(shouting)

Mega Man - We're Here Forever!

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Bean
Yep.

Re: Mega Man Xtreme - Xtremely Familiar

Post by Bean »

If it's like it is in Mega Man X2, you're supposed to jam on the D-Pad to break free of his magnetic pull there. And since you were wondering in the video, you'll be backtracking after tomorrow.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

AuraLancer wrote: 5 years ago Ugh, this is definitely my least favorite in the series to watch. It's like, what if X and X2 were boring? The amusement from raocow and the silly plot isn't enough.
DOS 3 though? literally could not keep watching that one from how completely pointless that one was, i've watched pretty much everything else since i think but that
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

smh you guys aren't going for 100 percent completion. all or nothing
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Parama wrote: 5 years agoDOS 3 though? literally could not keep watching that one from how completely pointless that one was, i've watched pretty much everything else since i think but that
That was fun for the train wreck aspect. This game is more of a been there, done that way better in the past experience.
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

DOS 3 wasn't so much a trainwreck as it was "this exists". The levels barely even felt different most of the time.

Here we're just getting ridiculously short levels, with the occasional cutscene that takes a long time to say very little.
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!
AuraLancer
AKA Uncle Aura

Post by AuraLancer »

DOS 3 was hard to watch at times, but still preferable to this.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

Y'all are the same peeps who wanted two X4 playthroughs despite that game being dull enough the first time

At least these vids are mostly pretty short
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
AuraLancer
AKA Uncle Aura

Post by AuraLancer »

Still better! raocow was playing as a completely different character and very obviously enjoying it. There were different strategies used for bosses and parts of stages as well.
AlchemistHohenheim

Post by AlchemistHohenheim »

So I can't remember exactly how it works (like whether it skips any cutscenes from the individual character playthroughs), but when it comes time for Xtreme 2 it might be a good idea for someone to just prepare a save file/state with Extreme mode unlocked and have raocow play that mode for the LP, just to save some tedium.

Also, this is informed by my somewhat vague memories of playing it when I was like 12 years old, but Xtreme 2 is better guys...I think.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

consarn it crocodibli stop chomping on xs crotch

i dont care if he likes it
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

Gosh, Geemel looked so much tougher to beat than Zain, no wonder they saved him for Hard Mode. Why, how would a new player be able to deal with his difficult attacks like "throw high" and "throw low"?
Sugar
Pronouns: fae/faer

Post by Sugar »

Wait, so Dr Light knows about Zero? Huh.
Stink Terios

Post by Stink Terios »

I love ZERO SCRAMBLE RISING, what a game; and way to cook your eggs.
Heavy Sigh

Post by Heavy Sigh »

Translation Fun Time!

Game Script: Dr. Light: Enter this capsule, X. Install the program, ZERO SCRAMBLE: RISING! This program will allow you to call your best friend and fellow soldier, ZERO… His striking power is enormous, but hard to control! Perform this on enemies in the sky. It also works on bosses!

Actual Translation: Dr. Light: Come, enter this capsule. This is a program to call upon your best friend, your brother-in-arms Zero...I will install Zero Scramble: Rising! It’s hard to make it hit the enemy, but its attack power is tremendous! It’d be wise to use it on enemies above. It’s also effective against bosses!

X VS. GEEMEL, ROUND 1

Game Script: Geemel: Kekeke! I’ve been waiting for you X! I’m going to take the time to stop you here and finish you off once and for all.

Actual Translation: Geemel: Kekeke! So you’ve come, stupid X! Now mi will personally get in your way!

(X wins against Geemel)

Game Script: Geemel: Kyee! This can’t be! Don’t think you’ve beat me just because you won this round!

Actual Translation: Geemel: Kiii! That was luck, obviously! Don’t think you've beaten me with that!
xnamkcor

Post by xnamkcor »

Stink Terios wrote: 5 years ago I love ZERO SCRAMBLE RISING, what a game; and way to cook your eggs.
Make sure to check it George Weidman's playthrough of Zero Scramble: Rising Revengence
You cannot add yourself to the friends list.
You cannot add yourself to the foes list.
Le Neveu de Rameau
I'm a hoobsie roller; I got robots in my life
First name: Rameau's Nephew

Post by Le Neveu de Rameau »

Much like the sun rising in the west, it's good to see that thorn dawn still follows day and precedes night in raoland.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

finishing the game tomorrow or nah?
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

I suppose it's only appropriate for you to learn how to summon Zero as a stand from Josuke Higashikata.
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Plutia
Plutia too cute

Post by Plutia »

why does this game exist

like, sure, it's visually pretty impressive for a GBC game, but all the stages are literally just the same

why
Heavy Sigh

Post by Heavy Sigh »

Translation Fun Time! Featuring many comments by Dr.Light about X's 'best buddy', Zero.

THE ZERO CAPSULES!

Game Script: Dr. Light: Enter this capsule, X. Install the program, ZERO SCRAMBLE: DASH! This program will allow you to call your best partner, Zero… The range of the attacks is limited but it can help you a lot if you use it wisely. Be careful about your energy…

Actual Translation: Dr. Light: Come, enter this capsule. A program to call upon your good partner Zero...I will install Zero Scramble: Dash! It's attack range is limited, but it should be helpful. There are four Zero Scrambles, but they all share the same energy. Furthermore, if you don’t clear a stage the energy won’t be restored. I would advise you to use it carefully...

