(shouting)

Mega Man - We're Here Forever!

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
xnamkcor

Re: Mega Man X5 - The End of the Mega Man X Series

Post by xnamkcor »

Parama wrote: 5 years ago I'm ready for Alia to be a tragic death to further the character development of X already
also that stage was better. had gimmicks that were fine, though the ones based on waiting were eeehh and boss seemed fine so sure
That honor goes to a mermaid.
You cannot add yourself to the friends list.
You cannot add yourself to the foes list.
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

Small thing, but i've always enjoyed how they frame the entry to the volcano level in time with the music.

Don't worry, once you survive all the MegaMen long enough to get to X8, you'll be able to play with an actual mix-and-match armor system, which I hope they make future games with.

I believe the Gaea Armor's Helmet Part doesn't even do anything - it is literally only required so that the full armor will work.
Last edited by Chirei 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

Mattrex: "Due to the reckless actions of the Maverick Hunters in the previous game, people like me no longer trust them and assume hostility. This shows that the story of X4 has consequences outside of its self-contained contrived plot and establishes a shifting political landscape in our world, rather than an eternal series of sets of eight bosses to kill."

raocow: "wow this is the most generic boss dialogue ever!"
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

Leet wrote: 5 years ago Mattrex: "Due to the reckless actions of the Maverick Hunters in the previous game, people like me no longer trust them and assume hostility. This shows that the story of X4 has consequences outside of its self-contained contrived plot and establishes a shifting political landscape in our world, rather than an eternal series of sets of eight bosses to kill."

raocow: "wow this is the most generic boss dialogue ever!"
X: "yeah that's p much true I guess, gonna murder you now"
Stink Terios

Post by Stink Terios »

Everything about Dynamo is the coolest. He's the best!

No, shut up Middy.

Also, the suggestion to use Zero on the second fight is cool, it keeps things varied.
Heavy Sigh

Post by Heavy Sigh »

Translation Fun Time! FEATURING DYNAMO, THE AMERICAN CAVALRY (literally referred to as such by his designer, who modeled him after the cavalrymen he'd seen in Westerns)

X

Dynamo: Howdy…you must the super famous, but incorrigible hunter X…yeah?

X: Who in blazes are you? What are you doing here?

Dynamo: Well for starters, I was thinkin’ about just getting in your way, I guess? Oh, but, I'm just trying to be a nuisance, so no killing allowed…cuz I know you can’t get your kicks without fighting to the death.

X: Wh- no! That’s not true at all!

Dynamo: But before we begin: if you just so happen to die while fighting me…sorry, alright? I’ll take it easy on ya, so…how about we get this party started?

Zero

Dynamo: Howdy…you must the super famous, but incorrigible hunter Zero…yeah?

Zero: This has nothing to do with you. What do you want?

Dynamo: Well for starters, I was thinkin’ about just getting in your way, I guess? Oh, but, just trying to be a nuisance, so no killing allowed…cuz I know you can’t get your kicks without fighting to the death.

Zero: ………

Dynamo: Phew, cool as a cucumber, aren’t you. Guess it doesn’t matter what I say, huh? In that case, "I shall honour thy request for a fight".

After Defeat

X & Zero

Dynamo: Man, you really are strong…you’re serious about this, huh? I guess I’ll split this time. If you don’t relax a bit more, your health is gonna go on ya, you know. Well, see ya! Sayonara!
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

God, I fuckin' love Dynamo. じゃあね〜
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Le Neveu de Rameau
I'm a hoobsie roller; I got robots in my life
First name: Rameau's Nephew

Post by Le Neveu de Rameau »

Silly raocow, languages tend to diverge over time rather than congeal. The future is unlikely to be exempt from this rule, scifi clichés created primarily by Anglophone monolinguals aside. Even if you were to start a new society on the moon with just one language, it would almost certainly diverge in to assort moon dialects over the generations, which would in turn become their own distinct mutually unintelligible moonspeaks. And as history shows us, the presence of a unified written language or scholarly language or a trade language will not halt this process either, as witnessed by the fact that our friend Spanish exists not merely in 21XX, but also now, despite the persistence of a modified version of Classical Latin pretty the exclusive scholarly language in Western Europe for about 1700 years. Language change continues unabated, and they will continue to grow and reproduce as they will no matter how we attempt to consolidate and tame them.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Ah, Dynamo... You exist. I'll say this about X5, the bosses do a lot of moves you'll have to dodge with quick reflexes, and I think that's cool.
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

So I guess just to clarify to everyone just exactly how strong the Fourth Armor is, it's the same as the one from X4 and gives all the following:

-50% Weapon Energy Usage (Head)
-50% Damage Reduction (Body)
-Plasma Shot Charge (Arm)
-Air Dash and Hover Shoes (Legs)

It has four differences from the actual X4 version, though:

-The Head Part no longer provides unlimited Weapon Energy to uncharged Special Weapons. This is a "rebalanced" version.
-The Nova Strike is not present.
-The Plasma Shot now only leaves up to 1 lingering plasma ball instead of 3.
-For some reason, the coloring on X's fists are blue as if he had picked the Stock Charge Shot in X4 instead of red.

raocow may be pleased to know that X5 has the only armor in the entire series that reduces damage even further than 50%. If you thought X was tanky now, just wait until this one.
Stink Terios

Post by Stink Terios »

Chirei wrote: 5 years ago raocow may be pleased to know that X5 has the only armor in the entire series that reduces damage even further than 50%. If you thought X was tanky now, just wait until this one.
Oh man, I wish raocow uses that one in the final stage for maximum hilarity.
xnamkcor

Post by xnamkcor »

Stink Terios wrote: 5 years ago
Chirei wrote: 5 years ago raocow may be pleased to know that X5 has the only armor in the entire series that reduces damage even further than 50%. If you thought X was tanky now, just wait until this one.
Oh man, I wish raocow uses that one in the final stage for maximum hilarity.
Coincidentally, I think the final stage(or one of the sigma stages) is a maze of spikes. And said armor is immune to spikes. So, that suggestion has some validity, two-fold. But it's also lacking in a lot of areas, so it'll be challenging in its own way.
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

Stink Terios wrote: 5 years ago Oh man, I wish raocow uses that one in the final stage for maximum hilarity.
I think aside from the one section, it'll actually probably be the best thing you can use. The buster shot on that thing is savage.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Now imagine if Alia was voiced in this game.

Anyway, Storm Eaglet sure happened with little consistent stage identity.

I refuse to ever call Spiral Pegasus The Skiver, so that's is his name now.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

Apparently someone at Capcom really liked this stage, because they went all-out with the gimmick in the next game.
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!
Stink Terios

Post by Stink Terios »

Yeah, the cleaneup video will be pretty long thanks to all the forced armor switching. Given you can only get the Gaea Armor after defeating all 8 bosses, this hurts.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

That stage wasn't too bad with being stopped once they explained the bomb gimmick, and yeah, you usually get an extra life from a rescued Reploid. That said, there's not much going on in the actual level itself. Blow up a few bombs, ride some elevators, boss. I'm pretty sure if Pegasus hits you with one of his dive bomb attacks that you will go flying. It might've been the Storm Eagle-like diagonal charge or the simple dive kick. Honestly, after X4, I kind of space out on boss patterns.

Alia Interruption Counter: 4 in Spiral Pegasus (30)
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

Stink Terios wrote: 5 years ago Yeah, the cleaneup video will be pretty long thanks to all the forced armor switching. Given you can only get the Gaea Armor after defeating all 8 bosses, this hurts.
It's actually possible to have the full Gaea Armor with only six bosses defeated(two, since you technically don't have to beat the stages on the right half to get the capsules), but this would require raocow to bother Zero on his arm recovery time, and that's rude.

With the ability that lets Zero double jump, he can get the one in guns n' roses man's stage, and with precise sigma virus abuse, the one in spiral goatman's stage. Otherwise, the intended method(tm) must be used.

Though, it's hard to say what's intended and what's not, because Zero has unique dialogue with all 8 of the Light Capsules that basically equates to "Thank you for being friends and taking care of my B-Rank son. Please bring him his lunch"
xnamkcor

Post by xnamkcor »

Chirei wrote: 5 years ago
Stink Terios wrote: 5 years ago Yeah, the cleaneup video will be pretty long thanks to all the forced armor switching. Given you can only get the Gaea Armor after defeating all 8 bosses, this hurts.
It's actually possible to have the full Gaea Armor with only six bosses defeated(two, since you technically don't have to beat the stages on the right half to get the capsules), but this would require raocow to bother Zero on his arm recovery time, and that's rude.

With the ability that lets Zero double jump, he can get the one in guns n' roses man's stage, and with precise sigma virus abuse, the one in spiral goatman's stage. Otherwise, the intended method(tm) must be used.

