(shouting)

Mega Man - We're Here Forever!

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Bean
Yep.

Re: Mega Man X4 - What Are We Playing? Fourrrrrrrrr!!!

Post by Bean »

I think that was a cleanup video!
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

Man, you hit him with ice stab once and did a lot of damage and just...didn't notice and never went back to ice stabs. :(
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

For those of you who don't pay much attention to video titles, tonight's title translates roughly to "Energy Vinegar".
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

I'm kind of laughing at the fact that Colonel only did his super attack once in the whole playthrough, and that was in the X run at the wall instead of you. He was going for it again right when you finished him off as Zero today, that hop by the wall he does before it being the tell. Not your fault. The dude just didn't want to win!

Tomorrow, we go to the space for what I've been waiting nearly four weeks for.
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Bean wrote: 6 years ago Tomorrow, we go to the space for what I've been waiting nearly four weeks fooooooooorrrrr?!
ftfy
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

I was thinking about typing it like that, but nah.
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

Have E-tanks been filled with energy vinegar the whole time? 🤔
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer

Post by Kilgamayan »

After all this buildup, I can't wait for raocow to skip tonight's cutscene by accident.

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

So how *do* you dodge Iris' laser diamond?

And is there a better way of fighting General with Zero?
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!
Stink Terios

Post by Stink Terios »

So, here's the stupid part: Iris. She's a robot. Ant yet Zero is all torn about """killing""" her.
You know? Zero? The guy who killed himself and just got casually fixed?
For all we know she just went into safety mode or something! She didn't blow up into nothingness like Colonel.

This game is silly.
Mea

Post by Mea »

Dragon Fogel wrote: So how *do* you dodge Iris' laser diamond?

Dunno about the General fight, but the diamond stops tracking you the moment Iris fires her laser, so you're supposed to hang around the center of the screen and then make a big jump towards the wall when she fires so that the diamond stops away from the wall.

edit: apparently Zero's first slash does damage to General for every frame that it's out, so you just spam that from the top fist. Takes about four slashes and even less seconds
Last edited by Mea 6 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: liv/livvy
Pronouns: she/her
https://blivsey.talkhaus.com/

Post by Blivsey »

Rest in peace, Iris, a girl worth fighting for(rrrrrrrr)
convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes
Blue

Post by Blue »

Dragon Fogel wrote: 6 years ago So how *do* you dodge Iris' laser diamond?

The vertical laser freezes in place when the horizontal one fires. You can pretty easily bait it away from the wall with an airdash or double jump.

The better way of fighting General is to use an Etank with Fireman strats
Stink Terios wrote: 6 years ago So, here's the stupid part: Iris. She's a robot. Ant yet Zero is all torn about """killing""" her.
You know? Zero? The guy who killed himself and just got casually fixed?
For all we know she just went into safety mode or something! She didn't blow up into nothingness like Colonel.

This game is silly.
The plot of this game got kicked off because an idiot robot decided to start a violent military coup instead of just putting down a sword for a few hours. This game is a beautifully recursive web of infinite dumb.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

it really isn't anybody in mega man x world's fault that they live in mega man x world, in which (to repeat myself from earlier) the government gets to diagnose people they disagree with as mavericks

like that's an outright fascist dystopia thing and you can't convince me that repliforce deserved that just because they're idiots (especially since everyone but double and split mushroom seem to be not any brighter)
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Super Llama
Love is stored in the robot

Post by Super Llama »

Oh boy it's time for the redub of That Scene.

Leet wrote: 6 years ago it really isn't anybody in mega man x world's fault that they live in mega man x world, in which (to repeat myself from earlier) the government gets to diagnose people they disagree with as mavericks

like that's an outright fascist dystopia thing and you can't convince me that repliforce deserved that just because they're idiots (especially since everyone but double and split mushroom seem to be not any brighter)
The evolution of the Maverick label from a term for legitimately dangerous reploids brainwashed by the Sigma Virus to an excuse to kill dissidents and undesirables is one of my favorite things about the X and Zero series. There's a surprising amount of depth in the series underneath all the cheesy 90's dubbing, sloppy localizations, and important bits of lore that are bafflingly left out of the games themselves.

Which is of course another reason to be sad about the Maverick Hunter X series never getting past the first game, since it was supposed to give the series an overhaul with better writing and voice acting and such.
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

So I recently found this band called Cojum Dip (heavily related to the band Tally Hall if you've ever heard of them). Their gimmick is they're all dressed like luchadors and they do jazz metal music. This one song is called Puzzle Dust, and it starts out with Uncle Frank from Home Alone yelling "look what you did, you little jerk!" and eventually reaches a section of the song where the singer yells "WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOR?!" which I believe is an X4 reference (around 1 minute into this if the timestamp doesn't work)

My further evidence for this is another track, Reverse Mullet which randomly ends in the Mega Man 7 intro stage music (around 4:15 in if timestamp doesn't work)

Thought it was super cool when I stumbled upon this band adding in a few nods to Mega Man games cause I was listening to them regardless of that.
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer

Post by Kilgamayan »

General with Zero:

EDIT: You've already figured most of these out, but for the sake of the refights not taking eighty years, here's the weakness list.

Lightning Stab: Dragoon (jump-cancel!), Mushroom (destroy the holograms), Beast (jump-cancel!)
Fire Slash: Peacock, Walrus
Ice Stab: Stingray (it hits a bit in front of you as well as below, which should help actually hit him)
Giga Attack: Owl
Dash Slash: Spider (Good luck hitting him with this during the first half of the battle)

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

I mean, the world's already had three outbreaks of Mavericks and here comes a Reploid army saying they want independence and have some bots go and attack cities, hide a giant weapon in the forest, and not even be willing to talk things out. Gonna say that the Maverick Hunters are in the right here. Zero series is where it gets more the way that tweet says though, bar none.

That reaction to Zero's line was exactly what I thought it would be. Hope you go and fill up your Sub Tanks before the finale though!
Le Neveu de Rameau
I'm a hoobsie roller; I got robots in my life
First name: Rameau's Nephew

Post by Le Neveu de Rameau »

I swear the next episode is going to feature raocow marveling at the concept that robots could have feet and hands.
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

Oh my god is the Mega Man X story actually causing political debate?
xnamkcor

Post by xnamkcor »

Ashan wrote: 6 years ago Oh my god is the Mega Man X story actually causing political debate?
Can we label the people who don't side with the Irregular Hunters as Mavericks?
You cannot add yourself to the friends list.
You cannot add yourself to the foes list.
Stink Terios

Post by Stink Terios »

You know, the X series really isn't the place for this discussion. It only comes up in X4 and X6, then gets dropped entirely. We never actually get to understand what kind of government is in place.

Also, there was a more elegant way they could have handled Iris's death: Zero not being able to bring her body with him in order to escape the exploding final weapon, and the urgency of having to fight General/Sigma beforehand.
Mea

Post by Mea »

I feel like she doesn't really have to be dead on the spot to bring about Zero's thing in the scene, which is him wavering about whatever it is he's doing. Literally, what is he fighting for? He's a maverick hunter hunting people he knows aren't mavericks, so legit what is he doing, he just made a scrap heap out of his girlfriend or whoever for no reason. I'm gonna headguess that even if she were alive, she would be decommissioned the moment the higher ups got a hold of the whole situation.

Iris I don't get. She said she wanted to live with Zero together in a world only for Reploids. Even if she were trying to defend the Repliforce for trying to establish that utopia, I don't see how trying to kill Zero helps her wish. You know, "living" and "together". Looks like she knew what he was fighting for: because he was told to. Kinda ironic for a robot given free will.

Me trying to take the story seriously. (Since Zero is cool in the MMZ games and I'm trying to give his character the credit he needs to work better in those games)