Game Script: Dr. Light: Enter this capsule, X. Install the program, ZERO SCRAMBLE: EARTH GAIZER! This program will allow you to call your best friend, Zero... You can damage enemies around you! This requires a lot of energy... Use this only in a desperate situation.

Actual Translation: Dr. Light: Come, enter this capsule. A program to call upon the one who knows you best, Zero...I will install Zero Scramble: Earth Geyser! It can damage the enemies around you! It's energy consumption is intense though, so use it just when you’re in a pinch!

Yeah, "Earth Gaizer" is so named due to a failure of romanization on the localization team's part. If you read its Katakana in Japanese, it's pronounced "EARTH-GUY-ZER"… especially since the graphic is of an explosion going up!

Game Script: Dr. Light: Enter this capsule, X. Install the program, ZERO SCRAMBLE: FINAL! This will allow you to call a Special A level Hunter, Zero… This is the most powerful weapon and will destroy almost any enemy. Keep in mind that this requires a huge amount of energy… Use this on strong enemies that may seem impossible to defeat!

Actual Translation: Dr. Light: Come, enter this capsule. A program to call upon Zero, the Special A Class Hunter...I will install Zero Scramble: Final! This is a secret technique that kills a single enemy with certainty...however, it will use an enormous amount of energy, so it’s best to use it against an enemy that you can’t seem to beat no matter what...
Arctangent
squawky

Post by Arctangent »

somehow i'm not surprised that the homoerotic subtext was stronger in the japanese version
xnamkcor

Post by xnamkcor »

Heavy Sigh wrote: 5 years ago Yeah, "Earth Gaizer" is so named due to a failure of romanization on the localization team's part. If you read its Katakana in Japanese, it's pronounced "EARTH-GUY-ZER"… especially since the graphic is of an explosion going up!
Ai is the "I" sound, like "eye". Which Is how Geyser is pronounced. Unless it's been Gayser all this time and in just stupid.

PS: Is that "Guy" as in "Gai" or as in "Gy"?
You cannot add yourself to the friends list.
You cannot add yourself to the foes list.
Blue

Post by Blue »

Heavy Sigh wrote: 5 years ago Yeah, "Earth Gaizer" is so named due to a failure of romanization on the localization team's part. If you read its Katakana in Japanese, it's pronounced "EARTH-GUY-ZER"… especially since the graphic is of an explosion going up!
The Japanese name is アースゲイザー which is not アースガイザー, which would actually be earth guy-zer.
アー Ah
ス Su
ゲ Ge (sort of halfway between gay and geh)
イ i (pronounced like the name of the letter 'e')
ザー Za
Asu Ge-i-za. Earth Gaizer. It's a cool foreign-sounding nonsense word, like Gaogaigar.

AND WHILE I'M AT IT
Leet wrote: 5 years ago Game Script: [Localization team's subjective translation]

"""Actual""" Translation: [Fan's subjective translation]

Don't get me wrong I do think that giving Geemel a quirky use of foreign words is a fine way to get the idea across, but when you've started taking liberties like that you can't call it an "Actual" translation anymore as if it's actually more 'accurate'.
This is a literally untranslatable verbal tic. It is one of many examples where two languages have such dramatically different structuring that you cannot accurately convey an implication in one language in another one. Using 'mi' conveys the idea that he's breaking the rules of the language by using a different language's pronoun to refer to himself (which would be understood nearly instantly in the both the fan translation and Japanese) is about the closest that it is possible to get, and is significantly more accurate than just removing an aspect of something's characterization.

It's not fully accurate because it is not possible to be fully accurate, but it is much closer and conveys almost the same ideas despite the massive cultural and linguistic gulf.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

Which is why I said that I agreed that it was a good translation choice!!!!

But positioning the official translation's liberties as "wrong" and this fan translation's liberties as "actual" is really misleading, because it is impossible to have an "actual" translation - for exactly the reasons you just said. The translation that Heavy Sigh is posting is much closer and better as far as I can tell, yes, but calling it "actual" implies that it is the "true" translation and that the official translation's differences are a result of them translating "wrong" instead of just making different (and yes, possibly worse) choices.

"Better" translation? Fair enough. "Actual" translation? No.
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

What are you talking about, the rules to yardball are simple, you just pass the ball to the nearest player, with a tie resolved according to whose birthday is earlier in the year, and if that's a tie you resolve it based on whose middle name is later in the alphabet, and if that's a tie you resolve it by flipping a coin.

Of course, if there's a three-player tie then officially Parliament has to vote on who you pass the ball to, but we all know it's going to be Davey in that case so we usually just skip over that step.

Anyways, after passing the ball you need to move precisely n meters away, where n is calculated as a proportion of the current distance between the earth and the moon, and then the next player passes the ball. If a player leaves the yard, they're out, unless they can get forty people to sign a petition allowing them to re-enter the yard and have it certified by the city clerk. The last player in the yard then gets a number of points equal to the current number of signatures still needed by the other players, and the next round begins, with the ball going to the player who was determined by the Seer's prophecy at the start of the game.

It's all very simple, as long as nobody tries to intercept the ball.