Though, it's hard to say what's intended and what's not, because Zero has unique dialogue with all 8 of the Light Capsules that basically equates to "Thank you for being friends and taking care of my B-Rank son. Please bring him his lunch"
"X-kun! X-kun! I bright your bento! Not that I like you or anything. I only dis it because you always forget and your Tou-san gave it to me this morning!"

"This...This is a Gaia Head piece. I can't eat this..."
Heavy Sigh

Post by Heavy Sigh »

MAVERICK FACTS!

The Skiver, also known as Spiral Pegasus, was a young director of the Repliforce air force, who survived the Repliforce Incident. He looked up to Colonel and General and had a good friendship with Iris. Having lost his purpose in life, Skiver then began overseeing an Air Force base near the west coast of Norway, renaming the ragtag remnants as the Reploid Air Force.

Skiver held an Orbiter Wing needed for the Shuttle Operation to destroy the Eurasia colony. However, because of his early stages of viral infection and unresolved issues with the Maverick Hunters over the fate of Repliforce, he refuses to cooperate and asks to be taken down in an duel without hard feelings.

*Translation Fun Time!* Featuring one of the few bosses in the game who has Three Sets of Dialogue!
*Before Shuttle Plan*

X

Skiver: It’s hard to believe I finally get to meet you at a time like this…these skies, even myself…are infected and turning Maverick. When that happens, everything will be in your hands. I will lose my mind. At the very least, before that happens, fight me and let me know I can put my trust in you!

Zero

Skiver: Zero! I can’t believe I am meeting you at a time like this…it won’t be long until I’m infected. Then you’ll “retire me”…so, please, fight me as a Maverick…it will also be my way of avenging Colonel. It may be selfish…but fight me!

Zero: Understood…but, I…this fight is just business. Bring it!

*After Shuttle Plan, Before Blastoff*

X

Skiver: X! I’ve wanted to meet you for a while…it’s just, this situation with Eurasia…there’s no time to even talk. Here, the remnants of the Repliforce are seeing out their last days…to be honest, all I can do now is entrust everything to you…but, you’ll need to convince me that you’re the man for the job…through combat!

Zero

Skiver: Zero! I’ve wanted to meet you for a while…I know there was probably no way around it, but I cannot forget what happened to Colonel. I can’t help but feel there was a way to resolve things without bloodshed…I bear no grudges towards you, but…I have been infected by the virus. I will be "retired" by you either way…that’s why…please fight me as a Maverick…it will be my way of avenging Colonel, as well. It may be selfish…but fight me!

Zero: Understood…but, I…this fight is just business. Bring it!

*After The Last Levels Appear*

X

Skiver: Brrzzt, wh-who…who are you…

X: Skiver…you, too…

Skiver: Avenge the General…send you to hell!

Zero

Skiver: I-Iris…who’s this? Tell me. Iris. Who, is, this?

Zero: Skiver…so you’re a Maverick now…Iris…isn’t here anymore. It was me who…

Skiver: I’ll kill you, I’ll kill you…you won’t get away with this!
Ometeotl

Post by Ometeotl »

xnamkcor wrote: 5 years ago
Paragraph wrote: 5 years ago I can easily see where he's coming from, though, if you value challenging yourself with various dumb shit then X5 is for sure a more entertaining prospect because X4 is piss-easy for 99% of its runtime even if you decide to not get hit ever.
"[It takes no dashing, no upgrades, no damage, and a retard punching you in the d*** to make X1 even remotely challenging. So, here we are, sans the retard]". -Hideo F Beast
Sounds like a stand up guy...
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

capricorns are mermaid goats and no i dont know why either
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Blue

Post by Blue »

Is Necrobat the only one with a sigma insignia? Neat detail.
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

I just glanced at a video of the boss rush, and yeah, the other main bosses all have skulls on their health meters.
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

Oh no X got demoted already!!!!

Dark Necroshademan does have at least one more attack, but I have no idea if the RNG just didn't roll correctly, or he has to be a certain level. I don't think it's the latter given what you had to deal with Mattrex throwing at you.

That heart tank is actually kind of unforgiving. Good job doing it in one try.

As an aside, I think all the "blue megamen" are solar-powered, so technically praising the sun is the fate of those who will eventually be shot by X.
Blue wrote:Is Necrobat the only one with a sigma insignia? Neat detail.
Yes. The insignia is only used for Sigma himself and one other boss otherwise.