(shouting)

Mega Man - We're Here Forever!

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
xnamkcor

Re: Mega Man X4 - What Are We Playing? Fourrrrrrrrr!!!

Post by xnamkcor »

Mea wrote: 6 years ago I don't see how trying to kill Zero helps her wish. You know, "living" and "together". Looks like she knew what he was fighting for: because he was told to. Kinda ironic for a robot given free will.
Should I go there? Yeah, I'll go there.
Maybe she meant living with him after they die.
You cannot add yourself to the friends list.
You cannot add yourself to the foes list.
Blue

Post by Blue »

Mea wrote: 6 years ago He's a maverick hunter hunting people he knows aren't mavericks, so legit what is he doing, he just made a scrap heap out of his girlfriend or whoever for no reason.
But

they blew up at least one city and killed a buncha people because one of their members refused to put a sword down for a few hours.
That's basically the actual definition of a Maverick. He's very clearly fighting to stop the rest of repliforce from killing more people. I mean if these dudes blew up a city and started a coup over being told "Drop your weapon" imagine how badly any sort of peaceful trade talks are gonna go.
"Alright we'll be willing to buy some of your manufactured weapons at a rate of fifty monies each" "I'd rather die than part with my precious laser swords!" "wait then why did you try to have trade talks about them" "THIS MEANS WAR" "what are you doing OH GOD HE STABBED ME RIGHT IN THE PARTS"
Stink Terios wrote: 6 years ago Also, there was a more elegant way they could have handled Iris's death: Zero not being able to bring her body with him in order to escape the exploding final weapon, and the urgency of having to fight General/Sigma beforehand.
See except Zero was exploded and then was still in Sigma's Fortress when it crashed into the ocean and exploded in X1, and he was just fine and dandy shortly after. So was Vile. Robodeath has already been established as basically meaningless.
Stink Terios

Post by Stink Terios »

Oh yeah, I forgot about Vile.
You know what? They just didn't think anything through plotwise :v
raekuul
2 Nephi 2:25-27
First name: Pokota
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by raekuul »

Discussion about plot
Since when did this series grew a plot?
Games Beaten In 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.

Post by Voltgloss »

My take on the plot? Double summed it up best. All the characters are idiots.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

Le Neveu de Rameau wrote: 6 years ago I swear the next episode is going to feature raocow marveling at the concept that robots could have feet and hands.
underrated truth
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Okay, so basically the original Maverick Virus was floating around in Zero's capsule.

Some of it fused with Sigma, creating the Sigma Virus, which is the Maverick Virus most commonly referred to.

Some it fused with Zero, making him into a good guy, because he was a really bad dude.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Stink Terios

Post by Stink Terios »

Remember when I said X4 Sigma was really easy when you got to know him? Now you've experienced it!

Also, remember that Zero only got his saber on X2. It was given by Sigma to him. He only had the Z-buster before.

And Zero's also not a reploid, because that would mean he was created based on X's design.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

X and Zero are technically not Reploids but they like to include themselves in the Reploid race as a matter of identity. This is evidenced by

Ciel in MMZ1

calling X a Reploid.
Blue

Post by Blue »

Oh wow, nice detail to use the X1 Zero design rather than the X2 and onwards version.
Grounder wrote: 6 years ago Some it fused with Zero, making him into a good guy, because he was a really bad dude.
Wasn't his coding modified by Dr. Cain rather than the virus, since he was still acting under Wily's directives?
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

time for the easiest game in the series
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

My apologies if the whole "jump-cancel" thing was confusing. It wasn't a suggestion for doing more damage, but to get mobile again after using the lightning stab, because your feet are nailed to the floor while using it and that's the last thing you want to happen to you when fighting the likes of Dragoon and Beast. It all worked out in the end anyway.

