(shouting)

Mega Man - We're Here Forever!

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
xnamkcor

Re: Mega Man & Bass: Mega Man 7.8 Final Mix

Post by xnamkcor »

Kilgamayan wrote: 6 years ago
Stink Terios wrote: 6 years ago R&F's OST is so goooooooooood
trufax

The entire thing is solid from top to bottom and Dynamo Man and Pirate Man hang with the best any other game has to offer.
Probably thanks to Sony.
You cannot add yourself to the friends list.
You cannot add yourself to the foes list.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

I'd need to look at the art book again for developer comments, but I think the reasoning behind Capcom making this game was that they didn't want Nintendo fans feeling left out after MMX4 & MM8 were released on the PS1 and Saturn. Why they put this on the Super Famicom in 1998 is the real mystery.
xnamkcor

Post by xnamkcor »

Bean wrote: 6 years ago I'd need to look at the art book again for developer comments, but I think the reasoning behind Capcom making this game was that they didn't want Nintendo fans feeling left out after MMX4 & MM8 were released on the PS1 and Saturn. Why they put this on the Super Famicom in 1998 is the real mystery.

Because making a game in 1998 for the N64 would have been too difficult, especially a good game meant for MegaMan fans.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Yeah, that era of gaming was really anti-2D which is why I wasn't too fond of it. RPGs were great and all, but 2D platformers started to become a rarity on consoles, and that was a shame.
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

AlchemistHohenheim wrote: 6 years agoIn which raocow says "No, I don't want to leave the shop yet" twice and is then confused about why he can't leave the shop.
That tends to happen when one doesn't bother reading what's being said.
xnamkcor

Post by xnamkcor »

Alice wrote: 6 years ago
AlchemistHohenheim wrote: 6 years agoIn which raocow says "No, I don't want to leave the shop yet" twice and is then confused about why he can't leave the shop.
That tends to happen when one doesn't bother reading what's being said.
Did you not want me to repeat what I said again? Yes? No?
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

actually, what was happening was that pressing.. one of the buttons, I forget which, puts your cursor on no and triggers it, getting you out of that textbox but still in the shop. The button situation in these menus is really confusing when it changes every game.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
xnamkcor

Post by xnamkcor »

raocow wrote: 6 years ago actually, what was happening was that pressing.. one of the buttons, I forget which, puts your cursor on no and triggers it, getting you out of that textbox but still in the shop. The button situation in these menus is really confusing when it changes every game.
In case nobody mentioned it yet, there are two translation patches by the same team. One with the Mega/Light names. One with the Rock/Right names.

PS: It's canonically Light. Fight Me.
Stink Terios

Post by Stink Terios »

Actually, now that raocow mentions it, I also had a hell of a time trying to leave the shop the first time I played the game.
xnamkcor

Post by xnamkcor »

Ok. You can wait until the GBA release to play as Bass. But in the name of her majesty, please, play the SFC version. Use the Mega/Proto translation if you want...
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

xnamkcor wrote: 6 years ago Ok. You can wait until the GBA release to play as Bass. But in the name of her majesty, please, play the SFC version. Use the Mega/Proto translation if you want...
and deny us the comparative experience? raocow survived the Game Gear, he'll survive the GBA :lol:
xnamkcor

Post by xnamkcor »

BobisOnlyBob wrote: 6 years ago
xnamkcor wrote: 6 years ago Ok. You can wait until the GBA release to play as Bass. But in the name of her majesty, please, play the SFC version. Use the Mega/Proto translation if you want...
and deny us the comparative experience? raocow survived the Game Gear, he'll survive the GBA :lol:
Ok, but then he has to also play Challenger From The Future.

PS: If the GB games counts as their own games, will raocow play Xtremes?
FourteenthOrder
(zeal on discord)
Pronouns: she/her

Post by FourteenthOrder »

xnamkcor wrote: 6 years ago
BobisOnlyBob wrote: 6 years ago
Ok, but then he has to also play Challenger From The Future.

Challenger from the Future and the Xtremes are all on the coming up next list!
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

xnamkcor wrote: 6 years agoOk, but then he has to also play Challenger From The Future.

The first post in the Coming Up Next thread has the list. Trying to get Gunvolt on there myself since it's basically the other spiritual successor that ain't MN9.
xnamkcor

Post by xnamkcor »

Kilgamayan wrote:
trufax

The entire thing is solid from top to bottom and Dynamo Man and Pirate Man hang with the best any other game has to offer.

Volume warning? RT=Ringtone

Edit: Looks like the FLACs either wrong, or I neglected dropping for the loop correctly on some. Sorry. Will fix soon.
Last edited by xnamkcor 6 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Stink Terios

Post by Stink Terios »

Bean wrote: 6 years ago
xnamkcor wrote: 6 years agoOk, but then he has to also play Challenger From The Future.

The first post in the Coming Up Next thread has the list. Trying to get Gunvolt on there myself since it's basically the other spiritual successor that ain't MN9.
Oof, I'm not sure that will work. Gunvolt is game that has no reason to exist if you aren't going for super SSS+ ranks, it's probably gonna be super boring.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

Stink Terios wrote: 6 years ago it's probably gonna be super boring.
i mean, he played the dos games
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Astro Man in a nutshell.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Super Llama
Love is stored in the robot

Post by Super Llama »

I actually prefer the GBA soundtrack. It uses the soundfont from Battle Network, so it came out pretty good.

Compare Tengu Man's theme (since it's my favorite from the soundtrack.)
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

The best way to handle the last rising block of each set is to bait them. In other words, step on them then step right back off so you aren't carried up into the spikes. The disappearing block patterns in this game are nuts, and this stage is meant to be the seventh one in a weakness chain run, so you're getting that level of difficulty. Then again, that means the second bot's stage is kind of nuts, too.

There's a lot to say with the Astro Man fight, so I'll bullet point it and condense it with the spoiler box.
-When he does the attack with the holograms, if you're fast enough with your slides, you can stay ahead to jump up and shoot him before you have to slide away again.

-When he's making his friends, let one stay around. You'll still have to dodge a series of attacks, but they're pretty easy to avoid once you see what's going on. That's the best time to get your hits in.

-With the orbs, and you only dodged the way the game wants you to once at the very end, stay under Astro Man and jump over the orbs as they come back to the center.

-That random homing dive is the worst thing about this fight. It always follows the holograms, but sometimes he'll do it just because he's a jerk.

-This boss is not Cold Man.
Oh, and in the official translation for the game, Star Man is all about that space exploitation, not exploration. More Capcom typos, yo.
Le Neveu de Rameau
I'm a hoobsie roller; I got robots in my life
First name: Rameau's Nephew

Post by Le Neveu de Rameau »

It's a pity raocow doesn't have the Roll-talky-thing at this point, as otherwise we'd learn that Astro Man's stage is weird, but funny to talk about.
Sugar
Pronouns: fae/faer

Post by Sugar »

this much, difficulty disparity, even though, they are on the same, level, in the tech tree
Hahahaha, you haven't seen the worst yet. Second level of the tree is where the game gets truly evil.

That said, Cold Man is intentionally designed to be easy, as in to be a starting stage.
Mea

Post by Mea »

Parama wrote: 6 years ago
Stink Terios wrote: 6 years ago it's probably gonna be super boring.
i mean, he played the dos games
At least with those we could laugh at how awful everything was. It was interesting to watch in that respect. I played through one of the stages I was unfamiliar with just now and it took me less than 6 minutes without using any dashes or skipping any of the dialogue. And speaking of the dialogue, there's a LOT of talking going on in the stages. rao's either going to have to talk over the talking, disable the stage dialogue (why deprive viewers from part of the story/experience?) or play the original localization release version of the first game (please don't). If he doesn't disable the talking, then there's the dialogue text HUD that takes up like a fourth of the screen that might be kind of annoying to watch.

Since it's impossible to die, the game takes on a boring invincible run and gun feeling to it. If he decides to play the switch version, then he could enable Gutless mode to preserve kudos but otherwise it's all lost with a single hit so there's no satisfaction there either.

Gunvolt 2 could be interesting since it's harder and Copen is in it and it might be cool to see how the MMX/Zero formula evolved with his gameplay, but I don't think the rao can quite handle his super technical controls. And most of the LPing difficulties are still present here.

Maybe instead of a whole LP, he could play like two stages from each game to show where the series has gone to. Copen especially I think would be interesting to show off. But again, maybe like a single level in one video.
Blue

Post by Blue »

Super Llama wrote: 6 years ago I actually prefer the GBA soundtrack. It uses the soundfont from Battle Network, so it came out pretty good.

Wow, that's seriously impressive. Capcom really managed to knock it out of the park with that OST considering how utter trash the GBA's audio system is.
xnamkcor

Post by xnamkcor »

Blue wrote: 6 years ago
Super Llama wrote: 6 years ago I actually prefer the GBA soundtrack. It uses the soundfont from Battle Network, so it came out pretty good.

Wow, that's seriously impressive. Capcom really managed to knock it out of the park with that OST considering how utter trash the GBA's audio system is.
And by "audio system", you mean the general CPU sending audio to a DAC?