(shouting)

Mega Man - We're Here Forever!

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
AuraLancer
AKA Uncle Aura

Re: Mega Man X4 - What Are We Playing? Fourrrrrrrrr!!!

Post by AuraLancer »

I dunno, X8 is worth the second half. I hate X5 though.
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

Oh, I personally would absolutely buy the X5-X8 collection, but I think not many people would argue that it were the BETTER of the two. I think the arguments go in two other directions: X1-X3 because they're SNES and very similar, so could just be emulated super easily; or X1-X5 because that's how Inafune wanted the story to end initially. Then there'd be really only half a good game in the X6-X8 collection.

For the record, I'd absolutely buy a latter X collection no matter how it's split up exactly, because I genuinely have fun playing X6 even though it is REALLY bad, I want to experience X7 in all it's hyper garbage glory without crazy emulator slowdown this time (because quelle surprise: it emulates like the shit it is), and it would be nice to have all of X8 if I want to have an actually decent game for a change.

I despise X5 but it's fine book- or frontending a collection in any scenario.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

If they really wanted to be shrewd, they can have a collection of odd numberings (1, 3, 5, 7) and a collection of even numberings (2, 4, 6, 8) so that both sets have a mix of earlier classics and later mostly flawed games. Then you have to buy both and piece them together to complete your collection, as if it was Pokemon.
Stink Terios

Post by Stink Terios »

xnamkcor wrote: 6 years ago I'd be interested on a technical level how they decide to port X8.

PS: X5 is one of my favorites...
"Port X8"

It's been on PC since 2005! And it's a fantastic port that'll run in a toaster.

Actually, X4~X8 were all ported to PC already. X4 and X5 are janky due to being old, X6 was only released in Korea as well as X7, but X7's port is a god damn garbage fire, as is the game.
xnamkcor

Post by xnamkcor »

Stink Terios wrote: 6 years ago
xnamkcor wrote: 6 years ago I'd be interested on a technical level how they decide to port X8.

"Port X8"

Actually, X4~X8 were all ported to PC already. X4 and X5 are janky due to being old, X6 was only released in Korea as well as X7, but X7's port is a god damn garbage fire, as is the game.
Oh, I thought it was a console collection, like PS4 and Switch. I know about the PC versions.

https://i.imgur.com/PgvVhDw.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/5O2moOB.jpg
You cannot add yourself to the friends list.
You cannot add yourself to the foes list.
AuraLancer
AKA Uncle Aura

Post by AuraLancer »

I hope they do an X9 someday and drop the extra dumb gimmicks like the Zero Virus and recon robots. But keep Axl playable. I want to see him in a classic X game.
Stink Terios

Post by Stink Terios »

xnamkcor wrote: 6 years ago

"Port X8"

Oh, I thought it was a console collection, like PS4 and Switch. I know about the PC versions.

https://i.imgur.com/PgvVhDw.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/5O2moOB.jpg
Ah, gotcha. They ARE going to be on consoles. I'd be all over portable MMX if I had a Switch.
Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Voltgloss »

... X7's port is a god damn garbage fire, as is the game.
i suppose you could say that it's... "burned to the ground"

i'll see myself out
Blue

Post by Blue »

Dragoon is french for dragon, isn't it? That's why a gun that let out a massive gout of flame when fired was called a dragoon by the french, as were the people that used them.

Also, magma dragoon is weak to the electric stab.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

I think you can get that Heart Tank by doing a dashing wall jump off the very peak of that cliff to the right, but it's a tough one. Other than that, it's nice to see a shorter video on the Zero side. Shame tomorrow's bout with Colonel could be really long.
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

In case anyone's still wondering, the collections have been officially announced. Split right down the middle (so X1-4 and X5-8), July of this year (in Japan, dunno about over here). I will probably just get both of them for Switch, it's one of the reasons I bought it after all...

Trailer
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Poor Mega Man X8, having to be put on the same collection as those other three games.
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

Paragraph wrote: 6 years ago In case anyone's still wondering, the collections have been officially announced. Split right down the middle (so X1-4 and X5-8), July of this year (in Japan, dunno about over here). I will probably just get both of them for Switch, it's one of the reasons I bought it after all...

Trailer
English Trailer:

ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

someone did the math and at around 2 weeks per game remaining this should release just in time for me to play x7
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

raocow wrote: 6 years ago someone did the math and at around 2 weeks per game remaining this should release just in time for me to play x7
Now that is what I call a lucky kooinkidink
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

I like the graphical implication that the fifth-most important X series character isn't Vile, or Cain, or Alia, but Iris.

Also Command Mission re-release when plznthx Capcom
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
AuraLancer
AKA Uncle Aura

Post by AuraLancer »

Command Mission, yes please.
xnamkcor

Post by xnamkcor »

I kinda wanna find out more about ride armors. Do they need to actually be loaded into the RAM to work at all? Do they all work on all stages, but graphically corrupt? Is it possible, without cheating, to beat Dragoon with the armor in tact? With cheating? Does it behave like Yoshi? Does it sing like Yoshi?
Super Llama
Love is stored in the robot

Post by Super Llama »

Kilgamayan wrote: 6 years ago I like the graphical implication that the fifth-most important X series character isn't Vile, or Cain, or Alia, but Iris.

Also Command Mission re-release when plznthx Capcom
Command Mission, some kind of Legacy Collection 3 for the handheld games and maybe Power Battles/Fighters. Hell, I wouldn't be opposed to any of the other series getting bundled rereleases (especially Zero.)
AlchemistHohenheim

Post by AlchemistHohenheim »

Somehow, more than most of the other stuff in the English dub of this game, it really bothers me that Zero's VA pronounces "coup (d'etat)" as "(chicken) coop". Like...it's not that obscure of a term, even in English, man.
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

Good job, raocow. That fight looked pretty tough, but at least he doesn't use Energy Vinegar in this round.
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Is this the first freebie since the final video of SMWCX?
Le Neveu de Rameau
I'm a hoobsie roller; I got robots in my life
First name: Rameau's Nephew

Post by Le Neveu de Rameau »

AlchemistHohenheim wrote: 6 years ago Somehow, more than most of the other stuff in the English dub of this game, it really bothers me that Zero's VA pronounces "coup (d'etat)" as "(chicken) coop". Like...it's not that obscure of a term, even in English, man.
No, he indeed means "coop"; Zero was attempting to prevent What The Hell along. Alas, we citizens of the World of Tomorrow know his quest is doomed to failure.
Super Llama
Love is stored in the robot

Post by Super Llama »

Fun fact: This is one of the scenes that Lucas Gilbertson (the VA for Zero in Command Mission, X8 and Maverick Hunter X) and some of his VA friends redubbed (along with another FMV later on in Zero storyline, and of course That Scene.)

xnamkcor

Post by xnamkcor »

Super Llama wrote: 6 years ago Fun fact: This is one of the scenes that Lucas Gilbertson (the VA for Zero in Command Mission, X8 and Maverick Hunter X) and some of his VA friends redubbed (along with another FMV later on in Zero storyline, and of course That Scene.)

check out
Also, check out his X8 LP. It's fun hearing a VA play a game he has a major voice role in. At least Gilbertson makes it fun.