Minor aside: Normal Sigma is weak to lightning, just like with X. Big Gun Sigma is weak to fire and Trash Head Sigma is weak to ice (and also possibly Dash Slash, I forget for sure because Dash Slash sucks and is terrible).
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
xnamkcor

Post by xnamkcor »

Parama wrote: 6 years ago time for the easiest game in the series
Super Adventure Rockman?
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

Today in "Gameplay suggestion or the title of my favorite slashfic?": You can just be inside Sigma, like, all the time.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

With Mega Man X4 complete, that's right around the halfway point of the series, if not a little bit past it. It's definitely a turning point of the franchise because I'm pretty sure there was some talent turnover around this time with some key employees at Capcom going off and being a part of Inti Creates.

Thankfully, Mega Man & Bass is still an all right game on the Super Famicom, but man, we're about to enter the dark days of this franchise if you were a fan of 2D platformers. Oh well!
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

Oh hey, it just occurred to me. How is RBO gonna work for RnF? <_<
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

I mean obviously it doesn't :I
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Sugar
Pronouns: fae/faer

Post by Sugar »

I guess they wanted to make sure you have a weakness for Burner Man, because this fight is a pain. Even with a weakness. Oh well, I guess you can use a different order, say move counter-clockwise.
Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.

Post by Voltgloss »

Kilgamayan wrote: 6 years ago Oh hey, it just occurred to me. How is RBO gonna work for RnF? <_<
I propose he play the three bosses in the "first column" first, in reverse order from how he'd usually face them during a normal run; and then do the same with the bosses in the "second column." That way all of the first set of stages are played together before anything in the second set.

As an example, if his usual order was

Cold -> Burner -> Pirate -> Ground -> Tengu -> Magic -> Astro -> Dynamo

, he'd instead play

Astro -> Ground -> Cold -> Dynamo -> Magic -> Tengu -> Pirate -> Burner

xnamkcor

Post by xnamkcor »

Kilgamayan wrote: 6 years ago Oh hey, it just occurred to me. How is RBO gonna work for RnF? <_<
RAM Hacking.
churine

Post by churine »

Mea wrote: 6 years agoIris I don't get. She said she wanted to live with Zero together in a world only for Reploids. Even if she were trying to defend the Repliforce for trying to establish that utopia, I don't see how trying to kill Zero helps her wish. You know, "living" and "together". Looks like she knew what he was fighting for: because he was told to. Kinda ironic for a robot given free will.
It was more that she wanted that before the part Zero killed her brother because he was told to.
She hoped the hunters being after a faction trying really poorly to get independence wouldn't go that far and that Zero would find a peaceful way, but nope. So she figured it was all over and decided killing the both of them would at least help the repliforce.

The death inconsistencies is basically that it's viruses and things that fry your brain what kill you for real. Exploding in half is just a scratch.
A body exploding is fine if you still got the data, but the body alone working is meaningless. What else did you think the refights were?
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

Xebec would go on to do the cutscenes in the "Alter Ego" chapter of killer7.

E: Actually more relevantly, I just learned that they did a full 25-minute-long MMX movie as bonus content for Maverick Hunter X. Nice!

Anyway X4 really didn't impress me, it was mostly boring. Excited to see 8.5, but I think it's a big shame that they went with 8's art style instead of 7's.
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
AlchemistHohenheim

Post by AlchemistHohenheim »

Blue wrote: 6 years ago Oh wow, nice detail to use the X1 Zero design rather than the X2 and onwards version.
Grounder wrote: 6 years ago Some it fused with Zero, making him into a good guy, because he was a really bad dude.
Wasn't his coding modified by Dr. Cain rather than the virus, since he was still acting under Wily's directives?
According to a really old design document that was on display at the Rockman Unite anniversary event earlier this year, the virus actually did turn him good because it wasn't possible for him to become more evil:
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

I can't believe evilness is susceptible to overflow errors.
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Dragon Fogel wrote: 6 years ago I can't believe evilness is susceptible to overflow errors.
You could say that it looped right back to zero! :lol:
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage