(shouting)

Mega Man - We're Here Forever!

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Blue

Re: Mega Man & Bass: Challenger From the Future - A WonderSwan Song

Post by Blue »

Well, that... sure existed. That was definitely a game made by a team who had little-to-no experience designing games, so they put in whatever came to mind, like shooting into a slime, and didn't really know how to refine or build on the things they threw in there.
Parama wrote: 6 years ago what's up with burner man's stage theme being the cutscene music in this game, that's just an odd decision
And this is a good example of what I mean: They didn't really have the time or resources to write new music or adjust existing music to fit what they were doing with it, and either just ported over all of the songs early on in production or the various people working on it failed miserably at communicating what they were working on with each other, so when the time came for putting which songs where, it mostly ended up as "eh, we haven't used this yet, might as well stick it here."

Note: I know literally nothing about this game's development cycle, but I have seen this exact pattern of behavior enough times to recognize the results it yields.
Blivsey wrote: 6 years ago ...So I did, just for practice, and I hope no one minds.
Shadow: Defeating my Grey Devil is exactly as I expected of you, Megaman. But ruining my robot factory, that I can't forgive.

Megaman: Who even are you? And why do you seem so familiar...? Stop doing all these terrible things, and we could try and work things out without violence!

Shadow: Hmhmhm... Unfortunately for you, I can't just do that. If you want to know who I am, you'll have to defeat my underlings first.
A small, pointless translation note:
The phrase they're literally translated into 'as expected' is almost definitely さすが, which can have positive or negative connotations. If going for actual reads goodness instead of an overly-literal translation, it would probably be better to translate that bit as some form of praise, since that's almost definitely the author's intent. Something like "I'm impressed you defeated my Grey Devil, Megaman."
Le Neveu de Rameau
I'm a hoobsie roller; I got robots in my life
First name: Rameau's Nephew

Post by Le Neveu de Rameau »

Justice Man has seen better days.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

That's the end? I was honestly expecting them to go fight Wily after this, but no, this mega man game literally ends with a funeral
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3
First name: Matt

Post by YelseyKing »

I have no idea what was being said in the ending sequence.

But I can say with 100% certainty that it was nowhere near as good as raocow's interpretation of it.
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Leet wrote: 6 years ago That's the end? I was honestly expecting them to go fight Wily after this, but no, this mega man game literally ends with a funeral
Yep. The surprise here is that there is no surprise Wily was behind everything twist for once. Rockman Shadow wanted to be taken down since they had already run amok in their alternate future thing. In fact, Rockman Shadow was created by Wily but abandoned when the doc was somehow able to capture the real deal and modify him into Quint. raocow said most of that in the vid, but man, this time travel stuff does get silly.

Anyway, Time Switch is great in this level because it literally lets you run through enemies when it's active. Also helps with those time limit rooms that are breaking down. Jumping on the wind gusts is way easier when time's stopped. I think the floor stops sinking, too.

Oh man. I just looked at that list of upcoming games. There are some good moments, but man, we are totally in the dark age of Mega Man games until the Zero series at this point. Yeesh. Ha-ha.
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

YelseyKing wrote: 6 years ago I have no idea what was being said in the ending sequence.

But I can say with 100% certainty that it was nowhere near as good as raocow's interpretation of it.
here: http://www.vgmuseum.com/end/ws/a/rfr.htm

also http://forum.rockmanpm.com/index.php?topic=594.0
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
AuraLancer
AKA Uncle Aura

Post by AuraLancer »

Well, that was a thing. I do really like that there are RM defeated portraits though.
Leet

Post by Leet »

I mean, at least the post-NES part of the classic series got handheld rep of some kind

next time: more handheld rep!!

to be honest it's these obscure not-that-great entries that i've been most looking forward to
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

and so ends the era of monochrome, and in fact the classic series for a fair while
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Grounder

Re: Mega Man Xtreme - Xtremely Familiar

Post by Grounder »

"Go! X! Go out and shoot to the xtreme!"

"I will! Thank you, father!"
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

Oh Lord, I had forgotten how unintentionally hilarious everything in this game is.
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Blue

Post by Blue »

This is a 15 minute video with 3 minutes of gameplay. 80% cutscene. That does not bode well.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

oh god the bullet flickering

it just

makes stuff invisible, great
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

We live in a society
7NameSam
hey
Pronouns: they/them

Post by 7NameSam »

Megaman Xtreme:
The world is a place.
Ashan
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

I'm finally updating my flair after like 4 years
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

The writing on these cutscenes is so awful. Just full of redundancy and useless lines. That's without even getting into the nonsense premise which isn't being explained very clearly due to how badly translated it is.

The world has become a place, indeed.
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

Crimes in the Confusion is my new metalcore band
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Leet

Post by Leet »

I love this
Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: liv/livvy
https://blivsey.talkhaus.com/

Post by Blivsey »

I'd bet dollars to donuts that cutscene was, like, half as long in the original Japanese script.
convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes
FourteenthOrder
(zeal on discord)

Post by FourteenthOrder »

Oh my gosh that was hilarious and also I really missed raocow's Zero voice
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

By the by, I like this game less than the WonderSwan one you just played. The X series as a whole starts to get shafted big time here.
Sugar
Pronouns: fae/faer

Post by Sugar »

Can somebody tl;dr all those cutscenes? I like skipped the entire thing because it was so boring.

Fun fact: Autosaves do in fact save the game, if you reset the console, you can continue from last autosave. It's your choice whether to use that, it may feel a bit like cheating to reset a console after Game Over. The autosaves are removed after loading, so you can do that with each quicksave only once.
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

TL:DR:
VAVA?
Crimes in the confusion
Original character do not steal
Jack in! Mega Man X!

Or: for contrived reasons, you have to go into a computer and fight bosses from past games. Also Maverick is spelled as Marverick at one point.
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!
Leet

Post by Leet »

GlitchMr wrote: 6 years ago Can somebody tl;dr all those cutscenes? I like skipped the entire thing because it was so boring.

Fun fact: Autosaves do in fact save the game, if you reset the console, you can continue from last autosave. It's your choice whether to use that, it may feel a bit like cheating to reset a console after Game Over. The autosaves are removed after loading, so you can do that with each quicksave only once.
Somebody has hacked the Mother Computer, which has upset the "world order", a concept that goes completely unexplained. This caused X to have a digital dream of that time he fought Vile I guess. The author of this sprite comic is the best programmer in the entire world, represented here by a green child, who will help X fight the "data of the past", which exists.