

So raocow didn't notice it and I don't blame him, so here is a partial map of the opening of this level.

Here is the same map of the level it was derived from in Megaman X2.

If you notice, the alcove on the top-right actually exists in Xtreme 2, but it is SIGNIFICANTLY harder to get to.

These maps are accurate to their contents, so what's actually in there in Xtreme 2? Nothing. Your reward for doing all that is straight-up nothing. They really don't like giving you any extra lives in this game.

As for Isaz and Sowilo, you pretty much handled the fight how I had to until I remembered that you are given Player Change for this exact reason. Zero's saber for some reason can push back a giant tank, which can prevent the boss from locking you on the left side and spamming you to death. It thankfully didn't happen to you here, but I&S CAN just camp all the way on the left side of the screen and you basically can't do anything about it except use Fire Wave or Giga Crush, which you did both of. It's even noted that this boss is poorly programmed because the projectiles it fires scroll left and right with it as it moves.

EDIT: Also, the lava surge in this level is as weak as the lava in Flame Mammoth's stage, which means it does like 2 damage per hit. The next stage however, will not be so kind.
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

In today's episode, Sigma found the GutsDozer.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Blue

Post by Blue »

Was not expecting to encounter a song from one of my favorite bands to be a video title, but I guess that happened. Kinda like the first half of this game. It happened.
Crow

Post by Crow »

today: raocow desperately attempts to avoid the celeste b-sides being flung at him